Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Affenhorst

Regular
Good Morning GIF

Anyone remember this show? 😂
I recently sent a picture of him to a girl, offering help taking care of her foster cats. She's ten years younger than me. She neither got the joke, nor did she appreciate it much when I elaborated.

IMG-20230718-WA0001.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
The EU can breathe a collective sigh of relief. Permission granted for a single family dwelling despite the partial loss of ocean view to a neighbouring property. Phewee.

00A04E34-C13A-49F7-AE11-4B8E2567B3B0.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
Hopefully this may mark the start of a continual flow of judgements now though 🤞🤞🤞

• Fire

brewm0re

Regular
Hopefully this may mark the start of a continual flow of judgements now though 🤞🤞🤞
True Monkeymandan! Exactly 17 weeks ago today, there was an elated feeling when seeing the domstol website on the computer screen which was followed up with a nice volume of red wine. Hopefully as you say the ocean view property cases can be put to bed to then broom any rubbish appeals on the mining permits 😁

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hopefully as you say the ocean view property cases can be put to bed to then broom any rubbish appeals on the mining permits 😁
They are probably owned by fellow judges............................................F**k Me....................This waiting

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

ACinEur

Regular
So bored waiting I bought some more today … something has to happen surely… this waiting is really killing me…. There I feel better already having a vent !

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

ACinEur

Regular
Regardless of individual views on Nuclear power, One would think that if Sweden can OK Uranium mining, then Graphite is a ‘no brainer’

Attachments

• IMG_1007.jpeg
    IMG_1007.jpeg
    630.1 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Regardless of individual views on Nuclear power, One would think that if Sweden can OK Uranium mining, then Graphite is a ‘no brainer’
Greta had clearly spoken out against the exit

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
Today, during my walk through Sweden, I noticed that many are back from vacation. The court is handling more cases and the mining magazines are publishing more articles again. Now, new information should come soon, besides the big one we are all waiting for.
Don't overlook one thing: besides the permit we are all waiting for, the processing concession is still pending which would have been rejected first because the Natura2000 was still missing. We have it in our pocket for a longer time now. Only with these two can we go to the step of the detailed plan and finally the ceremonial opening by the chief of Bergstaaten. That's how I understand it.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
Just a reminder from me to rubbing hands with going to NASDAQ and doing so without a stable business. The chart starts with the NASDAQ. Of course, this is not the only reason for that:
Screenshot_2023-08-24-20-16-33-98_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Good point @cosors. On a completely different topic, and not to detract from your point at all, the reporting of percentage change on that graph highlights one of my pet peeves about how people educated in the US are so into fractions and don’t know how to report significant digits in real numbers. They especially struggle with percentages.

-1.7681% is just a completely ridiculous value to report. The end digits “681” are a consequence of a calculation and are not significant at all. They just confuse the data.

-1.8% would have been sufficient and actually would have conveyed the intended meaning; better IMHO.

The price being reported to hundredths of cents is equally misleading and is completely unnecessary.

Americans do the same when converting to metric. e.g. I’ve seen things such as— 2 miles (3.21869 km). The 2 isn’t exact so why report it to the centimetre? 3.2km wouldn’t even be scientifically correct, but it would convey the intended meaning.

Reactions: 3 users
Good point @cosors. On a completely different topic, and not to detract from your point at all, the reporting of percentage change on that graph highlights one of my pet peeves about how people educated in the US are so into fractions and don’t know how to report significant digits in real numbers. They especially struggle with percentages.

-1.7681% is just a completely ridiculous value to report. The end digits “681” are a consequence of a calculation and are not significant at all. They just confuse the data.

-1.8% would have been sufficient and actually would have conveyed the intended meaning; better IMHO.

The price being reported to hundredths of cents is equally misleading and is completely unnecessary.

Americans do the same when converting to metric. e.g. I’ve seen things such as— 2 miles (3.21869 km). The 2 isn’t exact so why report it to the centimetre? 3.2km wouldn’t even be scientifically correct, but it would convey the intended meaning.

Perhaps this this American problem that you speak of, the obsession with too many digits and ridiculous accuracy, started with Columbus........................LOL

Columbus miscalculated his New World destination.
The navigator miscalculated the circumference of Earth when he used Roman miles instead of nautical miles, which is part of the reason he unexpectedly ended up in the Bahamas on October 12, 1492, and assumed he had hit Asia.

