The Talga Bar

cosors

👀
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
My Australian shop owner has just recognised me on the street. He wondered if I already knew his pies, best recommendation. Baked originally Australian, by two pretty Swedish ladies.
Me to him - I'll storm your shop at the weekend!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Good morning for you and a good day, what's for us a good afternoon.)

Last edited:
My Australian shop owner has just recognised me on the street. He wondered if I already knew his pies, best recommendation. Baked originally Australian, by two pretty Swedish ladies.
Me to him - I'll storm your shop at the weekend!
I will be interested to see what types he stocks............The first one in the picture looks like an awful vegetarian mess.......Yuk

TOP 10 MOST POPULAR AUSTRALIAN MEAT PIES​

Australian meat pies

Australian meat pies are, without a doubt, one of the most delicious and popular Australian snacks around. Any Australian will tell you that the combination of pastry, meat, gravy, and veggies is simply mouth-watering.
Even if you don’t live in Australia you can still get your hands on these delicious snacks. Buying Australian food online is a great way to try a wide variety of Australian snacks without ever purchasing a plane ticket. Another good way to grab an Aussie hand pie is to find a local Australian food truck. Hand pies are such a staple that any truck you find is bound to have them!
One of the best things about Australian meat pies is the variety of flavors available! There are so many to choose from that you could have a different one every day for a month without having to repeat one. That being said, Australians will agree that some flavors are far superior to others. This list sums up the 10 most popular Australian meat pie flavors.

1. Steak and Stout Pie​

One of the most delicious pies around is undoubtedly the Steak and Stout hand pie. This savory and tasty Aussie hand pie is bursting with chunks of steak, Guinness stout gravy, and chopped vegetables like celery, carrots, potatoes, and more. The combination is so mouth-watering that you should probably buy two— one simply isn’t enough!
Steak and Stout pie is an Australian variation on an Irish classic, but we definitely put our own delicious twist on it.

2. Lamb and Rosemary Pie​

There are few combos out there that can beat tender lamb meat and rosemary, and this Aussie hand pie flavor beautifully showcases the delectable flavor combination. Classically this pie is made with slow-cooked lamb in a red wine gravy with herbs and veggies galore. When it’s done right, the lamb practically melts in your mouth. The whole flavor pairs perfectly with the buttery goodness of the pie crust. It feels like a four-course meal rather than a hand-held snack!

3. Chicken and Leek Pie​

If you’re in the mood for something on the lighter side, try a moist and tender chicken and leek hand pie. This filling is made with roasted chicken breast and is usually paired with tender vegetables like squash and greens. The mixture is complimented by the buttery and delicious leek cream-based sauce. This is the perfect pie for anyone with a refined palette who also loves the classics!

4. Beef, Bacon, and Cheddar Pie​

If you’re craving a decadent, hearty, and cheesy hand pie, the beef, bacon, and cheddar pie is the one for you! This showstopper is made with ground beef, smoked bacon, savory gravy, and gooey cheddar cheese— all baked in a flaky pie crust. It’s pretty hard to beat this classic flavor combo. Topped with a bit of ketchup these really hit the spot!

5. Spinach and Feta Pie​

This vegetarian classic will blow you away. Even if you’re a meat lover, this pie is worth getting your hands on ASAP. The filling is perfectly blended with spinach and garlic, mixed with a three cheese blend of feta, ricotta, and Parmesan. This pie is a great combination of healthy and cheesy, and you definitely don’t feel guilty about getting your daily serving of veg in such a tasty way! Spinach and feta pies are simply delicious!

6. Curry Steak Pie​

If you’re in the mood for something a bit more exotic, the curry and steak pie is where it’s at! These pies bake the perfect blend of beef and spices into a buttery pie crust. If you’re not a fan of spicy food, check with whoever is selling this pie to see if the curry blend is on the mild or the spicy side. The spiciness of curry steak pies can vary greatly, and is really up to the taste preferences of whoever makes them! We happen to think that life is better with a bit of spice, so for us, it’s hard to stop after eating just one!

7. Pork and Pepper Pie​

Pork and Pepper pie is a delicious combination of caramelized pork and peppers in a perfectly baked pie crust. The contrast between the peppers and the pork will leave your mouth watering!

8. Traditional Aussie Beef Pie​

We couldn’t leave out the traditional beef pie from this list! This pie is a total classic, and a great choice if you’re craving something simple and delicious. The traditional Aussie beef pie is filled with a mixture of ground beef, onions, gravy, and a load of secret spices. All baked perfectly together in the flaky pie crust you know and love.

9. Steak and Mushroom​

Another great steak pie is the steak and mushroom pie. This one comes with chunks of tender steak mixed together with perfectly roasted mushrooms and other veggies, all coated with the perfect amount of salty, savory gravy. This is another classic hand pie that shouldn’t be overlooked!

10. Breakfast Pie​

This Aussie hand pie is perfect for a quick and easy breakfast on the go (or for any other time, too!). This pie is made by taking your classic mince pie and adding a hearty serving of cheese and bacon to the mix. Lastly, a whole egg is cracked on top and the pie is ready to be eaten! This pie is a favorite choice for many locals and comes highly recommended.

In Summary​

And there you have it! The ultimate list of the best Aussie meat pie flavors. We have to admit it was hard to cap the list off here, but just remember that there are plenty more pie flavor varieties waiting for you once you make your way through this list! One thing’s for sure, though: Aussie hand pies are one of the best snacks on the planet!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
I will be interested to see what types he stocks............The first one in the picture looks like an awful vegetarian mess.......Yuk

TOP 10 MOST POPULAR AUSTRALIAN MEAT PIES​

Australian meat pies

Australian meat pies are, without a doubt, one of the most delicious and popular Australian snacks around. Any Australian will tell you that the combination of pastry, meat, gravy, and veggies is simply mouth-watering.
Even if you don’t live in Australia you can still get your hands on these delicious snacks. Buying Australian food online is a great way to try a wide variety of Australian snacks without ever purchasing a plane ticket. Another good way to grab an Aussie hand pie is to find a local Australian food truck. Hand pies are such a staple that any truck you find is bound to have them!
One of the best things about Australian meat pies is the variety of flavors available! There are so many to choose from that you could have a different one every day for a month without having to repeat one. That being said, Australians will agree that some flavors are far superior to others. This list sums up the 10 most popular Australian meat pie flavors.

1. Steak and Stout Pie​

One of the most delicious pies around is undoubtedly the Steak and Stout hand pie. This savory and tasty Aussie hand pie is bursting with chunks of steak, Guinness stout gravy, and chopped vegetables like celery, carrots, potatoes, and more. The combination is so mouth-watering that you should probably buy two— one simply isn’t enough!
Steak and Stout pie is an Australian variation on an Irish classic, but we definitely put our own delicious twist on it.

2. Lamb and Rosemary Pie​

There are few combos out there that can beat tender lamb meat and rosemary, and this Aussie hand pie flavor beautifully showcases the delectable flavor combination. Classically this pie is made with slow-cooked lamb in a red wine gravy with herbs and veggies galore. When it’s done right, the lamb practically melts in your mouth. The whole flavor pairs perfectly with the buttery goodness of the pie crust. It feels like a four-course meal rather than a hand-held snack!

3. Chicken and Leek Pie​

If you’re in the mood for something on the lighter side, try a moist and tender chicken and leek hand pie. This filling is made with roasted chicken breast and is usually paired with tender vegetables like squash and greens. The mixture is complimented by the buttery and delicious leek cream-based sauce. This is the perfect pie for anyone with a refined palette who also loves the classics!

4. Beef, Bacon, and Cheddar Pie​

If you’re craving a decadent, hearty, and cheesy hand pie, the beef, bacon, and cheddar pie is the one for you! This showstopper is made with ground beef, smoked bacon, savory gravy, and gooey cheddar cheese— all baked in a flaky pie crust. It’s pretty hard to beat this classic flavor combo. Topped with a bit of ketchup these really hit the spot!

5. Spinach and Feta Pie​

This vegetarian classic will blow you away. Even if you’re a meat lover, this pie is worth getting your hands on ASAP. The filling is perfectly blended with spinach and garlic, mixed with a three cheese blend of feta, ricotta, and Parmesan. This pie is a great combination of healthy and cheesy, and you definitely don’t feel guilty about getting your daily serving of veg in such a tasty way! Spinach and feta pies are simply delicious!

6. Curry Steak Pie​

If you’re in the mood for something a bit more exotic, the curry and steak pie is where it’s at! These pies bake the perfect blend of beef and spices into a buttery pie crust. If you’re not a fan of spicy food, check with whoever is selling this pie to see if the curry blend is on the mild or the spicy side. The spiciness of curry steak pies can vary greatly, and is really up to the taste preferences of whoever makes them! We happen to think that life is better with a bit of spice, so for us, it’s hard to stop after eating just one!

7. Pork and Pepper Pie​

Pork and Pepper pie is a delicious combination of caramelized pork and peppers in a perfectly baked pie crust. The contrast between the peppers and the pork will leave your mouth watering!

8. Traditional Aussie Beef Pie​

We couldn’t leave out the traditional beef pie from this list! This pie is a total classic, and a great choice if you’re craving something simple and delicious. The traditional Aussie beef pie is filled with a mixture of ground beef, onions, gravy, and a load of secret spices. All baked perfectly together in the flaky pie crust you know and love.

9. Steak and Mushroom​

Another great steak pie is the steak and mushroom pie. This one comes with chunks of tender steak mixed together with perfectly roasted mushrooms and other veggies, all coated with the perfect amount of salty, savory gravy. This is another classic hand pie that shouldn’t be overlooked!

10. Breakfast Pie​

This Aussie hand pie is perfect for a quick and easy breakfast on the go (or for any other time, too!). This pie is made by taking your classic mince pie and adding a hearty serving of cheese and bacon to the mix. Lastly, a whole egg is cracked on top and the pie is ready to be eaten! This pie is a favorite choice for many locals and comes highly recommended.

In Summary​

And there you have it! The ultimate list of the best Aussie meat pie flavors. We have to admit it was hard to cap the list off here, but just remember that there are plenty more pie flavor varieties waiting for you once you make your way through this list! One thing’s for sure, though: Aussie hand pies are one of the best snacks on the planet!
Wonderful thank you!

The half would be here vegetarian if not more and a part vegan and then maybe gluten free.
But he is an old Australian and stranded here. He is not so hip and moral.
It's a small store and somehow they have to be fresh. If I understood him correctly they are made here somewhere by two Swedish women after an Australian recipe. I think the selection will not be as large as in the article. And if so then I just take all sorts of the pies to try.

Last edited:
Wonderful thank you!

The half would be here vegetarian if not more and a part vegan and then maybe gluten free.
But he is an old Australian and stranded here. He is not so hip and moral.
It's a small store and somehow they have to be fresh. If I understood him correctly they are made here somewhere by two Swedish women after an Australian recipe. I think the selection will not be as large as in the article. And if so then I just take all sorts of the pies to try.
I must disclose that I have considerable expertise in eating meat pies especially at the football (as do most Australians).

The critical issue is whether you squirt or inject the tomato sauce into the top of the pie filling the meat cavity with some sauce or do you just spread the sauce over the top of the pie's pastry ?

But if it is a really good pie then you don't need sauce

• Love
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Token35

Hope the bar is staying open late tonight, need a few stiff drinks after this week's SP action! 😭
The hardest part of it all is that I don't have much spare cash to load up even more at these prices. Ah well, a small parcel here and there adds up.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Semmel

Regular
Hope the bar is staying open late tonight, need a few stiff drinks after this week's SP action! 😭
The hardest part of it all is that I don't have much spare cash to load up even more at these prices. Ah well, a small parcel here and there adds up.
You and me both.. what a shit week.

@cosors we all expect a meat pie update sometime Sunday AEST.........................................If we never hear from you again we will assume the two pretty Swedish girls were not very good cooks.

Big Brother Bb21 GIF by Big Brother After Dark

• Haha

cosors

👀
@cosors we all expect a meat pie update sometime Sunday AEST.........................................If we never hear from you again we will assume the two pretty Swedish girls were not very good cooks.

Big Brother Bb21 GIF by Big Brother After Dark
I'll get back to you with more details.)
Actually, I can only imagine it frozen, but I'll see later. And everything I've bought from him has been good so far. Only the chocolate biscuits were nothing special for me, but rather normal.
The red sparkling water is brilliant. He has to order, I drank it all.

Last edited:

Token35

Attachments

• 20230922_181401.jpg
    20230922_181401.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 41

Semmel

Regular
I have a bunch of Rum bottles .. it will be medicine to numb the pain regardless ;)

Semmel

Regular
PS: just to be clear, it's all fun and games here in the bar regarding the share price. Just some banter to cross the river of boredom until something interesting happens.

I don't actually advertise to drink yourself into pain release. In the contrary, I personally rather lift the glass for positive events. I am also unconcerned with the share price. Talga has fantastic fundamentals as far as I can tell. I just want to dance on the table when my get-rich-quick plan with Talga actually succeeds, that's all ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Token35

PS: just to be clear, it's all fun and games here in the bar regarding the share price. Just some banter to cross the river of boredom until something interesting happens.

I don't actually advertise to drink yourself into pain release. In the contrary, I personally rather lift the glass for positive events. I am also unconcerned with the share price. Talga has fantastic fundamentals as far as I can tell. I just want to dance on the table when my get-rich-quick plan with Talga actually succeeds, that's all ;)

Very much agree.
I'm holding up a glass to the small top up I did today at a good price. Cheers to that.

Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
Crack a few Aussie whiskies to help with pain 🥃😆
Even if I can't judge that it looks like a great collection to me! Enjoy it!

cosors

👀

Don't be so squeamish - we don't have to sink into depression with alcohol. A sip up a sip down, always in moderation.

ACinEur

Regular
My wife said I wasn’t allowed to buy any more…so I topped up in her account 🤣

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
  • Haha

cosors

👀
Why didn’t I think of that 😆
The woman wears the trousers and is allowed to decide anyway.

Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom