PERMITS

cosors

👀
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/permits.4987/post-233278

I looked again. It is absolutely clear that the Environment and Construction Committee decided about us on 15 February. It says so not only on Lulea's page but everywhere else in the other media.
They meet once a month. The first minutes/protocol (?) from 18 January said that they had no objections and recommended approval. I only found these minutes 13 days later, on 1 February. With a few days' tolerance, that definitely tells me that these minutes are published with a considerable time lag. So I would expect the meeting on the 15th to take place around the end of February. I think it will be like the approval for the mine. One body makes the essential decision but it is not the one that formally grants the permit and ceremonially opens the mine. The court of Umea decides and Bergstaaten opens. Maybe in Lulea it's the mayor? I don't know.

@beserk maybe you can ask your brother to call the Lulea municipality and ask if and when the minutes/protocol of the environmental and building committee (Miljö- och byggnadsnämnden) are available and when the building permit is formally granted and by whom (~as in general)?

"Talga AB söker bygglov för etablering på Luleå Industripark – Hertsöfältet

Miljö- och byggnadsnämnden föreslås den 15 februari besluta att bevilja Talga AB bygglov för nybyggnad av industribyggnader på Luleå Industripark – Hertsöfältet. Det här är första steget för företaget mot öppnandet av en grafitreningsanläggning och en anläggning för tillverkning av anodmaterial för batterier."

"Talga AB seeks building permit for establishment at Luleå Industripark - Hertsöfältet

On 15 February, the Environment and Building Committee proposed to grant Talga AB a building permit for the construction of new industrial buildings at Luleå Industripark - Hertsöfältet. This is the first step for the company towards the opening of a graphite purification plant and a plant for the production of anode materials for batteries."
https://www.lulea.se/samhalle--gato...tson-i-fokus.html#talga-ab20sC3B6ker20bygglov

Address:
Luleå municipality, 971 85 Luleå
Telephone number:
0920 - 45 30 00

E-mail:
Lulea.kommun@lulea.se
In German language the word "Protokoll" has a double connotation. On the one hand I can follow a behavior as in a royal house, diplomatic or to the procedure for firing a bomb. On the other hand in German I can write a record of, for example, a session, conversation or meeting.

When would you use minutes and when protocol?

Last edited:

TentCity

Regular
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/permits.4987/post-233278

I looked again. It is absolutely clear that the Environment and Construction Committee decided about us on 15 February. It says so not only on Lulea's page but everywhere else in the other media.
They meet once a month. The first minutes/protocol (?) from 18 January said that they had no objections and recommended approval. I only found these minutes 13 days later, on 1 February. With a few days' tolerance that definitely tells me that these minutes are published with a considerable time lag. So I would expect that the minutes of the meeting on the 15th are shown around the end of February. I think it will be like the approval for the mine. One body makes the essential decision but it is not the one that formally grants the permit and ceremonially opens the mine. The court of Umea decides and Bergstaaten opens. Maybe in Lulea it's the mayor? I don't know.

@beserk maybe you can ask your brother to call the Lulea municipality and ask if and when the minutes/protocol of the environmental and building committee (Miljö- och byggnadsnämnden) are available and when the building permit is formally granted and by whom (~as in general)?

"Talga AB söker bygglov för etablering på Luleå Industripark – Hertsöfältet

Miljö- och byggnadsnämnden föreslås den 15 februari besluta att bevilja Talga AB bygglov för nybyggnad av industribyggnader på Luleå Industripark – Hertsöfältet. Det här är första steget för företaget mot öppnandet av en grafitreningsanläggning och en anläggning för tillverkning av anodmaterial för batterier."

"Talga AB seeks building permit for establishment at Luleå Industripark - Hertsöfältet

On 15 February, the Environment and Building Committee proposed to grant Talga AB a building permit for the construction of new industrial buildings at Luleå Industripark - Hertsöfältet. This is the first step for the company towards the opening of a graphite purification plant and a plant for the production of anode materials for batteries."
https://www.lulea.se/samhalle--gato...tson-i-fokus.html#talga-ab20sC3B6ker20bygglov

Address:
Luleå municipality, 971 85 Luleå
Telephone number:
0920 - 45 30 00

E-mail:
Lulea.kommun@lulea.se
Hi Cosors

Sehr gut detective work as usual!

I suspect the approval for the anode plant may coincide with Talga hosting the breakfast briefing at the Lulea industrial park on the 24th Feb. The Court should also hand down the decision date for the approval of the mine around that date, providing Talga some tangible dates/timelines they are working to bring online this new green project!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Hi Cosors

Sehr gut detective work as usual!

I suspect the approval for the anode plant may coincide with Talga hosting the breakfast briefing at the Lulea industrial park on the 24th Feb. The Court should also hand down the decision date for the approval of the mine around that date, providing Talga some tangible dates/timelines they are working to bring online this new green project!