Last edited:
  • Haha

JNRB

Regular
Silver lining of Sweden's judiciary being embarrassingly slow: next week I have some more dry powder and I think these prices are just too low to resist.

Regardless what happens with permit, at some point well be sticking a shovel in the ground to get started on our plant.
I'm also sure we'll get a few more juicy clues in the ext webinar about what big things are in the pipeline next

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Here it is confirmed that we are extending the coatings to the automotive sector.

"Graphene Flagship’s innovations in automotive technology accelerate green mobility​

Ali Shaygan Nia, business developer for graphene-based coatings and composites for the Graphene Flagship examines the innovations that have helped to develop ground-breaking solutions that enhance automotive components, improve safety and contribute to a greener future.​

Graphene has the potential to drive significant advancements in the automotive industry — from strengthening structural components to improving electrochemical energy storage (i.e., Batteries) efficiency and safety in electric cars as well as enhancing the performance of the self-driving car. The Graphene Flagship has orchestrated a number of projects researching the benefits of graphene in automotive applications and how vehicles can be improved. The Graphene Flagship is now seeing this research and development come to fruition.
Ultimately, these projects feed into the United Nations (UN)’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Objectives include using graphene-enabled products to ensure good health and wellbeing, affordable and clean energy, sustainable cities and communities, responsible consumption as well as improvements to industry innovation and infrastructure in Europe. For the automotive sector, projects include a wide range of end applications for vehicle features and installations which has the potential to improve sustainability in the market.
G+BOARD
In collaboration with several industrial partners including, Nanesa and Centro Rierche Fiat in Italy, the G+BOARD Graphene-enhanced steering wheel and dashboard project incorporates graphene-based materials to create a lightweight and efficient alternative. By using electro-thermal conductive graphene-polyurethane coatings, the G+BOARD offers faster, more efficient, and uniform heating at low manufacturing costs. This innovation reduces fuel consumption and enhances dismantling and recycling procedures, aligning with the automotive industry’s environmental goals.
Additionally, the project has developed a graphene-based conductive composite dashboard, facilitating easier installation, lighter weight, improved fuel efficiency and end-of-life recyclability. Improving the weight of vehicles will be crucial for the mass deployment of electric vehicles (EVs) in coming years.
AUTOVISION
Currently, self-driving cars use visible cameras, but in dense, low visibility scenarios, these cameras are insufficient. Future autonomous cars will use LIDAR sensors, relying on pulsed laser to measure distances and constantly scan the area around them.
The AUTOVISION project focuses on enhancing the safety of self-driving cars in adverse weather conditions. By integrating graphene-based image sensors, developed in collaboration with industrial partners Aixtron in the UK and Veoneer in Sweden, the project aims to improve the performance of camera systems. These advanced sensors offer improved visibility, enabling safer driving experiences when in challenging weather conditions. This project has also fostered the development of Graphene Flagship spin-off, Qurv, a company that centres on imaging technology for next generation computer vision solutions.
Lubricants, oils and anticorrosion paints
In partnership with various organisations, the Graphene Flagship has explored the integration of graphene in automotive components to enhance performance and sustainability. The use of graphene in oil pans allows for efficient heating of the oil due to the high thermal conductivity of graphene. This addresses issues related to low-temperature viscosity and improving vehicle functionality during winter.
Vehicles that use pressurised oil in their hydraulic power steering are at risk of malfunctions if, for example, the vehicle is parked outside during winter, as oil has higher viscosity at temperatures below 5°C.
Graphene-XT, an innovative start-up that works with graphene, in collaboration with the Graphene Flagship, has also developed graphene-enhanced lubricants. These lubricating oils leverage graphene’s unique properties to reduce wear and tear in diesel and petrol engines. The atom-thin layers of graphene allow for smooth sliding and minimal friction, resulting in engines that are safer, more efficient and produce less mechanical noise. The GTX-Lube range offers tailored solutions for various engine types, promoting longevity and performance.
On the other hand, different graphene flagship industrial partners including core and associated members such as Barpimo and Talga are developing graphene-enhanced anticorrosion paints with improved performance for automotive industries.
1692968388278.png

Light-weight components
The replacement of traditional materials with graphene-reinforced composites in automotive parts, such as the front-end carrier (FEC), offers weight reduction, cost savings, mechanical improvements and significant CO2 reduction.
One example is the automotive company, BAC. Known for its lightweight technology, it has embraced the properties of graphene to enhance the structural performance of carbon fibre components in its cars. By incorporating graphene into the carbon fibre panels of BAC Mono and Mono R, the number of sheets required was reduced from three to two, resulting in a significant weight reduction — a panel that weighed 41 kilograms (KGs) went down to just 32 kilograms (KGs) after the use of graphene.
Moreover, while BAC's innovative use of graphene showcases its commitment to lightweight technology, technological advancements like this also play a crucial role in the progress of electric vehicles (EVs), particularly in enhancing battery life and overall performance.
Batteries
Speaking of batteries in electronic cars (e-cars), the GrEEnBat project from the Graphene Flagship gather the forces of leading eurpean companie in this direction such as Varta and BMW and focuses on developing silicon-graphene composite anodes for high energy density lithium-ion batteries (LIBs). By harnessing the potential of graphene, the project aims to create battery modules that can compete with projected state-of-the-art technologies available in 2025 aiming for long lasting batteries enabling longer distance driving by e-cars.
1692968450852.png

Innovation in action
At the Graphene Flagship’s annual conference, Graphene Week 2023, attendees will be able to see the results of this innovation. The Graphene Flagship's partnership with Dallara Automobili spa, an Italian automotive manufacturer, has led to the development of a sports car, the Dallara Stradale.
With innovation from scientists from the Graphene Flagship, the Dallara features a graphene-enhanced, fire-resistant interior. Safety has always been a concern in sports cars due to the risk of fires following accidents. Through the Graphene Flagship's Composites Work Package, Dallara conducted tests using graphene-enhanced composites in the Stradale, resulting in remarkable advancements.
The interior of the car incorporates a composite material with a high graphene content of 10 per cent by weight, making it highly innovative in the racing and automotive market. This material does not burn or emit smoke, successfully passing the stringent Vertical Flammability Test (UL94-V), a significant safety requirement in the automotive industry.
Additionally, other composites applied to the car's body parts exhibit enhanced flexural properties, resistance to deformation and improved energy dissipation capabilities. While the graphene Stradale is currently a prototype undergoing the homologation process, the possibility of producing a limited edition with graphene components in the future remains open. Graphene Week 2023 attendees will be invited to see this automobile at this year’s Graphene Week venue, the Swedish Exhibition & Congress Centre and Gothia Towers in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Through pioneering projects and collaboration, the Graphene Flagship has made significant progress in revolutionising the automotive industry. By harnessing the properties of graphene, these innovations contribute to fuel efficiency, recyclability, safety and reduced environmental impact. The Graphene Flagship will continue to drive advancements as it transitions to the new Horizon Europe phase, solidifying Europe’s position as a leader in graphene research.
For more information on how graphene can be used in automotive applications, head to www.graphene-flagship.eu. "
https://graphene-flagship.eu/graphe...omotive-technology-accelerate-green-mobility/

• Fire

tardey

Emerged
Interested in hearing views on the september asx 300 re rating and whether it is a posdibility that Talga will drop out ?

cosors

👀
just a bit googleing in Sweden

For your entertainment. They seem to be really xenophobic.
Oh yes, f* climate protection, those exploitative foreign capitalists. Well, when I put it like that, it sounds rather extreme left 😂

post in a forum
👇
Talga - still a fortune-seeking company?
What is behind the Talga Group? Is it another hit-and-run company that siphons off as much grant money as possible from Swedish society and then realises that its business idea cannot be implemented? Preferably in combination with blaming the Sami or environmentalists.
link

Something is also stirring here. Everyone is still beside themselves!
https://www.facebook.com/....

K. N.
I'm a bit confused about greta...is she in favour or against the "green" transition?

reply:
K. N. it's about something bigger than the fact that trains and cars can drive over 900 reindeer in a year, etc.
It's about the fact that in the "green transition" it's perfectly okay to lose 1.6-2.2 million litres of heating oil. And call it an oil leak instead of a mega spill, to think that we accept that the oil runs into the Torne and Kalix rivers.
When moose become pests in their forest.

🤔🤔🤔???🤷‍♂️

And nothing moves in their heads but chewing gum.

I am seriously getting the feeling that they are no longer concerned with climate protection and better living conditions for all. A rather exclusive circle.

Kiruna
1693329419579.png

___
1.3M tons of CO² savings are not worth mentioning and are ignored. Buy in China and protect our domestic environment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom