TLG Discussion 2022

It wouldn't surprise me if Magnis sent Tesla someone else's anode material. They are as dodgy as a Cartier watch bought in a Bangkok street market.

They went into a trading halt............... now voluntary suspension................. and the Australian press are finally investigating them and "upturning rocks" with truly hideous things hidden beneath

Vulcan is ithium and the qualification is no where near as onerous as anode material

Syrah did its Tesla deal way before the price of graphite plunged but they probably were looking for a "name" to take their product at almost any price

Vulcan: Yes I'm aware of the differences in lithium hydroxide and anode material qualification. The point was not about qualification but permits. Permits are not by themselves a barrier to signing a binding offtake - the agreement can have appropriate get-out clauses to kill the deal if permits don't transpire.

Magnis have licenced their anode technology from C4V. So Tesla may have tested some of that material, or maybe even signed blind because the whole thing is subject to qualification anyway. I doubt Magnis will ever build a pilot plant let alone supply any commercial quantities of AAM.
I'm not sure why the offtake was even signed with Magnis and Tesla didn't go straight to C4V. Maybe because of supply of the graphite from Nachu?

And yes agree on Syrah, that was kind of my point. I think they rushed into the deal and took whatever Tesla were offering so they could attached their name to the Tesla brand. Short term thinking

The point stands: Talga could sign a binding offtake deal tomorrow with a number of parties. But they're not, because Talga are playing the long game and being patient, and waiting for the right PRICE

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

JNRB

Regular
you continue believing that, I'll continue trusting our Managing Director.

Reactions: 2 users

I trust the managing director. I wouldn't make a long term investment in a company if I didn't.
However, there has been a lot of money lost over the last 40+ years by hanging off every word that comes out of West Perth without some critical analysis of it.

I see agreement of price as one of the main risks to the project, because at some point Talga is going to have to sign up to something and build this thing, and if they can only get current (China) market price for anode material the economics of Vittangi would take a massive hit. It's a risk I'm comfortable with though, particularly as the buyers may be now waking up to the fact that a company as well-positioned as Talga could be a price-maker not a price-taker.

btw MT has mentioned pricing in relation to offtakes before - he said something like it is hard negotiating deals when you're a listed company and your customers know your costs. It was at one of the industry events but I forget which. Read into that what you will. DYOR

Reactions: 5 users
I guess he wouldn't be conducting quarterly webinars if he was just spinning BS. None of my other ASX companies do, certainly not every quarter

Reactions: 3 users
I just realised @cosors posted this in June but I don't think all of it

My goodness some people publish total garbage...................

Petra Capital Sticks to Its Buy Rating for Talga Group Ltd. (TLGRF)​

Tip Ranks

Jun. 18, 2023, 07:05 PM

Petra Capital analyst Andrew Harrington maintained a Buy rating on Talga Group Ltd. (TLGRFResearch Report) on June 16 and set a price target of A$2.70. The company’s shares closed last Friday at $0.91.
According to TipRanks, Harrington is an analyst with an average return of -57.5% and a 0.00% success rate. (Yikes !)
The word on The Street in general, suggests a Moderate Buy analyst consensus rating for Talga Group Ltd. with a $1.76 average price target.

The company has a one-year high of $1.27 and a one-year low of $0.67. ($0.67 Oh really..........when ?)

Currently, Talga Group Ltd. has an average volume of 31.04K.

Talga Resources Ltd is a technology minerals company. It’s operating and geographical segments consist of graphite exploration and development in Sweden, gold exploration and evaluation in Australia and graphite or graphene research and development in Germany and the United Kingdom. The graphite projects include Pitea, Jalkunen, Pajala, and Raitajarvi. In addition, it also owns two iron ore projects, Masugnsbyn and Vittangi, located in Norrbotten county, in northern Sweden.

The Bullfinch project is located in the Yilgarn region, 50 kilometers north of the town of the Southern Cross. The other three projects, which include Talga Talga, Warrawoona, and Mosquito Creek projects are located in the historic East Pilbara gold region, near the towns of Marble Bar and Nullagine. (WTF.......................??????????)

• Haha

JNRB

Regular
Just caught up on the webinar - love being invested in Talga right now. Sooo much good stuff to happen over the next couple of years. Talnode SI sounding more and more over a winner. MT finally sounding like he's well and truly moved on from targets like "100ktpa", talks about it like it's a number that's there just because it was there previously but they're absolutely looking far beyond it. And of course that vision is supported / driven by (pardon the pun) customer demand.

My favourite part though was how he saw any sort of 'competitor' as actually being a partner and a potential asset to Talga. Be that other anode producers and even synthetic anode producers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the first time Marks also seriously talked about IP licensing as a potential growth strategy - always a good way to get extra value from all the work and research we've already done.

So aside from our already massive Talnode-C plans, over the last year or so we've added extra expansion targets from:
  • going EVEN BIGGER on Talnode-C
  • using our experience with Talnode-C/mine/processing development process in EU to partner with other potential new entrants
  • Partnering with synthetic anode producers to produce blended anode
  • Producing scalable Talnode-Si
  • Expanding the range of Talnode-Si production locations (very easily scalable to customer demand MT mentioned)
  • Licensing our IP to other potential producers including in other jurisdictions (ie US)
  • Graphite recycling
  • Potential lithium resource
  • ...missed anything?
We know they're always cooking up other things in the background (ie solid state research), these are just the ones thathave come out now with a clear-enough pathwat towards adding value for Talga.

Also good to get some detail on the SPP. To be honest, it's a good thing for holders (at least those that participate). It's money we were goign to have to raise anyway for the project so might as well do it now and keep everything moving as fast as possible. As the points above show, Talga's got too much to do to fuss excessively stretching out the timeline for a $15mil cap raise.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Semmel

Regular
Thx JNRB, I dont know when I will have the chance to listen to it. I like getting a good preview :)

As a European, we cant participate in the SPP, and neither would I have the funds right now. But past has shown that we are not missing out, as the share price tends to match the SPP price anyway.

I just realised @cosors posted this in June but I don't think all of it

My goodness some people publish total garbage...................

Petra Capital Sticks to Its Buy Rating for Talga Group Ltd. (TLGRF)​

Tip Ranks

Jun. 18, 2023, 07:05 PM

Petra Capital analyst Andrew Harrington maintained a Buy rating on Talga Group Ltd. (TLGRFResearch Report) on June 16 and set a price target of A$2.70. The company’s shares closed last Friday at $0.91.
According to TipRanks, Harrington is an analyst with an average return of -57.5% and a 0.00% success rate. (Yikes !)
The word on The Street in general, suggests a Moderate Buy analyst consensus rating for Talga Group Ltd. with a $1.76 average price target.

The company has a one-year high of $1.27 and a one-year low of $0.67. ($0.67 Oh really..........when ?)

Currently, Talga Group Ltd. has an average volume of 31.04K.

Talga Resources Ltd is a technology minerals company. It’s operating and geographical segments consist of graphite exploration and development in Sweden, gold exploration and evaluation in Australia and graphite or graphene research and development in Germany and the United Kingdom. The graphite projects include Pitea, Jalkunen, Pajala, and Raitajarvi. In addition, it also owns two iron ore projects, Masugnsbyn and Vittangi, located in Norrbotten county, in northern Sweden.

The Bullfinch project is located in the Yilgarn region, 50 kilometers north of the town of the Southern Cross. The other three projects, which include Talga Talga, Warrawoona, and Mosquito Creek projects are located in the historic East Pilbara gold region, near the towns of Marble Bar and Nullagine. (WTF.......................??????????)

They’re about out of date with those last ones. The projects have been sold off over the last 10 years or so and even any royalties that Talga still held were also sold off separately. Bullfinch has changed hands multiple times.

1699609371746.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

JNRB

Regular
Thx JNRB, I dont know when I will have the chance to listen to it. I like getting a good preview :)

As a European, we cant participate in the SPP, and neither would I have the funds right now. But past has shown that we are not missing out, as the share price tends to match the SPP price anyway.
Ditto. I already topped-up when we hit 1.23ish so no more dry powder for SPP. But I'm comfortable in the long run I'll still just be glad I took the opportunity to top-up when I did.

cosors

👀
🔥

1699634128185.png

Sweden challenges China
2023 09 11

Today, Monday, the first sod was broken for the new battery factory in Luleå.

👉 The battery company Talga's factory will be of great importance to Sweden and the green transition in general.

The facility is expected to produce 19,500 tons of finished anode material per year.

