PERMITS

cosors

👀
Thanks 😌

I think every contribution is important. A good atmosphere is also part of it. I have no problem at all with posts that are only loosely related to the topic or only opinions about other things. We are here so few that it doesn't matter. Of course, I can't expect that, I can only hope for it. I think what happened yesterday is important, but it's also controversial.

Would you rather wait for the democratic process within this party? Maybe they will heal themselves and solve the problem.

Or would you rather, like Talga, no longer take this into consideration, save time but also harden the fronts?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks 😌

I think every contribution is important. A good atmosphere is also part of it. I have no problem at all with posts that are only loosely related to the topic or only opinions about other things We are here so few that it doesn't matter. Of course, I can't expect that, I can only hope for it. I think what happened yesterday is important, but it's also controversial.

Would you rather wait for the democratic process within this party? Maybe they will heal themselves and solve the problem.

Or would you rather, like Talga, no longer take this into consideration, save time but also harden the fronts?
Hi cosors,

That's what I'm concerned about - hardened fronts. Some fence-sitters may take it amiss that, despite all our bridge-building with the locals, an upstart Australian despoiler adopts such a high-handed approach to bypass the local community.

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
Hi cosors,

That's what I'm concerned about - hardened fronts. Some fence-sitters may take it amiss that, despite all our bridge-building with the locals, an upstart Australian despoiler adopts such a high-handed approach to bypass the local community.
You've chosen exactly the right words for them.
That was also my first thought. But when I weigh it up, it's no longer so simple. It's not just the board, investors and backers who are gradually running out of patience.
I thought the no vote was valid with the last election. The information from Mr Taaveniku is new to me. How would Talga have known that? Perhaps the statement is to be understood differently and that he would rather take himself out of the firing line and signalise that he stands for the political process as council chairman. It must be unpleasant for him to be dragged onto the stage like that.
But then these are really deep levels of local politics for me. beserk will shed some light to it.

The party colleague and loyal follower and the feminist party cannot be moved in this respect. They would always vote the same way no matter what Mr Taaveniku says to them or EN their former minister. They three belong to the same party. EN may not even have to leave the building or even cross the road to speak to both party colleagues. Even if PEL certainly has the last word in this matter. He has decades of experience in these matters.

I understand your approach and it was the first thing that also popped into my head. Then I looked for an alternative and saw none as I, like probably everyone else, knew nothing about this date. Maybe the info was in some of the articles behind PW? I didn't know whether this is the 'usual' way anyway.
I can't imagine against that background that Talga made the decision lightly. With Eva Nordmark, they now have someone in the board who can make the best judgement for this specific case and for her it would have been at least two calls.
That's why I decided to find it well, very well! Talga has been waiting four years for this plan! There is too much time already wasted and far too much at stake, too many jobs, families, newly established existences, new businesses, Europe and the supply chain, OEMs who are waiting and have no planning security, the climate...

I'm almost looking forward to the activity. Everyone is used to not being allowed to defend themselves against the stubbornness. This is just the first tiny little moment where someone will feel bypassed. The CRMA is coming, these cases are increasing and they are getting bigger, much bigger than here. It's their own fault. The community felt compelled. As with Natura2000, which was meant to be positive and was then established as a weapon against the Green Deal in Sweden by those just as stubborn as in Kiruna.

Sh**! I was just about to say, luckily here in the bar...😶‍🌫️

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

beserk

Regular
The Kiruna municipality can be bypassed by the government - detailed plan. That's exactly the pass they're going now to save time. The friendly one from the same party is in favour of the internal party process and a vote on the 25th.
But Talga doesn't want to take that time. That's right I think!
If the almost hopeless appeal at the Supreme Court is rejected, this obstacle to wasting time will probably no longer exist. I love this activity!
Yes I think this is the way to go. To let the big guns ie the Government, join the firing line around this fought over territory. The present Swedish Government has a solid majority that is for a responsible development of natural resources while protecting the environment.

So the reindeer in Fosen, Norway can be joined by the reindeer in Talma, Sweden in coexisting with new clean and green energy capture and storage technologies.

And there is presedens for Government intervention, in this Area both during the drawing of the National Border separating Norway from Sweden and later the Cultivation border.

A thought struck me. Maybe I could be a amateur researcher on my upcoming trip to the North. To collect historical documents from the visit of Goverment officials to these parts of the boreal Arctic of Norrbotten along the Torne river, always in use by different people, including Sami and Finnish settlers, for different purposes. And the multi use of the land by Settler and Sami alike has since time immemoral been divided in time and space.

