The Talga Bar

Perhaps now the bar will remain the only entertaining place until spring 😅

I don't really have an idea of what moving things are coming up. Maybe we'll be like that guy and move like a caterpillar into the spring. Slowly but steadily we approach the goal.
I hope you are talking about a Sydney Spring :)

I think MT will now surprise us with a few things over the coming months. I would expect he would return to Sweden for the Court site inspection in September (September..........hey that's tomorrow and our first day of Spring)

Winter Spring GIF

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀

I think MT will now surprise us with a few things over the coming months. I would expect he would return to Sweden for the Court site inspection in September (September..........hey that's tomorrow and our first day of Spring)

Winter Spring GIF
I love living on a globe! And I wish us at least a triple bagger until March. We are patient.

True the walk on site and hearing is on the 20th but I don't expect that will somehow move the SP. But let's see what he pulls out of the hat!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else notice that over at Hot Crapper there is not only a Beach42 but a Beach21 has appeared on the Syrah forum
@Proga you might want to tell everyone to put it on ignore

Hang Over Wake Up GIF by Arrow Video
season 8 zombie GIF by The Walking Dead
No Brain Reaction GIF by Black Rifle Coffee Company

• Fire

TentCity

Regular

Winter Spring GIF
We were supposed to get the latest lot of drilling results from Niska Link during August - however, I suspect it has been delayed due to assay lab turnarounds globally being peak season.

I wouldn’t knock back some juicy big high grade intercepts that feed into the next resource upgrade later this year, while we wait patiently for offtakes/permits etc

We were supposed to get the latest lot of drilling results from Niska Link during August - however, I suspect it has been delayed due to assay lab turnarounds globally being peak season.

I wouldn’t knock back some juicy big high grade intercepts that feed into the next resource upgrade later this year, while we wait patiently for offtakes/permits etc
Oh yeah I forgot about the drill results thanks for the reminder. I must have had my focus on today's announcement which I think is a huge positive.

Semmel

Regular
We might get off takes before the end of the year though, its the one item that is not tied 100% to permits. I have a bottle of Don Papa rum that gets open at 2 Euro (~3 AUD) per share. Anyone is welcome to join me in the celebration when it eventually happens :)

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Affenhorst

Regular
After goon
Aftergoon? Is that the Australian word for the time between lunch and dinner?

"Good aftergoon, Sir"
- "Blreughfh" *barf*

• Haha

Micreg

Regular
Aftergoon? Is that the Australian word for the time between lunch and dinner?

"Good aftergoon, Sir"
- "Blreughfh" *barf*
I think afternoon after goon is a twilight zone.

• Haha

Proga

Regular
Anyone else notice that over at Hot Crapper there is not only a Beach42 but a Beach21 has appeared on the Syrah forum
@Proga you might want to tell everyone to put it on ignore

Hang Over Wake Up GIF by Arrow Video
season 8 zombie GIF by The Walking Dead
No Brain Reaction GIF by Black Rifle Coffee Company
@WheresTheMonkey I saw it and went straight in to check out his posts. It's a new poster who started on the 12 of Aug posting in EOS except for the 1 SYR post. It isn't our old friend. The tone of the posts are completely different and mainly positive.

I hope something positive comes out of the Mitsui extension. They must be waiting on the full mining license before advancing negotiations having extended the MOU for a 2nd time. Wish the govt would hurry up and grant it. The amount of new battery plants coming online in the next 3-4 years is staggering. Did you read my post about it and how much graphite is required?

@WheresTheMonkey I saw it and went straight in to check out his posts. It's a new poster who started on the 12 of Aug posting in EOS except for the 1 SYR post. It isn't our old friend. The tone of the posts are completely different and mainly positive.

I hope something positive comes out of the Mitsui extension. They must be waiting on the full mining license before advancing negotiations having extended the MOU for a 2nd time. Wish the govt would hurry up and grant it. The amount of new battery plants coming online in the next 3-4 years is staggering. Did you read my post about it and how much graphite is required?
LOL I was a bit worried Beach42 bore forth a child called Beach21 which would mean he is a Son of a Beach LOL. Watch out Beach42 appeared as a naive and positive shareholder on the TLG threads originally.

I'm pretty certain I know who Beach42 actually is and I believe others on this forum share my thoughts.

Yes I read your post on graphite. I agree there will be plenty of room for everyone. Currently holding alot of TLG and a healthy parcel of SYR which I was in and out of last year but now in for the long haul as it has $2.60 written all over it pretty quickly then much higher after that.

However always concerned that SYR and to a lesser extent TLG wont reach their full potential if a Glencore type comes along

Last edited:

cosors

👀
LOL I was a bit worried Beach42 bore forth a child called Beach21 which would mean he is a Son of a Beach LOL. Watch out Beach42 appeared as a naive and positive shareholder on the TLG threads originally.

I'm pretty certain I know who Beach42 actually is and I believe others on this forum share my thoughts.

Yes I read your post on graphite. I agree there will be plenty of room for everyone. Currently holding alot of TLG and a healthy parcel of SYR which I was in and out of last year but now in for the long haul as it has $2.60 written all over it pretty quickly then much higher after that.

