PERMITS

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
I attached it a while ago. I’ve been requesting the file weekly to see if there is any movement. The last time I checked - the power of attorney was finalized/accepted as at 13/12.
Yes, I've just seen it too in The Bar. I blame the fact that I didn't register it properly on the evil evil alcohol at carnival. Luckily we blamed all our sins on the Nubbel (a doll) and burnt it with our sins afterwards; end of carnival.

Would you please post the link here as text?

Reactions: 1 users

Vigdorian

Regular
Yes, I've just seen it too in The Bar. I blame the fact that I didn't register it properly on the evil evil alcohol at carnival. Luckily we blamed all our sins on the Nubbel (a doll) and burnt it with our sins afterwards; end of carnival.

Would you please post the link here as text?
Do you mean convert it to word document and attach ? I can’t do it on my phone but I can do it tomorrow at work with pdf converter. On my end , I went to Google translate , uploaded the file and it translated it to English (that version is saved on my work computer).

I attached a file originally - I’m not sure why it created a hyperlink. Is that what you mean ?

cosors

👀
Do you mean convert it to word document and attach ? I can’t do it on my phone but I can do it tomorrow at work with pdf converter. On my end , I went to Google translate , uploaded the file and it translated it to English (that version is saved on my work computer).

I attached a file originally - I’m not sure why it created a hyperlink. Is that what you mean ?
I am interested in the source or URL or www-adress, from which server you got the document. No matter where I have searched with the case number, for example, I have not found anything.
Did you get the document directly from the Supreme Court?

But it doesn't matter if you keep us up to date.
That's exactly what I'm looking for. And today I was very confused because I found it in our forum! Because you did the work for us. Thank you very much for that!

Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
off topic
I have got into the habit of not putting such documents here in text form so that people do not find themselves here. My work around is I take the PDF and save each page individually under advanced settings. Then I open the PDF with the free app GIMP and under export to (not save as) I change the ending to jpg or png. This works very well and much better than the other ways described on the Internet. Unfortunately, MS Office cannot do this automatically.

Reactions: 3 users

Vigdorian

Regular
I am interested in the source or URL or www-adress, from which server you got the document. No matter where I have searched with the case number, for example, I have not found anything.
Did you get the document directly from the Supreme Court?

But it doesn't matter if you keep us up to date.
That's exactly what I'm looking for. And today I was very confused because I found it in our forum! Because you did the work for us. Thank you very much for that!
Yep - I got it directly from the Supreme Court and as of last week , there were no further additions to it. I’ll keep you posted if anything else shows up.

It’s nice to be able to offer something in return after years of being spoonfed information from our very own internet sleuth aka cosors. After all, I did follow you and Semmel here after pabs got under everyone’s skin lol

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Vigdorian

Regular
off topic
I have got into the habit of not putting such documents here in text form so that people do not find themselves here. My work around is I take the PDF and save each page individually under advanced settings. Then I open the PDF with the free app GIMP and under export to (not save as) I change the ending to jpg or png. This works very well and much better than the other ways described on the Internet. Unfortunately, MS Office cannot do this automatically.
I’m happy to delete the post if you think it attracts unwanted visitors . I did notice it came up in Google when I searched the case number...

Last edited:
I attached it a while ago. I’ve been requesting the file weekly to see if there is any movement. The last time I checked - the power of attorney was finalized/accepted as at 13/12.

I'd also be interested to know how to access the file directly if you're able to share.
I can't work it out how to find it from the domstol.se website even with the case number.

Vigdorian

Regular
I'd also be interested to know how to access the file directly if you're able to share.
I can't work it out how to find it from the domstol.se website even with the case number.
Hi curiousmagpie,

I sent an email to the below address to ask if a date has been set (assuming it’s public information) . The first time they replied that they don’t provide a timeline of decisions but when I rephrased my question they sent me the historical file so I just started asking for the file instead. It can’t be used to front run anyone but it’s interesting to see the activity which could potentially give something away …

hogsta.domstolen.enhet2@dom.se

Reactions: 5 users
Hang on so you guys/gals reckon they succeeded in getting the decision delayed by another month because a document was lacking signatures is that correct ?

Hi curiousmagpie,

I sent an email to the below address to ask if a date has been set (assuming it’s public information) . The first time they replied that they don’t provide a timeline of decisions but when I rephrased my question they sent me the historical file so I just started asking for the file instead. It can’t be used to front run anyone but it’s interesting to see the activity which could potentially give something away …

hogsta.domstolen.enhet2@dom.se
Ok thanks. I'll refrain from emailing then and wait for updates here.

On one hand it's reassuring to see that there is a lot of activity happening through the radio silence from the court (at least in 2023), but fuck me is that activity annoying. Confirms the intent to just delay delay delay.

JNRB

Regular
Hang on so you guys/gals reckon they succeeded in getting the decision delayed by another month because a document was lacking signatures is that correct ?
I think the implication is that's already happened.

cosors

👀

1713264442521.png

1713264469816.png

1713265570086.png

1713265597503.png

1713265616253.png

Case Ö 6624-23

law firm

Last edited:

cosors

👀
I'm still wondering what this could mean. Does anyone have any ideas? Unfortunately, I can't find an organisation chart that would help to understand.

1709803877812.png

original

1709803775687.png

Our case was transferred from Unit 2 to Special 3, that much seems clear.

But:
"Unit 2 deals with social cases, compulsory care cases, judicial reviews and so on."

3 is not even mentioned, it's so special. I don't know whether that's good, bad or irrelevant.

Once a case has been decided by the Court of Appeal, it can be appealed to the Supreme Court. The court first decides on leave to appeal, i.e. whether the case should be heard by the Supreme Court at all.
So the appeal seems to have been registered as a file after the formal examination and has been passed on to the relevant unit for processing since 8 December 2023?

Last edited:

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love

Vigdorian

Regular
I'm still wondering what this could mean. Does anyone have any ideas? Unfortunately, I can't find an organisation chart that would help to understand.

View attachment 58649

original

View attachment 58648

Our case was transferred from Unit 2 to Special 3, that much seems clear.

But:
"Unit 2 deals with social cases, compulsory care cases, judicial reviews and so on."

3 is not even mentioned, it's so special. I don't know whether that's good, bad or irrelevant.

Once a case has been decided by the Court of Appeal, it can be appealed to the Supreme Court. The court first decides on leave to appeal, i.e. whether the case should be heard by the Supreme Court at all.
So the appeal seems to have been registered as a file after the formal examination and has been passed on to the relevant unit for processing since 8 December 2023?
‘Special 3, JS 35 is an administrative code for the clerk assigned to the case.’

Apologies if this has already been posted

Probationary license - yes or no?

In order for the Supreme Administrative Court to hear a case, it is required that the court issues a leave to appeal in the case. The Supreme Administrative Court receives approximately 7,000 cases each year, but only 1-2 percent receive leave to appeal. What is the basis for the court's assessment of whether the case should be granted leave to appeal or not?

When a case comes to the court, it is registered at one of the court's three processing units, all of which specialize in different types of cases. A legal secretary then makes an initial investigation and a preliminary assessment of whether the case may be relevant for permission to appeal. If the secretary of justice judges that leave to appeal may be relevant, the case is preferred before three justices. If not, the case is preferred to a justice council. Even in that case, the Council of Justice can decide that the case should be preferred to three Council of Justice.

Need for guidance (precedent)

The Supreme Administrative Court is a precedent instance, which means that the court's mission is to provide guidance on legal issues that authorities and the administrative and appellate courts around the country need guidance on. This is a difference in relation to the administrative courts and the appellate courts, which have to judge about the cases who come into these courts have the right outcome.
Central to whether a case should be granted leave to appeal is whether there is a need for a precedent regarding the issue at hand in the case.

The issue in the case must therefore concern a legal issue in which the authorities and courts need guidance.

The fact that there is a lack of practice or that there is appellate court practice that is spreading due to the fact that the appellate courts have ruled differently on a certain issue may be a reason for the Supreme Administrative Court to grant leave to appeal.

On the other hand, the fact that there is new legislation in progress concerning the issue speaks against leave to appeal because the value of a precedent in that case is soon overplayed.

The Supreme Administrative Court's mission to provide guidance in legal matters means that it may be interesting as a precedent which evidentiary requirements should generally apply in a certain type of case, but not whether an individual person or an authority meets the evidentiary requirements in an individual case.

For a guiding ruling to be clear, the case itself must be suitable to use as a precedent. The fact that a case contains unclear circumstances or evidentiary issues therefore speaks against granting leave to appeal in the case.

New circumstances or new evidence are generally not something that can be taken up in a precedent instance.

Special reasons

In addition to when guidance is needed on a certain issue, the Supreme Administrative Court can grant leave to appeal in one more situation, namely if there are special reasons. Extraordinary reasons for leave to appeal may be that the outcome in the Court of Appeal is due to a gross oversight or mistake that is not attributable to the legal assessment. For example, it could be that the court has applied the wrong law or that a decision has been made by someone who did not have the authority to make the decision. Probation due to special reasons is very rare, it is only announced once a year.

If leave to appeal is not notified

A decision not to grant leave to appeal cannot be appealed. Through the Supreme Administrative Court's decision not to grant leave to appeal, the case is finally decided and this means that the decision of the lower instance applies. A decision that the Supreme Administrative Court does not grant leave to appeal should not be interpreted as the Supreme Administrative Court, or the members of the judiciary who sign the decision, agreeing with the lower instances' assessment.

Plus our assumption that there is a 4 month time frame is not really true according to the Court

Decision making and forwarding

Once the justice has signed the final decision, a court clerk forwards the judgment or decision to the parties. Since the Supreme Administrative Court is the highest instance, you cannot appeal the court's decisions.

How long it takes from the time a case arrives at the Supreme Administrative Court until a decision is made varies from case to case. Some factors that influence are how extensive or legally complicated a case is, whether the case receives leave to appeal and the work situation at the court. It is therefore not possible to specify any definite time within which a certain goal will be preferred or decided.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

Semmel

Regular
We will just have to suck it up. Nothing we can do.

Reactions: 4 users

beserk

Regular
Thanks to WTM for translating the document on the process to submit a case for the trial in the Swedish Supreme Court including the issuing of leave to appeal a case applicable to the Talga case.

I have been thinking about how the strict Swedish environmental protection laws are going to interact with the EU wide laws being introduced in the framework of the Critical Raw Materials Act.

The Swedish environmental lobby or mainly people that are concerned about so called " Green colonialism" have raised the warning flags for these proposed new EU wide laws. The laws are in the process of being enacted in the first half of this year I beleive.

This new EU wide legislation would essentially over ride any blocking attempts by environmentalists and fall in line with the EU wide interest not to be relaying on Russia and China for raw materials, including Natural Graphite.

I found this para in the translation provided illuminating and potentially interesting.

"On the other hand, the fact that there is new legislation in progress concerning the issue speaks against leave to appeal because the value of a precedent in that case is soon overplayed."

So maybe the Supreme Court of Sweden is holding out on the enacting of legislation in Brussels on Critical Raw Materials, which will include the mining and industrial processing within EU borders of Natural Graphite to battery components.

No worries

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom