TLG Discussion 2022

Proga

Regular
Just as I said, it has a reason and is not just a calculation error - IMO. I can't imagine that. You're right it happens here and there. But everything has a reason. I suspect quite simply that the package in question is not visible to the algos at the time of the survey. Maybe some kind of transmission. But it doesn't matter either.
Wasn't the ASX going to switch to a new system then pulled back and burned ~250M in this process?
The ASX was but didn't know enough about it if it would have fixed the file loading error. When it comes to fixing bugs in its own systems which don't affect day to day trading, the ASX makes glaciers look like fast flowing rapids.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Proga

Regular

Proga

Regular
We may know more from this. They only held a Lithium event in Washington 3-4 weeks ago so the anode will get better air time for a change. They have 40 speakers already for the 3 day event. SYR's CEO is one of them. Shaun is on this panel which runs for an hour and a half so plenty of time to go into detail on issues discussed. Hopefully they'll post the audio on SYR's website.

Keynote Stage
Anodes Keynotes
Developments in natural and synthetic graphite markets that will shape the future of the anode sector
- Understanding the current landscape of graphite production and forecasted challenges and opportunities
- Natural graphite: Where is ex-China flake graphite in development? How are the spherical processing ambitions changing?
- Synthetic graphite: How is the ex-China synthetic graphite and needle coke supply chain developing?

Dr Chris Burns, Novonix Ltd
Craig Scherba, NextSource Materials
Shaun Verner, Syrah Resources

14 - 16 Nov 2023

The Ritz Carlton, Marina del Rey, Los Angeles

Benchmark's Flagship Event Returns​

Since 2016, Benchmark Week has been the leading gathering for the world’s lithium-ion battery supply chain and the wider energy transition.
This year, multiple content streams held simultaneously over three days will provide broader context of the opportunities and challenges facing clean energy supply chains, with in depth expert presentations & discussions alongside unrivalled networking, all hosted by Benchmark Mineral Intelligence.

JNRB

Regular
Hi all. I'm only just getting around to watching the panel discussion from a few weeks ago and just hit one bit I wanted to share because I don't think it's come up yet.

Our SP is heading down, partly stupid/selfish NIMBY's, partly stupid bureaucracy, but also a big part the current pricing trends for graphite/anode.

At roughly 26 minute mark, MT states (paraphrasing)
'China is now selling at at below the cost of production. So we've pretty much hit the bottom, that's what our contacts in China are telling us'

That sounds like good news to me. :)

Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
Hi all. I'm only just getting around to watching the panel discussion from a few weeks ago and just hit one bit I wanted to share because I don't think it's come up yet.

Our SP is heading down, partly stupid/selfish NIMBY's, partly stupid bureaucracy, but also a big part the current pricing trends for graphite/anode.

At roughly 26 minute mark, MT states (paraphrasing)
'China is now selling at at below the cost of production. So we've pretty much hit the bottom, that's what our contacts in China are telling us'

That sounds like good news to me. :)
I think they can't afford it forever. Their financial problems are too big for that. Hence the aggressiveness not only in this sector. It could hurt the negotiations now, but it will certainly look different in the years when we produce. Besides, MT also provides a flexible calculation as a basis for the negotiations.
I read somewhere the other day that China has increased production of rare earths, prices are falling, so Myanmar is cutting production, but not in the areas China controls.
In the long term someone predicts that prices will rise again as a result.

Reactions: 1 users
This is the second time in a few weeks that MT has come across as pleading

If you want or need government support it means one thing…..

Our business case does not stack up anymore, I think we will be at $0.80 or lower very soon no matter the permit decision

Absolute investment disaster

Too many time’s Australians have seen businessmen out of Perth talk BS and I think this is the case yet again

Shareholders Webinar “all great”

Every other presentation since is “we need support “

I might be sounding like Pabs but I smell total BS with TLG and MT

Bullshit lithium announcement months ago then the latest really makes it look like a House built on BS

Natural Graphite could be screwed, it’s easier for a politician to go with synthetic than it is for them to fight to bring in new mines against opponents who want to save the environment and whatever animals or mushrooms might or might not be there

Not just Sweden but everywhere

Sorry that’s just human nature for a politician

Ok tell me why you disagree……….

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
@cosors I edited my post to make it more depressing 😱

• Haha

cosors

👀

Our business case does not stack up anymore, I think we will be at $0.80 or lower very soon no matter the permit decision

Too many time’s Australians have seen businessmen out of Perth talk BS and I think this is the case yet again

Bullshit lithium announcement months ago then the latest really makes it look like a House built on BS

Natural Graphite could be screwed, it’s easier for a politician to go with synthetic than it is for them to fight to bring in new mines against opponents who want to save the environment and whatever animals or mushrooms might or might not be there

MT can do nothing for or against it. It is his heart's project, his life's work. Don't worry too much. You are all in with graphite. And as I said, China can't last forever, neither can the local antis. But I understand what you mean. But I don't see it so dramatically, because the ball keeps spinning on we sticking on whether the Chinese or the antis want it or not.

cosors

👀
@cosors I edited my post to make it more depressing 😱
Fuck the SP...
You're in too deep anyway. You'd be crazy to say, yes, you Chinese broke me, I'm out. That would be a disaster.)
Hang in there

MT can do nothing for or against it. It is his heart's project, his life's work. Don't worry too much. You are all in with graphite. And as I said, China can't last forever, neither can the local antis. But I understand what you mean. But I don't see it so dramatically, because the ball keeps spinning on we sticking on whether the Chinese or the antis want it or not.
Supply chains will only really change if something really dramatic happens.

It did………….nothing happened

The lessons are quickly fading away again

Everything is back to normal pretty much

What was that covid thing about ?

😱😱😱😱😱😱
Fuck the SP...
You're in too deep anyway. You'd be crazy to say, yes, you Chinese broke me, I'm out. That would be a disaster.)
Hang in there
I am hanging in just stating the obvious 🍷😂

Anyway greetings from Milano 🍷🍷🍷🍷

Can someone tell me I am wrong 😂

• Sad

cosors

👀
Yes you are from my point.
The factory is not even built but they are in the process building it. And time is so fast-moving right now that no one can say what will be in a year. Don't look at the SP like that. I'm only worried when it breaks through the lower point. But that doesn't matter too much for you anyway. Ask me for SP with BRN or WBT.) Talga is still harmless. So just wait and see what the sluggish Talga ocean liner does. From my point of view MT has not made any mistakes. He has made us aware of detours working officially that we already suspected. I think that is only fair.
China is not the world and never will be. And no one can sell below price forever. There is enough time until the factory is built. Then I'll see.

Last edited:
  • Love

Would love to tell you you’re wrong but can’t do it at the moment.

All the forecasts for natural graphite seem (so far) to have underestimated the speed of supply response from China synthetic, and overestimated the demand for ESG friendly product.

The natural graphite investment case at present has collapsed. We’re now left waiting on EU intervention to turn it around for Talga, and we all know how quickly they move.

I fear that it $1 falls (which could be today) then the bottom could be a lot lower than 80c.

I’m disappointed it’s taken me this long to see it when the market had made it fairly obvious for a while if I took the blinkers off.

not much fun this

cosors

👀
Supply chains will only really change if something really dramatic happens.

It did………….nothing happened

The lessons are quickly fading away again

Everything is back to normal pretty much

What was that covid thing about ?

😱😱😱😱😱😱

I am hanging in just stating the obvious 🍷😂

Anyway greetings from Milano 🍷🍷🍷🍷
I think it is much too early to say that nothing has changed. We are in the middle of these action plans and they have to take effect first. China is giving everything to remain the dominator.
But hell, it doesn't look good. This project doesn't deserve such a sell-off. But at some point it has to hit bottom. I mean this is about livelihoods and real wages and not some risk game. Talga is about to build. This is probably a real tree shaker to get rid of the last doubters. I don't think China is going to win this one and that mushrooms whose mycelium can convert are worth more than 1.16Mt of CO² savings at the minimum.
Tough times. But the employees can not just drop. So on. This will now be even harder.
I am less concerned about the Swedish policy or permit process.
It is rather as if each blow of China sits up into the negotiations.
A big test whether Europe and western world gives up itself and goes rather well-behaved at China's hand.
Perhaps there is also something of the new conflict in it which threatens to expand, the Arab against the Western world. And again, China is laughing and acting as a helper and Putin is rubbing his hands.
But I do not believe that Europe is so defenseless. But I feel sorry for MT for whom it will be even harder now. But maybe he has a plan B. As I said, the Chinese can't hold out forever:
Another Chinese property giant is teetering on the brink

Last edited:
  • Fire

cosors

👀

As if you had a bad premonition. I often have the thought too that everything will tip over because the rest of the world doesn't care if we slide even faster into disaster because the industrialized countries are to blame anyway and not the consumers. Twisted again too.
But you have often read through my frustration about the false environmentalists who torpedo every green project. The only ones I make out who fight against it and of course again and again is China, no matter where no matter what. Even the bridge construction here is a disaster because cheap Chinese steel was bought. Chinese is everywhere like PFAS.
But I can not just give up and say: F* what the green movement says when even the same fight against themselves.
Politics is still immovable. Then something new will come. I do not believe that this fight is lost.
All the posts and frustration actually belong in the bar.

Last edited:
  • Love

cosors

👀

I don't think it's right to blame MT for geopolitics.
The only thing I could blame is this: Talga was founded as a miner. And miners are looking for minerals as happened last time. You may know my analysis about this deposit and the challenges associated with it. And you know that exploration has already been facilitated and major changes are yet to come. Nevertheless, this ann should not have been price sensitive Y from my point of view. 'We have found lithium.' Maybe there are even rules at the ASX about what to classify price sensitive.
And MT is not a novice after all but a geologist. So I don't think he did this just to produce substance for a CR. And why did he split the individual projects into subsidiaries. Maybe he is doing his job and the Y should have been an N. But other than that I see little to no BS to hold him accountable for.
In the end nothing has changed, the need is there and he could sell 10 times as much. The antis are also still in position to fight the climate. And Brussels is still tapping impatiently on the table which is why laws are being adjusted.

Why shouldn't there be an opponent hiding behind some nominee who fights as offensively as possible against this sector. I mean, putting a graphite ban is no small matter for the country with the largest iron mine and the first large battery manufacturer in Europe. Brussels sees that. And I can't imagine it being ignored right now.

To me this smells more like a targeted action than BS we failed to recognize all these years. That China acts against Sweden with graphite is proof enough that MT is exactly right and at the right fight. I don't see any BS from him. Sure, the last Y should have been N and maybe he could have saved himself the trouble of putting the four wells results as a correction in this round.

Last edited:
I don’t think trading today is anything directly to do with the lithium announcement - eg not because of the stuff in the ground. Just holder(s) exiting a reasonable sized position. Outside chance they did so because they see the company’s misstep with the way lithium was reported as emblematic of a wider problem, but more likely just today was the day to close the book on Talga as a graphite/anode investment.

cosors

👀
There must have been a lot of stop losses by retailers in the low of the last few years.

At the other place, there's speculation that the sell-off is connected with a regular newsletter from Fattail.com.au, this was send out this morning with a Sell-Recommendation. No further info has been shared yet, except the fact they also gave same input regarding another company (highfield resources), and you can see it followed a similar trend and massive volume.

In two weeks is a webinar from Benchmark Minerals regarding current developments in the graphite and anode sector. I would not be surprised if - contrary to Mark's statement - the price of anode material has also developed strongly negatively, at least there are various indications of this. For example, Novonix has also massively lowered its forecasts regarding selling prices. I think at one point we were at $15-20 per ton, now they are only assuming $7-10, and at the same time they state that their product is market leading and superior to the benchmark. I wouldn't put all that on a gold scale, but I also have the impression that Mark sometimes paints a too rosy picture. It's crazy that we've lost what feels like another year of time, and as a result have to do one or two more capital raises just to keep the business running.

Top Bottom