The Talga Bar

cosors

👀
For the Germans among us

Deutschlandfunk DLF:
ZEIT Forum Wissenschaft - Will we soon run out of raw materials?
https://www.deutschlandfunk.de/zeit...-bald-die-rohstoffe-aus-dlf-ee7f2c56-100.html
exactly our topic
'The' mobility summit is taking place in my city right now and the DLF is here the biggest radio station in the BRD therefore this discussion

also about NIMBY or BANANA

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Semmel

Regular
About time we have an AI that auto- translates spoken language.

We have already :
Spoken word -> text
Text -> text translation
Text -> spoken word synthesizer

The last step can even be fine with the original voice as AI needs only a few seconds of voice sample to generate the voice

Reactions: 2 users
About time we develop graphene micro chips and take over Nvidia 😅

• Fire

beserk

Regular
About time we have an AI that auto- translates spoken language.

We have already :
Spoken word -> text
Text -> text translation
Text -> spoken word synthesizer

The last step can even be fine with the original voice as AI needs only a few seconds of voice sample to generate the voice
Spooky then an AI can use my sing song idiom sounding like a Northern Swede as sincere as PEL.

The only way to combat it is to use arcane words and dialects that have died out long before sampling became commonplace.

Then the AI is helpless because it can't find it in the www.

Hmmmm gives me time to do some research into liguistics. Luckily my youngest daughter married an linguist and he invents languges for a living such as Klingon in the TV show Star trek..

-beserk

Last edited:
  • Love

cosors

👀
Today, the Ford plant opened in my city for 250k EVs.

cosors

👀
Spooky then an AI can use my sing song idiom sounding like a Northern Swede as sincere as PEL.

The only way to combat it is to use arcane words and dialects that have died out long before sampling became commonplace.

Then the AI is helpless because it can't find it in the www.

Hmmmm gives me time to do some research into liguistics. Luckily my youngest daughter married an linguist and he invents languges for a living such as Klingon in the TV show Star trek..

-beserk

Maybe you rcommend her to try out the best translation tool in the world, from my hometown Cologne=> DeepL

That can also syntax

Never get tired of recommending it.

Twenty Five hours to go until 9am Wednesday Sweden time or 5pm Sydney time. Hopefully they will release the decision first thing in the morning just like they did with the original decision.

Reactions: 4 users

Pharvest

Twenty Five hours to go until 9am Wednesday Sweden time or 5pm Sydney time. Hopefully they will release the decision first thing in the morning just like they did with the original decision.
Will be checking in here every half hour now to see if you turn anything up WTM!

Do we know which website we should be looking at in one hour

or

Or neither of those ?

Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
Do we know which website we should be looking at in one hour

or

Or neither of those ?
Maybe supplement the official pages with SVT's and the anti Facebook group. We will see.

https://www.domstol.se/umea-tingsratt/om-tingsratten/aktuellt/kungorelse/

https://www.lansstyrelsen.se/norrbotten/om-oss/nyheter-och-press.html

https://www.sgu.se/bergsstaten/om-bergsstaten/kungorelser/2023/

Last edited:

Monkeymandan

Regular
Last time around Sverges Radio seemed to announce the permit ahead of anyone else, so I’ll be checking in here…

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
Last time around Sverges Radio seemed to announce the permit ahead of anyone else, so I’ll be checking in here…

That's a good idea! Maybe I made a mistake and meant Sverigesradio instead of SVT 🤔
Anyway, we scan together all the pages today 🤗

That's a good idea! Maybe I made a mistake and meant Sverigesradio instead of SVT 🤔
There is also the possibility that it is just communicated directly to interested parties before any later publishing

The court pronounces judgment​

Most appeals are decided by judgment. It is sent to the person who has appealed and to the affected counterparties.
If the court follows the appellant's line, it is said that the appeal is upheld. The change it entails appears in the judgment. If the court finds that the lower court's decision is correct, the appeal is dismissed. It may also happen that the appeal is upheld to a certain extent.
In some cases, the appeal is rejected, which may be because the court has concluded that the appellant does not have the right to appeal. In that case, the case is not examined on its merits. In some cases, the case may be referred back to the sub-instance for further processing. This can happen when new circumstances have emerged during the examination in court, if the sub-instance's proceedings have formal deficiencies or if there are deficiencies in the decision basis.

Reactions: 5 users

Monkeymandan

Regular

Just found a link to the decisions page for the Env Court of Appeal…

Nothing yet. Refresh button is going to be busy tonight!

Reactions: 7 users

Affenhorst

Regular

They better hurry up with that shit, I can't spend my whole day refreshing my browser, there is work to be done.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Monkeymandan

Regular

Although perhaps it won’t be published here, as I don’t think this is technically a ruling by the Court?

#confused.

cosors

👀
There is also the possibility that it is just communicated directly to interested parties before any later publishing

Most appeals are decided by judgment. It is sent to the person who has appealed and to the affected counterparties.
If the court follows the appellant's line, it is said that the appeal is upheld. The change it entails appears in the judgment. If the court finds that the lower court's decision is correct, the appeal is dismissed. It may also happen that the appeal is upheld to a certain extent.
In some cases, the appeal is rejected, which may be because the court has concluded that the appellant does not have the right to appeal. In that case, the case is not examined on its merits. In some cases, the case may be referred back to the sub-instance for further processing. This can happen when new circumstances have emerged during the examination in court, if the sub-instance's proceedings have formal deficiencies or if there are deficiencies in the decision basis.

In that case we will surely hear howling or cheering there very quickly :mad:😭 or 😆🥳

cosors

👀
giphy (3).gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Semmel

Regular
Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Monkeymandan

Regular

Starting to think you might be right WTM. Might have to wait for a ANN from Talga on this one.

Just a decision on a garden pond published on the Court of Appeal page so far today. Must be some high profile tadpoles lobbying on that one.

• Haha
Top Bottom