From my point of view, this has to be an ASX ann.

Semmel

Regular
Can they do an Ann without doing the ceremony first? What is the 🐔 and what the 🥚?

• Haha

TentCity

Regular
From my point of view, this has to be an ASX ann.
Yeah i agree - there would have to be an accompanying ASX announcement if the stars were to align and they were announcing at the breakfast they have been granted a permit for the plant for sure.

Reactions: 3 users

Affenhorst

Regular
Luleå Industripark is in the spotlight at the Luleå Business Region Breakfast on 24 February, hosted by Talga.

Luleå kommun, Luleå Energi, Lumire, and Luleå Hamn will be there to talk about the long term plans for Luleå Industripark.

One. Million. Tonnes. (per annum)

1676878647234.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
Tomorrow is the last day of the hearing.

"Ongoing main hearing on Nunasvaara​

February 22, 2023
On Tuesday, January 31, 2023, the main hearing started in the Land and Environment Court regarding Talga's intended graphite mining at Nunasvaara south.
The location is set at the Quality hotel on Storgatan in Luleå, where the court has set up a provisional courtroom for the coming weeks. The first days of negotiations were covered by several media who interviewed Talga as well as the Sami villages and the nature conservation association.
Questions raised by these parties during the opening days of the negotiations have mainly concerned topics such as water and dam management, biological diversity, connection to other, nearby deposits, as well as general impact on the industry - and Talga's team, which includes lawyers as well as technical consultants, has been ready to answer the questions.
The main negotiation is planned to last for four weeks, where the company will give an account of its planned operations and where all interested parties will be allowed to speak to give their views on the matter. The court, in turn, is represented by a councillor, two technical councils and two special members.
The so-called Vittangi graphite in northern Sweden is considered one of the world's finest graphite resources and is particularly suitable for battery anode production.
The court hearing is scheduled to last until February 23."
https://hertson.se/2023/02/22/pagaende-huvudforhandlingen-om-nunasvaara/

cosors

👀
And again a good piece forward. Talga go 🍾

Here is the protocol of the Environment and Construction Committee of Lulea in our case:

"Opinion for referral
Talga AB application for permit for water activities on the following plots the plots of land Luleå Hertsön 11.1, 11.1010 and 11.1011 -
Application for a building permit and Environmental impact assessment
File number M-2022-4423

Decision of the Environment and Construction Committee
The Environmental and Construction Committee has no objections to the issuance of a to the granting of a permit for the water activity or to the granting of a building permit.
For the rest, we refer to the comments under the section "Statements of the Environmental and Construction Committee".

Summary of the matter
Talga AB (Talga) has applied for a permit under the Environmental Code for the Construction and operation of a plant for the production of Battery anode material from graphite concentrate on part of the Hertsön 11:1 and 11:1010 land parcels, as well as a permit for water management activities required for the construction of the company's facilities in water Company's facilities in water areas.

The Company has also requested that the Regional and Environmental Court, in a separate judgment, clarify the issue of the permissibility of the activities and grant a permit under the Environmental Code for the construction work to be carried out and a permit for certain water activities (so-called construction judgment). An environmental impact assessment was submitted.

The matter was referred to the Environment and Construction Committee for comments on the water activities, construction permit and environmental impact statement by January 27, 2023. The Environment and Construction Department proposes that the Committee decides not to object to the issuance of a water activity permit or to the issuance of a construction permit. In all other respects, reference is made to the views of the Environment and Construction Department as set out in the letter.

Background
Talga has a permit under the Environmental Code to construct and operate a facility for the production of battery anode material from graphite concentrate within part of the Hertsön 11:1 and 11:1010 property. The company has also applied for a permit for water activities necessary for the construction of the company's facilities in water areas. The water activities are expected to affect the Hertsön 11:1, 11:1010 and 11:1011 properties.

The company has also requested that the court issue a special judgment on the permissibility of the activities and grant a permit under the Environmental Code for the construction work to be carried out and a permit for certain water activities (so-called construction judgment). An environmental impact assessment was submitted.

The Land and Environment Court has forwarded the application and related documents to the Environment and Construction Committee for comments on the application for a building permit, the requested water permit and the environmental impact assessment (EIA) by January 27, 2023. Comments on the remainder of the application must be submitted by February 17.

Application
In the application and supplement to the application, Talga has proposed a few different activity codes for the proposed production process in the Environmental Permitting Ordinance (2013:251). Regardless of which activity code is deemed the correct one, Permit Requirement A applies, meaning that the County Administrative Board has oversight of the environmentally hazardous activity under the Environmental Code. The County Administrative Board is also responsible for oversight of water activities. At this time, the County Administrative Board is seeking comments on the construction permit, water activities, and the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA). Questions regarding the permissibility of the activities and water activities are addressed on pages 18 through 28 of the application.

The application for a construction permit is described in the application as follows: 'Talga requests that the Land and Environment Court, through a special judgment, declare the proposed activity permissible and allow the company to carry out certain works (known as a construction permit). The application relates to planned building and construction activities for the intended activity, but not to the construction or design of process or cleaning technology. The work includes excavation and foundation work for the construction of the plant, the construction of buildings, roads and other facilities, and the laying of pipelines, etc. As indicated in the environmental assessment, the proposed activity will be carried out in accordance with general environmental protection regulations. The proposed conditions ensure that the activity will be carried out in accordance with best available techniques and that impacts on the surrounding area will be limited. The location of the activity in an area designated for industrial activities meets the siting requirement. The plant is well located from both an environmental and recipient perspective. The proposed activity will not have a significant impact on human health or the environment and will not result in noncompliance with environmental quality standards for air or water. The activity will also not impact a Natura 2000 site. In summary, the studies conducted show that the proposed activity is permissible and very important, not least to accelerate the green transition and reduce the high carbon dioxide emissions associated with the conventional production of battery anode materials. It is therefore appropriate to declare the requested activity permissible and to grant the requested construction permit.

Ministry of Environment and Construction Comments

The Department of Environment and Public Works has consulted internally with the Luleå Municipal Environmental Officer regarding the consequences of the proposed water activity and nature conservation issues. From the consultation, it appears that the Municipal Environmentalist has been involved in discussions with Talga on the best solution for laying the pipelines and that the development of the area has been included in the detailed planning of the area. Provided that the safeguards discussed and described in the application and its attachments are adhered to, the Department of Environment and Public Works does not object to the issuance of the permit for the waterworks. The Environment and Construction Department also has no objection to the permit covering the work in the protected area described in the application.

With regard to the request for a building permit, the Environment and Construction Department has no objection to such a permit being granted, with reference to what Talga has described about the impact on human health or the environment, etc. On the positive side, a control program for the construction work will be prepared, including a separate mass management plan and a description of how sulfide-containing soil will be handled. Among other things, this should ensure that the excavated material is properly managed later.

The Environment and Construction Department has no comments on the Environmental Impact Statement. The Environment and Construction Department has proposed to the Environment and Construction Committee to decide that the Environment and Construction Committee has no objections to the issuance of a permit for the water activity or the issuance of a construction permit. In all other respects, reference is made to the comments made under the heading "Comments of the Environment and Construction Department".

The meeting
I. J. (V) declares that she is unable to attend and will not take part in the debate. The environment and construction department presented the matter presented.

Decision making
The Chairman puts the proposal of the Environment and Construction Department and states that the Environment and Building Committee agrees with the proposal.

Supporting documents
- Application and amendment to the application, MBF Hid: 2023.126
- Environmental Assessment (revised), MBF Hid: 2023.128
- Technical description, MBF Hid: 2023.129
- Detailed plan, MBF Hid: 2023.130-131
- Proposal of the Ministry of Environment and Construction regarding the.
Opinion for referral - Talga AB's application for a.
Permit for water activities on the Luleå properties.
Hertsön 11.1, 11.1010 and 11.1011, application for a construction permit
and environmental impact assessment, MBF Hid: 2023.125.

The decision is sent to
Land and Environment Court"
https://www.lulea.se/download/18.2351c97b185de0f7a8e70d1/1674720475854/Protokoll miljö- och byggnadsnämnden 2023-01-18.pdf
File number M-2022-4423

I think here it is, the minutes of 15.02.2023 => agreed with the proposal
I'm not a bureaucrat and I don't always understand the language of them, but:

beslut.png

"§32
Decision of the Environment and Building Committee
The Environment and Building Committee has no objection to the granting of a permit in accordance with Talga AB's application.

The Land and Environment Court has referred the application to the Environment and Building Committee for comment by 17 February 2023.

Decision-making
The Chairman put the proposal of the Environment and Building Department to the vote and noted that the Environment and Building Committee agreed with the proposal. short and dry, stamp on it :)

The decision is forwarded to
Land and Environment Court"
https://www.lulea.se/download/18.2d9df539185bf9e506320e88/1676964981604/Protokoll miljö- och byggnadsnämnden 2023-02-15.pdf
___
I hope you recognize the relevance and what this means.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
On the 15th was voted and on the 21st comes the trading halt. Coincidence or not? And could the start of trading be followed by an ann? What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Semmel

Regular
The trading halt has CR as a reason, not pending decision by a Swedish entity. They cant make no CR now. Is there a connection with the vote? No idea. We will have to wait and see what happens.

cosors

👀
The trading halt has CR as a reason, not pending decision by a Swedish entity. They cant make no CR now. Is there a connection with the vote? No idea. We will have to wait and see what happens.
I thought that it could be some powder after the dump.
I thought about the timing of the board.
They may have definitely known this and deliberately chosen the date. But perhaps better a topic for the bar.
___
And for me it's not some powder, it's a lot! I keep my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
The waiting is eating at me.

As I stated earlier, I think, and hope, the trading halt is merely well timed to stop speculation and share price volatility leading up to the conclusion of the licensing hearing.

If I was a gambling man I would have spun the dice and bought up as much as I could leading up to tomorrow. And that may well be exactly what the institutional buyer, involved with the CR, is doing.

Part of me would hate for them to be buying in based on info they have on how the hearing is going, but then part of me hopes that might be the case.

Logic is telling me that the European Union may bring pressure to bear regardless of the outcome. There is such an immense need for battery materials and self-sufficiency.

• Fire

Semmel

Regular
I thought that it could be some powder after the dump.
I thought about the timing of the board.
They may have definitely known this and deliberately chosen the date. But perhaps better a topic for the bar.
___
And for me it's not some powder, it's a lot! I keep my fingers crossed.

Its a lot of powder for me too., A bit more than 50% since TSLA is doing so poorly. I VERY much like to have it become 75% before the year is out. I also wont TSLA to raise 100% in the same time frame. You do the math ;)

The waiting is eating at me.

As I stated earlier, I think, and hope, the trading halt is merely well timed to stop speculation and share price volatility leading up to the conclusion of the licensing hearing.

If I was a gambling man I would have spun the dice and bought up as much as I could leading up to tomorrow. And that may well be exactly what the institutional buyer, involved with the CR, is doing.

Part of me would hate for them to be buying in based on info they have on how the hearing is going, but then part of me hopes that might be the case.

Logic is telling me that the European Union may bring pressure to bear regardless of the outcome. There is such an immense need for battery materials and self-sufficiency.

I will go by the evidence that is provided. I will refrain from speculation at this point as its too wild. And if you go purely by what we know, than this is the worst timing in the history of CR.. We knew beforehand that a CR was coming within 3 to 4 months from the Q1 report. BUT at this point and in the absense of further information, this is ridiculously bad timing. We will see what comes of it.

cosors

👀
Its a lot of powder for me too., A bit more than 50% since TSLA is doing so poorly. I VERY much like to have it become 75% before the year is out. I also wont TSLA to raise 100% in the same time frame. You do the math ;)

I will go by the evidence that is provided. I will refrain from speculation at this point as its too wild. And if you go purely by what we know, than this is the worst timing in the history of CR.. We knew beforehand that a CR was coming within 3 to 4 months from the Q1 report. BUT at this point and in the absense of further information, this is ridiculously bad timing. We will see what comes of it.
absense of further information
🫢😅
this is T S E

What if the Sami were demanding shares as compensation? Or is that ridiculous to consider

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
Last edited:
  • Haha

Semmel

Regular
What if the Sami were demanding shares as compensation? Or is that ridiculous to consider

That would invalidate their claim that Talga is the devil and building the mine would be ending their culture as they know it

💯 I agree with you 100%. I was also naive enough to believe that the 3 horsemen of the apocalypse would be due in the next few weeks - and that a capital increase could take place at a much higher level. The only logical explanation seems to me that they assume, or perhaps have even received signals, that there will be no approvals without restrictions, or that it will take many more months for Talga to get through the appeals even at higher levels. I wish Talga would provide some background of those matters in one of their webinars, but it always feels like they only intensify communications before bad news. 🙈 This does not change my long-term conviction of Talga's prospects, but it still makes one doubt one's own investment strategy and some other statements made from time to time.

cosors

👀
💯 I agree with you 100%. I was also naive enough to believe that the 3 horsemen of the apocalypse would be due in the next few weeks - and that a capital increase could take place at a much higher level. The only logical explanation seems to me that they assume, or perhaps have even received signals, that there will be no approvals without restrictions, or that it will take many more months for Talga to get through the appeals even at higher levels. I wish Talga would provide some background of those matters in one of their webinars, but it always feels like they only intensify communications before bad news. 🙈 This does not change my long-term conviction of Talga's prospects, but it still makes one doubt one's own investment strategy and some other statements made from time to time.
Not asked but from my point of view: of course there will be an appeal and that can take up to 6months so summer autumn with us.
I do not agree with Semmel this time that the timing is chosen unwise. Everything fits together from my point of view. But do not let me influence you, although I am calm and serene. We will see and that over the coming weeks. You have ~always been skeptical and I think that's good.
___
Look at WBT - compared to us nothing - what are news 🤣

Last edited:

Semmel

Regular

Appeals are comming for sure. But my understanding is (and this might well be wrong), that we can start building while they progress through the courts. So appeals would not slow us down. If they are indeed successful, we will be in a big mess of course, but that is a risk we will need to take.

Top Bottom