The Talga Bar

Semmel

Regular
Looks like we are all out of sternies.. I'll go get new ones.. :)

Welcome ACinEUR :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
1661070241363.png

https://twitter.com/talga_ltd

They seem to help us keep everything clean: https://envix.se/

It wanted to demonstrate to the day of the open door also again the NIMBYs more particularly the EDCFA (environmental destruction China first association) sister organization of the WIGWAs (what is global warming anyway) I have not seen yet. But a neighbor wanted to hinder the visitor bus. Please bear with my cynicism, but we have the same problem here in Germany. That's why I prefer to go straight to the bar with it. I wonder against whom the Green Deal and the Green Transition actually have to defend itself. It's a pity in itself.

Unfortunately the images from the lab are not sharp enough 🧐 If it were up to me they would have left a customer's specification catalog lying around 😊

Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
Looks like we are all out of sternies.. I'll go get new ones.. :)

Welcome ACinEUR :)
My cidre is probably not simple enough for the high society 🤣
I am already quiet am not the barman. I just had to improvise. You continue here.

Reactions: 1 users

Semmel

Regular
Here, cosors, have a sterni, fresh from the brewery. I know it's your favorite 🤠

• Love

cosors

👀
Thank you Semmel. So the Sterni makes me abruptly associate this beautiful image for modern art. I find both very beautiful!
1661070824549.png

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
Thank you Semmel. So the Sterni makes me abruptly associate this beautiful image for modern art. I find both very beautiful!
View attachment 14607
Don't you see this triple shading that implies, in its diametrically cold coloring, a certain commercial warm momentum and dynamism based on the union of gea and technique? What 😲?! The new Sterni is crass...

• Haha

Semmel

Regular
Do they mix psychedelics into sternies these days? Might explain a lot ...

• Haha

Semmel

Regular
(Ro any non German... Let me explain. Sternies are 'Sternburger Export Bier') which is the 'good' variant of the Sternburger brewery. It is objectively one of the worst beers in Germany but also one of the cheapest. In young ages, most students/teenagers drink it because it gives the highest alcohol to bucks ratio and it's the only thing most teenagers can afford. For that reason, almost all middle aged people in Germany have interesting memories with that beverage as teenagers + cheap alcohol ... you get the point ;) It's sentimental value is what it stands for, not it's quality or taste)

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

TentCity

Regular
(Ro any non German... Let me explain. Sternies are 'Sternburger Export Bier') which is the 'good' variant of the Sternburger brewery. It is objectively one of the worst beers in Germany but also one of the cheapest. In young ages, most students/teenagers drink it because it gives the highest alcohol to bucks ratio and it's the only thing most teenagers can afford. For that reason, almost all middle aged people in Germany have interesting memories with that beverage as teenagers + cheap alcohol ... you get the point ;) It's sentimental value is what it stands for, not it's quality or taste)
I can think of a few beers here in Australia fit that category!

I do distinctly remember Tooheys ‘New’ beers being referred to as Tooheys ‘Spew’ for obvious reasons!!

Here’s Cheers/Prost to enjoying a drink from the ‘Top Shelf’ when Marks slays the Three Horsemen of the Apocalypse!

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
In Australia we have a term “goon” that is applied to cask (or box) wine. Talk about cheap. You can pick up some 4 or 5L casks of wine for the price of 2 schooners (425ml) of beer in a pub. Or 2L of drinkable Tawny Port for $12.

And if that isn‘t cheap enough, a local grog shop I frequent often has goon on sale at 3 off 5L casks for $33. That’s cheaper than petrol!

Who buys wine 15L at a go? Well I did once or twice, but that was in a previous life.

1661106518160.jpeg

Semmel

Regular
In Australia we have a term “goon” that is applied to cask (or box) wine. Talk about cheap. You can pick up some 4 or 5L casks of wine for the price of 2 schooners (425ml) of beer in a pub. Or 2L of drinkable Tawny Port for $12.

And if that isn‘t cheap enough, a local grog shop I frequent often has goon on sale at 3 off 5L casks for $33. That’s cheaper than petrol!

Who buys wine 15L at a go? Well I did once or twice, but that was in a previous life.

View attachment 14629

Lol 😂 and what about your memories connected to these 15L of wine? Story time, story time, story time!!

cosors

👀
Berlin is also very special. Today it is hard to imagine that the city was once separated by a death strip not long ago. I know the city since the fall of the wall very or quite well and was very often there over the years. Sterni has simply a symbolic cult character. For me it does not matter whether it is bad or good. It is a part of history.
I know the wine containers from France. They don't have to be bad per se. Often cooperatives "bottle" them and not infrequently they are better than the far more expensive bottled ones. Because it's the content that counts.) I would say..

View attachment 14629
involuntary body shudders

• Haha

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Lol 😂 and what about your memories connected to these 15L of wine? Story time, story time, story time!!
Those brain cells are well and truly dead now! Plus I tend to get sleepy when I drink too much. I have missed the ending of many a movie that way. I can't say whether or not they were good movies as I don't remember the ending, or much of the story-line for that matter.

I do remember a funny story about a friend (and yes it was a friend and not a self-story masquerading under "I once knew this guy . . .", this guy is actually my sister's brother-in-law now, we were both teenagers then) who went outside to spew in -6 degC temp. He was outside for a while so a couple of us went to investigate and found him lying in the frost with a spew-icicle frozen to his nose. He thawed out OK once we dragged him inside.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Berlin is also very special. Today it is hard to imagine that the city was once separated by a death strip not long ago. I know the city since the fall of the wall very or quite well and was very often there over the years. Sterni has simply a symbolic cult character. For me it does not matter whether it is bad or good. It is a part of history.
I know the wine containers from France. They don't have to be bad per se. Often cooperatives "bottle" them and not infrequently they are better than the far more expensive bottled ones. Because it's the content that counts.) I would say..
We have a saying down here that goon tastes fine after the third glass.

Micreg

Regular
1661163487429.jpeg

Goon bag on the Hills hoist (outside cloths line) ready for a party. For sharing - pre-Covid.
My kids survived this somehow and are intellectually in tact!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Affenhorst

Regular

View attachment 14629
When I was younger and backpacking in Australia, goon was life, goon was the promised nectar of the gods. It was sure to give you a headache, but it was actually affordable and provided you with the sought-after buzz. Good enough back then. Fond memories.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
When I was younger and backpacking in Australia, goon was life, goon was the promised nectar of the gods. It was sure to give you a headache, but it was actually affordable and provided you with the sought-after buzz. Good enough back then. Fond memories.
OK but was your Goon Red or White ?

no way wtf GIF by Anabel Magazine

• Thinking

Affenhorst

Regular
  • Haha

cosors

👀
IMG20220824191030.jpg

bizarre, a silent diesel generator charging an EV