Important step for the green transition

Anode materials can be used, among other things, in batteries for electric cars.

- It is absolutely necessary to get the electrification in place. It is not enough that we produce lots of fossil-free electricity, but it is also required that we can store it, says Labor Market Minister Johan Pehrson (L) to SVT Nyheter.

"A New Era"

In April, Talga received the green light from the Land and Environment Court to open a graphite mine outside Vittangi and mine 100,000 tons of ore each year.

The company's plan is to mine graphite outside Kiruna. The mineral will then be used to produce anode material in the factory in Luleå.

- Norrbotten has supplied minerals that have built Europe for a long time. By being able to mine graphite here, Norrbotten is entering a new era to continue supplying the rest of the world, says Talga's founder Mark Thompson to DN.

Sweden challenges China

In recent years, China has seized the battery market for electric cars.

Now Sweden is challenging the superpower through the launch of the new factory in Luleå.

Labor market minister Johan Pehrson emphasizes this.

- It is important. China is acting aggressively and does not shy away from exploiting its position of power in key metals and minerals.

- This shows that Sweden can contribute to Europe and the independence of the democracies in a world that is quite gloomy in this area, says Pehrson to SVT.

Facts Talgas battery anode factory

- The large-scale facility planned for 2024 will be located on the Hertsö field in Luleå and will be able to deliver 19,500 tons of finished anode material per year.

- It is enough for 400,000 electric cars every year, where the anode, which is made of natural graphite from Vittangi, constitutes 40-50% of the active material in a car battery.

- At the same time, Talga plans to subsequently be able to fivefold production to over 100,000 tonnes per year.

Source: Talga Group"

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
That is interesting:

"Atlant Green Tech Metals decreased 0.6 percent in May – Epiroc has received an order from Boliden​

Published5 June at 9.16
The fund Atlant Green Tech Metals decreased 0.6 percent in May. Since the turn of the year, the fund has decreased by 2.1 percent. This is evident from a monthly report from the fund's manager Mattias Gromark.

Initially, the manager writes that the market had a negative month. The Stockholm Stock Exchange fell 2.1 percent in May and has increased 4.3 percent this year.
“As you know, Green Tech Metals invests in sustainable companies in the material supply industry for sustainable energy and electrification. We are convinced that the requirements for sustainable supply chains, at all stages, will only increase in the coming years, especially to Europe and North America", writes Gromark.
Furthermore, the administrator highlights the Chinese company Putailai, which has been in bad weather recently as the company is to build a factory for Northvolt in Torsboda outside Timrå. According to information, Putailai has deliberately concealed the fact that it has a subsidiary in a region of China where a genocide is taking place, which is why, among other things, the United States has banned all trade in Chinese goods from the region.

The manager instead highlights
a number of companies in the portfolio that produce the same type of battery material, but which are instead based on natural graphite, which creates much less carbon dioxide emissions. These companies are Nextsource Materials, Northern Graphite, Noveau Monde Graphite and Talga.

The main contributions to the fund came during the month from the holdings in AMG Critical Materials, Standard Lithium and FLSmidth.
In the negative balance were Electra Battery Materials, IBU-TEC Advanced Materials and Taseko instead.
During the month, the fund reduced its holdings in Eramet and Lundin Mining and increased in Epiroc and Elkem. At the end of May, Epiroc received an order for 130 million kroner from Boliden, which the fund also owns, for mining equipment.
"Boliden has set very high targets to reduce emissions from its operations. By 2030, scope 1 (direct emissions) and 2 (indirect emissions) must be reduced by 40 percent. Scope 3 (indirect emissions from the value chain) must be reduced by 30 percent by 2030.”
The largest holdings in the fund's portfolio at the end of the month were Cameco, Lithium Americas and FLSmidth & Co with portfolio weights of 9.9, 8.0 and 3.7 percent respectively."
Atlant Green Tech Metals, %maj, 2023
Fund MM, change in percentage-0.6
Fund this year, change in percentage-2.1
https://www.realtid.se/telegram/atl...-i-maj-epiroc-har-fatt-en-order-fran-boliden/
direct souce: https://www.atlantfonder.se/?do=template.fil&id=27519&csrf=9dd9d91be8fecefe1157ed4cb63d37ec

It's probably not going to be that easy for them after all. It's good that someone is taking a closer look. What is NV doing now?

______
They are a shareholder.
It is not that insane with AU$561,333, but...!

Atlant Green Tech Metals​

View attachment 37843
https://www.atlantfonder.se/?page=forvaltarkommentar&id=2147 and there follow the link...
The statement above comes 1:1 from the fund description.

Atlant Fonder also retweeted the investor webinar from us. https://twitter.com/mgromark?lang=de
Here is a little update from the fund that also includes Talga.

"During the period, China announced the introduction of export restrictions on graphite materials used in batteries. This is in response to US export restrictions on advanced chip technology to China. But also a warning to the EU, which has launched an investigation into whether China has favoured its electric car sector with undue state aid. The news supported portfolio companies active in graphite materials such as Talga, NextSource and Nouveau Monde Graphite. Earlier this year, China also imposed export restrictions on gallium and germanium, which are critical metals for chip manufacturing and some military applications."
https://www.atlantfonder.se/?do=template.fil&id=27555&csrf=3c99dde6fad5a5daebeba89169e5c590

And I remind you again to their statement about the Chinese company Putailai (NV partnership) in the post I refer to here.

• Love

BigDog

Regular
Yawn 🥱, my apologies, the waiting game for the permit decision is taking its toll on me! But I am respecting the Swedish Supreme Court process 🤘🏼

However, the SP action today was of some interest (or maybe I’m delirious). I must admit I am a sceptic when it comes to SPPs, so I will say this with a grain of salt, but to close today on the days high of $1.10 is somewhat encouraging. There was continually someone/something picking up parcels when the price dropped and it is staying somewhat decently far enough away from the SPP price (for now). I wonder if there are bigger fish picking up their fill as the SPP is for retail investors only this time, or yes, it could be our short friends (not vertically challenged 😀).

It would be a ‘delight’ if the outcome of the decision was made public before the close of the SPP date. I’m not usually that lucky and do not expect that but leered to hoping 🍻

Did I just see Santa fly across the sky? 🎅 🛷

Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
Screenshot_2023-11-20-07-55-50-16_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

BigDog

Regular
Thanks for the graph Cosors! 👏

With some 14m shares shorted (~370m X 4%) we do have a way to go before those mongrals can be excused from any SP conspiracy theories.

With recent volumes sitting around 500,000(ish) a day it doesn’t appear that they are in any hurry to get out but let’s hope they bleed in the very very near future 🩸 🩸

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
Thanks for the graph Cosors! 👏

With some 14m shares shorted (~370m X 4%) we do have a way to go before those mongrals can be excused from any SP conspiracy theories.

With recent volumes sitting around 500,000(ish) a day it doesn’t appear that they are in any hurry to get out but let’s hope they bleed in the very very near future 🩸 🩸
May they all burn.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
Reactions: 5 users
There was continually someone/something picking up parcels when the price dropped and it is staying somewhat decently far enough away from the SPP price (for now). I wonder if there are bigger fish picking up their fill as the SPP is for retail investors only this time, or yes, it could be our short friends (not vertically challenged 😀).

It would be a ‘delight’ if the outcome of the decision was made public before the close of the SPP date.
I gotta say I'm rather surprised that I have not had a call from Automic about the SPP. I'm not going to throw more $$$$ at TLG but a few on Hot Crapper have said they have been contacted. My TLG holding is 225,000 so I would have thought I would be high up on the list to call

BigDog

Regular
I gotta say I'm rather surprised that I have not had a call from Automic about the SPP. I'm not going to throw more $$$$ at TLG but a few on Hot Crapper have said they have been contacted. My TLG holding is 225,000 so I would have thought I would be high up on the list to call
So you’re also one of the 378 holders sitting on >100,001 shares (let’s hope our decision isn’t for nothing, highly unlikely). I know a couple of others in the ‘group’ also and none of us received calls either.

They may have gotten enough before needing to call all of us. Time will tell! Tick tock tick tock ⏰

So you’re also one of the 378 holders sitting on >100,001 shares (let’s hope our decision isn’t for nothing, highly unlikely). I know a couple of others in the ‘group’ also and none of us received calls either.

They may have gotten enough before needing to call all of us. Time will tell! Tick tock tick tock ⏰
Yeah I even checked the registry to make sure my mobile was recorded and it sure was.

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom