The Talga Bar

cosors

👀
Damn that is a stylish looking car
Just maybe a bit too open for an ice race 🥶

I think the big breakthrough for EVs can only happen when cars have a character and charm like this one @beserk
The unit-pills currently on the market are expensive purpose fulfillment I think (e.g. Tesla). As soon as the first EVs with character come on the market the whole thing will pick up speed. Right now I wouldn't buy one because I don't have to. From 2024 I would consider maybe realistically 2025.

Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
IMO there won't be an appeal.

The main point in opposition to the permit was the potential impact of future mines. That's not a reasonable objection, higher court will rule same.

Second point is even activities just in this permit will impact reindeer herding.
There's no evidence for this that the court hasn't reviewed. They came to the judgment the two can coexist. Without new info, higher court likely to have same opinion.

The reason I don't think they'll appeal, is that a judgment from a higher court sets a stronger precedent for any future activities. So they want to make bloody well sure they win it. And they just don't have that strong a case yet.

Is it worth them taking that risk for our first little mine? I don't think so. If they lose, then we go into out next permit application with a much stronger position. A lost appeal at a higher court just reinforces the position that these activities can coexist and their objections are not valid. Our next permit will be for an operation multiple times bigger than this. And remember, it's the future mines that apparently they have a problem with.

So they may well let this go ahead, and then when the next application comes around scream 'oh woe is me! Life with just this small mine has been so hard!'. But the problem is they'd then have to actually show evidence it's had a severe impact on them. And you know what? If they can actually show evidence then sure fair enough. But as of now they have nothing and so I don't think they'll play the appeal card just yet.
You have a very interesting point of view and it makes sense to me. At first I thought they had to appeal at all costs just because of the processing time.
Let's hope they are as tactical as you suggest.

Reactions: 3 users

Semmel

Regular

How long does it take the Supreme Court to decide whether or not leave to appeal shall be granted?
The Supreme Court endeavours to reach these decisions as quickly as possible. Generally, decisions are given within a month of the application for leave to appeal being received by the Supreme Court.

If leave to appeal is granted, how long does the review then take?
As a rule, cases are decided within 1 year of them being received. Many factors (e.g. the nature of the case) can affect this time.
F me... Another year if appeal is granted? Probably more like 2 years knowing the system.. 😩

• Thinking
  • Sad

cosors

👀
And now the dream became reality a Graphite BLACK Ferrari 296gts V6 plug in hybrid...

View attachment 34090

Imagine having the ORANGE Lambo Revuelto plug in hybrid up against the Graphite BLACK Ferrari 296gts, sponsored by Talga naturally, on a natural sea ice race course, 7 km per lap, 30 laps around Luleå city centre.

View attachment 34101

Now we are talking!

-beserk
Back when I was a little wilder rally cars were my must have. I had always dreamed of driving one instead of a normal one or like this beautiful black sedan. Would also have the advantage that curbs or speed humps would just be fun.

• Love
F me... Another year if appeal is granted? Probably more like 2 years knowing the system.. 😩
Yeah I think if they get the right to appeal we are screwed for another year plus

But as I have pointed out the Right to Appeal seems to only occur in 20 to 24% of cases but that's just a stat and each case is determined on it's merits.

I also don't understand the tactics of the other side's lawyer at the permit hearing. She argued a very strange line. Happy to see her at the Right to Appeal hearing.

In fact we should take up a collection $$$$ for her to make sure she is there

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

JNRB

Regular
You have a very interesting point of view and it makes sense to me. At first I thought they had to appeal at all costs just because of the processing time.
Let's hope they are as tactical as you suggest.
Problem though is even if it makes sense, I don't have a lot of faith that the people objecting to it are particularly rational humans. A lot of NIMBY's are just stuck on auto-object. We'll see what happens, hopefully someone where has enough sense to override the auto-object function.

beserk

Regular
Tactics instead of the truth that the unique source of graphite needs to be exploited because of the environment and out of concern for the future of our kids.

This is a fight for the good and science based logic.

I was involved in such a fight before against the dogmatic antis and was amazed at the lengths our opponents were ready to go.

I am talking about the introduction of Genetically Modified crops. Specifically in an Australian context.

Working as a token scientist with expert knowledge on the subject matter for the Victorian Minister of Agriculture from 1999 to 2003.

Oh how stupid the conversations and correspondance with the Ministers office were. A classic 'Yes Minister 'moment was when the Minister wanted me to acknowledge the "science" of international marketing of Victorian crops. A press release and marketing campaign worthy of a Nobel price? I think NOT.

You see why I had to bite my tongue.

It all ended up in a multi year moratorium on the planting of the environmental friendly GM crops. A delay based on putting marketing on the same level as real science. And me exiting the fealty of the Ag policy Department.

The Talga v Talma saga is starting to seem like a case of dejavu. I swear I have seen this movie before. GroundHogDay. Or Grundsaudaag in Dutch speaking Amish Pennsylvania.

Screenshot_20230413_064635_Google.jpg

-beserk

Last edited:
Well well well what an interesting day so far

Just looking at Orders in the Market and there is an absence of 1, 2 , 3, 4 share Bots unlike earlier at the Opening when it was almost immediately pushed down to $1.60 then bang back to $1.65 and now this

1681357411859.png

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

brewm0re

Regular
Well well well what an interesting day so far

Just looking at Orders in the Market and there is an absence of 1, 2 , 3, 4 share Bots unlike earlier at the Opening when it was almost immediately pushed down to $1.60 then bang back to $1.65 and now this

View attachment 34179
I thought for a moment WTM that perhaps you decided to splurge even more on your graphite holdings :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I thought for a moment WTM that perhaps you decided to splurge even more on your graphite holdings :ROFLMAO:

Just sitting here watching the crowd herd at the moment. Looks like this might be a newsletter recommendation and the Course of Sales indicates that as well from 12:25pm. This looks like FOMO and we will probably see a sell off tomorrow

pizza eating GIF

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

JNRB

Regular
....Do we not have a Talga chart thread on TSE?
For lack of other thread, I'll share my thoughts here.

For a few reasons, it's been a really long time since I've paid much close attention to charts. But with recent news/action I thought I'd take a look at TLG again

For the last 2 years we've been mostly flat, but over the last year we seem to have been moving up and down in an overall upwards trending range, not surprising with working towards key milestones. Now that the first of those key milestones has been delivered, it seems we're ready to break out of this channel and move up to the next level. We busted out the top on permit news, got pushed back down, and now came roaring back to the top again.

This is where hopefully the much-sought 're-rate' comes into play. The transformation Talga has gone through over the past couple of years is phenomenal, and MT has timed it well for things to all coincide at the right time. The fact that has coincide with other external factors like enormous political/legislative support is a bonus. I don't look at charts too much now, and rather than focusing on SP I much prefer to look at a companies Market Cap. And Talga, even after today's rise, is sitting at ~$600 million. With permits and other milestones getting ticked off this should be >$1B. The box at the end of the chart there shows the same magnitude rise (not percentage) from our run up at the end of October 2020. A $1B MC takes us to roughly a $3 SP, not far off where that box lands, and not far off the continuation of earlier trend lines.

So, valuation-wise $1B is definitely on the cards, supported by DFS NPV and Broker reports also. Chart-wise looks like we're getting set up for that kind of movement. And magnitude-wise, we've had moves of that scale previously (and even bigger as %). Note that the chart below is weekly, so I'm not expecting this to happen over-night, but I'm VERY optimistic for the next couple of weeks.

1681368948902.png

(The little green box to the right hand side of the channel is where I last managed to top-up. Was only a very small amount, but fuk yeah 1.37! don't you just love it when you nail the timing)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

For a few reasons, it's been a really long time since I've paid much close attention to charts. But with recent news/action I thought I'd take a look at TLG again

For the last 2 years we've been mostly flat, but over the last year we seem to have been moving up and down in an overall upwards trending range, not surprising with working towards key milestones. Now that the first of those key milestones has been delivered, it seems we're ready to break out of this channel and move up to the next level. We busted out the top on permit news, got pushed back down, and now came roaring back to the top again.

This is where hopefully the much-sought 're-rate' comes into play. The transformation Talga has gone through over the past couple of years is phenomenal, and MT has timed it well for things to all coincide at the right time. The fact that has coincide with other external factors like enormous political/legislative support is a bonus. I don't look at charts too much now, and rather than focusing on SP I much prefer to look at a companies Market Cap. And Talga, even after today's rise, is sitting at ~$600 million. With permits and other milestones getting ticked off this should be >$1B. The box at the end of the chart there shows the same magnitude rise (not percentage) from our run up at the end of October 2020. A $1B MC takes us to roughly a $3 SP, not far off where that box lands, and not far off the continuation of earlier trend lines.

So, valuation-wise $1B is definitely on the cards, supported by DFS NPV and Broker reports also. Chart-wise looks like we're getting set up for that kind of movement. And magnitude-wise, we've had moves of that scale previously (and even bigger as %). Note that the chart below is weekly, so I'm not expecting this to happen over-night, but I'm VERY optimistic for the next couple of weeks.

View attachment 34184
(The little green box to the right hand side of the channel is where I last managed to top-up. Was only a very small amount, but fuk yeah 1.37! don't you just love it when you nail the timing)
Don't get too excited about today's action. This company's share price is all over the place like a Mad Woman's Breakfast.

Someone on HC said it was a newsletter recommendation at 12:25pm and I checked and the Course of Sales confirmed a big volume from that time onwards. Having said that we might see further recommendations following on from last week's decision. I'll take an upwards push to SP caused by whatever event helps it.

Maybe it's time MT did a proper roadshow inviting brokers Sydney and Melbourne to a slap up Friday lunch

80s chimpanzee GIF
monkey watermelon GIF
Food Pumpkin GIF by Brookfield Zoo
like a boss eating GIF
200.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love

JNRB

Regular
Don't get too excited about today's action. Someone on HC said it was a newsletter recommendation at 12:25pm and I checked and the Course of Sales confirmed a big volume from that time onwards. Having said that we might see further recommendations following on from last week's decision. I'll take an upwards push to SP caused by whatever event helps it.

Maybe it's time MT did a proper roadshow inviting brokers Sydney and Melbourne to a slap up Friday lunch

80s chimpanzee GIF
monkey watermelon GIF
Food Pumpkin GIF by Brookfield Zoo
like a boss eating GIF
200.gif

I did mention expecting it to play out over a couple of weeks. But even today, less bot action working the price back down. I'm optimistic :)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I did mention expecting it to play out over a couple of weeks. But even today, less bot action working the price back down. I'm optimistic :)
Yeah OK a couple of weeks. We need big broker coverage as I'm not optimistic about offtakes or funding until this appeal process is over

Semmel

Regular

View attachment 34184

Why dont you open a new thread for charting? I am personally not a fan of TA, but quite a few people are. So please go ahead :)

• Love

beserk

Regular
Finally a good news story about the Sámi and Vittangi.

Netflix is using Vittangi as one of the key locations in a film about conflict of the gun toting, snowmobile driving, petrol heads, and the reindeer hearders.

6318.jpg

Ann-Helén Laestadius book 'Stolen' that the film is loosely based on is reviewed here.

I have read it and Ann-Helén can spin a yarn.

It humanizes the Sámi, that I feel have to often been demonised in public discourse.

The Netflix story was reported in SVT Sapmi and appeared recently as a piece on re creating the famous Jokkmokk winter fair, or Jokkmokks marknad, in the streets of Vittangi. One good thing that has come out building the bypass of Vittangi to carry heavy Electric Kaunis Iron ore Volvo trucks. The main street of Vittangi, Centralvägen, is now devoid of through traffic and open for filming.

The staging of the film will still be fresh in the mind of the Sámi extras that were called in for the film shoot and appear in this news flash.

Screenshot_20230414_023717_Chrome.jpg

-beserk

Last edited:

cosors

👀
Why dont you open a new thread for charting? I am personally not a fan of TA, but quite a few people are. So please go ahead :)
@JNRB i would be very happy. Soon come the fundamental steps and I always like to learn more about the SP make at the ASX.

beserk

Regular
No more reindeer games please!!!

Back to serious business. I am of course talking about the referendum on the design of our DarkMattrOvrlady/lord pins to be worn in Washington DC on June 5 - 6 at the upcoming Giga Battery talk fest.

A tally of the votes received so far shows that the design favoured by the majority is the combined Swedish and Australian flags.

That is nr 5 in the picture below.

20230404_082627.jpg

I have a late entry though, a instantly recognisable Swedish design with a feline twist. The original is the traditional Dalecarlia wooden horse painted in red and white livery.

Screenshot_20230403_003837_Quora.jpg

A " Svensk Tiger" is a play on words and means a Swede keeps her/his mouth shut.

Votes anyone?

-beserk

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

beserk

Regular
And in Australia we like BIG things bigly...Big Banana, Big Lobster, Big Merino, Big Pine apple and Big Koala.....

I've been every where man..

Screenshot_20230414_080225_Chrome.jpg

-beserk

Last edited:

Semmel

Regular
Fun fact, when ever I see weight in units of lbs, or pounds, I read lbs with my inner voice as 'lobsters'. Fits perfectly too as lobsters are roughly half a kg.. just like lbs.. which is a fact i completely made up, just like my interpretation of the unit. ;) From now on, whenever you see lbs as a unit, you will think of lobsters.. and don't get me started on lobsters force as a description of Rocket engine power....

• Haha
Top Bottom