TLG Discussion 2022

Monkeymandan

Regular
I wish I could share your optimism but given general sentiment around anode pricing and macro factors at work if permits are granted with an offtake or two and equity/debt financing announced (more dilution ?) I doubt we will see much past $1.50
Hi WTM

We feel your pain. The waiting is torturous, for me predominantly through realising the opportunity cost of holding through all of this, however as much as it frustrates me, of all the ‘speccy’ stocks out there (ie potential for multi-bagging), in my opinion this remains the most nailed on for a positive outcome (minuscule residual risk of a zero sum game imo, incl taking into account sliding sale cost of anode - our margin can take it), and hence where I am comfortable leaving the lions share of my money.

It’s understandable to be feeling jaded by all of this, but the potential that is about to be unlocked hasnt changed - in fact the Talga hand just gets stronger.

The recent silence is deafening, but that to me signals only that multiple facets of the business (in particular Vittangi offtakes, Talnode Si refinery, and Niska+ expansion plan) that we know we’re overdue an update on, are linked or contingent on the permit, and when that finally becomes enforceable, the floodgates are going to open and the re-rate will come.

Celebrating Christmas here in Sydney, but off to Lord Howe Island with the family and in-laws for a week beforehand. Beyond some patchy wifi there’s no phone reception…can’t wait!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Hi super-sleuth @cosors

I’ve just did my regular check in to the anti Vittangi FB page and the lawyer has disappeared from the page and threads - at least for me. Could you check to see if you can still see her?

Cheers
As far as I can see she is still in the group but hasn't posted anything for a while. She shared an article on her own page 17h ago that was shared in the anti group on 16 November, you already know the very detailed article. Otherwise she doesn't have much to celebrate as you can see on her page*. A very active person who is also one of our plaintiffs is H. R. She posted the article in the group. I haven't looked in there for a while. Looking at it now, the poison immediately rises to my nose.

I can't see anything remarkable or new.
In another case they are trying to scrape together money for a lawyer.
*I take howling or angry emojis as positive for us. 😊
😁😅

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
Hi WTM

We feel your pain. The waiting is torturous, for me predominantly through realising the opportunity cost of holding through all of this, however as much as it frustrates me, of all the ‘speccy’ stocks out there (ie potential for multi-bagging), in my opinion this remains the most nailed on for a positive outcome (minuscule residual risk of a zero sum game imo, incl taking into account sliding sale cost of anode - our margin can take it), and hence where I am comfortable leaving the lions share of my money.

It’s understandable to be feeling jaded by all of this, but the potential that is about to be unlocked hasnt changed - in fact the Talga hand just gets stronger.

The recent silence is deafening, but that to me signals only that multiple facets of the business (in particular Vittangi offtakes, Talnode Si refinery, and Niska+ expansion plan) that we know we’re overdue an update on, are linked or contingent on the permit, and when that finally becomes enforceable, the floodgates are going to open and the re-rate will come.

Celebrating Christmas here in Sydney, but off to Lord Howe Island with the family and in-laws for a week beforehand. Beyond some patchy wifi there’s no phone reception…can’t wait!
It looks like a very nice destination!
1701171304308.jpeg

And the view from above looks absolutely familiar to me.
The island is in the middle of nowhere, but one of my researches brought me to this island, otherwise I wouldn't recognise it immediately. Is the island famous or known for anything, from history or novels perhaps?
There is some reason that I 'know' it. But I can't remember.

Reactions: 2 users

brewm0re

Regular
WTM, buddy, we both have grown to become quite a bit more cautious when it comes to Talga and the timeline as well as valuation. However AUD1.50 with all boxes ticked is a bit on the low side, don't you think? 2.50 to 3 seems more realistic, even if we sell at $8 per kg instead of the $12 we want from the DFS.
Yes indeed, DAH should have the bartender give WTM & everybody else for that matter a double shot; where MT’s fireworks (behind his head) are just a prelude of what is surely to come! Better yet, as Semmel has stated many moons ago, the Don Papa will be cracked at the $2-$2.50 zone (if memory serves). Those days are coming eventually!

Reactions: 3 users

Semmel

Regular
View attachment 50771
The island is in the middle of nowhere, but one of my researches brought me to this island, otherwise I wouldn't recognise it immediately. Is the island famous or known for anything, from history or novels perhaps?

I know that island as well. It was featured multiple times in the windows log in screen in the last months. I noticed it because it was repeated from different camera angles.

Semmel

Regular
Yes indeed, DAH should have the bartender give WTM & everybody else for that matter a double shot; where MT’s fireworks (behind his head) are just a prelude of what is surely to come! Better yet, as Semmel has stated many moons ago, the Don Papa will be cracked at the $2-$2.50 zone (if memory serves). Those days are coming eventually!

The fire in the hearth is crackling, the drinks are kept cold in the snow outside, next to the door. Feel free to fire up the sauna too, and go have a cold beer in the scorching heat ;)

I opened the Don Papa on a different occasion already.. but I have a replacement in mind that is not yet in my possession.. BTW, the Don Papa tasts like a bunch of floweres in case you are wondering.. 😅

• Love

Diogenese

Top 20
View attachment 50771
They did the Pied Piper trick to get rid of the rats - and children mysteriously disappear.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
They did the Pied Piper trick to get rid of the rats - and children mysteriously disappear.
Only two children returned because they were late, but one of them was blind so that he could not show the place and the other was mute so that he could not tell the story.

...🙈🙉 too wonderful to tell.)
1701184220372.png

View attachment 50771
Lord Howe is mostly just a tourist destination. Not all that much of interest in a historical sense. There is another island called Norfolk which was a penal colony to take the overflow and the worst of the Sydney convicts.

It is also where the descendants of the Mutiny on the Bounty were settled from Pitcairn Island

Monkeymandan

Regular
As far as I can see she is still in the group but hasn't posted anything for a while. She shared an article on her own page 17h ago that was shared in the anti group on 16 November, you already know the very detailed article. Otherwise she doesn't have much to celebrate as you can see on her page*. A very active person who is also one of our plaintiffs is H. R. She posted the article in the group. I haven't looked in there for a while. Looking at it now, the poison immediately rises to my nose.
I can't see anything remarkable or new.
In another case they are trying to scrape together money for a lawyer.
*I take howling or angry emojis as positive for us. 😊
😁😅
Thanks for checking.

Haha yeah I think there’s a direct correlation between the howling and angry emojis and likelihood of positive appeal outcomes 😆

Mweh....................I still think battery sentiment has changed enormously this year be that due to slower sales or just what China are doing. I don't think those heady forecasts and hopes from all of us from years gone by are valid anymore.

Even if you support the forecast of graphite being in short supply that gap will be filled by synthetic as natural has no hope of filling the gap sufficiently. The world will go for what is the easiest fix to a supply shortage and that will be more synthetic and more synthetic. Natural anode will become inconsequential. Anode will be anode and any deficiencies found in the performance of synthetic in comparison to natural will be overcome in due course.

The World will accept its more polluting to make because the anode is quite a small percentage of overall battery cost and it's better environmentally (even with the extra pollution) to not create new mines

I'll stick to my $1.70 target by the end of 2024

Monkeymandan

Regular
View attachment 50771
Yes it’s a stunning place. Although it’s natural beauty is just a part of its appeal - tourist numbers are limited at any given time, development is very heavily restricted, there’s no phone mast/service and its just generally like stepping back in time a few decades. People say hello to each other, life is governed by daylight and very outdoorsy, doesn’t revolve around smartphones etc. And once you’re there money doesnt count for much, so it’s a bit of an antidote to modern day life I find!

The giant rat cull, seaplanes and the cloud forest are the things it’s probably most famous for.

• Love

Semmel

Regular
Mweh....................I still think battery sentiment has changed enormously this year be that due to slower sales or just what China are doing. I don't think those heady forecasts and hopes from all of us from years gone by are valid anymore.

Even if you support the forecast of graphite being in short supply that gap will be filled by synthetic as natural has no hope of filling the gap sufficiently. The world will go for what is the easiest fix to a supply shortage and that will be more synthetic and more synthetic. Natural anode will become inconsequential. Anode will be anode and any deficiencies found in the performance of synthetic in comparison to natural will be overcome in due course.

The World will accept its more polluting to make because the anode is quite a small percentage of overall battery cost and it's better environmentally (even with the extra pollution) to not create new mines

That is a reasonable analysis. However, I disagree with the price target. Or are you talking USD instead of AUD?

That is a reasonable analysis. However, I disagree with the price target. Or are you talking USD instead of AUD?
AUD......................because the business case for natural anode is frankly stuffed. Eventually the EU will accept that synthetic is the only thing that will bridge the supply gap if or when that occurs.

As far as Talnode Si is concerned the tonnages are below or well below 10kpa (per MT's last seminar) so it's basically a boutique product for the high end car makers

And the Chinese will lift their export bans once they have built enough synthetic production to feed their demand and the rest of the World.

"But the World now knows it must pivot from China for it's graphite"................................................ I hear you all cry

The World never learns it's lessons. Highly polluting production of synthetic is better politically for the EU if it is out of sight in some God forgotten province of China.

Out of sight out of mind

Diogenese

Top 20
AUD......................because the business case for natural anode is frankly stuffed. Eventually the EU will accept that synthetic is the only thing that will bridge the supply gap if or when that occurs.

As far as Talnode Si is concerned the tonnages are below or well below 10kpa (per MT's last seminar) so it's basically a boutique product for the high end car makers

And the Chinese will lift their export bans once they have built enough synthetic production to feed their demand and the rest of the World.

"But the World now knows it must pivot from China for it's graphite"................................................ I hear you all cry

The World never learns it's lessons. Highly polluting production of synthetic is better politically for the EU if it is out of sight in some God forgotten province of China.

Out of sight out of mind
Hi WTM,

That's a pretty bleak prospect. After all, Europe has legislated carbon targets.

Talnode-Si includes graphite, graphene, and silicon. Do you think Talga can increase its Talnode-Si production?

Talnode-SI has 5 times the capacity of graphite, but I don't know if a 100% Talnode-Si battery is practicable - would the Si expansion be damaging?

Have you looked at Hazer (HZR)? Their process offers the prospect of low emission synthetic.

They do hydrogen/graphite co-production from hydrocarbons, using iron ore as a catalyst. The process captures (some of/a lot of/nearly all?) the carbon as graphite. I guess the hydrogen offset would make it better than carbon neutral.

They can control the form of graphite/graphene by regulating the temperature/pressure.

They have a pilot in Canada and are well into building a demonstration plant in WA. They are also negotiating a plant in Japan.

https://hazergroup.com.au/wp-conten...-Facility-Eureka-Report-Apr-23-Transcript.pdf

I think their business model includes licensing the process.

I'm sure they are not blind to the possibilities in the middle east.

Returning to Talga, Talnode-Si has a more complex manufacturing process, but its remarkable capacity will enable it to be sold at a substantial premium.

If Talga needs to incorporate synthetic, then "clean" synthetic could be available, for example, from the Hazer process. If there's any North Sea gas left, they could set up a Hazer plant in Scandanavia, where iron ore is also available. Who knows, maybe even set up a deal via Svemin iron ore miners to pre-carbonize their ore, and use the hydrogen in the blast furnace or whatever they use in hydrogen steel.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
View attachment 50771
Is this the view from above?
1701226834500.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Annika Series 2 on ABC iView does a number on Speech recognition cars ... let's hope series 3 has Akida.

cosors

👀

I agree with both groups here. I understand your concerns.

Especially about the attitude of the population. We all know that even environmentalists are only interested in climate protection projects as long as they don't take place in their back yard. That doesn't just apply to our project, but I can see it across the board in many places. We have just such an example here. A very important power line for the green transition to transport the electricity from the wind parks to the south could be ready next year. But it won't be because a successful lawsuit was filed. It will now take four years instead of one and will cost €14 million per kilometer.

For the most part, people don't care what they buy from where as long as it's cheap, Amazon or Temu are examples that we all know. EVs are far too expensive for the small pockets after the multiple crises.

This brings me to the other side which I understand too. I also don't think the business case is obsolete. At some point, life will go on and demand will rise again and we know it will be high. People will buy what is available, whether it comes from the greenest mine in Europe or not will be just as unimportant to them as whether it comes from China. They will buy what is available.

Once that is the case Talga will make sales. Many or countless companies and start-ups in particular will have fallen by the wayside after the multiple crisis.
And then the investment opportunities for investors will be manageable. Talga will be one of the survivors and an obvious investment opportunity.

I am waiting for the day when Talga will appear here in financial magazines such as Der Aktionär, Handelsblatt or Focus Money. Then it will be called a worthwhile investment. And investment is not really about the small fishes but the ones with a lot of money and their number is increasing and their money has increased rapidly while other small fish have lost a lot in the crisis. Nothing is for 100%, nothing is a monopoly and they will fight against it as always.

This also applies to SG from China.
And we know that this is just one of Talga's businesses. Even inconspicuous ones that some are waiting for here will appear and attract. Yesterday I heard an update on the biggest radio station about the European Graphene Flagship. It was very interesting. Some things are off the table other products are already available. Coating was also mentioned. I don't want to say that I expect a lot of money there but there is Talnode Si and the license business and on top of that the actual core business.

Do you have a need? We can deliver and not even around the world. Times are hard but the earth keeps turning and other times will come. People won't care where they buy from, the same applies to NG from a mine far in the north. In addition, the regulations will have a guiding effect.

So for me, I see the threats but I also have hope because history shows that it always goes on. Our time will come.
And I dream at the end. Talga Si or Talga Tec will be listed here on Euronext or Frankfurt far away from the ASX :)😅

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
Annika Series 2 on ABC iView does a number on Speech recognition cars ... let's hope series 3 has Akida.
You've lost your way again .)

• Haha

Diogenese

Top 20
You've lost your way again .)
In the hall of mirrors, all exit doors look the same ...
especially through shiraz sharpened eyes.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom