Share price movement of Brainchip, discussion, The Good The good and the good only.

charles2

Regular
Well this most likely is a delusional nothing burger but there was a scramble near the close to buy 73k BRCHF at the offer (ask).

That is the average daily volume in the US.

So maybe, just maybe, in spite of the somewhat disappointing AGM, the lows are in. All the not so good news is out for public consumption and priced in.

And if so...........(you can fill in the blanks).

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
D

Deleted member 118

Just for reference it was a lovely short attack on Tuesday and Wednesday just after the AGM, nothing more or nothing less

8EEE51F2-298C-40A1-950A-E98A163EF351.png

Reactions: 4 users
D

Deleted member 118

And like someone mentioned before the shorts were covering just before hence the price rise. No data out for Monday yet but I guess the 3 million covered on Friday was similar to Monday

668B7D69-72CD-4443-A8D6-689DB2833201.png

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

The only people that got burnt were the weak hands and coming to an easy conclusion it wasn’t retail that pumped the price is was the shorters shitting there pants, who then brought back in as soon as soon at the agm asx notes were available.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

charles2

Regular
Just a point of clarification so that we all can understand trading lingo:

The shorts shorted more shares after the AGM notes were released......they didn't buy back in....commonly referred to as (short) covering. They took a larger short position which depressed the share price.

When shorts buy...they are covering (neutralizing/lessening) their short position. That pressures the share price upward.

That is what happened in the few days before the AGM.

So now they have about 120m shares to cover......when they get nervous or just decide that they have made a bundle...they will start derisking.....meaning they will start covering....buying back the shares they borrowed and then sold.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
D

Deleted member 118

Just a point of clarification so that we all can understand trading lingo:

The shorts shorted more shares after the AGM notes were released......they didn't buy back in....commonly referred to as (short) covering. They took a larger short position which depressed the share price.

When shorts buy...they are covering (neutralizing/lessening) their short position. That pressures the share price upward.

That is what happened in the few days before the AGM.

So now they have about 120m shares to cover......when they get nervous or just decide that they have made a bundle...they will start derisking.....meaning they will start covering....buying back the shares they borrowed and then sold.
👍

Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 118

Plenty of news the weekend over the internet regarding AI. So hopefully this could push us towards the .50 mark again this week with any company news

manny100

Regular
I have been harping on about us being in a bullish set up for some time.
Shorts have been trending down since March confirming the bullish set up.
Let's hope that this continues.
No certain things in markets.

Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 118

a shorter must be panicking as just took out 100,000 lol

AD7E215A-46D6-46B9-8D11-70DF8AEDC05F.png

• Haha

Damo4

Regular
a shorter must be panicking as just took out 100,000 lol

View attachment 37396

"This table shows the number of shares of AU:BRN available to be shorted at a leading prime brokerage."

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this suggest 35k net shares have been returned to the broker? And that 100k are now available at this broker only?

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

robsmark

Regular
"This table shows the number of shares of AU:BRN available to be shorted at a leading prime brokerage."

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this suggest 35k net shares have been returned to the broker? And that 100k are now available at this broker only?
That’s how I read it.

D

Deleted member 118

Weird how a few posters vanish from posting here when the sp starts heading north, just like like do on hc.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

db1969oz

Regular
Weird how a few posters vanish from posting here when the sp starts heading north, just like like do on hc.

I’m sure you’re referring to FF! 😂

• Haha
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha

charles2

Regular
Gap filled.

Now what?

• Haha

toasty

Regular
Bots are hard at work...............

• Thinking
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
  • Haha
D

Deleted member 118

Sone big numbers on the sell side depressing the SP. let’s hope it’s Manny selling.

Reactions: 1 users
D

Deleted member 118

Someone has been offloading the last few days. I wonder if it’s Manny or we are about to be rebalanced and sent back to the asx 300, so the institutions are getting out. Wouldn’t want to be a shorter right now.

• Haha

Home101

Regular
Wow, the price is shooting up this morning. Is it a positive market sentiment or shorts closing?

Top Bottom