TLG Ann: Update on mine environmental permit appeal submission period - 28th Apr 2023, 10:40am

annb0t

Top 20
TLG Ann: Update on mine environmental permit appeal submission period
Price Sensitive: Y
Date: 28th Apr 2023, 10:40am

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements

BigDog

Regular
No surprise the appeals have come in but this announcement gives me confidence the appeals will be rejected.

Six submissions from individuals and not for profit organizations for which the granting of the permit would not have come as a surprise. The request for extensions smells of desperation and delay tactics.

It is my strong belief these appeals will fall flat and we will be on our way within one months time.

Reactions: 11 users
"The Court has confirmed receiving six submissions regarding the Permit, five of which include requests for extension of time to submit required details with respect to a reason for appeal."

Looks like there is some collusion between the five

In my opinion the Court will either grant a time extension very quickly or throw it out very quickly as this would be a routine request that the Court has dealt with many times before.

I mean why do they need more time ?..............................................Is Greta on holiday ?

I think there is going to be only one valid request for an appeal which will likely be dismissed

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
No surprise the appeals have come in but this announcement gives me confidence the appeals will be rejected.

Six submissions from individuals and not for profit organizations for which the granting of the permit would not have come as a surprise. The request for extensions smells of desperation and delay tactics.

It is my strong belief these appeals will fall flat and we will be on our way within one months time.
I second that. I didn’t actually expect an announcement for another few days until the path/validity of any appeals was clearer, but the wording of this announcement clearly shows Talga are confident given the nature of those who have appealed.

Reactions: 9 users
.................given the nature of those who have appealed.
Sounds like there are "bush" lawyers in town

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Anyone heard of this Company at all ?

Note this was an appeal of a decision by the County Administrative Board of Västerbotten not the District Court

PRESS RELEASES​

Land and Environmental Court announces that the permit for mining activities in Natura 2000 area has gained legal effect
Bluelake Mineral AB (publ) (the "Company" or "Bluelake Mineral") has as previously announced, via its subsidiary Vilhelmina Mineral AB, been granted a Natura 2000 permit for mining operations on June 2, 2022. The County Administrative Board of Västerbotten granted Vilhelmina Mineral AB a permit in accordance with Chapter 7 Section 28a of the Environmental Code for mining activities in connection with and within the Natura 2000 area Vardo, Laster and Fjällfjällen (SE0810394) in Vilhelmina municipality. As previously announced, the decision has been appealed by Vilhelmina Södra Sami village, after which they later withdrew the appeal. The Land and Environmental Court at Umeå District Court has today announced that the decision to write off the case has not been appealed, which means that Vilhelmina Mineral AB's Natura 2000 permit for mining operations has gained legal effect and that the decision can no longer be appealed.​

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
@Semmel

I think this is where I read the Court tries to decide within a month.

But did we determine it was the Supreme Court (Environmental Division) or not ?

This is how long it takes

Normally, the Supreme Court decides whether to grant leave to appeal around 1 month after it receives the application. This decision is taken by one or more Justices of the Supreme Court. Usually, a good 90% of applications for leave to appeal are decided by a single Justice of the Supreme Court.

Plus this

Restoration of expired time

An application for restoration of expired time is a request to re-start the time frame for, most commonly, appealing against a ruling.
For such an application to be approved, the applicant must have a lawful excuse (valid reason) for having missed the original deadline. Simply put, this means that the applicant must show that the delay was due to something outside his or her control or something he or she could not reasonably have foreseen (for example a serious illness preventing the timely lodging of an appeal).
The Supreme Court approves only a small percentage of the restoration of expired time applications it receives.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Semmel

Regular
@Semmel

I think this is where I read the Court tries to decide within a month.

But did we determine it was the Supreme Court (Environmental Division) or not ?

This is how long it takes

Normally, the Supreme Court decides whether to grant leave to appeal around 1 month after it receives the application. This decision is taken by one or more Justices of the Supreme Court. Usually, a good 90% of applications for leave to appeal are decided by a single Justice of the Supreme Court.

Plus this

Restoration of expired time

An application for restoration of expired time is a request to re-start the time frame for, most commonly, appealing against a ruling.
For such an application to be approved, the applicant must have a lawful excuse (valid reason) for having missed the original deadline. Simply put, this means that the applicant must show that the delay was due to something outside his or her control or something he or she could not reasonably have foreseen (for example a serious illness preventing the timely lodging of an appeal).
The Supreme Court approves only a small percentage of the restoration of expired time applications it receives.

Very cool, thank you! I am quite hopeful too that there will be no appeal granted. :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Note an extension of time to lodge an appeal for that case above Bluelake Minerals was granted

Land and Environmental Court announces additional two-week deadline for Vilhelmina Södra Sami village to complete appeal against permit for mining activities in Natura 2000 area

However in that case the permit was issued by the County Administrative Board of Västerbotten not the District Court

cosors

👀
"The Court has confirmed receiving six submissions regarding the Permit, five of which include requests for extension of time to submit required details with respect to a reason for appeal."

In my opinion the Court will either grant a time extension very quickly or throw it out very quickly as this would be a routine request that the Court has dealt with many times before.

I mean why do they need more time ?..............................................Is Greta on holiday ?

I think there is going to be only one valid request for an appeal which will likely be dismissed
I thought one was coming from us :unsure:

cosors

👀

Am I misunderstanding or have the other five agreed to play for time because they can't find dry powder in a hurry and the other of the six are ourselves?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Am I misunderstanding or have the other five agreed to play for time because they can't find dry powder in a hurry and the other of the six is ourselves?

____
My poor language skills, is 'is' correct here or should it be 'are'?
We are not included in the 6 as they all came from Non Profit Organisations and Individuals

Semmel

Regular
We are not included in the 6 as they all came from Non Profit Organisations and Individuals

I re-red the statement from Talga. It appears you are correct. Strange..

Am I misunderstanding or have the other five agreed to play for time because they can't find dry powder in a hurry and the other of the six is ourselves?

____
I agree with you. There should be 7

Well picked up @cosors

Yes really a bit of a miss by the company secretary at TLG

Well we are a non profit organisation I suppose
LOL

OK the 3rd GIF is not really relevant but I’ve just finished a bottle of Shiraz and it’s amusing.
Drama Monkey GIF
monkey GIF
monkey touching GIF

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Yes really a bit of a miss by the company secretary at TLG
7 here: https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/gabna-och-talma-overklagar-grafitgruva
I take the 'couple' (par) literally

• Both Gabna and Talma Sámi villages are appealing the Land and Environment Court's ruling granting permission for Talga AB to start a graphite mine in Njunisvárri in Kiruna municipality. 2
  • The Nature Conservation Association in Norrbotten and its sister association on the Finnish side are also appealing and want to revoke the permit - in addition, a couple of private individuals have appealed. 2+2
  • But the company Talga AB has also requested a review of the judgment - they want the permit to apply immediately, even before the issue has been finally examined by the courts. 1

You can find the individuals here. Just compare the names with those in the verdict.
I find two things strange. Firstly, why I can't find any official information but only the ASX message from Talga and the statement here from the radio station.
And does Talga interpret the information from the court and exclude itself, so does not quote itself?
It doesn't really matter, but I like riddles.
I am curious to see what will become of our fungus affair.

@beserk Did you get something official?

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
Well we are a non profit organisation I suppose
LOL

OK the 3rd GIF is not really relevant but I’ve just finished a bottle of Shiraz and it’s amusing.
Drama Monkey GIF
monkey GIF
monkey touching GIF
I will do that later too ;)😅

• Haha

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.

____
‘Are’ would be correct grammar. Plural!

• Love

cosors

👀
Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom