TLG Ann: Vittangi environmental permit hearing commenced - 1st Feb 2023, 8:26am

cosors

👀
Now that I just brought this up. There are also such opinions:

Vittang's latest negotiations about the graphite screw​

Published yesterday at 09:25
  • When the final negotiations in the Land and Environmental Court began in Luleå on Tuesday regarding a new graphite mine in Nunasvaara, outside Vittangi, the local population's concerns about emissions, the erasure of biological diversity and making it difficult for reindeer husbandry stand against the company Talga's argument that the graphite is needed in batteries, which are part off of the green transition.
  • In Vittangi, the graphite screw does not spread outside the village and the dirty water does not get into the channel from which the village gets its drinking water. The Talga company, which wants to screw things up, is going to use the best macho technology that protects the environment, and I think you don't need graphite in the batteries, which are important, even if they use fossil fuels."
https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/vittangin-grafiitti-kruuvasta-viimiset-neuvottelut

All clear? Not to me.

I think I should really stop reading this crap and deal with inane idiocy. I have now understood how they tick. Please provide yourselves with the hottest shit in the future. It does my head no good to constantly get the hammer of propaganda on it. 🙈🙉🔨 😅

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Semmel

Regular
I am wondering for a long time why you do that to your self. Guess some people cant look away from crashes and you cant look away from this.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
I'll let it rest now. For me, everything has been said.
But here is a well researched article and contribution from those who try to work seriously and still reflect opinions to show how to do it better. Because I have picked him out I became aware of this interesting detail again:

In March 2022, the government decided that the national interest in mineral mining in this case takes precedence over the national interest in reindeer husbandry and granted the British company a processing concession.

the arcticle
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/sweden-home-of-tlgs-graphite-mine-s.31382/post-64977

Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
G'day TC. No sign of MT. Just MP and Per-Eric from my few hrs there. Not to say he may not attend if / when necessary. I'm not sure how his Swedish is, but got the feeling he wasn't too engaged with proceedings I.e., maybe a lot went over his head (as it did mine!). No interpreters that I could see. In the first sitting, TLG ran about a 1 hour preso and this was done in Swedish by two persons I wasn't aware of (something MP would usually do in public).
And yeah, I was very happy to not see protestors. It was super quiet outside and a solid -15 degrees so not ideal conditions for such! The Sami appeared very calm and measured. The mushroom guru was quite animated in his opening address tho :)
It was so super quiet outside that day because:
The planned bus trip down to Luleå was cancelled, too few people signed up for it. (YES to a FUTURE without mining)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Not sure of interest to anyone and might already be known, but I've only just realised:

Per-Erik Lindvall, Chairman of Talga Sweden who represented the company at the permit hearing, is also on the board of Kaunis Iron who recently got an environmental permit approval for an open cut IO mine 100X the size of Vittangi. Hopefully we've got the right people to get the job done :)

1)
Kaunis 2.png

2)
Kaunis.png

Reactions: 7 users

beserk

Regular
PEL was CEO of Kaunis Iron from the restructuring of the mining operations in 2018 and start up of the company until 2019 when he stepped down from the role. He has also in the past been VP of Technology and Business Development in LKAB and is a Honorary Doctor of Technology and Philosophy at Luleå University of Technology.

As a CEO for Kaunis Iron he was involved in embedding Kaunis Iron in the Pajala community by sponsoring local sporting clubs like Pajala IF and the local economy in Pajala. See info below...

So PEL is clearly aware of the importance to Talga, operating in the Northern Swedish mining and green industry sector, to be seen as a contributor to the well being of the local community in Vittangi.

IMHO PEL was the right man for the job at the hearings in Luleå equipped with an unique combination of mining business acumen and an innate feeling for community involvement and engagement.

⚒️ 🚛 🚇...

-beserk

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

cosors

👀
This articles I read are all behind a paywall but I have paid once so far to give you the content in my words without violating copyright. I have therefore ~read to you.

"I quote Per-Erik Lindvall former director of LKAB and CEO of Kaunis Iron further back in my paper on the Sami issue and our project:
My experience of dealing with this kind of problem for 40 years in different roles is that we, as well as everyone else, should try to find common ground so that we can both work . So far I think we have found workable solutions in the projects I have been involved in and we will do our utmost to try to find workable solutions for Talma as well."
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/the-talga-bar.13637/post-106638

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
By the way, he lives very nicely on the waterfront outside Lulea. And he is involved in Rotary, which is also good for networking. I don't know if as a member or if he was invited.

Reactions: 2 users

beserk

Regular
Yes my brother lives by the waterfront in Luleå and it is very nice by the shores of the Gulf of Bothnia.

Particularly this time of year when you can skate, ski or drive your car on the sea ice. The mad keen Dutch ice skaters come to Luleå each February to enjoy a speed skating festival ⛸️ ⛸️ ⛸️......

Alas ice skating on natural ice on the channels in Holland probably never will happen again due to global warming. So more the reason for switching to electrical vehicles powered by Talga green technology.

And lets keep our fingers crossed for a poistive decision of the Swedish Land and Enviroment Court.

⚒️ 🚛 🚇...

-beserk

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom