PERMITS

Appears to be the way things work in Swedish law. Ask for more time and you shall receive.
Gee.........you wouldn't want to be a hangman in Sweden. Business would be very slow

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
Its about the facility in Lulea. One step further...
1706021919863.png

https://www.domstol.se/umea-tingsratt/om-tingsratten/aktuellt/kungorelse/

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
Kallak, but!

This is where the high hopes of the anti-faction regarding Kallak are dashed. I see this as a clear will and direction for the whole sector.
You can see the similar time frame to us. I think we received the statement around October. Maybe we'll actually hear something until 25 February.

"The Government will not change the Kallak decision​

19 January 2024
The Government will not change the previous Government's decision to grant an exploitation concession to the mining plans in Kallak outside Jokkmokk. It is clear after the government's opinion was received by the Supreme Administrative Court, reports SVT. Minister for Enterprise Ebba Busch writes in the statement that there are no grounds for overturning the previous government's decision. She states in her response that the mine is considered important for Sweden from a total defense perspective, where it is important that the country has trade goods and iron of the kind that occurs in Kallak. Against this background, the Government considers, in accordance with the assessment made in the Government decision, that the area containing the deposit in Kallak is of national interest.

It was in March 2022 that the previous government granted the exploitation concession. The decision was appealed by Jåhkågasska tjiellde, Sirges Sami village and the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation, and in September last year there was a hearing in the Supreme Administrative Court. It has not yet been possible to issue a verdict as they have been waiting for the government's opinion."

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Kallak, but!

This is where the high hopes of the anti-faction regarding Kallak are dashed. I see this as a clear will and direction for the whole sector.
You can see the similar time frame to us. I think we received the statement around October. Maybe we'll actually hear something until 25 February.

"The Government will not change the Kallak decision​

19 January 2024
The Government will not change the previous Government's decision to grant an exploitation concession to the mining plans in Kallak outside Jokkmokk. It is clear after the government's opinion was received by the Supreme Administrative Court, reports SVT. Minister for Enterprise Ebba Busch writes in the statement that there are no grounds for overturning the previous government's decision. She states in her response that the mine is considered important for Sweden from a total defense perspective, where it is important that the country has trade goods and iron of the kind that occurs in Kallak. Against this background, the Government considers, in accordance with the assessment made in the Government decision, that the area containing the deposit in Kallak is of national interest.

It was in March 2022 that the previous government granted the exploitation concession. The decision was appealed by Jåhkågasska tjiellde, Sirges Sami village and the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation, and in September last year there was a hearing in the Supreme Administrative Court. It has not yet been possible to issue a verdict as they have been waiting for the government's opinion."
from the QR 4/23:
Talga expects a reasonable decision period however there is no information or guidance on when a decision may be expected at this time. Talga will communicate the outcome of the review process as soon as it has been notified of the Supreme Court’s decision.

Up there we have an indicator of when we can probably expect the decision. Or what do you think?

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

DAH

Regular
from the QR 4/23:
Talga expects a reasonable decision period however there is no information or guidance on when a decision may be expected at this time. Talga will communicate the outcome of the review process as soon as it has been notified of the Supreme Court’s decision.

Up there we have an indicator of when we can probably expect the decision. Or what do you think?
Reasonable would be the decision falls within the loosely defined time frame - so that's 4 months from the granted extension deadline. I.e., a decision within the next 4 weeks. Anyone's guess really!

Reactions: 5 users

anbuck

Regular
Mark's comments on permitting during the investor webinar have me worried. He first said, this isn't the last step of the permit, then back tracked and said well if leave to appeal is denied, it's the last step, but then spent a lot of time saying that if leave to appeal is granted all it means is that the same issues will be re-heard again and that if that happened, then Talga would apply for a ruling to let them proceed on development while the case is reheard.

The fact that he initially said that he wanted to make it clear that this wasn't the last step of the permit legal process and then had to backtrack makes be wonder if he has gotten some back channel info that leave to appeal will be granted.

BigDog

Regular
Mark's comments on permitting during the investor webinar have me worried. He first said, this isn't the last step of the permit, then back tracked and said well if leave to appeal is denied, it's the last step, but then spent a lot of time saying that if leave to appeal is granted all it means is that the same issues will be re-heard again and that if that happened, then Talga would apply for a ruling to let them proceed on development while the case is reheard.

The fact that he initially said that he wanted to make it clear that this wasn't the last step of the permit legal process and then had to backtrack makes be wonder if he has gotten some back channel info that leave to appeal will be granted.
Hmmm 🤔 , I didn’t interpret it that way. I thought he was just being precise when he said this isn’t the last step of the permitting process “if” leave to appeal is granted.

He did however take some time to note, which was very reassuring, that from all accounts the permitting outcome would be favorable. I took this to almost suggest he had an inside tip they were a done thing (although I know this would not be possible under the Swedish Supreme Court lock and key 🔐).

Nonetheless, very positive Webinar which only strengthens my conviction that TLG will be a goliath of a company one day 🤞🏼

Reactions: 8 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
Hmmm 🤔 , I didn’t interpret it that way. I thought he was just being precise when he said this isn’t the last step of the permitting process “if” leave to appeal is granted.

He did however take some time to note, which was very reassuring, that from all accounts the permitting outcome would be favorable. I took this to almost suggest he had an inside tip they were a done thing (although I know this would not be possible under the Swedish Supreme Court lock and key 🔐).

Nonetheless, very positive Webinar which only strengthens my conviction that TLG will be a goliath of a company one day 🤞🏼
This was my interpretation too. Although I need to hear it again for any nuance.

I took it as this last step is absolute and decision will be any day, then he just outlined what would occur in the event leave to appeal was granted, and painted a pretty quick pathway that had little hope of success in that scenario.

• Love

cosors

👀
“We don’t get official detailed information before the announcement is made publicly. Certainly from working with policy makers and local politicians and people within government here, everyone is confident and with fingers crossed.”

From my point of view, the statement was simply that if the unlikely should happen, we have a card in our hand for that.
Seriously, what is the probability and even then there is this card.
The EU and Sweden are building around this.
I'm deeply relaxed.

• Love

anbuck

Regular
“We don’t get official detailed information before the announcement is made publicly. Certainly from working with policy makers and local politicians and people within government here, everyone is confident and with fingers crossed.”

From my point of view, the statement was simply that if the unlikely should happen, we have a card in our hand for that.
Seriously, what is the probability and even then there is this card.
The EU and Sweden are building around this.
I'm deeply relaxed
He said right before that though that he has reason to believe that the decision will come very soon. Then went on to say that he wants to be clear that this isn't the end of the permitting process before backtracking, so I'm hoping that whatever info he has that the decision will come soon didn't also suggest that leave will be granted.

Reactions: 1 users

Vigdorian

Regular

We’ll wait for the webinar release but I think he only went into detail because he used the word binary (which could imply a yes or a no court decision) which is why he retorted himself and went on to explain all possible outcomes .

cosors

👀
He said right before that though that he has reason to believe that the decision will come very soon. Then went on to say that he wants to be clear that this isn't the end of the permitting process before backtracking, so I'm hoping that whatever info he has that the decision will come soon didn't also suggest that leave will be granted.
It is not the end of the permit process if the Supreme Court rejects the appeal. The plaintiffs were advised not to lodge an objection, but they did so anyway because it was free.
What follows is the processing concession, the ceremonial ground-breaking by Bergsstaten and the adoption of the derailed plan. I don't know which comes first.
If I were him, I would also be careful and would not signal that it is a done deal. Everyone is very confident. That must be enough for us.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

anbuck

Regular
It is not the end of the permit
process if the Supreme Court rejects the appeal, the plaintiffs were advised not to lodge an objection, but they did so anyway because it was free.
What follows is the processing concession, the ceremonial ground-breaking by Bergstaaten and the adoption of the derailed Plan. I don't know which comes first.
If I were him, I would also be careful and would not signal that it is a done deal. Everyone is very confident. That must be enough for us.
Mark said it was done if the supreme court rejected it. I agree with you that further permits are required and I think he was talking specifically about the environmental permit.

Semmel

Regular
It is not the end of the permit
process if the Supreme Court rejects the appeal, the plaintiffs were advised not to lodge an objection, but they did so anyway because it was free.
What follows is the processing concession, the ceremonial ground-breaking by Bergstaaten and the adoption of the derailed Plan. I don't know which comes first.

Love the "derailed plan" typo, thats a good one! :)

Anyway, thx for the summary of paperwork still to be done. Guess of order:

* appeals
* detailed plan
* processing concession
* ground breaking

• Haha
My fear is that we might have ended up with an Activist judge who will find his/her own reasons to grant the appeal independently of whatever the Nimbys have submitted.

Then a couple of dopes over at the Toilet Bowl claim the Judge might want to create a precedent as to how lower courts should conduct such cases

But then I think surely regarding a precedent that has already been decided over the many years of rejecting permits

Toss and Turn in the Head then Rinse and Repeat

LOL

Last edited:

cosors

👀
My fear is that we might have ended up with an Activist judge who will find his/her own reasons to grant the appeal independently of whatever the Nimbys have submitted.

Then a couple of dopes over at the Toilet Bowl claim the Judge might want to create a precedent as to how lower courts should conduct such cases

But then I think surely regarding a precedent that has already been decided over the many years of rejecting permits

Toss and Turn in the Head then Rinse and Repeat

LOL
A judge who sets a precedent against the will of the government, the parties and the EU? ...
I have deleted my original post.

A judge who sets a precedent against the will of the government, the parties and the EU? ...
I have deleted my original post.
Don’t forget it’s Talga……it’s slow, this stock has a hex upon it,

There must be a witch or a warlock amongst the Nimbys LOL

• Haha

cosors

👀
Don’t forget it’s Talga……it’s slow, this stock has a hex upon it,

There must be a witch or a warlock amongst the Nimbys LOL
I had a conversation with a CEO who also has some shares. I explained the situation to him at length yesterday. We are looking to a few years in the future if everything goes well. Talga will then be an established player and I can look back on the coming and going of shorters.
The short-term perspective is no longer of any value to me.
The only thing I don't understand is why there is no will in Australia to protect pension savings instead of embezzle them. For me, Australian pension funds are predestined to lend to shorters. It's not their own investment and they don't have to deliver to their clients, ...are just your pensions. I am also surprised at the attraction of HC as a virtual monopoly in this system.

Last edited:
  • Haha

cosors

👀
I had a conversation with a CEO who also has some shares. I explained the situation to him at length yesterday. We are looking to a few years in the future if everything goes well. Talga will then be an established player and I can look back on the coming and going of shorters.
The short-term perspective is no longer of any value to me.
The only thing I don't understand is why there is no will in Australia to protect pension savings instead of embezzle them. For me, Australian pension funds are predestined to lend to shorters. It's not their own investment. I am also surprised at the attraction of HC as a virtual monopoly in this system.
I just imagine your pension investors hanging around at HC while working time for you and the vast majority of Australians just shrug their shoulders and say - that's just the way it is.

Last edited:
I just imagine your pension investors hanging around at HC while working time for you and the vast majority of Australians just shrug their shoulders and say - that's just the way it is.
Well…….most of the funds are run by the Trade Unions which also gift money to the Left of Centre Australian Labor Party

Cosors you are a bit of a Lefty so you should be rejoicing in the fact that the Unions are in control and doing as they see fit with members money

😀😃😅😂😄😄🤣😁

However I am from the Moderate Right in politics and I don’t agree with our Unions,

😀😃😅😂🤣

I have my own self managed super fund ( it costs $1,100 pa to maintain) with Mrs Monkey .

We get to make our own investments and decisions. Not “them”.

The establishment try and discourage that here by telling everyone it costs $5000 pa to have your own fund

It’s another lie

Top Bottom