The Talga Bar

cosors

👀
I tend to go towards McLaren Vale shiraz. I find the quality is fairly consistent. I go for $AUD30 then special occasions ( like Friday to Sunday 😀😂🍷) it’s AUD$35

Our wines are consistently very heavy here, I am buying more French these days . Trying to get used to it. Mrs Monkey and I are in Paris and Milan in October.

2025 is Berlin 😀😂🍷🥃🍺🍺🍺🍺
This is here approximately the price in €, import costs.

I used to drink a lot of France and am now actually a bit away from it.

My favorite country for red wine at the moment is Italy, followed by Portugal and Spain. I didn't know Australia for red before TSE and I am thrilled. But wine once around the world, I rarely do.

France has rested on their old reputation for far too long in my view. I'm into the young wilds or children of estate owners who go their own way. I don't mean to say that France is bad. It's just a bit boring and expensive for me in comparison.

I have been to France a lot. A tip: do not shy away from wine from the 3 or 5 liter canister at street shops of e.g. cooperatives. They have locally usually a better quality for the money than imported in the bottle. Applies only to France according to my perception.

If you mean Milan in Provence then make a trip to Saint Remy around the corner at the small/petit Alpilles (name comes from the Alps because the smallest and youngest mountain range in Europe has the same vegetation zones as the big Alps but is only 400m high, so petit). The city is gorgeous (Van Gogh Museum, lived there and Nostradamus) and the area is one of the most beautiful I know, around the corner Orange or the Bambouseraie Garden in the west. Saint Remy has an absolute top wine store and the small appellation of the Alpilles is terrific, only 12 winemakers and no export you only get it there. Vaucluse in the north is very nice and has a top price-performance ratio and Bandol south is the best I know from France, Aix is also great, Tavel Rose is the best in the world I think.

So there are good wines from France and if you go there and I'm not wrong I wish you both a lot of fun. A dream place in the world.

If it should be the place then I'm happy to give tips via chat if you want so! I know the area quite well and know the most beautiful places.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
That brings back old memories for me. When I was in Australia for the first and only time over 10 years ago, I thought of watching a cricket match in the huge arena in Melbourne. It must have been an extraordinarily unimportant match, because of the 100,024 seats at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, an estimated 100,000 were unoccupied. Much to my displeasure, the match was interrupted at some point and it was announced that it would continue the next day. I no longer understood not only the game but also the world, and came to the conclusion that cricket is not my sport. I'd rather watch football, basketball, tennis, handball, curling or for my sake indoor hammam.

Happy weekend everyone and fingers crossed for positive news next week!

View attachment 38478
CRICKET

In cricket there are two teams.

The game starts with a coin toss. The winner of the toss can choose to go in and bat or send the other team in to bat.

The team that isn’t in goes out and fields.

The team that’s in stays in the pavilion except for two who go out to bat.

The players who are in protect the wicket, and the players who are out try to break the wicket to get the player who is in out.

When the wicket is broken the player who is in goes out and a new player comes in.

This goes on until only the last man standing is still in and carries the bat back in to the pavilion.

Then the side that was in and got out goes out and the side that was out goes in.

• Haha
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
CRICKET

In cricket there are two teams.

The game starts with a coin toss. The winner of the toss can choose to go in and bat or send the other team in to bat.

The team that isn’t in goes out and fields.

The team that’s in stays in the pavilion except for two who go out to bat.

The players who are in protect the wicket, and the players who are out try to break the wicket to get the player who is in out.

When the wicket is broken the player who is in goes out and a new player comes in.

This goes on until only the last man standing is still in and carries the bat back in to the pavilion.

Then the side that was in and got out goes out and the side that was out goes in.
Yep it’s so simple 😀😂🍷

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Semmel

Regular
I need a glass too, tonight.. but first finish work and cook dinner for family and take kid to bed and.. then it's me-time :)

• Love

Semmel

Regular
And now its time, cheers! :) Just realized.. I will need new stuff soon..

• Fire

cosors

👀
"Petra Capital Sticks to Its Buy Rating for Talga Group Ltd. (TLGRF)

Petra Capital analyst Andrew Harrington maintained a Buy rating on Talga Group Ltd. (TLGRFResearch Report) on June 16 and set a price target of A$2.70. The company’s shares closed last Friday at $0.91.

According to TipRanks, Harrington is an analyst with an average return of -57.5% and a 0.00% success rate."
https://markets.businessinsider.com...y-rating-for-talga-group-ltd-tlgrf-1032395881

so, better in the Bar 🤣
but 😅
I don't know him and them. But buy reads well here at the counter.
And it is also bit strange because no one has 0 success. Maybe it is just an algo generation.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
That is the right attitude!

Talga Sverige

1687158650184.png

"We're probably not the only ones who dream of driving around in an electric Volvo XC90 (?)⚡️Now a unit has just been packed up for delivery to us and if you enter our competition at the Kiruna Festival you could actually win it!
Well, the car is intended for our younger drivers and with a fairly limited range. But despite that, we believe that we have the most competitive price among the companies at expot😁 "
https://www.facebook.com/talgasverige/

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Semmel

Regular
"Petra Capital Sticks to Its Buy Rating for Talga Group Ltd. (TLGRF)

Petra Capital analyst Andrew Harrington maintained a Buy rating on Talga Group Ltd. (TLGRFResearch Report) on June 16 and set a price target of A$2.70. The company’s shares closed last Friday at $0.91.

According to TipRanks, Harrington is an analyst with an average return of -57.5% and a 0.00% success rate."
https://markets.businessinsider.com...y-rating-for-talga-group-ltd-tlgrf-1032395881

so, better in the Bar 🤣
but 😅
I don't know him and them. But buy reads well here at the counter.
And it is also bit strange because no one has 0 success. Probably it is just an alogo generation.

LOL a 0% success rate would actually be pretty funny as it gives his reverse a 100% success rate. Ok, I clicked the link. He started april 2022 with covering stocks. Right where the market was on a general down trend. and he covers only australian stocks which didnt do so hot either.. Its funny at best. If you take him seriously though, you should run away from talga s fast as you can sell everything you have ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Semmel

Regular
That is the right attitude!

Talga Sverige

View attachment 38571

"We're probably not the only ones who dream of driving around in an electric Volvo XC90 (?)⚡️Now a unit has just been packed up for delivery to us and if you enter our competition at the Kiruna Festival you could actually win it!
Well, the car is intended for our younger drivers and with a fairly limited range. But despite that, we believe that we have the most competitive price among the companies at expot😁 "
https://www.facebook.com/talgasverige/

😂🤣 Where did you find THAT thing! Judging by the steering wheel, it looks like a shoe box on wheels 😆

• Haha

cosors

👀
😂🤣 Where did you find THAT thing! Judging by the steering wheel, it looks like a shoe box on wheels 😆
follow the link

For me it doesn't matter what it looks like when the proudest kid in Kiruna is doing his tours with it and telling his friends - I won this from Talga.
I also think it's nice because it complements our image here, real life and jobs and families.

Talga is gradually arriving in the municipality. They're sponsoring a ju-jutsu club now, then the marathon, the ice sleds, and the sports club Vittangi. Nothing comes from nothing. I think Talga AB is doing exactly the right thing.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
‼️
for the next projects?

Freely translated from the anti group, not validated or further traced to source therefore only in our Bar:

The EU Commission has presented a new legislative proposal within the EU which, among other things, provides that companies can apply to be included in a list of so-called socially critical minerals/metals which grant companies exemptions from existing environmental regulations. If the bill, as it now stands, passes through the European Parliament and the Council, the law will enter into force immediately. This bill has been put on the fast track.....environmental organizations in Europe estimate that this is new. The law could go into effect as early as next year if it passes.
Let me know if you would like to read an assessment of the bill from the Center for Research on Multinational Enterprises

If there is a shred of truth in this then the EU is now serious and has recognized the situation. Need time to investigate this.

A ton of information also from the document in all possible directions. The way down the rabbit hole:

Special report 15/2023: The EU’s industrial policy on batteries – New strategic impetus needed​

https://www.eca.europa.eu/en/publications/SR-2023-15

This is interesting on many levels! We wondered about the outdated data a few years ago. Attention is drawn to this and it is addressed precisely. Or dependence on NG of 99%. ... ... ...
I think there I need more eyes than just my two and your help.

And here are the Commission's answers specifically on each point:
Replies: European Commission
https://www.eca.europa.eu/en/publications/sr-2023-15

Maybe this is where it's in?

Brussels, 16.3.2023
Proposal for a
REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
establishing a framework for ensuring a secure and sustainable supply of critical raw materials and amending Regulations (EU) 168/2013, (EU) 2018/858, 2018/1724 and (EU) 2019/1020
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=COM%3A2023%3A160%3AFIN&qid=1679058289812

bummer

Actually too heavy stuff for the bar.) Everyone who helps to sift => drinks are on me!

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
They met again today and decided some things. If the technology is now also classified as strategic Talga would not only have a critical resource that is also classified as strategic, but now also a strategic technology!?

"Press release 20 June 2023 Brussels
EU budget: Commission proposes Strategic Technologies for Europe Platform (STEP) to support European leadership on critical technologies

Altogether, the total estimated amount of new investments through STEP could reach up to €160 billion.

STEP will support the development or manufacturing in the Union of critical technologies in the following fields:
clean technologies, such as renewable energy; electricity and heat storage;
..."
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_23_3364

I'm already starting to fantasize, get greedy and imagine we get money again and not to close a gap but for the technology and the factory 🧐🤔
Dreaming is nice, another pot of money, one for the RAW material and the other for the technology. Why not, nice thought! If there should come now still more money from the new pot then I am really proud of the EU Commission. Dreaming is so beautiful.
150+xxx=XXX
How nice it would be if the EIB had only approved 150 for the time being.

LEAK: EU eyes trade defence tools to protect industrial, defence sectors from China

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
Clearly, I'm in over my head here today. I'm already drunk give me a drink all the time. Reading - pah!

160B€...
Come on, 1/1000 should be possible. Then I'm already satisfied.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Semmel

Regular
We might qualify for that money with recycling battery black mass to graphene products and also talnode-Si.. i think we will see a project on the SI business getting off the ground next year. Very timely!

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
:eek:😂

"For reasons of mental health"
Australian (Perth's northern suburb of Connolly) restaurant bans vegan diners after feud with customer

Celebrity chef bans vegans from his restaurant

Today, 06/20/2023 | 19:07

After a fight with a vegan guest, celebrity chef John Mountain takes drastic action. He refuses vegans access to his restaurant "Fyre". His supporters and opponents engage in heated arguments during the course.
British celebrity chef John Mountain has banned vegans from his restaurant Fyre. He shared this on Facebook : "Unfortunately, all vegans are now banned from the Fyre for reasons of mental health. We thank you for your understanding. xx"
The drastic decision was preceded by the visit of a vegan guest. The woman had previously asked Mountain if there were vegan options at his location. He assured her that he could offer her gnocchi and vegetables.
When the customer then visited his restaurant in Perth's northern suburb of Connolly last Saturday, she was only given a vegetable dish. As Mountain explains, according to the Daily Mail , he was busy catering at a private party that evening and had forgotten to inform his sous chef at the restaurant about the vegan customer.
On Sunday, the woman wrote the restaurant a message via Facebook and was outraged by the limited options. She also complained that the dish would not have satisfied her and that it was too expensive. Mountain's inability to offer vegan food highlights his "shortcomings as a chef," she wrote. Ms. Mountain also pointed out that it is important to keep up with the times in culinary terms. If he doesn't, she has no doubt that the Fyre will go away.

Australian restaurant bans vegan diners after feud with customer​

For the celebrity chef, the answer was downright insult to majesty. His answer followed promptly and peppered: "Thank you for your negative rating. Please let us know about your bad experiences and I look forward to not seeing you again." Then the cuisinier threw a big punch: "You and your vegan colleagues can all go and enjoy your dishes in another place. You have now house ban."

He later reiterated the ban on Google reviews and posted the relevant announcement on Fyre's Facebook account.

Celebrity chef's decision heats up tempers
Mountain's harsh decision led to a veritable spate of competing one-star and five-star reviews on Google. Both people who strongly criticized the celebrity chef and his supporters fought verbal battles there.

In the end, however, the Brit struck a softer tone and regretted not offering more vegan dishes. At the same time, he declared that he felt personally attacked and justified his reaction.

Mountain has appeared on many cooking shows
Mountain has lived in Australia for seven years, having arrived from the UK where he was a Michelin-star chef who shared an agent with kitchen superstar Jamie Oliver. He has also hosted the cooking programs Great British Menu and Chef Race UK vs. US."

https://m.focus.de/panorama/welt/di...ganer-aus-seinem-restaurant_id_196925842.html

translation of the URL:
they-can-fuck-off-celebrity-chef-bans-vegans-from-his-restaurant

Something like this interests the Germans 🤷‍♂️

I have nothing against vegans.
But, without cheese life is worthless for me. By the way, we have only one vergan beer among the thousands as far as I know. This is due to the glue on the label that comes without bone meal. As a real life is complicated but possible.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha

cosors

👀
We might qualify for that money with recycling battery black mass to graphene products and also talnode-Si.. i think we will see a project on the SI business getting off the ground next year. Very timely!

giphy (8).gif

1trillion+1billion+1zillion=shitload of money

• Haha

ACinEur

Regular

Australian (Perth's northern suburb of Connolly) restaurant bans vegan diners after feud with customer

After a fight with a vegan guest, celebrity chef John Mountain takes drastic action. He refuses vegans access to his restaurant "Fyre". His supporters and opponents engage in heated arguments during the course.
British celebrity chef John Mountain has banned vegans from his restaurant Fyre. He shared this on Facebook : "Unfortunately, all vegans are now banned from the Fyre for reasons of mental health. We thank you for your understanding. xx"
The drastic decision was preceded by the visit of a vegan guest. The woman had previously asked Mountain if there were vegan options at his location. He assured her that he could offer her gnocchi and vegetables.
When the customer then visited his restaurant in Perth's northern suburb of Connolly last Saturday, she was only given a vegetable dish. As Mountain explains, according to the Daily Mail , he was busy catering at a private party that evening and had forgotten to inform his sous chef at the restaurant about the vegan customer.
On Sunday, the woman wrote the restaurant a message via Facebook and was outraged by the limited options. She also complained that the dish would not have satisfied her and that it was too expensive. Mountain's inability to offer vegan food highlights his "shortcomings as a chef," she wrote. Ms. Mountain also pointed out that it is important to keep up with the times in culinary terms. If he doesn't, she has no doubt that the Fyre will go away.

For the celebrity chef, the answer was downright insult to majesty. His answer followed promptly and peppered: "Thank you for your negative rating. Please let us know about your bad experiences and I look forward to not seeing you again." Then the cuisinier threw a big punch: "You and your vegan colleagues can all go and enjoy your dishes in another place. You have now house ban."

He later reiterated the ban on Google reviews and posted the relevant announcement on Fyre's Facebook account.

Mountain's harsh decision led to a veritable spate of competing one-star and five-star reviews on Google. Both people who strongly criticized the celebrity chef and his supporters fought verbal battles there.

In the end, however, the Brit struck a softer tone and regretted not offering more vegan dishes. At the same time, he declared that he felt personally attacked and justified his reaction.

Mountain has lived in Australia for seven years, having arrived from the UK where he was a Michelin-star chef who shared an agent with kitchen superstar Jamie Oliver. He has also hosted the cooking programs Great British Menu and Chef Race UK vs. US."

https://m.focus.de/panorama/welt/di...ganer-aus-seinem-restaurant_id_196925842.html

translation of the URL:

But, without cheese life is worthless for me. By the way, we have only one vergan beer among the thousands as far as I know. This is due to the glue on the label that comes without bone meal. As a real life is complicated but possible.
Love it “without cheese life is worthless for me”. So very true…

• Love

TentCity

Regular

translation of the URL:

Attachments

• 44AD0F19-5BBD-4729-993D-4403B3952C6C.jpeg
    44AD0F19-5BBD-4729-993D-4403B3952C6C.jpeg
    438.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Haha

brewm0re

Regular
  • Love

Vigdorian

Regular
Anyone else ready for another day of ......

GIF by FirstAndMonday

Skeleton GIF

• Haha
Top Bottom