What if Permits are Not Granted

Ok what if ?
Is our battery’s tech better than anyone ?

What if we cannot get the best graphite in Europe out of the ground

What next?

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
I like to get everyone thinking ?

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Semmel

Regular
If the court denies the environmental permit,. It is my belief that the swedish government will grant an exemption, like they did for other projects. Of course, it's gonna be much more of a struggle after that and everything will be delayed. Also share price will tank like no tomorrow.

On the other hand, if the environmental permit is granted, there will be an appeal and further legal battles. However Talga will go ahead with the project and not wait for the resolution of the appeal.

• Love
If the court denies the environmental permit,. It is my belief that the swedish government will grant an exemption, like they did for other projects. Of course, it's gonna be much more of a struggle after that and everything will be delayed. Also share price will tank like no tomorrow.

On the other hand, if the environmental permit is granted, there will be an appeal and further legal battles. However Talga will go ahead with the project and not wait for the resolution of the appeal.
I’m with ya mate. I just want a shitstorm

So bored 😂

I’m all out of monkey gifs😀

Mark answers this question around the 45 minute mark. I don't want to imagine what would happen to the share price then. I think the value of Talga without its resources is currently considered by most to be relatively unsubstantial.

Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
If I thought permits would be refused, I would have sold before now.

Of course there is a chance that there will be no permits, but, without me knowing the ins and outs of the Sami arguments, Talga has made substantial concessions.

As I understand it, the mine will be, at worst, an inconvenience, providing an obstacle around which the reindeer will need to detour, and there is the risk of reindeer being killed by trucks.

I do not know if there will be any loss of grazing land, but this will be remediated as the graphite is removed.

The EU has indicated strong support for critical minerals.

So the assessors have to weigh the Sami rights and concerns on the one hand against Talga's concessions, the climate, the economic benefits, and strategic benefits.

... and remember, as @beserk pointed out, traditionally reindeer were used to haul ore from the mines (in the winter?), a fact which is commemorated each year by a ski race. Customs are not immutable. Quad bikes and skidoos are commonly used for leisure and herding.

So is the detour of a few kilometers to outweigh the possibility of producing zero CO2 batteries?

So my guess is that the permits will be granted.

If I'm wrong, then we are left with our anode IP (and a couple of side gigs), which we could license, but the licencee would need a supply of graphene which we sweep up off the floor in refining our graphite.

Reactions: 8 users
If I thought permits would be refused, I would have sold before
Exactly

Hold tight mate/madam

The share price will not go towards “Pab” predictions

Happy for $1.95 to $2.40

After that I believe MT will show financing…..it just becomes …… obvious

Cards

Reactions: 4 users

Semmel

Regular
Sometimes it's hard to argue on the basis

IF premise THEN effect.

Especially if you disagree with the premise. But sometimes it's good exercise to accept the premise as true and play in your head what effect that would have.. without arguing the premise. ;)

Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
Sometimes it's hard to argue on the basis

IF premise THEN effect.

Especially if you disagree with the premise. But sometimes it's good exercise to accept the premise as true and play in your head what effect that would have.. without arguing the premise. ;)
Ok @WheresTheMonkey Then I pretend that my thinking allows for a no.
Then the SP would perhaps fall by up to 50% in just one day with further selloff to maybe less than 100M MC. Maybe MT doesn't sell the rest and goes along with it maybe he finds backers to continue with the other mines far away from the Sami. Does he have the nerves after 12a for that? I don't know.
Or maybe he buys the raw material from LE or Syrah. Or he sells everything. Either way, my interest would wane.
And now?
What do I with that.
I've had three or four scenarios in my head for years. That doesn't get me anywhere. We are here because of this unique constellation. Or not?

I deleted my post above because it didn't clearly address the question and anyway it only said what you all know.

Last edited:

Monkeymandan

Regular
Ok what if ?

What next?
Share price would absolutely tank. The wife would file for divorce. I’d move to Sweden and start shovelling graphite under the cover of darkness.

But this surely can’t happen. Political and environmental imperative is simply too great.

But despite this, the anxiety is slowly mounting…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

cosors

👀
Found in my buckup.)
Screenshot_2023-03-24-22-22-21-11_7d6541707e0ad471ad1a839839bd7d1b.jpg

a look at the SP 😅
I mean the famous 1.45
What a coincidence .
A bit of time and it's done

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

cronk

Ok what if ?

What next?

I will yeet myself off the Story Bridge here in Brissy :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Semmel

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Coolbeans

Ok what if ?

What next?
Monkey, your ass has gone 😂😂. No more silly headlines now guys !! Only a few days to go next week then we have the answer 😂. It's a yes. Monkey gone mad 🐒

• Haha

Tim

Emerged
For the sake of entertaining this hypothetical, I will probably do something like this:

Sell… assume the day 1 reaction won’t be the end of it.

Make myself some popcorn and try to get some cheap entertainment from the chaos on hotcrapper, even if it hurts me a little inside.

Pray appeals are successful. Failing that,
pray Talnode-Si can still take off in a big way.

If all fails, question my life choices.
Have an epiphany, learn to embrace the outcome, sell my house and worldly possessions, move to Vittangi, become a recluse in the forest, join a reindeer herd, become a reindeer, find enlightenment.

Attachments

• A8BF3893-9460-4E2D-A1D6-E0C18E7FFEF8.jpeg
    A8BF3893-9460-4E2D-A1D6-E0C18E7FFEF8.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
For the vibe I've just the right stuff here:

"15 mars 2023
Dragon Mining may give up plans for a gold mine in Fäboliden in Lycksele municipality. This after the Land and Environment Court denied the company leave to appeal.
Last year, the mining company was refused by the Land and Environment Court, citing that the reindeer husbandry would be too much disturbed by mining production in the area. Dragon Mining appealed and at the same time reduced the amount of ore to be mined. But it was not enough for the Land and Environment Court to change previous court decisions.
Politicians in the municipalities of Lycksele, Vilhelmina and Storuman have previously appealed to overturn the refusal because they saw the opportunities for new jobs."
https://www.bergsmannen.se/nyheter/e/6236/stopp-for-guldgruva-i-faboliden/

This is meant ironically, of course. I can say nothing about it. And for their other project they were the first to get a go after all this time. I can't judge what this is about. In any case the meat industry is super important in Sweden. That is meant jokingly and not serious.

Last edited:

Semmel

Regular
Cue the white shark music!!

• Haha

beserk

Regular
Share price would absolutely tank. The wife would file for divorce. I’d move to Sweden and start shovelling graphite under the cover of darkness.

But this surely can’t happen. Political and environmental imperative is simply too great.

But despite this, the anxiety is slowly mounting…

Yes this is getting ridiculous I'm starting to sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist or should that read conspiracy terrorist? The sweet innocent Sami children that presented the visting King with a gift were chosen because of their personal attributes not because they represent Talma. And the novel route the reindeer herded by a Sami on a snow mobile took heading out on the ice past central Luleå towards Hertsön and the Luleå industrial park was only to show that the reindeer aren't scared of people or cars. And still...

-beserk

• Haha

cosors

👀
Yes this is getting ridiculous I'm starting to sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist or should that read conspiracy terrorist? The sweet innocent Sami children that presented the visting King with a gift were chosen because of their personal attributes not because they represent Talma. And the novel route the reindeer herded by a Sami on a snow mobile took heading out on the ice past central Luleå towards Hertsön and the Luleå industrial park was only to show that the reindeer aren't scared of people or cars. And still...

-beserk
Have a restful sleep and until then: one reindeer, second reindeer, third reindeer, fourth reindeer, fifth, reindeer, reindeer, Sweden, reindeer, reindeer ...

• Haha