The Talga Bar

DAH

Regular
Glad there is a space for free, unsubstantiated, ideas. Here is one:-
Is the elephant in the room a take-over / buy-in by Volkswagen after the permits are in? Would also explain the silence by Northvolt. A strong coffee for me, please?
Of course, in the wider context a take-over has always been on the cards for an entrepreneurial company. Can imagine no-one wants to interfere or upset the permit process, but after the 5th of April.....
Yuggh, I am sobering up now.
I wish I could disagree with you here Scep. It's the one piece of the TLG puzzle that keeps me awake. One can only hope that post tackling the 3 horsemen and some scope on Si potential, any t/o attempt would now have to come with two digits after the $.

13 days till launch now... anyone want to guess when and how we expect the news to be delivered?? There's a few moving parts so unsure if it's simply a trading halt on ASX till dust settles or other. The court will have their process, we have regs to follow, and trying to ideally make it reasonable for all holders to be informed together. Selfishly hoping we get news pre Easter break where ASX is closed.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

beserk

Regular
Yes there might be some additional wrinkles in the process of Talga aquiring a final go ahead from the Swedish Land and Environmental Court. A pre Easter final go seems unlikely to me.

In the meantime we can rest assured that the Swedish military is building up its defenses of the Northern parts of the country. Including its mines and natural resources. Kiruna used to house the barracks for the Lappland Arctic Ranger regiment I22 until year 2000. The former army barracks in central Kiruna have now been converted to housing for students.

My brother did his military service at I22 together with a future Swedish Prime Minister. The focus was on preparing for winter war fare and the enemy always attacked from the east. Way past our friendly neighbours across the Torne river that now seem on track to join NATO in the near future.

om26m9D.jpg

Translation of newspaper article above..

Mines, minerals and Swedish space expertise must be defended. Sweden's military buildup in the northern parts of the country is entering a new phase.

" It is a strategically important area. It is the only area where we have a land border to the east. It is important for Sweden because we have an extensive mining industry and natural resources", says Major General Johan Pekkari, head of the strategy unit at the Swedish Defense Staff.

Swedish news media Expressen has taken a deep dive into the planning of the defense of northern Sweden and why it is so important that the area remains Swedish - regardless of the world situation.

-beserk

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

beserk

Regular
Especially this time of year I miss the white snow and ice in Luleå. And the wide blue sky with the blazing spring sun shining over it.

My adventurous brother lives close to where Talga is building its full scale EVA factory at Luleå industral park next to the shore of the Gulf of Bothnia.

Luleå Technical University, LTU, is of course the alma mater of Dr honoris causa Per-Erik Lindvall CEO of Talga AB.

LTU has produced this pedestrian film about the popular 7 km ice track that surrounds central Luleå where the good burghers can be seen enjoying a leisurely week end stroll on the sea ice. The track being recently abandoned by the Dutch skaters, that migrate here en masse end of Feb.

-beserk

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Especially this time of year I miss the white snow and ice in Luleå. And the wide blue sky with the blazing spring sun shining over it.

My adventurous brother lives close to where Talga is building its full scale EVA factory at Luleå industral park next to the shore of the Gulph of Bothnia.

Luleå Technical University, LTU, is of cours the alma mater of Dr honoris causa Per-Erik Lindvall CEO of Talga AB.

LTU has produced this pedestrian film about the popular 7 km ice track and Luleå where the good burghers can be seen enjoying a sunday stroll on the sea ice. The track being recently abandoned by the Dutch skaters, that migrate here en masse end of Feb.

-beserk

Mmmmmmmm?

Last edited:

cosors

👀
Have a great weekend and cheers! You even have red sparkling water - wow!
Screenshot_2023-03-24-19-12-37-25_7d6541707e0ad471ad1a839839bd7d1b.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

beserk

Regular
Have a great weekend and cheers! You even have red sparkling water - wow!
View attachment 32922

Picked up a bottle of Peppermint paddock sparkling red wine from my local Dan Murphys bottle shop around the corner here downunder..AU $ 29.99 not bad.. looking forward to imbibe on the deck in the sun this Saturday afternoon...

cosors

👀
Picked up a bottle of Peppermint paddock sparkling red wine from my local Dan Murphys bottle shop around the corner here downunder..AU $ 29.99 not bad.. looking forward to imbibe on the deck in the sun this Saturday afternoon...
I have a full hang and I love it. Horny stuff 💁‍♂️

It was a very good bottle of red sparkling wine! Tasted very good.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
Your red sparkling wine tasted so good that I will later do a tasting of the others that the store still has with my sweetheart. These (good) red sparkling wines are really rare and the shop has four different. Love it!

beserk

Regular
Yes there might be some additional wrinkles in the process of Talga aquiring a final go ahead from the Swedish Land and Environmental Court. A pre Easter final go seems unlikely to me.

In the meantime we can rest assured that the Swedish military is building up its defenses of the Northern parts of the country. Including its mines and natural resources. Kiruna used to house the barracks for the Lappland Arctic Ranger regiment I22 until year 2000. The former army barracks in central Kiruna have now been converted to housing for students.

My brother did his military service at I22 together with a future Swedish Prime Minister. The focus was on preparing for winter war fare and the enemy always attacked from the east. Way past our friendly neighbours across the Torne river that now seem on track to join NATO in the near future.

View attachment 32878

Translation of newspaper article above..

Mines, minerals and Swedish space expertise must be defended. Sweden's military buildup in the northern parts of the country is entering a new phase.

" It is a strategically important area. It is the only area where we have a land border to the east. It is important for Sweden because we have an extensive mining industry and natural resources", says Major General Johan Pekkari, head of the strategy unit at the Swedish Defense Staff.

Swedish news media Expressen has taken a deep dive into the planning of the defense of northern Sweden and why it is so important that the area remains Swedish - regardless of the world situation.

-beserk

A piece written by the Director of the Kiruna council that corroborates the necessity of re introducing a Swedish military presence in place of the defunct I 22 Arctic Ranger or Arctic Jaeger troops if you prefer. And to have these troops trained in winter war fare permanently stationed in Kiruna.

'-beserk

Last edited:

Monkeymandan

Regular
I don’t think I can survive another 6 days with this level of anxiety, so am heeding the advice of the self help book I was bought for Christmas and going to embrace a blindly optimistic outlook for the next week.

In light of this, what is everyone going to be drinking on April 5?

Put a bottle of Laurent Perrier rose on ice for me please barman, and a nip of Aberlour Abunadh single malt to wash it down.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Vigdorian

Regular
Considering the 5th of April coincides with my Passover Seder, I think I might have more than just wine this year (fingers crossed)... Say hello to Henessy Cognac XO .

If we 3X (3 horsemen sprinkled with Talnode Si news)- I've always said Louis XIII is on the cards.

• Love
  • Fire
I don’t think I can survive another 6 days with this level of anxiety, so am heeding the advice of the self help book I was bought for Christmas and going to embrace a blindly optimistic outlook for the next week.

Put a bottle of Laurent Perrier rose on ice for me please barman, and a nip of Aberlour Abunadh single malt to wash it down.
Yeah I'm a tad anxious as well.

In fact over the last 2 days I have sold a total parcel of 50,000 @ $1.54 & $1.56. I'll probably sell another 25,000 tomorrow leaving me still with 100K.

a) I just figure if it goes against us I'm being prudent as we will probably drop 40% on the day. Thereby limiting damage somewhat. Then the question becomes do I move on from TLG ?

b) If we get permits I think it will propel us to around $2.00 whereupon I will still be happy and then buy more with the proceeds of the sold 50,000 plus more $ as the real rockets under the SP will be offtakes and financing which I think will follow very closely behind a favourable permit decision

c) If it absolutely rockets well over $2.00 on a favourable decision I will be ecstatic (as all of us will be) and I will still buy based on the same likely catalysts

Anyway just my approach at the moment............................Meaning don't be surprised if I buy back the 50,000 tomorrow LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Your red sparkling wine tasted so good that I will later do a tasting of the others that the store still has with my sweetheart. These (good) red sparkling wines are really rare and the shop has four different. Love it!
Whilst your weather is still mild you should be eating blue cheese, a mild salami, unsalted crackers with it.

• Love
  • Haha

ACinEur

Regular
I have a bottle of Chateau Lafite Rothschild which will get opened at the $2 mark… I’m sure we will be fine, I’m at the maximum % weight I allow myself for a single holding so bring it on…

• Fire

Semmel

Regular
Yeah I'm a tad anxious as well.

In fact over the last 2 days I have sold a total parcel of 50,000 @ $1.54 & $1.56. I'll probably sell another 25,000 tomorrow leaving me still with 100K.

a) I just figure if it goes against us I'm being prudent as we will probably drop 40% on the day. Thereby limiting damage somewhat. Then the question becomes do I move on from TLG ?

b) If we get permits I think it will propel us to around $2.00 whereupon I will still be happy and then buy more with the proceeds of the sold 50,000 plus more $ as the real rockets under the SP will be offtakes and financing which I think will follow very closely behind a favourable permit decision

c) If it absolutely rockets well over $2.00 on a favourable decision I will be ecstatic (as all of us will be) and I will still buy based on the same likely catalysts

Anyway just my approach at the moment............................Meaning don't be surprised if I buy back the 50,000 tomorrow LOL

Lol complete opposite here. I was buying with everything I got. Account status ending the month with €23.85 or something. Wanted something extra on top of my long term holdings that to sell after April 5th. If it goes south, then nothing will change in my life. If it goes good, I'll sell the extra and treat myself some nice small thing. :)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
I have a bottle of Chateau Lafite Rothschild which will get opened at the $2 mark… I’m sure we will be fine, I’m at the maximum % weight I allow myself for a single holding so bring it on…

I hope it is 1952 vintage.😁

• Haha

cosors

👀

Blindly optimistic I similarly concur:
Larmandier-Bernier : Rosé de Saignée Extra Brut Premier Cru

:unsure: But better two for me and one for the sweetheart.

Last edited:

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
My previous reply was obviously tongue-in-cheek, but then you got me looking and I found the following comment.

“selections from 1918, 1846, 1945, 1947, and 1961 are also worth considering—if you can find them. Older vintages are ideal if you’re looking for a wine that is ready to drink and has reached the peak of its potential. While Château Lafite Rothschild is well worth waiting for, if you truly can’t resist opening a younger vintage, try decanting for at least two hours before sipping to soften it up.”

This raises a couple of points:

1) who the hell buys wine vintages in 1846?

2) who waits 2 hours after opening a bottle to start drinking it? Although I do decant reds, I often finish the bottle within 2 hours—I do share with my wife so only get half the bottle.

3) who refers to a vintage younger than 1961 as being “young”?

This quote was also illuminating:

"Lafite has a soul, a beautiful, generous, kindly soul. Lafite turns bare earth into heaven. Lafite is harmony, a harmony between man and nature, because without our magnificent winegrowers, nothing would be accomplished." Baron Eric de Rothschild

I however don’t like the fact that it is a blend that includes Merlot. I really don’t like Merlot.

• Love
  • Haha

anbuck

Regular
Lol complete opposite here. I was buying with everything I got. Account status ending the month with €23.85 or something. Wanted something extra on top of my long term holdings that to sell after April 5th. If it goes south, then nothing will change in my life. If it goes good, I'll sell the extra and treat myself some nice small thing.
I'm with you Semmel. I was buying Tesla hand over fist when it was down near $100. Now that those Tesla shares have nearly doubled, I'm selling them to buy more Talga. I'm usually a buy and hold investor but the short term opportunities recently have tempted me enough to get me to make some trades.

Top Bottom