However always concerned that SYR and to a lesser extent TLG wont reach their full potential if a Glencorp type comes along
You mean Glencore?

cosors

👀
You have interesting thoughts!
Glencore is interesting and more than many others. I have not yet come up with the idea.
Glencore might have another shot. Don't forget the Vanadium (for TLG as well)

Reactions: 3 users

Proga

Regular

However always concerned that SYR and to a lesser extent TLG wont reach their full potential if a Glencore type comes along
I'm not worried about T/O for either of them. Aus Super has a blocking stake in SYR and are in for the long haul. They understand SYRs intrinsic value. Most larger companies like Mitsui are looking to be strategic partners not run them. The Glencore types can't takeover everything.

Last edited:
I'm not worried about T/O for either of them. Aus Super has a blocking stage in SYR and are in for the long haul. They understand SYRs intrinsic value. Most larger companies like Mitsui are looking to be strategic partners not run them. The Glencore types can't takeover everything.
I hope you are right. Four times in my life I have conducted a lot of research on potential investments then bought in knowing the SP potential only to have that potential snatched away by opportunistic takeovers.

It really annoys when that happens. You might make a few dollars but you are still left with an empty feeling afterwards

I currently hold Oz Minerals.......................LOL....................here we go again

Reactions: 5 users

DAH

Regular
I hope you are right. Four times in my life I have conducted a lot of research on potential investments then bought in knowing the SP potential only to have that potential snatched away by opportunistic takeovers.

It really annoys when that happens. You might make a few dollars but you are still left with an empty feeling afterwards

I currently hold Oz Minerals.......................LOL....................here we go again
I bare similar scars WTM.

Having held TLG for many years I've watched the risks come and go whilst others are very much mitigated. MT is a bit of a risk but feel MP is slotting in very nicely as our 2IC.

I'm very excited to watch it all play out but do see a hostile as our main risk. I'm a lay man in this space but so assume that once we have the 3 horseman of the apocalypse addressed, a boss who clearly hates dilution and wants to stay boss, plus strategic partners and Governments as stakeholders with vested interesrs, any takeover attempt would be difficult and valuations would need to be min 10X sp.
Anyone educated here to ensure my thinking is on track?

I'm not much of a poster so just quickly...
COSORS, I'm very grateful for all your research and generous contributions! Thank you. Safe to say your drinks will be on all of us. But with your holdings I think you'll be fine regardless. Cheers!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
I bare similar scars WTM.

Having held TLG for many years I've watched the risks come and go whilst others are very much mitigated. MT is a bit of a risk but feel MP is slotting in very nicely as our 2IC.

I'm very excited to watch it all play out but do see a hostile as our main risk. I'm a lay man in this space but so assume that once we have the 3 horseman of the apocalypse addressed, a boss who clearly hates dilution and wants to stay boss, plus strategic partners and Governments as stakeholders with vested interesrs, any takeover attempt would be difficult and valuations would need to be min 10X sp.
Anyone educated here to ensure my thinking is on track?

I'm not much of a poster so just quickly...
COSORS, I'm very grateful for all your research and generous contributions! Thank you. Safe to say your drinks will be on all of us. But with your holdings I think you'll be fine regardless. Cheers!
You're welcome! My work is mostly done because we are all aware of where we are locally and practically and where the problems were or are.
That's why I find the new topics that come up here very interesting, such as hostile takeover scenarios or the valuation. And that is where I would like to start. I have kicked myself out of HC and can therefore no longer go into the advanced search. One of us has done a lot of work to create a valuation table and made it available for free modification. So it could be found with some searches and cleverly chosen keywords. I mean it was an Excel spreadsheet. But I don't know which platform it was shared with. Maybe we are very lucky and the person is reading this: Could you please share your calculation table here again?

I'm not good at this kind of thing either, because I don't know what is weighted how. But at that time there were some people who thought that in mining it follows certain model valuation rules. At least that's how I understood it.
At that time I was not interested and had only read about the post with amusement. But now even I realise that it is time to think about it. Thank you for the impetus!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Affenhorst

Regular
You're welcome! My work is mostly done because we are all aware of where we are locally and practically and where the problems were or are.
That's why I find the new topics that come up here very interesting, such as hostile takeover scenarios or the valuation. And that is where I would like to start. I have kicked myself out of HC and can therefore no longer go into the advanced search. One of us has done a lot of work to create a valuation table and made it available for free modification. So it could be found with some searches and cleverly chosen keywords. I mean it was an Excel spreadsheet. But I don't know which platform it was shared with. Maybe we are very lucky and the person is reading this: Could you please share your calculation table here again?

I'm not good at this kind of thing either, because I don't know what is weighted how. But at that time there were some people who thought that in mining it follows certain model valuation rules. At least that's how I understood it.
At that time I was not interested and had only read about the post with amusement. But now even I realise that it is time to think about it. Thank you for the impetus!
I made this once upon a time. You can make a copy and enter your own assumptions... Also, my timeline was too optimistic back then.

https://docs.google. com/spreadsheets/d/1WClCjsq1nVS74nMJS02HCqys-Z5eeE42DE0hh2ojgA0/

You need to puzzle together the two parts of the url. If I post it whole, TSE will display the sheet like this:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom