The Talga Bar

View attachment 14888
bizarre, a silent diesel generator charging an EV
Gotta build that infrastructure, I'm sure the anti-EV brigade just lost their shit over this photo.

Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
Gotta build that infrastructure, I'm sure the anti-EV brigade just lost their shit over this photo.
Your comment is fair. However, only one anti EV is known to me and I would not show it to him. Here, as far as I know there are only people who have no problem with it but few who already mourn the old beautiful cars.
I posted it for a reason you can't know. Before the election there was advertised for a green traffic turnaround. My city is now governed green. The city is limited to do everything against cars with their traffic turnaround eg give parking spaces to the catering industry or paint new bike lanes on the road or close driveways, etc.. None of them has come up with the idea to synchronize the traffic lights or to build charging stations for EVs except for a few prestigious objects. With such a green traffic turnaround we emit more CO² and the drift towards green turnaround takes longer. I posted it because I find it bizarre that this movie crew has to supply their vehicle with a generator because the green policy was not willing or ready to install charging stations in a place where there would be plenty of space for it. Paint for bike lanes is cheaper than charging stations. So they are blindly against cars no matter which one and not about the cause. In a residential area at a friend's house they want to turn 200 parking spaces into 20. Citizens do not have to park in their thinking.
So this photo is for me a symbol of criticism for my city government.

I assume that just generators will stay for decades ICEs. They are so optimized that they have a comparably minimal footprint and are simply everywhere and always ready for use.

• Fire
I know there are only people who have no problem with it but few who already mourn the old beautiful cars.

Yeah well I'm not a convert to EVs as I own/via inheritance one of these in very similar colours (without the advertising)

1661492676917.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
And here is an interesting article from today's The Australian newspaper

Ultra fast EV charging without damaging the battery​

Ultra fast charging for EVs could soon be found around the country Ultra fast charging for EVs could soon be found around the country
  • By JAMES JENNINGS
  • 12:14PM AUGUST 26, 2022
  • 52 COMMENTS
Slow charging times, a common deterrent for drivers purchasing an electric vehicle, may be a thing of the past thanks to new research that has discovered a way to supercharge an EV battery from flat to 90 per cent full in just 10 minutes.
Idaho National Laboratory’s Energy Storage and Electric Vehicle Department manager Dr Eric Dufek and his colleagues conducted research using artificially intelligent algorithms to examine how current and voltage impacts battery ageing, resulting in the creation of a new, and much quicker, charging protocol (in simple terms, a code that allows an EV and a charger to establish contact).
Dr Eric Dufek Dr Eric Dufek
“Fast-charging is the key to increasing consumer confidence and overall adoption of electric vehicles and it would allow vehicle charging to be very similar to filling up at a gas station,” Dr Dufek said.

READ NEXT​

A common side-effect of regular fast-charging is battery damage, with the new charging protocol designed to identify the optimum rate of voltage in any given moment.
“We’ve significantly increased the amount of energy that can go into a battery cell in a short amount of time. Currently, we’re seeing batteries charge to over 90 per cent in 10 minutes without lithium plating or cathode cracking,” Dr Dufek said.
Although the protocol would require adjustment to suit different types of battery packs, it would be deployed to EVs as a free software update, negating the need for hardware changes to existing EVs and chargers.
The new protocol would be deployed to EVs as a free software update. Pic: Ben Stansall/AFP) The new protocol would be deployed to EVs as a free software update. Pic: Ben Stansall/AFP)
According to Dr Dufek, the aim of the research is to assist in the creation of rapid-charging-ready lithium-ion batteries, with the ultimate objective being for an EV to communicate to an EV charger the safest and quickest way to charge its batteries.
Tim Washington, founder of EV charging and infrastructure companies Jet Charge and Chargefox, thinks that charging an EV as quickly as filling a car with petrol is possible.
Tim Washington Tim Washington
“We’re still in the early stages with EV battery technology, and even now a Hyundai Ioniq 5 can charge from 10 per cent to 80 per cent in just 18 minutes,” Mr Washington said. “It’s completely feasible that will become a lot quicker in a relatively short period of time.”
A demand for mass ultra-rapid charging would, however, place a considerable amount of strain on the energy grid, necessitating a demand for electricity and infrastructure upgrades that would ultimately push the cost of charging up.
Luxury & Lifestyle in your inbox. Receive the latest in fashion, design, food, travel, art and more each Thursday with our Luxury & Lifestyle newsletter.
“If we all bought industrial air conditioners to cool our places quicker and all started using them at once, the grid wouldn’t handle it,” Mr Washington said. “Ideally the charging would be spread out over time and at a lower rate.”
Ampol's new AmpCharge electric vehicle charging stations Ampol's new AmpCharge electric vehicle charging stations
Mr Washington points out that most EV drivers currently charge their cars at home, and he says it makes sense to think of the process as being no different from charging your mobile phone.
“You wouldn’t expect to take your phone to a public station and have it charged in one minute – instead, you’d charge it at home overnight while it’s not in use,” Mr Washington said.
“EVs shouldn’t be any different, with public fast-charging ultimately only being something that people going on long-distance trips will need.”

• Love

Semmel

Regular
"conducted research using artificially intelligent algorithms to examine how current and voltage impacts battery ageing, resulting in the creation of a new, and much quicker, charging protocol"

AI algorithms.. so so..

Semmel

Regular
Lets have a little drinking game:

Each day that goes by until Talga tells us the Mitsui situation, we get to drink 1 beer/whisky/beverage of your choice on the evening when they make the announcement. Max 3 shots.

1. shot before open Tuesday
2. shot after close Tuesday
3. shot after close on Wednesday

Any later date and we have to think of a new game less we get drunk in the middle of the work week 😂 (this is the bar after all hehe)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I think we will get an announcement tomorrow 31 August

Drunk On One GIF
Drunk On One GIF
Drunk Cbs GIF by Paramount+
drunk straw GIF

• Haha

cosors

👀
  • Haha

Semmel

Regular
So its gonna be at least 2 drinks, maybe 3. Looking forwards to the fuzzy head 🤪 Though running around with a toilet seat around my neck is going to be a step too far LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Let's hope that this goddamned company surprises us positively for once...

• Love
  • Haha

Semmel

Regular
Would be a very nice change for once, yeah. Not holding my breath though.

cosors

👀
giphy (3).gif

• Haha

Semmel

Regular
sOACAQCtNuLmTVDwMtpQr0FL33ogBGtYILk0UQoibvs.gif

• Fire
MOU with Mitsui has been extended until end of March 2023, I guess that's what most of us have expected.

• Love
MOU with Mitsui has been extended until end of March 2023, I guess that's what most of us have expected. hoped for LOL
Fixed it for you :)

• Love

cosors

👀
I get out of bed again and give myself a very small sip from a small bottle of the best marc I have ever known to celebrate the day. Homemade in Croatia. A miracle cure. MT Cheers! But you didn't have to wait until the last day as if it was the most normal thing in the world not to mention your partner any more. If it's been a struggle so far, I'm sorry for my comment. Cheers to you all though!
🍸

cosors

👀
Rain! Rain! Rain! The first in ages! Today is a double holiday!

Semmel

Regular
MOU with Mitsui has been extended until end of March 2023, I guess that's what most of us have expected.
:) Guess it's gonna be 2 shots tonight :)

• Haha
  • Haha

cosors

👀
Perhaps now the bar will remain the only entertaining place until spring 😅

I don't really have an idea of what moving things are coming up. Maybe we'll be like that guy and move like a caterpillar into the spring. Slowly but steadily we approach the goal.

Top Bottom