TLG Discussion 2022

cosors

👀

5 Stocks on the Radar Amid China’s Graphite Export Ban​

banned.JPG

Recent developments from China’s Ministry of Commerce concerning export permits on critical graphite products have sent ripples through the financial markets. Graphite, indispensable for electric vehicle (EV) batteries, is now under tighter control by China, a country that dominates its global production.
Troy Grant of Elcora Advanced Materials Corp. (TSXV: ERA) highlights,
“Graphite content in an electric vehicle exceeds the demand for any other critical mineral fivefold. We’ve observed China make similar business maneuvers with rare earths, germanium, gallium, and now graphite. This trajectory was anticipated. While I concur with CMI’s Jack Lifton on lithium or cobalt possibly being next, we shouldn’t overlook vanadium.”
According to Critical Minerals Institute (CMI) Director Matt Bohlsen out of Australia early AM,
“The EV boom is creating a surge in demand for graphite… Each fully electric car battery has between 60-100kgs of graphite. China’s proposed ‘export permits’ will likely lead to a shortage of spherical and synthetic graphite outside of China, underscoring the world’s vulnerability to China’s supply disruption of critical minerals.”
Investors are now unquestionably watching stocks that might benefit the global market in light of the challenges presented by yet another China C Critical Mineral export ban. Here are five stocks that we were researching this morning (listed by market cap):

1: Syrah Resources Limited (ASX: SYR) – Market Cap: AUD$307.53M* — Syrah is an Australian Securities Exchange listed industrial minerals and technology company with its flagship Balama Graphite Operation in Mozambique and a downstream Active Anode Material Facility in the United States. Syrah’s vision is to be the world’s leading supplier of superior quality graphite and anode material products, working closely with customers and the supply chain to add value in battery and industrial markets.
2: Talga Group Ltd. (ASX: TLG) – Market Cap: AUD$353.53M* — Talga Group Ltd. is building a European battery materials supply chain to offer products critical to the green transition. Talga’s innovative technology and vertical integration of 100% owned Swedish graphite resources provides security of supply and creates additional value for stakeholders.
3: Zentek Ltd. (NASDAQ: ZTEK | TSXV: ZEN) – Market Cap: USD$128.24M*
Zentek is an ISO 13485:2016 certified intellectual property technology company focused on the research, development and commercialization of novel products seeking to give the Company’s commercial partners a competitive advantage by making their products better, safer, and greener.
Zentek’s patented technology platform ZenGUARD™, is shown to have 99-per-cent anti-microbial activity and to significantly increase the bacterial and viral filtration efficiency of both surgical masks and HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems. Zentek’s ZenGUARD™ production facility is located in Guelph, Ontario.
Zentek has a global exclusive license to the Aptamer-based platform technology developed by McMaster University which is being jointly developed Zentek and McMaster for both the diagnostic and therapeutic markets.
Zentek is also the 100% owner of Albany Graphite Corp. (AGC). AGC’s recently filed 43-101 Mineral Resource Estimate shows circa 1,000,000 tonnes of graphite in Ontario. Importantly, that graphite is volcanic of origin, and globally unique. It is expected that graphite from AGC will perform better in EV batteries than other materials because of the volcanic origin.
4: Nouveau Monde Graphite Inc. (NYSE: NMG | TSXV: NOU) – Market Cap: USD$159.6M*
Nouveau Monde Graphite is striving to become a key contributor to the sustainable energy revolution. The Company is working towards developing a fully integrated source of carbon-neutral battery anode material in Québec, Canada, for the growing lithium-ion and fuel cell markets. With enviable ESG standards, NMG aspires to become a strategic supplier to the world’s leading battery and automobile manufacturers, providing high-performing and reliable advanced materials while promoting sustainability and supply chain traceability.
5: Northern Graphite Corporation (TSXV: NGC | OTCQB: NGPHF) – Market Cap: CAD$28.6M*
Northern is a Canadian, TSX Venture Exchange listed company that is focused on becoming a world leader in producing natural graphite and upgrading it into high value products critical to the green economy including anode material for Lithium-Ion batteries/EVs, fuel cells and graphene, as well as advanced industrial technologies.
Northern is the only graphite producing company in North America and will become the third largest producer outside of China when its Namibian operations come back online. The Company has the large scale Bissett Creek development project in Ontario that will be a source of continued production growth in the future. All projects have “battery quality” graphite and are located close to infrastructure in politically stable jurisdictions.
(*) Market cap figures were sourced from the ASX, TSX, and Yahoo Finance Boards as of market opening on Friday, October 20, 2023. The listed market caps are in millions.
Amid these market shifts, it is pivotal for investors to stay updated and understand the dynamics affecting graphite and related stocks in the critical minerals sector. As China tightens its control over graphite exports, these companies and the wider EV sector will be in sharp focus, making it a space to watch closely in the coming months."
https://investornews.com/critical-m...on-the-radar-amid-chinas-graphite-export-ban/

They don't really sound convinced to me, but also seem to know little about Talga at least that's how it seems to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Semmel

Regular
The power situation looks bad ... Luckily we deconstructed a bunch of wind mills because the Sami are threatened by their existence.

Snarkiness aside, we will be impacted too, as our new factory will need more power as well.. we might need our own bio fuel generator running 24/7 to be green and don't need the power grid..

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users
On the power situation, this was the update in the last quarterly. No issues for Vittangi project so far. I wonder what it will do for Niska+? capex++?

Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 7.34.20 am.png

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Semmel

Regular
yeah, bad wording on my part. Wasnt talking about the currently build factory. But the one for the expansion when it finally happens.

Proga

Regular
Mate I understand your frustration and I'm with you. It's a shitty feeling to be the victim of an attack. I know this, as do many others. But your suffering is even greater than BRN or WBT ever was or is, as I can see right now.

View attachment 47575

Don't get me wrong. I am absolutely and definitely disillusioned (with BRN, TLG and WBT as core of my holding on the ASX). I only follow progress because for me there is no going back. I am one of those here who not only assume that the 'makers' with their mechanisms such as crosstrading, shorting, bots, fake spoofing sell orders, nominees, naked short sellers and I don't know what else control everything anyway and that we with good research are to some extent chasing an illusion. That's why I think the addition of DYOR is obsolete these days.

Without the big banks and financial institutions’ complicity, this highly destructive form of naked short selling could never happen. Instead, they actively facilitate the destruction of shareholder value.
The reason some big banks allow it, despite their sizable compliance departments, appears quite simple: These illegal transactions are highly lucrative. The short-term windfall profits associated with the creation of counterfeit shares are too tempting to resist.

It often goes well beyond “ghost” shares, too. The most nefarious of short sellers target companies with negative reports–sometimes with legitimate information, and sometimes with falsehoods or half-truths–to drive down share prices with maximum impact, thus ensuring that the companies lose their ability to obtain financing. Once that process is completed, naked shorters then begin to offer those same companies alternative financing (predatory debt), which they have no option but to accept.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/end-naked-short-selling
In the article, UBS is named as one of the perpetrators. Who had just recommended us.)

When the 'makers' are ready to milk the SP is pumped then dumped and the game begins again. But now it seems to be different and to be getting out of hand or control. So many companies are being attacked and crushed. From BRN I am used to good news being covered with shorts, great news with a sell off. But BRN is different from Talga.
We here have caught some of the general shorting at the moment I think, we have the bureaucracy against us, the environmentalists and Sami and most importantly the Chinese against us. Who knows maybe they are shorting and hiding behind a nominee. I wouldn't put anything past them. But they would probably do it more cleverly like with the Silk Road projects. They would grant loans until they can no longer be serviced. Then more loans to pay off the interest. And in the last step take over the projects in Chinese hands. Common practice right now.

They put Sweden under a graphite ban, maybe to hit the steel industry but also to hit the biggest and first European battery maker and at the same time, in my view, to force Northvolt to cooperate with the Chinese Plutailai whether it wants to or not. At the moment, there are still human rights violations to be resolved in China, which is prohibited by the supply chain law. The Swedish approval process cannot be relied upon and there is as little control as there is over the SP at the ASX.

I also assume that the shorts will rise. What can I do? Nothing. The regulations on the ASX will not change because it would be much harder to make money. We retailers are the cows. But I have now gone too far with my favourites. I will not leave my ships because I am fascinated by all three. Anson I am taking something out here as the massive deposit is in the heart of the US but unfortunately China owns a bigger piece of the company and uses Chinese licensed technology. Both smell like trouble to me in the US, so I'm cautious and only have a small piece.

I'm disillusioned anyway and a ~ doomsday thinker but that has the advantage that little can surprise me and I'm all the more happy about every step forward. I have the feeling that none of the western countries is creeping as deeply into China's backside as Germany is. I feel that Talga alleviates some of this thought for me personally. I am fused with this and I am a Talgarian 🤘 So now it's out. I am a fanboy too 😜

And please don't get me wrong, I am neither grief-stricken nor fatalistic. It's just that there are not so nice passages in my three novels I'm reading at the moment. But! Weebit has finally reached a goal yesterday, but I can't imagine that they will be able to resist the open call for shorting. Even though I'm over happy that WBT hasn't been beaten up for this good news yet.

In the long run I will remain eternally loyal to these my favourites as long as no one screws up or is grossly negligent. The companies can't be held responsible for everything around them. These three are also somehow emotional for me.
I know it's about investment and not emotions. But that was my initial intention, startups that I can grow old with and look back on someday.
For the sake of common sense and to save nerves I am building a second pool and it will be far away from the ASX.
The ASX has left me speechless too many times. The latest example from yesterday. Weebits ann was downgraded by the ASX as not price sensitive (20% up in two days). When I heard the CEO explain I immediately thought that Weebit is too heavily shorted and someone at the ASX wants to cover their client. Generally I know tickets only for a jump upwards against the will of the shorters. I have lost my faith in the ASX and just assume they are collaborating with the 'makers'.

In any case, I wish us all good luck and success. Don't give hate a chance and don't let the disgusting men divide you.

We will be rewarded for sure!

Finally, I have a question for you. I remember that Germany was or is somehow involved in Syrah or somehow supported Syrah with a lot of money. I have been wondering for a long time what has happened since Tesla and whether any liabilities have arisen from this. Or does this connection to Germany still exist?
Sorry for the delay in the reply mate. Haven't been in since my last post. As you know, since the Chinese announcement which I missed because I was out all day last Friday, things have been a bit hectic. Especially in the SYR thread in HC. TLG bounced a bit but is being
dialled back along with all the graphite stocks. However, I'm hoping the Chinese announcement has alleviated SYR's and TLG's funding issues along with a lot of other graphite stocks. I'm expecting to see MOU's turned into binding off-takes which should also help with the funding issues if graphite companies take the commercial route.

I'm not frustrated by shorting. I've accepted it as part and parcel of investing in the ASX years ago. I'll admit it took a while. I used to cry a lot ;). The focus now has been understanding what their triggers are, their methodology, how it affects the SP and how to take advantage. I've been buying more BRN lately in modest amounts lowering my ave buy price. I'm underwater but not concerned. I bought some more on Tuesday actually. I'm just about done.

I sold all my LTR to Gina so I'm flush atm. I set up a 9 stock buy list from all my watchlists in which I'll buy 3-5 stocks from the list depending on how much value the shorters can eke out of each stock from a buyers perspective. In other words I'm cheering for the shorters atm. I bought AGY this morning as a speculative buy.

WBT is on the list so I read the announcement. I think the ASX is beginning to crack down hard on price sensitive announcements which won't affect revenue in the short term therefore won't sustain any short term SP bounce caused by the announcement. TLG is a shocker at posting price sensitive announcements which aren't so you're probably desensitised. I used to joke that every time Mark took a crap, he would post a price sensitive announcement about it. WBT's SP bounced but the shorters are winding it back. I'll continue to be patient. Tech stocks were hit hard yesterday in the US.

I have a question for you - There was something long before my time. I read a post in HC a few years back about it but nothing since. I can't remember the specifics. Germany hasn't been mentioned in any of the quarterlies, half/full year reports etc since I've been reading them from 2020. I don't think it still exists.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Proga

Regular

5 Stocks on the Radar Amid China’s Graphite Export Ban​

View attachment 47854
Recent developments from China’s Ministry of Commerce concerning export permits on critical graphite products have sent ripples through the financial markets. Graphite, indispensable for electric vehicle (EV) batteries, is now under tighter control by China, a country that dominates its global production.
Troy Grant of Elcora Advanced Materials Corp. (TSXV: ERA) highlights,

According to Critical Minerals Institute (CMI) Director Matt Bohlsen out of Australia early AM,

Investors are now unquestionably watching stocks that might benefit the global market in light of the challenges presented by yet another China C Critical Mineral export ban. Here are five stocks that we were researching this morning (listed by market cap):

1: Syrah Resources Limited (ASX: SYR) – Market Cap: AUD$307.53M* — Syrah is an Australian Securities Exchange listed industrial minerals and technology company with its flagship Balama Graphite Operation in Mozambique and a downstream Active Anode Material Facility in the United States. Syrah’s vision is to be the world’s leading supplier of superior quality graphite and anode material products, working closely with customers and the supply chain to add value in battery and industrial markets.
2: Talga Group Ltd. (ASX: TLG) – Market Cap: AUD$353.53M* — Talga Group Ltd. is building a European battery materials supply chain to offer products critical to the green transition. Talga’s innovative technology and vertical integration of 100% owned Swedish graphite resources provides security of supply and creates additional value for stakeholders.
3: Zentek Ltd. (NASDAQ: ZTEK | TSXV: ZEN) – Market Cap: USD$128.24M*
Zentek is an ISO 13485:2016 certified intellectual property technology company focused on the research, development and commercialization of novel products seeking to give the Company’s commercial partners a competitive advantage by making their products better, safer, and greener.
Zentek’s patented technology platform ZenGUARD™, is shown to have 99-per-cent anti-microbial activity and to significantly increase the bacterial and viral filtration efficiency of both surgical masks and HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems. Zentek’s ZenGUARD™ production facility is located in Guelph, Ontario.
Zentek has a global exclusive license to the Aptamer-based platform technology developed by McMaster University which is being jointly developed Zentek and McMaster for both the diagnostic and therapeutic markets.
Zentek is also the 100% owner of Albany Graphite Corp. (AGC). AGC’s recently filed 43-101 Mineral Resource Estimate shows circa 1,000,000 tonnes of graphite in Ontario. Importantly, that graphite is volcanic of origin, and globally unique. It is expected that graphite from AGC will perform better in EV batteries than other materials because of the volcanic origin.
4: Nouveau Monde Graphite Inc. (NYSE: NMG | TSXV: NOU) – Market Cap: USD$159.6M*
Nouveau Monde Graphite is striving to become a key contributor to the sustainable energy revolution. The Company is working towards developing a fully integrated source of carbon-neutral battery anode material in Québec, Canada, for the growing lithium-ion and fuel cell markets. With enviable ESG standards, NMG aspires to become a strategic supplier to the world’s leading battery and automobile manufacturers, providing high-performing and reliable advanced materials while promoting sustainability and supply chain traceability.
5: Northern Graphite Corporation (TSXV: NGC | OTCQB: NGPHF) – Market Cap: CAD$28.6M*
Northern is a Canadian, TSX Venture Exchange listed company that is focused on becoming a world leader in producing natural graphite and upgrading it into high value products critical to the green economy including anode material for Lithium-Ion batteries/EVs, fuel cells and graphene, as well as advanced industrial technologies.
Northern is the only graphite producing company in North America and will become the third largest producer outside of China when its Namibian operations come back online. The Company has the large scale Bissett Creek development project in Ontario that will be a source of continued production growth in the future. All projects have “battery quality” graphite and are located close to infrastructure in politically stable jurisdictions.
(*) Market cap figures were sourced from the ASX, TSX, and Yahoo Finance Boards as of market opening on Friday, October 20, 2023. The listed market caps are in millions.
Amid these market shifts, it is pivotal for investors to stay updated and understand the dynamics affecting graphite and related stocks in the critical minerals sector. As China tightens its control over graphite exports, these companies and the wider EV sector will be in sharp focus, making it a space to watch closely in the coming months."
https://investornews.com/critical-m...on-the-radar-amid-chinas-graphite-export-ban/

They don't really sound convinced to me, but also seem to know little about Talga at least that's how it seems to me.

The 2 on the video didn't seem to understand anything about graphite. Kept looking backwards and didn't mention the power requirements to make synthetic and how China has been using cheap low quality synthetic graphite in which the west won't accept. Knew nothing about the giga battery factories under construction in the EU and US where western consumers are worried about range and how using more synthetic actually lowers an EV range. I could go on but won't.

On a brighter note:
Even if China starts exporting again, the damage has been done. The west has been sleep walking into this situation and has now been jolted awake. I'll blow some sunshine up my own arse because nobody else ever does but I've been predicting this for the last 4-5 months in HC. Some blow-in poster actually had a crack at me and I'm sure others thought I was mad.

The near term benefits will be
1/ Western producers of anodes/battery manufactures/OEM's wanting to lock in suppliers with binding contracts

2/ Easier access to govt funding and probably a lot more being offered

3/ Govt's wanting to build mines and AAM plants bigger and faster easing permit timeframes **TLG**

4/ AAM only producers wanting to lock in graphite flake suppliers

5/ An ex-China graphite price mechanism. It's been too opaque

6/ A realisation a premium must be paid for graphite

7/ Investors realising graphite isn't only used in pencils

If China wants to play hardball, they can shut down the entire western EV industry in which the west has been investing 100's of billions of dollars to catch up. Unbelievable

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
For Qualcomm advocates:

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/mobile/snapdragon/smartphones/mobile-ai

Our fastest and most advanced Qualcomm AI Engine has at its heart, the powerful Hexagon processor.​

The Qualcomm Hexagon processor is the most essential element of the Qualcomm AI engine. This year we added new architectural features to the heart of our AI Engine. Let’s dive into them.

With a dedicate power delivery system we can freely provide power to Hexagon adaptive to its workload, activate the performance all the way up for heavy workloads or down to extreme power savings

We also added a special hardware to improve group convolution, activation function acceleration and doubled the performance of the Tensor accelerator

Our unique approach to accelerating complex AI models is by breaking down neural networks into micro tiles to speed up the inferencing process. This allows, the scalar, vector and tensor accelerators to work at the same time without having to engage the memory each time, saving power and time [#### ViT? ####]

We are now enabling seamless multi-IP communication effectively with Hexagon using a physical bridge. This link drives high bandwidth and low latency driven use cases like the Cognitive-ISP or upscaling of low resolution in gaming scenarios

We successfully enabled transformation of several DL models from FP32 to INT16 to INT8 while not compromising on accuracy and getting the added advantage of higher performance at lower memory consumption. Now we are pushing the boundaries with INT4 for even higher power savings without compromising accuracy or performance.

• Thinking

Proga

Regular
For Qualcomm advocates:

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/mobile/snapdragon/smartphones/mobile-ai

Our fastest and most advanced Qualcomm AI Engine has at its heart, the powerful Hexagon processor.​

The Qualcomm Hexagon processor is the most essential element of the Qualcomm AI engine. This year we added new architectural features to the heart of our AI Engine. Let’s dive into them.

With a dedicate power delivery system we can freely provide power to Hexagon adaptive to its workload, activate the performance all the way up for heavy workloads or down to extreme power savings

We also added a special hardware to improve group convolution, activation function acceleration and doubled the performance of the Tensor accelerator

Our unique approach to accelerating complex AI models is by breaking down neural networks into micro tiles to speed up the inferencing process. This allows, the scalar, vector and tensor accelerators to work at the same time without having to engage the memory each time, saving power and time [#### ViT? ####]

We are now enabling seamless multi-IP communication effectively with Hexagon using a physical bridge. This link drives high bandwidth and low latency driven use cases like the Cognitive-ISP or upscaling of low resolution in gaming scenarios

We successfully enabled transformation of several DL models from FP32 to INT16 to INT8 while not compromising on accuracy and getting the added advantage of higher performance at lower memory consumption. Now we are pushing the boundaries with INT4 for even higher power savings without compromising accuracy or performance.
In your opinion, how will this affect BRN?

Diogenese

Top 20
In your opinion, how will this affect BRN?
Probably more that it will affect Talga. (That's another "F" for multitasking for me)

• Haha

Proga

Regular
Probably more that it will affect Talga. (That's another "F" for multitasking for me)
Happens to us all. Mine was a serious question while I had you to myself :)

cosors

👀
Sorry for the delay in the reply mate. Haven't been in since my last post. As you know, since the Chinese announcement which I missed because I was out all day last Friday, things have been a bit hectic. Especially in the SYR thread in HC. TLG bounced a bit but is being
dialled back along with all the graphite stocks. However, I'm hoping the Chinese announcement has alleviated SYR's and TLG's funding issues along with a lot of other graphite stocks. I'm expecting to see MOU's turned into binding off-takes which should also help with the funding issues if graphite companies take the commercial route.

I'm not frustrated by shorting. I've accepted it as part and parcel of investing in the ASX years ago. I'll admit it took a while. I used to cry a lot ;). The focus now has been understanding what their triggers are, their methodology, how it affects the SP and how to take advantage. I've been buying more BRN lately in modest amounts lowering my ave buy price. I'm underwater but not concerned. I bought some more on Tuesday actually. I'm just about done.

I sold all my LTR to Gina so I'm flush atm. I set up a 9 stock buy list from all my watchlists in which I'll buy 3-5 stocks from the list depending on how much value the shorters can eke out of each stock from a buyers perspective. In other words I'm cheering for the shorters atm. I bought AGY this morning as a speculative buy.

WBT is on the list so I read the announcement. I think the ASX is beginning to crack down hard on price sensitive announcements which won't affect revenue in the short term therefore won't sustain any short term SP bounce caused by the announcement. TLG is a shocker at posting price sensitive announcements which aren't so you're probably desensitised. I used to joke that every time Mark took a crap, he would post a price sensitive announcement about it. WBT's SP bounced but the shorters are winding it back. I'll continue to be patient. Tech stocks were hit hard yesterday in the US.

I have a question for you - There was something long before my time. I read a post in HC a few years back about it but nothing since. I can't remember the specifics. Germany hasn't been mentioned in any of the quarterlies, half/full year reports etc since I've been reading them from 2020. I don't think it still exists.
Interesting take! with taking advantage of the shorters.
Unfortunately, I had to learn bitterly first and still do it day after day.
At that time I found WBT nice, because no shorter there. Once I get used to a company because I like what they do and what they are up to, then it is not easy for me to watch when it is attacked for pure greed. I hate shorting and therefore build up a second pool where it is not part of the culture of the stock exchange.
I have already taken one or the other multi bager.
So swimming along, I know what you mean.
We don't have a super therefore I can choose where I invest my money. My second pool will be where the shorters don't look or rarely look. On the ASX or NASDAQ it is really a machinery that, I as a layman, have the feeling there are two sides. But that is of course too simplified. If you look at all the ann at WBT then you can watch live how they work. At the moment, they trigger the 5% threshold every day. Who is behind it is therefore of course clear. They are hitting the SP with all means until they get what they want. And help comes directly from the ASX. But hey - they only deal well with their clients. They earn in both directions. Therefore, the SP course sometimes seems arbitrary.
However. I stay with this pool and watch the whole story. Like you, I knew what I was doing before and my life goes on. And maybe I'll get lucky and one of my startups will finish and become big over the years.

I don't think it still exists.
If you mean the small plant in Rudolstadt, it exists. The employees are real. You can follow them on Linkedin or the local Xing and in the local associations. The site will probably not be the headquarters for Talnode Si for much longer. They are looking intensively for a new location because customers are very interested.
I have never looked at the reports so closely whether their costs are kept separately there like rent or employees separately over the locations.

• Love
The 2 on the video didn't seem to understand anything about graphite. Kept looking backwards and didn't mention the power requirements to make synthetic and how China has been using cheap low quality synthetic graphite in which the west won't accept. Knew nothing about the giga battery factories under construction in the EU and US where western consumers are worried about range and how using more synthetic actually lowers an EV range. I could go on but won't.

On a brighter note:
Even if China starts exporting again, the damage has been done. The west has been sleep walking into this situation and has now been jolted awake. I'll blow some sunshine up my own arse because nobody else ever does but I've been predicting this for the last 4-5 months in HC. Some blow-in poster actually had a crack at me and I'm sure others thought I was mad.

The near term benefits will be
1/ Western producers of anodes/battery manufactures/OEM's wanting to lock in suppliers with binding contracts

2/ Easier access to govt funding and probably a lot more being offered

3/ Govt's wanting to build mines and AAM plants bigger and faster easing permit timeframes **TLG**

4/ AAM only producers wanting to lock in graphite flake suppliers

5/ An ex-China graphite price mechanism. It's been too opaque

6/ A realisation a premium must be paid for graphite

7/ Investors realising graphite isn't only used in pencils

If China wants to play hardball, they can shut down the entire western EV industry in which the west has been investing 100's of billions of dollars to catch up. Unbelievable
I get what you are saying (and agree) but surely there would be some long term graphite contracts in place between Chinese companies and ex China OEMs. I would have thought those exports would be still allowed despite the ban.

This would surely only affect non-contractural arrangements otherwise any contract with China for absolutely anything is worthless

From a purely self interest point of view I hope I am wrong

Proga

Regular
I get what you are saying (and agree) but surely there would be some long term graphite contracts in place between Chinese companies and ex China OEMs. I would have thought those exports would be still allowed despite the ban.

This would surely only affect non-contractural arrangements otherwise any contract with China for absolutely anything is worthless

From a purely self interest point of view I hope I am wrong
If any country just not China, decides you need an export permit, it over rides all binding off-take agreements. It's why a contract between 2 companies always includes a contract provision of Force Majeure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Semmel

Regular
Talga issues 15M shares at $1AUD.. with a purchase plan finalized at end of November.

To be honest, we expected a raise. However, I did NOT expect a raise of just 15M shares, so I am very happy about that. Less than 5% of the current issue. Also the price is ok, not a huge discount as Talga historically shows.

However, 15M.. thats.. just about the running cost of 2 quarters. Which leaves me quite confused. Why so small? I mean, I get it, the share price is quite low and maybe that issue is made in order to fulfill some sort of requirement for the project financing and they dont want to dilute more than necessary. But thats the only explanation I can come up with. It also implies that Talga believes they will close deals within a few months and get a more favorable financing round after deals close. Might be hopeful thinking here though.

Reactions: 9 users

ACinEur

Regular
Agreed, IMO such a small raise shows confidence that permits will be approved and offtakes etc will be signed, removing the need to have 6 mths plus cash on hand… But given the current market I expect SP will drop below $1 so will be interesting to see how many investors buy in. I’m already fully loaded so will pass on this one. GLTAH

manny100

Regular
Agreed, IMO such a small raise shows confidence that permits will be approved and offtakes etc will be signed, removing the need to have 6 mths plus cash on hand… But given the current market I expect SP will drop below $1 so will be interesting to see how many investors buy in. I’m already fully loaded so will pass on this one. GLTAH
Agree, i think i will throw a few $$ at the SPP and hold back a bit in case it falls below $1 - they usually do.
I note that they can issue up to 108 mill shares.
If in the unlikely event the appeals are successful we will definitely see falls and if its announced before the 29th Nov when scale backs etc are announced we will see a fair bit more than $15 mill raised.
I the appeals are denied then its all up from here.
I am happy to keep accumulating.

Talga issues 15M shares at $1AUD.. with a purchase plan finalized at end of November.

To be honest, we expected a raise. However, I did NOT expect a raise of just 15M shares, so I am very happy about that. Less than 5% of the current issue. Also the price is ok, not a huge discount as Talga historically shows.

However, 15M.. thats.. just about the running cost of 2 quarters. Which leaves me quite confused. Why so small? I mean, I get it, the share price is quite low and maybe that issue is made in order to fulfill some sort of requirement for the project financing and they dont want to dilute more than necessary. But thats the only explanation I can come up with. It also implies that Talga believes they will close deals within a few months and get a more favorable financing round after deals close. Might be hopeful thinking here though.
The Audit Report in the final accounts was qualified on a going concern basis for the current financial year. Nothing unusual for a pre Revenue company. I think this is just part of getting Funding Partners due diligence squared away for the time being with a larger raise at a much higher price sometime next year after plenty of announcements are made.

There was probably a Red Flag caused by the Audit Report which needed fixing prior to final approval

Reactions: 6 users

manny100

Regular
$15 mill should tide us over until the good news starts flowing. Also a bit of a reward for loyal holders.

cosors

👀

Screenshot_2023-11-06-12-36-48-36_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Somehow the ASX ticker no longer seems to work properly at TSE.

Last edited:

cosors

👀
View attachment 48912

Somehow the ASX ticker no longer seems to work properly at TSE.
@zeeb0t that's four announcements in one day and none have found their way to TSE. Somehow the ASX platform no longer seems to be properly integrated here.
Screenshot_2023-11-06-13-00-55-43_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

The link has not been working properly for some time. But first we could at least see that there is an ASX announcement. Please could you fix it for us?

Last edited:
Top Bottom