TLG Ann: Court Rejects Appeals Against Vittangi Mine - 1st Sep 2023, 8:11am

Semmel

Regular
It probably boils down to an exchange of punches on many fronts.
But somehow that doesn't worry me when it comes to our interest and the interest of climate protection. To me, the action of the environmental protection association seems more desperate than tactical. Of course, many people will believe in what they are spreading. But does that change anything? The court decides what is right. And if the protests become so loud that the government has to act, then all the arguments in favour of this project can no longer be concealed.
Show the movie in Brussels?! If Talga is the best example of the extinction of the Sami and nature, and with this tiny print of all things (remember the blue dot on the map), then they must be really desperate. And that's what they want to show in Brussels? The question is who will watch it and what will be the reaction when this film is shown with the representation of 'luxury problems' (in our case; we know our foot print and benefits we offer for climate and independence). You all know how little the national interest project hinders the 'meat industry'. But I don't want to repeat myself. I think it is a desperate act to present itself as a victim as one-sidedly as possible. But politics works differently.

Probably the best thing to do at this showdown is to sit on the sidelines with a cold drink and popcorn, just watch.

It's a pity that a few years ago I assumed that I had the same interest as them, the protection of our planet and the climate.

I feel your pain. I have the same conundrum. I thought I was on the same side as climate protection. But there seem to be a giant difference between me and them. It's a hard lesson to learn. At least for me.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I feel your pain. I have the same conundrum. I thought I was on the same side as climate protection. But there seem to be a giant difference between me and them. It's a hard lesson to learn. At least for me.
I'm not worried about the locals. However I am very concerned about the rise in synthetic and how much easier it is to set up an SG factory than it is to set up a mine and a factory. Plus I understand they can produce it by using other "stuff" not petroleum coke and pricing is more or less the same

Our SP is under pressure due to the Chinese OEMs switching heavily to SG. Look at Syrah it was around $2.67 around 10 months ago. Now it's $0.48. Renascour the same thing. It was $0.25 now it's $0.11.

I'm sure MT has offtakes ready to roll out but the expansions might be a problem in future years. Don't forget China is building an SG plant in Sweden using hydro. SG not NG might become the default product.

Which begs another question..........................................................

How the flying f**k do the Swedes think a energy intensive process like creating SG using hydro is actually a good use of hydro unless they have a shitload of excess electricity ?

Our future might be a bit more rocky then we first thought

Happy to hear why you think I am wrong ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I'm not worried about the locals. However I am very concerned about the rise in synthetic and how much easier it is to set up an SG factory than it is to set up a mine and a factory. Plus I understand they can produce it by using other "stuff" not petroleum coke and pricing is more or less the same

Our SP is under pressure due to the OEMs switching heavily to SG. Look at Syrah it was around $2.67 around 10 months ago. Now it's $0.48. Renascour the same thing. It was $0.25 now it's $0.11.

I'm sure MT has offtakes ready to roll out but the expansions might be a problem in future years. Don't forget China is building an SG plant in Sweden using hydro. SG not NG might become the default product

Our future might be a bit more rocky then we first thought

Happy to hear why you think I am wrong ?

I'm no genius, so take this with a pinch of salt, but I think I remember Mark saying operating costs in producing sg vs mining ng are tilted in favour of ng. Earth has done the heavy lifting, the energy requirements of sg are massive. No supply issues in sourcing ng when you have your own reserve.
Then I also think that "switching to sg" might have little to do with preferences. Talking about right now, most ng anodes and manufactured by China. Most sg anodes are similarly manufactured by China. China might have an incentive to make it a little easier to utilise sg anodes. You might think this is worth zooming in on, maybe it is. My view is that the Chinese market is not what I would consider to be a free market, so not as concerned about the "preferences" towards similar products coming out of the region. We'll see how that turns out over time.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm just wondering that come close of business Swedish time Thursday 28 September will they stay back and send TLG an email (11pm Perth time Thursday) saying an appeal has been lodged or has not been lodged just in time for TLG to inform the ASX first thing Friday morning.

I doubt it, I think TLG will get an email sometime Friday evening Perth time and we will be waiting until Monday morning AEST/ASX time for an Announcement .

By the way all of you Peeps, Sydney plus Melbourne go on Summertime as of this Saturday night so we put our clocks forward this Saturday night.

Western Australia (Perth) and Queensland(Brisbane) do not participate because it fades their curtains and the cows don't like being milked in the semi darkness apparently

This is a small sample of the type of people that live in those 2 states

channel 9 beer GIF by Married At First Sight Australia
Geelong Cats Flirt GIF by NAB
kath and kim bitch please GIF
Dance Dancing GIF by bobercreative
GIF by Giphy QA
australian greeting GIF
Sophie Monk Aussie GIF by Love Island Australia
Australian Oy GIF by Astrid and Lilly Save The World

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
I'm just wondering that come close of business Swedish time Thursday 28 September will they stay back and send TLG an email (11pm Perth time Thursday) saying an appeal has been lodged or has not been lodged just in time for TLG to inform the ASX first thing Friday morning.

I doubt it, I think TLG will get an email sometime Friday evening Perth time and we will be waiting until Monday morning AEST/ASX time for an Announcement .

By the way all of you Peeps, Sydney plus Melbourne go on Summertime as of this Saturday night so we put our clocks forward this Saturday night.

Western Australia (Perth) and Queensland(Brisbane) do not participate because it fades their curtains and the cows don't like being milked in the semi darkness apparently

This is a small sample of the type of people that live in those 2 states

channel 9 beer GIF by Married At First Sight Australia
Geelong Cats Flirt GIF by NAB
kath and kim bitch please GIF
Dance Dancing GIF by bobercreative
GIF by Giphy QA
australian greeting GIF
Sophie Monk Aussie GIF by Love Island Australia
Australian Oy GIF by Astrid and Lilly Save The World

I’m hoping the same, but think it’s a stretch for us to hear anything on Friday. In which case we won’t see an announcement until Tuesday given Monday is a public holiday.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m hoping the same, but think it’s a stretch for us to hear anything on Friday. In which case we won’t see an announcement until Tuesday given Monday is a public holiday.
Oh yeah you are right. So it’s Tuesday then

Semmel

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Gero

Regular
The ASX is open on Monday 2/10 as it is not a national public holiday. Vic, WA, Tas and NT don't have a public holiday on Monday.
So, if Talga is notified after the ASX closes on Friday they will need to announce on Monday 2/10.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
The ASX is open on Monday 2/10 as it is not a national public holiday. Vic, WA, Tas and NT don't have a public holiday on Monday.
So, if Talga is notified after the ASX closes on Friday they will need to announce on Monday 2/10.
Ah great, thanks Gero. National Vs State only public holidays is a bizarre concept to an expat.

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom