The Talga Bar

beserk

Regular
While in western Victoria, where I spent my Easter holidays, I passed a hypersaline lake with a bloom of salt loving single cellular Dunaliella salina. It produces enormous amounts of beta carotene, the same pigment found in carrots.

Wonder what wonderful properties graphite derived from a sea full of Dunaliella would produce? ;)

Screenshot_20230409_232200_Quora.png

-beserk

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users

beserk

Regular
We will not now. It will take another 2 billion years for someone or something to discover the new mineral formed out of the dead hulls of carbonaceous life forms. Geological time runs on a planetary scale. Terra forming and reshaping the surface of the planet in the process.

Mars_terraforming-1024x640.jpg

-beserk

Reactions: 1 users

Semmel

Regular
We will not now. It will take another 2 billion years for someone or something to discover the new mineral formed out of the dead hulls of carbonaceous life forms. Geological time runs on a planetary scale. Terra forming and reshaping the surface of the planet in the process.

View attachment 33997

-beserk
That is mars .. ;)

Reactions: 2 users

beserk

Regular
Yes and imagine what it would look like terra formed in the future. Interesting human centric thought that the planet, any planet really, should change to meet our requirements. Don't know if we as sentinent beings are important enough....

Oh no this has now turned into a philosophy club not a drinking hole!!. Sorry Cosors!

• Haha

beserk

Regular
Lambo Revuelto is the latest iteration of a V12 super car. And....it is a plugin hybrid!

Carrying some graphite onboard in the battery cells. And goes like the clappers!

0 to 100 km/h in sub 3 second pace. That is warp speed!

Screenshot_20230411_104811_LinkedIn.jpg

Pit that car in a race against the coming electric Ferraris ....on the 7km natural ice speed track around of Luleå city centre, and you would have an instant classic race that would surpass the F1 race of the Aussie Grand Prix recently held here in Melbourne.

I recycle an image from a earlier posting to illustrate the potential of such a race in the future.

image_96d53553-5dc0-4324-9019-31a27da692bf20230315_181118.jpg

-beserk

• Fire

beserk

Regular
Hydrogen has been mooted as an alterative carrier of energy to power vehicles. Toyota has long been leading the hydrogen strategy.

However in this analysis of how far they have moved along the R& D chain in 6 years the author is not very optimistic of the future of a mass produced hydrogen powered Toyota.

-beserk

cosors

👀
Who would have thought that?! Despite approval slightly in the red. Seems to be understood by the institutions as the court announced so may not be used until all appeals are processed.

A permit that is worth "nothing" for the SP. No FOMO.
I hope that the court will process the appeals quickly or reject them quickly. And I hope that Bergstaaten will now quickly take into account our Natura2000 and grant the processing concession. And, of course, that the EIB will provide the money soon.
Don't misunderstand I don't want to grumble.
LoL - I'm back where I started a few years ago when I started drilling into the subject. Why doesn't the SP do what it's supposed to do? 🤣

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Coolbeans

There are some very clever investors with clever software keeping the handbrake on imo, And also we need a offtake with massive media coverage to get this moving I think. Very frustrating but ultimately we are in a better position now, much better and all Talga keeps doing is adding value so I'm happy. But I am craving to see Talga mainstream and really get us on the map.

Reactions: 4 users

kay

Emerged
There are some very clever investors with clever software keeping the handbrake on imo, And also we need a offtake with massive media coverage to get this moving I think. Very frustrating but ultimately we are in a better position now, much better and all Talga keeps doing is adding value so I'm happy. But I am craving to see Talga mainstream and really get us on the map.
Handbrake on SP - how does this even work? Buyers are missing! The question is just why nobody is buying ...

beserk

Regular
Lambo Revuelto is the latest iteration of a V12 super car. And....it is a plugin hybrid!

Carrying some graphite onboard in the battery cells. And goes like the clappers!

View attachment 34032

Pit that car in a race against the coming electric Ferraris ....on the 7km natural ice speed track around of Luleå city centre, and you would have an instant classic race that would surpass the F1 race of the Aussie Grand Prix recently held here in Melbourne.

I recycle an image from a earlier posting to illustrate the potential of such a race in the future.

View attachment 34035

-beserk

And for all you motorheads that is a Ferrari 488 Pista with fully extended rear wing flying low over the frozen sea of the Gulf of Bothnia...

Coolbeans

Handbrake on SP - how does this even work? Buyers are missing! The question is just why nobody is buying ...
Also true, hence we also need finance, offtakes and media coverage. Not long now! Shortly 🔋

beserk

Regular
Also true, hence we also need finance, offtakes and media coverage. Not long now! Shortly 🔋

Yes what is NOT happening? Please enlighten us mr C. Bean.

Screenshot_20230412_062203_Tubi.jpg
;)

-beserk

Last edited:
  • Fire
Who would have thought that?! Despite approval slightly in the red. Seems to be understood by the institutions as the court announced so may not be used until all appeals are processed.

A permit that is worth "nothing" for the SP. No FOMO.
I hope that the court will process the appeals quickly or reject them quickly. And I hope that Bergstaaten will now quickly take into account our Natura2000 and grant the processing concession. And, of course, that the EIB will provide the money soon.
Don't misunderstand I don't want to grumble.
LoL - I'm back where I started a few years ago when I started drilling into the subject. Why doesn't the SP do what it's supposed to do? 🤣
I'm pretty certain this will be appealed creating even more delays.

We are kind of half pregnant at the moment as we kind of have a permit but kind of don't have a permit with certainty. I don't expect any offtakes or financing until the appeal process is over and certainty in supply can be guaranteed.

Besides the 3 week submission period do we have any sort of timeline for how long this appeal process will take ?

If there are no offtakes and consequently no financing the SP is going to drift as I can't think of any ground breaking announcements that MT might still have to make.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

TentCity

Regular

We are kind of half pregnant at the moment as we kind of have a permit but kind of don't have a permit with certainty. I don't expect any offtakes or financing until the appeal process is over and certainty in supply can be guaranteed.

Besides the 3 week submission period do we have any sort of timeline for how long this appeal process will take ?

If there are no offtakes and consequently no financing the SP is going to drift as I can't think of any ground breaking announcements that MT might still have to make.
Yeah I think the market is still needing some further clarity on any appeals process that may eventuate in the remaining 2 weeks - the scope and merits of such an appeal can only be judged once we see the details if project opponents choose to go down that path.

The sizeable stacking of the sellside is also slightly suspicious - but perhaps not unexpected now we are in the ASX300 and have to expect additional games being played with the SP.

For me personally, I want to see the first binding offtake deal and whether Talga can be the first company to negotiate a floating price mechanism to take advantage of future price upside. Agre though - this is more likely to be announced post all the permit process being cleared up.

The one left field announcement that could come out is on Talnode Si - Talga are doing the internal study on crunching the numbers and possible site selection in Germany with potential offtakers. So, something on this project could be the nice catalyst to break the inertia.

• Love

Besides the 3 week submission period do we have any sort of timeline for how long this appeal process will take

How long does it take the Supreme Court to decide whether or not leave to appeal shall be granted?
The Supreme Court endeavours to reach these decisions as quickly as possible. Generally, decisions are given within a month of the application for leave to appeal being received by the Supreme Court.

If leave to appeal is granted, how long does the review then take?
As a rule, cases are decided within 1 year of them being received. Many factors (e.g. the nature of the case) can affect this time.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

beserk

Regular
Lambo Revuelto is the latest iteration of a V6 super car. And....it is a plugin hybrid!

View attachment 34032

View attachment 34035

-beserk

And now the dream became reality a Graphite BLACK Ferrari 296gts V6 plug in hybrid...

Screenshot_20230412_114908_LinkedIn.jpg

Imagine having the ORANGE Lambo Revuelto plug in hybrid up against the Graphite BLACK Ferrari 296gts, sponsored by Talga naturally, on a natural sea ice race course, 7 km per lap, 30 laps around Luleå city centre.

Screenshot_20230404_162617_Samsung Internet~2.jpg

Now we are talking!

-beserk

• Fire
  • Love

cosors

👀
And now the dream became reality a Graphite BLACK Ferrari 296gts V6 plug in hybrid...

View attachment 34090

Imagine having the ORANGE Lambo Revuelto plug in hybrid up against the Graphite BLACK Ferrari 296gts, sponsored by Talga naturally, on a natural sea ice race course, 7 km per lap, 30 laps around Luleå city centre.

View attachment 34101

Now we are talking!

-beserk
I don't know if you've seen this one yet. MT looked at it a little while ago. There is also a video.
The Audi is also a hybrid but it runs purely electric during the race. The motor is only installed for the big Bacha.
This ice race is slightly south of Lulea near Skelleftea.

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/media.19849/post-233248

Last edited:

JNRB

Regular

View attachment 34090

View attachment 34101

Now we are talking!

-beserk
Damn that is a stylish looking car

• Fire

cosors

👀

Thanks for the info from Domstol!
I will just be patient. If I was calm before the decision I should be able to do the same now.
A speedy rejection would be nice, of course, and I don't believe in a processing time of a year. The pressure from Swedish and European politics is too high for that. That is an old statement with a safety factor and will be adjusted with the proposed changes to acceleration I think. Somehow we can be glad that we fall exactly into this regulatory upheaval.

Last year I had expected June/July. Maybe I'll just stick with that.

I am only worried about the factory and the 2024 statement, but the last money raise gives me hope that orders for the plants have already been placed.

@TentCity I agree with you and don't really have anything to add.

I'm just keep reading my novel page by page.

• Love

JNRB

Regular
IMO there won't be an appeal.

The main point in opposition to the permit was the potential impact of future mines. That's not a reasonable objection, higher court will rule same.

Second point is even activities just in this permit will impact reindeer herding.
There's no evidence for this that the court hasn't reviewed. They came to the judgment the two can coexist. Without new info, higher court likely to have same opinion.

The reason I don't think they'll appeal, is that a judgment from a higher court sets a stronger precedent for any future activities. So they want to make bloody well sure they win it. And they just don't have that strong a case yet.

Is it worth them taking that risk for our first little mine? I don't think so. If they lose, then we go into out next permit application with a much stronger position. A lost appeal at a higher court just reinforces the position that these activities can coexist and their objections are not valid. Our next permit will be for an operation multiple times bigger than this. And remember, it's the future mines that apparently they have a problem with.

So they may well let this go ahead, and then when the next application comes around scream 'oh woe is me! Life with just this small mine has been so hard!'. But the problem is they'd then have to actually show evidence it's had a severe impact on them. And you know what? If they can actually show evidence then sure fair enough. But as of now they have nothing and so I don't think they'll play the appeal card just yet.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom