The Talga Bar

Who is the naive wanker neutro? Wasn't he already on the road years ago and was exactly as naive as he is today? never mind TMH
Neutro has been around on and off over there for a while. 18 months ago he did bring in some new perspectives by providing info but not now. He seems to have watched TLG crash through a wall he thought would never crumble so now he is scrambling around in shock posting really silly stuff.

Those HC people really need to get some perspective as so many of them think that by the end of the month the SP will have crashed through $2.00 on its way to $3.00 then $5.00

It ain't going to happen.

I'd be surprised if it gets to $1.60 or $1.70. The reason being I don't for a moment believe the DFS revenue per tonne figures still hold. As someone over at HC pointed out Novonix are now using US$7000 per tonne. I'd say MT is having major problems getting the DFS prices

The price onslaught of synthetic especially made in the EU will hurt the TLG SP in the short term

Anyway you all wont hear from me for a few weeks. Mrs Monkey and I are off to Singapore, Paris, Milan and Cinque Terre, Pavia, Singapore.

I chickened out and got an automatic car in Italy even though I have driven a manual in Italy before. Driving on the wrong side of the road was already going to do my head in so didn't want the extra burden of a manual shift which I have not driven in 15 years

Au revoir..............Arrivederci

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Semmel

Regular
Have s lovely vacation! :)

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
Neutro has been around on and off over there for a while. 18 months ago he did bring in some new perspectives by providing info but not now. He seems to have watched TLG crash through a wall he thought would never crumble so now he is scrambling around in shock posting really silly stuff.

Those HC people really need to get some perspective as so many of them think that by the end of the month the SP will have crashed through $2.00 on its way to $3.00 then $5.00

I'd be surprised if it gets to $1.60 or $1.70. The reason being I don't for a moment believe the DFS revenue per tonne figures still hold. As someone over at HC pointed out Novonix are now using US$7000 per tonne. I'd say MT is having major problems getting the DFS prices

The price onslaught of synthetic especially made in the EU will hurt the TLG SP in the short term

Anyway you all wont hear from me for a few weeks. Mrs Monkey and I are off to Singapore, Paris, Milan and Cinque Terre, Pavia, Singapore.

I chickened out and got an automatic car in Italy even though I have driven a manual in Italy before. Driving on the wrong side of the road was already going to do my head in so didn't want the extra burden of a manual shift which I have not driven in 15 years

Have a great holiday!
Don't worry so much just because you're driving on the wrong side. Just stay calm and drive like you are, a tourists. Then I don't think any Italian has a problem. You don't want to win a race.
By the way, if GB had changed the side back then it would be good for the environment today.
For all cars the tools for the parts, especially in the cockpit, always have to be made twice, parts have to be made twice, production lines have to be made twice.
But that is an issue that cannot be solved now. Back then, GB still had its own automotive industry.

Just drive calmly and deliberately as if you were on holiday.
I once had to get used to driving a scooter within minutes. And I never did that before. And that went well in Rome. Just do what others do.
And don't let local truck drivers chase you on the country roads. They get a kick out of it. Just look ahead and not behind.

Vi auguro una splendida vacanza!

DAH

Regular

If that was the case re pricing I think MT could deploy a floating price mechanism to address short term concerns. And even then, with MT at the helm of the only locally sourced NG anodes, any customers wanting a long term green relationship would be foolish trying to bend him over a barrel on pricing. Time shall reveal all...

Enjoy Europe! Watch those Italian drivers, they deem indicators unnecessary :)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
@WheresTheMonkey how was your holiday in Italy? Do you have a story or two for us or even photos?

Yes I do

See the two faces in the building adornment?

Then One of two similar friends who are emigrating to Pavia Italy, this one is called Koa the other is Pavi

Mrs Monkey having her first beer since pre covid Hong Kong,

More of a Sauvignon Blanc gal

😂

Attachments

• IMG_2546.jpeg
    IMG_2546.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2544.jpeg
    IMG_2544.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2535.jpeg
    IMG_2535.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2514.jpeg
    IMG_2514.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
  • Love

cosors

👀
For that reason alone, you can't just give in to China. We have shown patience up to here anyway. The world needs the stuff and no one can prove otherwise.
Your holiday looks fine may many more follow. Don't burn money
Yes I do

See the two faces in the building adornment?

Then One of two similar friends who are emigrating to Pavia Italy, this one is called Koa the other is Pavi

Mrs Monkey having her first beer since pre covid Hong Kong,

More of a Sauvignon Blanc gal

😂
will-ferrell-stressed-out.gif

My home
IMG20230916132345.jpg

IMG20230916112217.jpg

threema-20230117-183426489.jpg

Next year my holiday will be first to NYC and later then a road trip, thinking Denver by the Rocky Mountain train to Salt Lake and then by motorhome (?) to the west coast. Both in 24, even if someone wants to take me to Naples and the Amalfi Coast.) I love Italy but I know it and now I have to go further away and over there. I want to experience what it's like to drive for days straight through the endless expanses or wilderness. We don't know that here in Europe.

The Chinese don't try my patience. They have a small/mikro dimension. In 14a from 0 to the biggest city in the world. No one can keep that pace and you are just in Italy. It still exists today and Rome wasn't built in 14a years.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
@WheresTheMonkey what's going on here with the SP!? This surpasses even my worst thoughts that it has broken through. Did you sell everything and are you responsible for the drop?
Gallows humour

cosors

👀
@JoMo68 now we need more patience on both fronts. It is a pity to hope for the right cause and meet such resistance.
But there is no reason for me to doubt the fundamentals from a longer perspective.

JoMo68

Regular
@JoMo68 now we need more patience on both fronts. It is a pity to hope for the right cause and meet such resistance.
But there is no reason for me to doubt the fundamentals from a longer perspective.
OMG, this patience thing is wearing me out!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
OMG, this patience thing is wearing me out!
I'm a very patient person. That helps me on days like this. It's just a shame how both companies are torpedoed. But in the end I believe that both will prevail and both will take a relevant part in their sectors. There is a huge need for both.

But of course there are also opponents as with any change. In the past there were opponents because there was said that steam locomotives were harmful because they were too fast.
We here can see the future that is still being fought against. So more patience.

I think about that China is dumping prices and that could affect the negotiations now. Doesn't that contradict the flexible pricing that is the basis for the contracts? So now the price would be much lower and in two years when in full production the price is back to normal since price manipulation by means of subsidies cannot be maintained forever?
I mean if this basis of argument is even relevant? I think that's what this mechanism is for. MT certainly had the price drop in mind for this, because of Syrah at the time.
And besides, it is almost irrelevant whether the Green Transition is going the way we want it to. MT never tired of explaining that the demand is ten times oversubscribed.
China has declared war on the old OEMs (BYD called for this), whether for the reason that the window will soon close due to the EU requirements against China or to retain dominance in the EV sector. Even in the worst case scenario I find it hard to believe that in two to three years the global battery sector will still be totally dependent on China and all OEMs will only buy from China.
So I think today's action is less based on a fundamental doubt. So I stay patient and don't be distracted by this turbulence. I have no other choice anyway since I don't believe that this European showcase project will be dropped.
And the new French geologist is only doing her job.
Enough words.

Thanks @JNRB for yours!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Semmel

Regular
  • Haha

cosors

👀
"Naked short selling about to take a hit in the US. Trillions of dollars of damage to retail shareholders....can bankrupt companies and/or lead to death spiral financing.

Will the ASX wake up?"
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-382893

"...
The judge’s ruling categorically means that going forward, big banks and financial institutions won’t just be fined for not actively closing shorts, they could be held liable for what so far has been an estimated trillion dollars in losses to retail investors, companies and the U.S. government.

“Brokers can no longer claim that they are not liable for their customers’ trading activities because they are only following their directions. A broker can now be held primarily liable under the federal securities laws when they recklessly fail to monitor, detect and prevent the manipulative or fraudulent trading of their customers,” Warshaw Burstein said in a statement following the judge’s September 29 ruling.

“This decision is a clear and unambiguous warning to broker-dealers that unless they fulfill their gate-keeper responsibilities of monitoring their customers’ trading they can be held primarily liable for their client’s manipulative conduct,” the law firm added
..."

I just imagine that UBS recommends Talga first and on the other hand is involved in such illegal business.
At least something is moving a little bit.
However, I find the sums from the judgments very small. If it is worth the penalties could simply be seen as a fee that is charged. But I don't know anything about that.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

JoMo68

Regular
I'm a very patient person. That helps me on days like this. It's just a shame how both companies are torpedoed. But in the end I believe that both will prevail and both will take a relevant part in their sectors. There is a huge need for both.

But of course there are also opponents as with any change. In the past there were opponents because there was said that steam locomotives were harmful because they were too fast.
We here can see the future that is still being fought against. So more patience.

I think about that China is dumping prices and that could affect the negotiations now. Doesn't that contradict the flexible pricing that is the basis for the contracts? So now the price would be much lower and in two years when in full production the price is back to normal since price manipulation by means of subsidies cannot be maintained forever?
I mean if this basis of argument is even relevant? I think that's what this mechanism is for. MT certainly had the price drop in mind for this, because of Syrah at the time.
And besides, it is almost irrelevant whether the Green Transition is going the way we want it to. MT never tired of explaining that the demand is ten times oversubscribed.
China has declared war on the old OEMs (BYD called for this), whether for the reason that the window will soon close due to the EU requirements against China or to retain dominance in the EV sector. Even in the worst case scenario I find it hard to believe that in two to three years the global battery sector will still be totally dependent on China and all OEMs will only buy from China.
So I think today's action is less based on a fundamental doubt. So I stay patient and don't be distracted by this turbulence. I have no other choice anyway since I don't believe that this European showcase project will be dropped.
And the new French geologist is only doing her job.
Enough words.

Thanks @JNRB for yours!
Hi Cosors, I’m also a very patient person - I think we first bought TLG in 2019 ( which isn’t that long ago in the grand scheme of things, and probably not as long as many here). I think you’re correct - things will sort themselves out in the longer term, but short to medium term we’re in for a bit of a bumpy ride with both of our favourite companies.

Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
:)
MT and his dad. Didn't recognized that.
Screenshot_2023-11-01-21-38-14-06_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20

with any luck you've crossed paths with M. Hulot:

1698904158752.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Semmel

Regular
Just lift yourself up by your bootstraps.
I hope that we are more master of our own destiny with Talnode-Si.. sure we also need a factory but at least we don't need a mine..

Semmel

Regular
Hearing from a number of directions that the bottom might be in. Posting this in the bar because its worth not more than a bit of spit over a glass of your prefered baverage.. but here it goes..

* inflation is mostly done in the US and Europe, its mostly held up by housing, which is in it self very slow reacting to interest rates. Other parts of the indices seem fine by now. Only UK seems fucked, they appear to be in a wage/inflation spiral on top of a real estate crisis. But it seems we have mostly positive outlook for the rest of the world.
* Not sure where I saw that (should have payed more attention), but advertisement spending seems to be trending up. A leading indicator for the market. Its a leading indicator because advertisement is the easiest to cut quickly by companies. So if they struggle, its the first to go away.. and the first to come back in order to support more revenue.
* There seem to be quite a bit of generally positive wibes from twitter and reddit retail investors. Mind you, would not be the first time retail gets fleaced but it seems to me that we are scraping at the bottom of the barrel now and the short term future looks more up than down.
* Specifically for Talga, we are at the end of graphite price drop. Meaning, graphite prices are bound to rise from here, and relevant for talga or not, the market thinks that graphite prices are indicators for talgas business, hence the price of talga will likely also react postively with graphite price increases which are likely coming.

Reason all this is relevant is, it appears that bots and shorts on the ASX trade completely oblivious to company performance and/or events of and around a company. This is not restricted to Talga, its my general, subjective observation. I assume this to be true.

So if we are in a down trend market like we are now, any company get shorted, no matter what. More so companies that do not have a stable revenue stream and positive cash flow. When on top the stock of such a company rises, such as SYR lately, shorts go through the roof. Simply because of the blind betting that any upwards trend in a bear market will eventually reverse, so it gets shorted. SYR is now at 15% short, which is ridiculous. Luckily, its not that bad for TLG. But according to my over-the-glass-of-rum theory, when the bear market ends, shorts will begin to cover, again disregarding company performance. Lifting the entire market, including TLG.

It appears to me, that the stock market crash has happened and is now over. Lots of stocks are lower than they should be (except for NVIDIA et. al).

• Love

cosors

👀
about the ASX

Top Bottom