The western border of the Area of reindeer husbandry and fishing and hunting, was drawn in 1751 roughly following the water divide separating Norway from Sweden, along the Scandes mountain range, by the National Border Commission that travelled through the Area and obviously weren't concerned with the Talma reindeers yearly migration up the Torne river valley to grazing lands in mountain meadows across the Norwegian border.

In 1867 another Swedish Government commission did lend an ear to the wishes of the Sami, but equally to the Settlers in Vittangi, in the south eastern Area of multi use of the natural resources.

And consequently, drew the Cultivation border, meant to separate the grazing reindeer lands from the farming settler community 15 km upstream of Vittangi.

There are historical document from both expeditions. Including interviews with the local populations of Sami and Settlers. And in Vittangi there are local historians among the settler families that have got more insight in what happened at the Border Commissioners visit to Vittangi by 1867.

The document I had in mind would complement the report submitted recently by the Luleå University historians to enlighten the circumstances surrounding the case raised by Talma Sami in the High Court re their proposed exclusive right of use of this multi use land for hunting, fishing and reindeer husbandry .

1000013726.jpg

The Talma Sami, as I mentioned already, claim to be Lords of All the land along the Torne river valley from the Norwegian border in North west to Vittangi, 180 km downstream the river. Including the Area of multi use, bordered by Torne and Vittangi rivers where Talga has found Graphite.

Only 60 more sleeps to go before I take the giant leap to my Northern hunting and fishing grounds,

I can't wait to see the mighty Torne River flowing past the village of my ancestors again.

No worries

Beserk

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
Yes I think this is the way to go. To let the big guns ie the Government, join the firing line around this fought over territory. The present Swedish Government has a solid majority that is for a responsible development of natural resources while protecting the environment.

So the reindeer in Fosen, Norway can be joined by the reindeer in Talma, Sweden in coexisting with new clean and green energy capture and storage technologies.

And there is presedens for Government intervention, in this Area both during the drawing of the National Border separating Norway from Sweden and later the Cultivation border.

A thought struck me. Maybe I could be a amateur researcher on my upcoming trip to the North. To collect historical documents from the visit to these parts of the boreal Arctic of Norrbotten along the Torne river, that have always been used by different people, including Sami and Finnish settlers , for different purposes. And the multi use of the land by Settler and Sami alike has since time immemoral been divided in time and space.

The western border of the Area of reindeer husbandry and fishing and hunting, was drawn in 1751 roughly following the water divide separating Norway from Sweden, along the Scandes mountain range, by the National Border Commission that travelled through the Area and obviously didn't consider the Talma and reindeers yearly march up the Torne river valley to grazing land in mountain meadows across the Norwegian border.

In 1867 another Swedish Government commission, on the other hand, did lend an ear to the wishes of the Sami, but equally to the Settlers in Vittangi, in the south eastern Area of multi use of the natural resources.

And consequently, drew the Cultivation border, that was meant to separate the grazing reindeer from the farming settler community 15 km upstream of Vittangi.

There are historical document from both expeditions. Including interviews with the local populations of Sami and Settlers. And in Vittangi there are local historians among the settlers that have got more insight in what happened at the visit to Vittangi by the 1867 commission.

The document I had in mind would complement the report submitted recently by the Luleå University historians for the case raised by Talma Sami in the High Court regarding their proposed exclusive right of use of this multi use land for hunting, fishing and reindeer husbandry .

The Talma Sami, as I mentioned already, claim to be Lords of All the land along the Torne river valley from the Norwegian border in North west to Vittangi 180 km downstream the river. Including the Area of multi use, bordered by Torne and Vittangi rivers where Talga has found Graphite.

Only 60 more sleeps to go before I take the giant leap to my Northern hunting and fishing grounds,

I can't wait to see the mighty Torne River flowing past the village of my ancestors again.

No worries

Beserk
Hi beserk!
That sounds like a fantastic idea and exciting at the same time!
I think Per-Erik Lindvall in Lulea could be the right person to talk to about these findings. I can give you his home address, just chat to me, if you like. He seems very likeable. The municipality should have an openly accessible archive. If in doubt, you should be able to find everything at the Lulean University.
Even I am curious. I'm happy for you! Finally back home where your roots are and grounding yourself again.
I find history very interesting and often ask my brother, who is a historian.

Best regards

cosors
______
Will you be travelling via Luelea Airport or directly from Stockholm to Kiruna by train? Or will you take a hire car?
Not that it's any of my business. It's just my usual curiosity.

Last edited:

beserk

Regular
Hi beserk!
That sounds like a fantastic idea and exciting at the same time!
I think Per-Erik Lindvall in Lulea could be the right person to talk to about these findings. I can give you his home address, just chat to me, if you like. He seems very likeable. The municipality should have an openly accessible archive. If in doubt, you should be able to find everything at the Lulean University.
Even I am curious. I'm happy for you! Finally back home where your roots are and grounding yourself again.
I find history very interesting and often ask my brother, who is a historian.

Best regards

cosors
______
Will you be travelling via Luelea Airport or directly from Stockholm to Kiruna by train? Or will you take a hire car?
Not that it's any of my business. It's just my usual curiosity.
Cosors I am flying into Copenhagen. Then taking the train under the Sound to Malmö in Sweden. Staying a few days down south with my daughter. Then to Stockholm by train to visit other relatives. Finally catching a Norwegian flight to Luleå. And I own a car in Luleå that my brother is using when I'm not there. Will use it to go to Kiruna via the ancestral village of Vittangi.

Yes you got me excited! It is all happening!

• Love

cosors

👀
This article provides some interesting new insights into the reasons.

1710583649739.png

"Talga wants to boost Kiruna municipality​

The global mining company Talga, which wants to mine graphite in Nunasvaara in Kiruna municipality, is writing to the government requesting a planning injunction so that Kiruna municipality can finalise a new local plan that has been delayed.
14 mars 2024 kl 15:00 Updated: 14 mars 2024 kl 17:02

According to Talga, Kiruna municipality's slowness threatens the project where graphite will be mined in Nunasvaara outside Vittangi and then refined into material for battery anodes in a factory in Luleå on the Gulf of Bothnia coast.
The mining company has therefore submitted a request for a planning order to the Ministry of Rural Affairs and Infrastructure. The request is for the government to order the municipality of Kiruna to adopt a new local plan that has been in the pipeline for several years. A new local plan is required to authorise a mining industry in the area.

Planning permission was granted as early as October 2020 and was expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2022. However, the process has been delayed several times. In early 2024, the local plan and review documents were finalised by municipal officials and submitted for political decisions. However, the matter was then withdrawn from the municipal council's agenda and has now been postponed again. So Talga, with the help of the government, wants to give the municipality a boost.

"Talga's mine at Nunasvaara South is a designated national interest with a critical and strategic raw material for the EU and has been granted an environmental permit after being assessed by an independent court. We hope that through a planning order the government can help all parties to get a local plan in place and thus ensure that the green transition is not delayed," says Talga's CEO Martin Phillips in a press release.

The graphite deposit in Nunasvaara is one of the best in the world. Talga expects to extract 16% of the EU's demand for natural graphite by 2030. Today, China controls more than 90% of the value chain for battery graphite anodes. A year ago, the Land and Environment Court granted Talga permission to mine 120,000 tonnes of graphite per year in Nunasvaara.

Australia's Talga Group, which includes Sweden's Talga AB, is a global mining company that mines and enriches graphite ore into graphite and graphene products, which are used in the manufacture of environmentally friendly solutions in batteries, carbon fiber composites and in the coating of many materials for increased sustainability."

(y)
This goes a little further than just a vote.
And Talga can't just stand idly by and watch something like this happen, over years.

Last edited:
  • Fire

cosors

👀
Hi cosors,

"Talga has previously turned to the government on the matter because the company believes that the municipality has delayed the process with the detailed plan.

Kiruna Municipality plans to cancel Talga's plans for a grafite mine​

Published today at 10.34
  • Kiruna Municipality is planning to discontinue work on developing a detailed plan for the company Talga's investment in a graphite mine outside Vittangi.
  • Municipal councillor and Social Democrat Mats Taaveniku says, among other things, that the company's mining plans are too short-sighted."

Talga's move was therefore completely right. And I think this politician played a double game and was rightly sharply attacked by the Minister of Labour.
I am not upset. This has been apparent for a very long time, which is why Talga felt compelled to act. I suspect to know what the government wants and I also know an ex-minister on Talga's board; from the same party that is now playing this game.
You surmised that Talga's decision to approach the government could harden the fronts.
But as the community leader is now openly stating, he thought Talga's mining plans were too short-sighted all along, for two years.
So to the Talga board one 👍 from me and be careful when it comes to Kiruna politicians. They have now dropped the mask.

I don't even wonder what he means by short-sighted. In my opinion that's not his point. It's just a pretence to save face in his community.

Last edited:
  • Wow

cosors

👀
"Talga has previously turned to the government on the matter because the company believes that the municipality has delayed the process with the detailed plan.

Published today at 10.34
  • Kiruna Municipality is planning to discontinue work on developing a detailed plan for the company Talga's investment in a graphite mine outside Vittangi.
  • Municipal councillor and Social Democrat Mats Taaveniku says, among other things, that the company's mining plans are too short-sighted."

Talga's move was therefore completely right. And I think this politician played a double game and was rightly sharply attacked by the Minister of Labour.
I am not upset. This has been apparent for a very long time, which is why Talga felt compelled to act. I suspect to know what the government wants and I also know an ex-minister on Talga's board; from the same party that is now playing this game.
You surmised that Talga's decision to approach the government could harden the fronts.
But as the community leader is now openly stating, he thought Talga's mining plans were too short-sighted all along, for two years.
So to the Talga board one 👍 from me and be careful when it comes to Kiruna politicians. They have now dropped the mask.

I don't even wonder what he means by short-sighted. In my opinion that's not his point. It's just a pretence to save face in his community.
"Kiruna says no to Talga: "signal to the government"
The political majority wants to stop the planning process for Talga in Vittangi. "This is a signal to the government that we will be sceptical about new establishments until we get a more equitable distribution of the values we create", says Mats Taaveniku (S).
1711448569130.png

Wants to put pressure on the government. Kiruna municipal councillor Mats Taaveniku (S).
The municipal government's working committee proposes to the municipal government not to proceed with the detailed planning process for Talga's establishment. This was decided at Monday's meeting of the working committee. According to the councillor, this is the first time that the majority has officially said no to the mining company: "The majority has now decided to say no to the detailed plan for Talga. So the..."
rest behind PW

I just shake my head and leave the subject alone. The ball is in the government's court.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Published today at 10.34

I think he's talking about the proposed increase in annual tonnage ... and he wants a bigger slice of the pie.

Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
I think he's talking about the proposed increase in annual tonnage ... and he wants a bigger slice of the pie.
He could have had it. I think if they had just asked, Talga would have just asked back - how much do you think about?
I don't believe this politician anymore. These are just pretence reasons. If they were interested, they could have sorted it out a year ago.
Maybe the pretty boy (?) is just a bit offended that he was bypassed and this is now the receipt, sulking in the corner.

In contrast to these politicians, the matter has a serious background for Sami that I can even understand. The taxes are so ridiculously low that it doesn't really matter. A long time ago I had thought about what it would be like if Talga voluntarily paid higher taxes.

But as I said, I no longer believe in what this politician is saying and think it's just a pretence. Perhaps they have such an unreal demand in mind that they know full well that it will never happen. He said it himself, they can't stop the mine. So they're delaying it as best they can. They don't care about the climate either.

From now on, my focus is on the government. I should have a look round the government page 🧐

Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
"From the exploration licence to the mine
This section describes the steps from the exploration licence to mining. What licences are required and what rights and obligations are associated with the licences.
The application includes an environmental impact assessment, which is reviewed by the district administration and the municipality. If the mine operator and the district administration do not reach an agreement on land use, the government makes the decision.
..."
https://www.sgu.se/bergsstaten/lagstiftning/fran-undersokningstillstand-till-gruva/

Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
from history

"The government runs over the county administrative board

10 May 2012

The government gives the go-ahead for mining in Tapuli in Pajala municipality. The county administrative board, which has rejected the detailed plan for the mine, has not been able to show that it will cause harm to the health and safety of local residents, according to the government.

"This is an important decision, both for Pajala municipality and for the whole of Norrbotten. With today's decision, the mine can be developed into a full-scale operation", says Minister for Housing Stefan Attefall in a press release.

The basis of our journalism is credibility and impartiality. Sveriges Radio is independent in relation to political, religious, economic, public and private special interests."

The article below is about Talga and the Kiruna county administrative board.)

"The municipality's tactics behind a favourable planning decision to LKAB
Henrik Ölvebo believes that the municipal council has opted for a pragmatic approach when it comes to the development plan in eastern Malmberget. A planning process is now underway in which everyone has the opportunity to make their voice heard. "All residents, interest groups, associations and relevant authorities will have the opportunity to express their opinions," he said.
Photo: Linus Nilsson
Faced with the imminent threat of being overrun by the government, Gällivare Municipal Council has decided to give LKAB a favourable decision on a detailed development plan for the controversial area to the east of Malmberget. "I don't trust the government on this issue," says local councillor Henrik Ölvebo (MP).
15 February 2024 - 10:00

The mining company has stated that a detailed development plan specifically for the mining operation is necessary to avoid delays in the new environmental permit, which covers the entire mining operation in Malmberget and the new Hybrit initiative.Last autumn, LKAB applied to the government for an injunction for part of the area where the houses have already been demolished." rest behind PW

So it is a known 'threat'.

_________
"LKAB turns to the government to resolve dispute with Kiruna municipality
News 13 May 2020 Text:

- "Through the actions of the municipality, we have ended up in an extreme situation where we can quickly be forced to halve production and give notice to 500 employees. This situation must be resolved and it must be resolved quickly, says Jan Moström, CEO of LKAB, who in a letter to the Ministry of Finance requests that the government intervenes with a planning injunction against Kiruna municipality.

The mining company believes that the municipality is delaying the adoption of a detailed plan for an area that is affected by ore mining through fracturing. In order for production to continue as planned, the land must be converted by the municipality to land for industrial purposes in the detailed plan. Without an adopted detailed plan, the company risks violating the environmental conditions established by the Land and Environment Court if production continues.

- There are no ambiguities about the detailed plan and it has been prepared by officials and ready for decision since last year. But adoption has been delayed and linked to a long list of demands and requests from the municipality. "We cannot participate in a negotiation on the exercise of public authority. It is contrary to our ethical rules and, in our judgement, may be a violation of the law," says Jan Moström.

According to LKAB, the letter to the government is made under the Planning and Building Act and to protect the national interest of the Swedish mining industry."

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
The other topic of improving the approval process. I didn't know these documents yet.
Talga should actually be paid for the work helping to rectify the mistakes of the previous governments. 🤭

"To:
Government Offices
Ministry of Climate and Economic Affairs

E-mail: kn.xxx@regeringskansliet.se Copy: lxxx.lxxx-pxxx@regeringskansliet.se

Consultation response to the memorandum Natura 2000 permit when applying for an exploitation concession under the Minerals Act (Ds 2023:5).

Summary​

Talga welcomes the investigation and wholeheartedly supports the intention of the proposed changes. We also welcome further changes to the permit system in Sweden that make it possible to approve admissible new mines within a reasonable time. We note that the permits for Talga's first planned Swedish mine Nunasvaara södra are now in the fifth year of formal processes without a final decision.
Unreasonably long authorisation processes cannot be accepted as they risk unnecessarily thwarting investments for Sweden. Talga notes that part of the delay in granting the permit for Nunasvaara South is due to legislative procedures that prohibit the authorities from processing permits in parallel under the Minerals Act and the Environmental Code.
Talga is in favour of the assessment of Natura 2000 permits, in cases where such a permit is required, not having to be carried out in connection with the assessment of the application for a processing concession under the Minerals Act (1991:45).
The rule changes should enter into force as soon as possible, which would facilitate the finalisation of currently ongoing authorisation processes that are ready for decision.

Talga's positions​

• Talga supports that the Minerals Act, as proposed on page 77 of the memorandum, refers to Chapter 3 and Chapter 4, sections 2-7 of the Environmental Code instead of the entire Chapter 3-4 of the Environmental Code. The direct reference to Chapter 4. Section 8 of the Environmental Code is thereby removed. This means that any Natura 2000 assessment can be carried out in connection with the assessment of the environmental permit. In this way, the Natura 2000 assessment can be carried out when the entire scope of a project is known and the EU law requirements for a complete, precise and final assessment can thus be met.
The investigator appears to have made the judgement that the reference to Chapter 4, section 1 of the Environmental Code can be deleted, but the proposed legislation still refers to Chapter 4, sections 1-7 of the Environmental Code. Even if it is clear what the purpose of the investigator's amendments is, this may be unclear from a legal point of view since Chapter 4, section 1 of the Environmental Code refers to Chapter 4, section 8 of the Environmental Code. Section 8 of the Environmental Code.

In order to avoid future objections of a purely formal nature, Talga proposes that it be clarified in the Minerals Act that Chapter 4, Section 8 of the Environmental Code shall not be applied in the assessment of processing licences. 8 of the Environmental Code shall not be applied in the assessment of a processing licence, despite the fact that Chapter 4, Section 1 of the same Act refers to this provision.

Rapporteur's proposal for the legal textTalga's draft legislative text
Chapter 4, section 2, third paragraph of the Minerals Act (stated as the second paragraph in the memorandum).
In matters concerning the granting of a licence, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, sections 1-7 and Chapter 5, section 18 of the Environmental Code shall apply.
Chapter 4, section 2, third paragraph of the Minerals Act (stated as the second paragraph in the memorandum).
In matters concerning the granting of a licence, Chapters 3, 4, Sections 1-7 and 5, Chapter 18 of the Environmental Code shall apply. This applies with the exception of the reference made in Chapter 4, section 1 of the Environmental Code to Chapter 4, section 8 of the same Act. Section 8 of the same Act.

A corresponding addition should also be made in other parts of the Minerals Act where reference is made to Chapter 4, section 1 of the Environmental Code.

Chapter 4, section 2, fifth paragraph of the Minerals Act states that, in cases of granting a processing licence, a specific environmental assessment must be carried out in accordance with Chapter 6, sections 28-46 of the Environmental Code. With reference to the fact that the examination of an exploitation licence only concerns a few individual chapters of the Environmental Code, it is doubtful whether it is reasonable to require a specific environmental assessment to be produced. At present, it is often required that the environmental impact assessment that is prepared prior to the assessment of a processing licence should contain information that cannot be considered relevant to what is to be assessed.

In order to clarify that the environmental impact assessment should only contain information that is relevant to the licence assessment, Talga proposes that the following amendment be made to the Minerals Act:

Current wordingTalga's proposed wording
Chapter 4, section 2, fifth paragraph
In cases of granting a licence, a specific environmental assessment must be carried out, information must be provided and coordination must take place in accordance with Chapter 6, sections 28-46 of the Environmental Code.
Chapter 4, section 2, fifth paragraph
In cases of granting a licence, a specific environmental assessment must be carried out, information must be provided and coordination must take place in accordance with Chapter 6, sections 28-46 of the Environmental Code.
The content of the environmental impact assessment can be limited to the information needed for the assessment.
the granting of a licence.

Such an amendment clarifies that the evidence should be relevant to what is actually to be assessed, which would lead to a more efficient authorisation process.

Talga believes that it is of the utmost importance that the proposed amendments enter into force earlier than the proposed date of 1 July 2024. There is no need for time to adjust between the adopted amendment and entry into force for any of the parties or interested parties. This would promote the completion of currently ongoing authorisation processes that are ready for decision.
This case was decided by Martin Phillips. Emma Själin and Peter French acted as rapporteurs."
https://www.regeringen.se/contentassets/6a6b5e9c3251438fa0668c8a1101aada/talga.pdf

more Infos - Talga involved:

Legislative Council referral
Natura 2000 permit in connection with an application
for a processing licence under the Minerals Act

The Government submits this referral to the Legislative Council.
Stockholm, 29 February 2024
Ebba Busch
https://www.regeringen.se/contentassets/0254ed4a667d4c0ea83588fc8f72753d/natura-2000-tillstand-i-samband-med-ansokan-om-bearbetningskoncession-enligt-minerallagen.pdf

I'll be honest with you. I don't feel like reading this - LoL.
now

Last edited:
  • Fire

cosors

👀
Legislative Council referral
Natura 2000 permit in connection with an application
for a processing licence under the Minerals Act

Ebba Busch
https://www.regeringen.se/contentassets/0254ed4a667d4c0ea83588fc8f72753d/natura-2000-tillstand-i-samband-med-ansokan-om-bearbetningskoncession-enligt-minerallagen.pdf

I'll be honest with you. I don't feel like reading this - LoL.
now
In addition to yesterday's issue and the fact that our case is on the government's desk for a decision, Talga's very good contacts can also have an impact on improving the processes too. I am at least tacitly assuming this.

1711528585255.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love

cosors

👀
"Kiruna says no to Talga: "signal to the government"
The political majority wants to stop the planning process for Talga in Vittangi. "This is a signal to the government that we will be sceptical about new establishments until we get a more equitable distribution of the values we create", says Mats Taaveniku (S).
View attachment 59905
Wants to put pressure on the government. Kiruna municipal councillor Mats Taaveniku (S).
The municipal government's working committee proposes to the municipal government not to proceed with the detailed planning process for Talga's establishment. This was decided at Monday's meeting of the working committee. According to the councillor, this is the first time that the majority has officially said no to the mining company: "The majority has now decided to say no to the detailed plan for Talga. So the..."
rest behind PW

I just shake my head and leave the subject alone. The ball is in the government's court.
If you look at the number of likes you will see that the decision is by no means representative. It seems to give the impression that the population doesn't really know what they are doing.

Top Bottom