The Talga Bar

cosors

👀
I think Semmel's idea of the bar over there was genius.
It's a place for free expression, ideas, off topics or a good conversation. That's why I rented these rooms for him or us here:

1704801398054.jpeg

It is open around the clock, as work is done 24/7 on the premises. So it's a place for a break or after work. Don't be surprised if the workers look in with a rough tone or with a weird dialect. My suggestion to Semmel, the programme remains the same. There are lots of eggs and spam and all kinds of drinks. We probably don't need the mud pit here for now, it's dried up over there anyway.

Since the room is still empty and this is just my suggestion and I'm alone here anyway, I repeat my monologue from the other bar.
Wait! ... first a good sip of Shiraz, I brought the bottle for the opening.
So I begin with the repetition of my thoughts as a kind of trial run. Maybe they interest someone:

"I think this is a topic that fits better at the bar.
There is some interpretation in it and it is emotionally charged. It's about our dear neighbours the Sami. I wanted to know more and took a closer look at their maps of the area. Here it was misleadingly and incorrectly written about two villages, about a downramper. These are territories. One contains the mine and the southern one is only touched or crossed via the road that already exists. So when it comes to legitimate interests, it's about the northern one. I have looked at all maps.

The most important thing is that we cross their area of national interest only to the south on the road that is already open to traffic. We do not reach the transit area itself with the southern part of the mine. Their national interest cannot conflict with ours because we only cross it on the road itself. And these areas often cross the much larger main road. I suppose it's because they have the right to drive(?) their animals there and that it has to be protected, as is our right, we are also classified that way. So I don't see any conflict here because of a 5m wide road that we can both pass. Then animals have the right of way. There is no fence in the way to block the passage as they fear in Kallok.

But also interesting is the fact that we are so far east in their territory that we are beyond a border called "Odlingsgränsen". This is not easy to understand. To avoid conflicts between the state and the Sami, this border was introduced around 1900. The Sami do not own the land, they are users ~in front of the Crown. This border runs through all the Sami areas and is important for the rules of reindeer conservation. The rules are different above and below or west and east or Mountain area and Lappland. At the mine, i.e. below the border, they are only allowed to graze seasonally in defined areas. If I understand it correctly, they have a legitimate interest, but it's mitigated because we're not north of the border where the rules differs and the other mines of, for example, LKAB are located. If you look closely, you can see how far east we are and already beyond the border. Below the rules are not so strict, for example with regard to fishing or leasing. Here, reindeer conservation does not need to be taken into account in some cases. Apparently, an adjustment has not yet taken place. Anyway, I feel we are on the right side of the border. And I am not a lawyer.

There is a reindeer hut to the north, but we don't touch it either. There is a kind of wellbeing area (?) on which the mine is located. But I can imagine that you can also feel comfortable a few hundred metres further on. These areas cut quite roughly across roads as well. And the area that concerns us is a very small one and second last at the tapered end of the territory. The mine is designed to be small and compact, because it's the world's best resource.) So we don't miss a passage and we are at the very end of the area. There is not much to pass or go through, next there is only Vittangi. I think we will agree on where the fence is.

As Talga himself notes, they will mine as much in a year as Aitik does in a single day. Take a look at the size comparisons. And all against the background that this land outside the border is only used seasonally. We have already agreed to rest in winter. So I don't think it's that dramatic and I'm sure we'll come to an agreement.
One of our downrampers once tried an ancient law from 1965 which has not been ratified between the Crown and the Sami. But that is not my point. A very important argument of the Sami is that they want to be financially involved in the use of the land and that the fees are virtually non-existent. So we would have to pay almost nothing, but we do it on a proactive basis. That is a very clear show of hands. By the way, I have checked everything with the DFS and the Golder Report. I don't want to say that this conflict of interest doesn't exist, but I now have an explanation why you read so little about us.
We just have to see our neighbours as friends and partners and not as opponents. But I guess the Swedish team is already doing it that way and our consultant has very long experience. I think with understanding, compensation and respect, the BBQ can definitely happen. I wonder how reindeer tastes?

So, now I have to catch my breath - Prost!
If you would like to have a look at it, start here https://www.sametinget.se/underlag then look for the appropriate area (for the Talma here:
https://www.sametinget.se/8560), go to the sub-maps on the next page and look for our site. But I warn you, if you're not a bit practised, you'll search in vain. So this is all just my view and interpretation.
My focus remains on groundwater and this is confirmed by our environmental engineer, will not be affected!"

