annb0t

Top 20
TLG Ann: Vittangi Graphite Mine Appeals Update
Price Sensitive: N
Date: 15th Jun 2023, 12:06pm

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements

Monkeymandan

Regular
The wait continues. Good form from Talga providing an update though.

Attachments

• 863B8EA6-49DB-4919-AA38-C849D72FD0C6.jpeg
    863B8EA6-49DB-4919-AA38-C849D72FD0C6.jpeg
    535.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
The wait continues. Good form from Talga providing an update though.
Note that Talga is saying the Court has not informed it yet of it's decision. So the Court has not yet deemed it really necessary to communicate a delay (even if one has already occurred).

Are they being rude or just so close to a decision they are not bothering ?

I mean it really was a choice between Saving the World or Ripping out a Duck Pond...............OK...... Duck Pond today Saving the World tomorrow

To me that means it's a short delay and we get a decision within 24 hours......

As I said don't forget this little sentence from the 8 May update..........................

The Court of Appeal will assess the merits of any submissions made by the Extended Deadline and is expected to determine whether to reject or grant any party with leave to appeal on 14 June 2023.

Also don't forget this is a controversial project so if the right to appeal is dismissed I'd imagine the judges would feel the need to go into a great deal of detail of their reasons why for each of the 6 appeal requests

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
By the way what is the facebook page for the Antis ?

Is this one of them ? as they seem anti mine and wind turbines

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
Note that Talga is saying the Court has not informed it yet of it's decision. So the Court has not yet deemed it really necessary to communicate a delay (even if one has already occurred).

Are they being rude or just so close to a decision they are not bothering ?

I mean it really was a choice between Saving the World or Ripping out a Duck Pond...............OK...... Duck Pond today Saving the World tomorrow

As I said don't forget this little sentence from the 8 May update..........................

The Court of Appeal will assess the merits of any submissions made by the Extended Deadline and is expected to determine whether to reject or grant any party with leave to appeal on 14 June 2023.

Also don't forget this is a controversial project so if the right to appeal is dismissed I'd imagine the judges would feel the need to go into a great deal of detail of their reasons why for each of the 6 appeal requests
I suspect the court may have indicated to Talga that they would take a week to make a decision (in a approximate sense), and that the week was then taken literally and the 14th derived from that by Talga. Which would be perfectly reasonable to me - just showing they’re doing their best to keep shareholders in the loop.

Can’t be long now either way…

Reactions: 3 users

Semmel

Regular
nervous cricket GIF by KingfisherWorld

catdog

I suspect the court may have indicated to Talga that they would take a week to make a decision (in a approximate sense), and that the week was then taken literally and the 14th derived from that by Talga. Which would be perfectly reasonable to me - just showing they’re doing their best to keep shareholders in the loop.

Can’t be long now either way…
That's my thinking as well.

We had a crucial decision on a pond yesterday and now a new crucial decision on five storage sheds today.

C'mon Court of Appeal, make a decision to permit a resource of national significance, of a designated critical material, which is the largest graphite resource in Europe, and the highest grade JORC graphite resource globally. Not like it's crucial to climate change or the green deal or securing Europe's supply chain for the electrification revolution or anything.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
I like the idea of Talga announcing mine and refinery permit at the same day. 😇

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
By the way what is the facebook page for the Antis ?

Is this one of them ? as they seem anti mine and wind turbines

This is one person from the group. She painted the poster just for us or against us. The group: link

cosors

👀
I like the idea of Talga announcing mine and refinery permit at the same day. 😇
the processing concession on top

Well I can scrap that bit of speculation now.

No announcement this morning................................This is heading into next week by the look of it

Reactions: 2 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
Well I can scrap that bit of speculation now.

No announcement this morning................................This is heading into next week by the look of it

Still clinging on to the hope the Court will want to close this out before the weekend and we hear something direct from the court later tonight. But not holding my breathe!

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Vigdorian

Regular
Still clinging on to the hope the Court will want to close this out before the weekend and we hear something direct from the court later tonight. But not holding my breathe!
My life time dose of browsing decisions about - shooting ranges , beach protection, housing extensions and ponds has just about maxed !

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
My life time dose of browsing decisions about - shooting ranges , beach protection, housing extensions and ponds has just about maxed !
Yeah, I’ll certainly sleep better this weekend knowing those shooting ranges have to stick to their current opening hours. Should help accelerate the green transition no end!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

beserk

Regular
What can the hold up be? Generally Swedish authorities are sticklers for keeping promises. If a Swede says a certain time he has committed to it..BIGLY...

-beserk

Semmel

Regular
1 more week and we have a full 2 months delay by overburden and vacation of the court. Sigh.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

JNRB

Regular
1 more week and we have a full 2 months delay by overburden and vacation of the court. Sigh.
What a total embarrassment for Sweden... get your shit together and don't provide timelines that are going to be missed by multiples of their duration.

I'm still hanging out though that a delay means a ruling in our favour.l and the just want to make sure they cover their arses from amgey Nimbys and make sure Greta the Groaning doesnt come after them

What a total embarrassment for Sweden... get your shit together and don't provide timelines that are going to be missed by multiples of their duration.

I'm still hanging out though that a delay means a ruling in our favour.l and the just want to make sure they cover their arses from amgey Nimbys and make sure Greta the Groaning doesnt come after them
I tend to agree.

They probably made a decision in our favour 2 months ago but want to make it look like they are looking at everything in triplicate lest it looks like it was a hasty decision.

Semmel

Regular
There must be someone they can talk to to get things rolling. There is no information, no explanation, nothing from the courts that we heard. There must be a superior someone. There should be some politicians that can put pressure on the court. I can't imagine that there is a judge that can just randomly fuck up businesses by not making decisions.

anbuck

Regular
There must be someone they can talk to to get things rolling. There is no information, no explanation, nothing from the courts that we heard. There must be a superior someone. There should be some politicians that can put pressure on the court. I can't imagine that there is a judge that can just randomly fuck up businesses by not making decisions.
They're on vacation. Will be back soon. The future is bright.

Top Bottom