What if Permits are Not Granted

Semmel

Regular
WTM, of course i am of the same opinion. ;) Why else would i have 50% in TLG? And buying with each spare cent? Still my brain refuses to give this option a 0% likelihood. It's just not an impossibility and I make the conscious decision to still go ahead with my placement. Otherwise it would be blind faith, which would be stupid.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
WTM, of course i am of the same opinion. ;) Why else would i have 50% in TLG? And buying with each spare cent? Still my brain refuses to give this option a 0% likelihood. It's just not an impossibility and I make the conscious decision to still go ahead with my placement. Otherwise it would be blind faith, which would be stupid.
Also consider that in Europe, lithium hard-rock mineral deposits are located in Portugal, Czechia, Finland, Germany, Spain and Austria.

Of course The Upper Rhine Valley in Germany's southwest is thought to be home to one of the largest lithium reserves in Europe.

Now Sweden would look to the EU heirarchy and its people like a bunch of F-wits if they were not willing to pull their weight in making Europe a powerhouse of battery manufacture.

Then all you need is manganese to replace cobalt and that can be found in any number of friendly countries including Ukraine

Anyway possibly only 7.5 hours to go .

Try and stay calm like me

Off The Clock GIF

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
Also consider that in Europe, lithium hard-rock mineral deposits are located in Portugal, Czechia, Finland, Germany, Spain and Austria.

Of course The Upper Rhine Valley in Germany's southwest is thought to be home to one of the largest lithium reserves in Europe.

Now Sweden would look to the EU heirarchy and its people like a bunch of F-wits if they were not willing to pull their weight in making Europe a powerhouse of battery manufacture.

Then all you need is manganese to replace cobalt and that can be found in any number of friendly countries including Ukraine

Anyway possibly only 7.5 hours to go .

Try and stay calm like me

Off The Clock GIF
I’m with you here, there’s no way the Swedish government wouldn’t have signalled to Talga this is going to happen one way or another. You aren’t invited to government arranged events alongside Lkab and Volvo without being a bone fide Swedish operator. Although as @Semmel notes, the govt intervened route would burn cash and time.

Not long now…

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

beserk

Regular
Screenshot_20230405_114415_Google.jpg

Well I haven't heard anything yet and don"t expect any news until earliest after 4 pm Melbourne time...

Reactions: 2 users
View attachment 33678

Well I haven't heard anything yet and don"t expect any news until earliest after 4 pm Melbourne time...

Entire graphite sector is under water today.

Continued weakness in graphite due to China battery makers running down stockpiled product. Downturn will persist all this quarter per Fastmarkets report I posted last night I think in the "Media" thread.

It would be amusing if this put a bit of a cap on the SP in the event of a positive decision.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Semmel

Regular
Entire graphite sector is under water today.

Continued weakness in graphite due to China battery makers running down stockpiled product. Downturn will persist all this quarter per Fastmarkets report I posted last night I think in the "Media" thread.

It would be amusing if this put a bit of a cap on the SP in the event of a positive decision.

I'm not up to date, what is happening with Chinese graphite stockpiles?

I'm not up to date, what is happening with Chinese graphite stockpiles?
I posted the article in the Media thread. Bad news first then Better news especially last few lines if you are the type that reads the last page of a book before you read it

Reactions: 3 users

beserk

Regular
Screenshot_20230405_161614_Google.jpg

No news on the Talga front....

-beserk

Monkeymandan

Regular
I beg, can we please kill this thread?! Each time I refresh and see this thread in bold with an update my heart skips a beat

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha

beserk

Regular
View attachment 33447
How many in total are for or against I do not know.
We don't know what that means or what impact it may have that's why I didn't put it out. As Semmel already pointed out it can be a smoke candle to be clearly against it, knowing that the way is different.
They can object like anyone else but I don't think they are a decisive voice that can decide. They make policy.

Moreover, they show their mother party how they have done their homework, namely not at all. When an extreme splinter party like F! makes such a regional policy then that is one thing. When a large established party does so it shows that they don't want to show what they are really thinking and that it is of national, European and global significance. The small citizen does not need to know everything he would not understand it anyway could perhaps be their thinking. Maybe they have already signalled to their party comrades that it is only about public relations for their voters. I don't think this has any influence on the process and certainly not on the court's decision.
As mentioned, they can appeal if the mother party goes along with it. Nor do I trust the social democrats not to see what is at stake and only to consider privileged reindeer herders. But I have explained that in detail. NS is not in the transit area. So what could it be about. Local coterie and vested interests and that under cover and lots of colour by ignoring the relevant information.
I go back and forth on whether Talga in Sweden should have done more education in the media and explained what the overarching meaning is. Then politicians would not have been able to exploit this knowledge gap as they did here in Kiruna. On the other hand, it could have been interpreted as propaganda by a foreign capitalist exploiter.
I for one think that the people who make decisions need to be informed. The free and interested citizen can do that if he wants to. He only needs to go to our homepage and follow the media and assessments that do not come from us. Everyone else is beyond help.
Wait and see and drink tea.

Well on the local political scene the ruling Coalition of Social Democrats, with 19 mandates, supported by the Feminists and Sámi lista, with a total of 6 mandates, are split in the question of graphite mining. The leader of the Social Democrats Mats Taaveniku, Council Chairman, is pro mining. The Fem and Sámi are dead set against. Center party, Liberals, and Moderates are pro mining. The right wing populist Sweden Democrats are pragmatic and will side with whomever gives them most concessions.

So in reality it boils down to the two factions of the Social Democrats, the one of the Chairman of Municipal council and the other by Kenneth Nilsson of Vittangi.

But the whole resistance at Council level might be moot since they realise that they will be steamrolled by the pro mining Swedish Government, comprised of Moderates+Center+Liberal+ Christian Democrats. Complicated by its reliance on support by the Sweden Democrats.

And on top of that we have EU with its CRM Act and Sweden having the presidency of the EU council for H1 2023.

Confused? Or clear as buillion as we say in Swedish...klart som korvspad!

-beserk

Last edited:
  • Love

Semmel

Regular
Confused? Or clear as buillion as we say in Swedish...klart som korvspad!

-beserk

Or "klar wie Kloßbrühe" as we say in Germany. :)

• Fire
I thought this was going to the Supreme Court but apparently not as per from last week's judgement

The Land and Environment Court's partial judgment can be appealed within three weeks to the Land and Environment Court at the Svea Court of Appeal

Does the Svea denote it's the Land and Environment Court of the Swedes (aka Supreme Court ) ?

Where is @beserk when you need him/her ?

And then this..........http://greenaccess.law.osaka-u.ac.jp/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/R27_A.M.Andersson.pdf

The practical handling of cases in the Land and Environment Court of Appeal
• Procedure mainly in writing
• Investigations on site
• Presentation of cases
• 500 cases pending
• Leave to appeal rate (24 %)
• Timely review

More information here although a little old.....

Last edited:

beserk

Regular
Where is @beserk when you need him/her ?
Here I am had to finish of something else..
Now lets see this is info on Svea hovrätt...på hjältarnas och ärans språk

Screenshot_20230412_143353_Chrome.jpg

Essentially I think this is a middle instance and the Högsta domstolen SC is the next one upp. BUT for every step on the ladder the aggrieved party has to find another legal ground to argue. It is a slippery slope and costa mucho dinero...

IMHO the Talga case is still going to head up to SC due to the blocked position adopted by the Talma elite reindeer owners and the final legal argument will be had on the International laws protecting Indigenous populations like the Sámi and their cultural practises. Then comes the organised protests in the streets of Luleå or Stockholm with or without St Greta.

At least we wont see herds of reindeer in the streets of Luleå. They have started their long migration to the calf birthing areas north of Lake Torne träsk.

And Elvis has truly left the building on a smoky and noisy snowmobile leading Prancer and Dancer and Bomber and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blizen along the ancient migratory paths.

Quite the caravan!

-beserk

Last edited:
Here I am had to finish of something else..
Now lets see this is info on Svea hovrätt...på hjältarnas och ärans språk

View attachment 34105

Essentially I think this is a middle instance and the Högsta domstolen SC is the next one upp. BUT for every step on the ladder the aggrieved party has to find another legal ground to argue. It is a slippery slope and costa mucho dinero...

IMHO the Talga case is still going to head up to SC due to the blocked position adopted by the Talma elite reindeer owners and the final legal argument will be had on the International laws protecting Indigenous populations like the Sámi and their cultural practises. Then comes the organised protests in the streets of Luleå or Stockholm with or without St Greta.

At least we wont see herds of reindeer in the streets of Luleå. They have started their long migration to the calf birthing areas north of Lake Torne träsk.

And Elvis has truly left the building on a smoky and noisy snowmobile leading Prancer and Dancer and Bomber and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blizen along the ancient migratory paths.

Quite the caravan!

-beserk
Well if it is heading towards the Supreme Court we are looking at a delay of another year.

Why would we be subjected to international law when the recent permits of others were not or were they?

F**k we will have solid state by the time we get into production

cosors

👀
Yes Kenneth Nilsson lives in Vittangi and he and a band of brothers and sisters are dead set against mining activity around Vittangi area. This picture is from a strategy meeting that took place in Vittangi 12 months ago with the Anti Talga brigade.

View attachment 33365

And Kenneth is not a Same or own any reindeer. He is a member of the local Social Democrats in Kiruna municipal council.

Mats Taaveniku is a voice of reason and I have been exchanging emails with him. He is the leader of the Social Democrats in Kiruna. Since the Swedish election in September last year Mats is the Kiruna municipal council Chairman.

The Left party, Feminist Initiativ, and the Sami party and part of the Social Democrats lead by Kenneth are our antagonists.

-beserk
If Mats is a voice of reason I'm even more curious to see how the battle between the two will turn out. Unfortunately, no matter where in the press everything in the debate is behind a paywall. The one on the right from the Liberals was at our opening ceremony and there he sharply attacked the Social Democrats in Kiruna. Unfortunately all behind PW. You have to pay for this theatre LoL

Taaveniku on Pehrson's play: "Terrible overstepping"​

1695121081653.png

Mats Taaveniku, Kiruna's social democratic municipal councilor, now responds to Pehrson's statement about the local party's work on the mining issue in Vittangi."
https://nsd.se/bli-prenumerant/artikel/jo2e118l/nsd-bd-0kr-dp_week

Last edited:

Monkeymandan

Regular
If Mats is a voice of reason I'm even more curious to see how the battle between the two will turn out. Unfortunately, no matter where in the press everything in the debate is behind a paywall. The one on the right from the Liberals was at our opening ceremony and there he sharply attacked the Social Democrats in Kiruna. Unfortunately all behind PW. You have to pay for this theatre LoL

Taaveniku on Pehrson's play: "Terrible overstepping"​

View attachment 44919
Mats Taaveniku, Kiruna's social democratic municipal councilor, now responds to Pehrson's statement about the local party's work on the mining issue in Vittangi."
https://nsd.se/bli-prenumerant/artikel/jo2e118l/nsd-bd-0kr-dp_week

Anyway, the threat of the mining plan being used as a tool to block the mine doesn’t keep me awake at night. Once the Supreme Court appeal pathway is exhausted, no will in the world could stop this thing.

Obstructing the mining plan would frankly be an abuse of power and political suicide.

• Love