Attachments

• webp.jpg
    webp.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 1,026
  • 1675670219324.png
    1675670219324.png
    434.8 KB · Views: 4,591
Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
This is my first thread. I hadn't thought about that my name would be there forever. Just open your own bar and I'll delete this thread again.
Sorry I'm not a good bartender ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Semmel

Regular
Cosors, I am actually fine with you being the manager of the bar. I will gladly take over the shaker business but if you could take care that the cellar is always well stocked with your favorite beers and wines, I would be honored to share the responsibility for this bar.

On a different note.. Benchmark Minerals is happening in a few weeks. Will be interesting to see what Talga has in store for us. :)

https://www.benchmarkminerals.com/events/battery-megafactories-europe-2022/

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I think we need a comedy night in this bar so here we go

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Thank you! That lifts the spirit :)
But I think we need much more time until something is going on here. I even got moderated over at HC Bar for mentioning directions here on Reddit. I think this platform is awesome and offers a lot of advantages, like the direct chat. But a lot more need to find their way here before it becomes a conversation or party.

Reactions: 4 users

Semmel

Regular
I think we need a comedy night in this bar so here we go

That was really funny, I didnt know that one! :) Live Monthy Python though, what a great mix of silliness and intelligence!

cosors

👀
This forum is brilliant! I wrote off zeeb0t for the wrong info of ASX and it's done. I think I will continue to move my posts here. HC is not much fun.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

cosors

👀
This does not affect us directly, but it cannot harm us. The old theme of dependence, here they talk about a stranglehold. It's interesting what goes on behind the scenes.

cosors

👀
I gave my opinion about HC over at the other bar. I will spend more time here even if we are few. Let's see when my opinion will be moderated. It doesn't matter...
And believe me, I think I'm very close to where the decision will be made about us. So you are also close. But patience.
It's a pity that HC has to overdo it so much. But this forum is better in all things. I have also donated and will continue to do so. Better than watching ads and being subjected to their system. So, enough of the grim mood and my thanks to zeeb0t!

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

kram

This forum is brilliant! I wrote off zeeb0t for the wrong info of ASX and it's done. I think I will continue to move my posts here. HC is not much fun.
Wouldn't surprise me if HC are taking a position & either employed a capper or have the account to do it themselves , as you can see a direct correlation between the SP rising / falling & the intensity / desperation level of Beachs' post's .
Has now gone way past being ridiculous , to the point whereby none of the LT posters hardly bother anymore . It continues to happen because it's allowed to happen .
TSE .... less advertising & prompt moderation , I'm surprised more people haven't made the change .

Last edited:

cosors

👀
Wouldn't surprise me if HC are taking a position & either employed a capper or have the account to do it themselves , as you can see a direct correlation between the SP rising / falling & the frequency / desperation level of Beachs' post's .
Has now gone way past being ridiculous , to the point whereby none of the LT posters hardly bother anymore . It continues to happen because it's allowed to happen .
TSE .... less advertising & prompt moderation , I'm surprised more people haven't made the change .
On the one hand they write articles and analyses about companies and on the other hand they run forums like HC to make what they read become reality. I think they would be stupid if they didn't have their own trolls or offer it as a service.
The discrepancy in moderating shows positioning for me. But I can't complain. It's free and was a good time. Now I donate and pay some money.

I'm also surprised that here are so few of us, but I see from the reactions that we are getting more. Unfortunately, it hasn't ignited yet. But that is not a problem. The BRN threads are still well visited on HC and many are not willing to move. To put it politely, many only eat what they know and follow in the herd. That's how others earn their money.
I give this platform a big chance and much time to develop. Maybe at some point it won't be almost exclusively about BRN. And we are among the most popular stocks at tse. That's something! ;) Everything starts small and if the pace is slower but the flow of information is faster, everything is fine for me.

kram

On the one hand they write articles and analyses about companies and on the other hand they run forums like HC to make what they read become reality. I think they would be stupid if they didn't have their own trolls or offer it as a service.
The discrepancy in moderating shows positioning for me. But I can't complain. It's free and was a good time. Now I donate and pay some money.

I'm also surprised that here are so few of us, but I see from the reactions that we are getting more. Unfortunately, it hasn't ignited yet. But that is not a problem. The BRN threads are still well visited on HC and many are not willing to move. To put it politely, many only eat what they know and follow in the herd. That's how others earn their money.
I give this platform a big chance and much time to develop. Maybe at some point it won't be almost exclusively about BRN. And we are among the most popular stocks at tse. That's something! ;) Everything starts small and if the pace is slower but the flow of information is faster, everything is fine for me.
Agree the (lack of) moderation indicates positioning , either from ....

One (or more) of the mods
Someone at HC or HC themselves
Someone at TMH or TMH themselves

Trolls on the payroll .... definitely not a random downramper & definitely someone (or covered by someone) in a position of power to let it continue unabated . All of which indicates to me that its coming from within . Anyway , if they're trying to keep it under 1.40 then I rate that as a screaming buy .... lol .

Hopefully once the others get sick of the drama or are willing to step outside their comfort zone this place should progress quite well .

Wouldn't surprise me if HC are taking a position & either employed a capper or have the account to do it themselves , as you can see a direct correlation between the SP rising / falling & the intensity / desperation level of Beachs' post's .
I'm not bothering to post over there now either. The forum has been destroyed by Beach. People will given time mover over to here.

Reactions: 5 users
TSE really needs an App to really get it going

Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
I'm not bothering to post over there now either. The forum has been destroyed by Beach. People will given time mover over to here.
I see it the same way since the weekend. The niveau has broken through the bottom.
A bit older but I don't know if anything has changed:
McCrae scoffs when asked about the site's moderation process: "The moderators are the same people who are posting on there, it is a f***king joke."
I recommend reading this to all those who wonder how this could have happened.
delicious => "It is like hotcrapper is a drug dealer, but instead of arresting them, they are buying drugs," he says.

There is even a separate thread over at the tse lounge just on the subject. There I found the article:
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/hot-crapper-having-a-meltdown.16/
The guys are great! Need more time to read...

TSE really needs an App to really get it going
I don't care that much, but you could write to zeeb0t directly, above the letter icon (conversation). A really good feature of tse! When I asked him something, he reacted quickly. He's the king.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

catdog

Hi all,

I managed to follow the trail here after getting completely sick of hotcrapper over the last few months and the constant spamming by those who shall not be named here. It's very dissapointing to see what it has become as I've used the platform for years and learnt a lot from many great posters, especially on the Talga forum. In fact, I found out about Talga through hotcrapper and the posts of some people caused me to research more and build a reasonable position.

It's also very interesting to read some of the posts on here about hotcrapper and potential connections behind the platform. This may explain why some of the behaviour has been allowed across many forums, not just Talga. I'm sure there are many others like me who used hotcrapper to find out about new stocks, and while I've always questioned whether hotcrapper could be used to seriously influence the market, the constant downraming is now on a level I've never seen and could definitely deter new investors and spread FUD to weaker hands while the stock is being shorted. Don't get me wrong, there have always been downrampers but for someone to post all day, every day and with changing grammar suggests it's a paid service with multiple posters from a single account. If so, who is paying for the service, who is providing the service, and why is it allowed to continue?

In the long run they're only going to damage their own business as people are left with no choice but to look for alternatives.

Anyway, thanks for getting this setup and I look forward to contributing to the research and discussion on Talga again. I have a feeling the next 6 - 12 months are going to be very interesting and there will be plenty for us to discuss too.

Cheers,
Catdog

Reactions: 9 users

catdog

Hahaha I just noticed the forum automatically changes hot crapper to hotcrapper. Nice touch!

cosors

👀
Haha! And I forgot to push the button for that: "Do any of you have contact to others from the old HC guard? Would be nice to have some more insights. Maybe we need to drum a little to get more on board. Any ideas?"

Hi catdog, nice to see you here!

JoMo68

Regular
It’s tricky to put anything too obvious on HC that guides people to this site - the mods are on to it quick smart!

Just a little info on how Hotcrapper works apparently

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220225_164709_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220225_164709_com.android.chrome.jpg
    701.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20220225_164725_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220225_164725_com.android.chrome.jpg
    577.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_20220225_164824_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220225_164824_com.android.chrome.jpg
    680.3 KB · Views: 88