TLG Discussion 2022

JNRB

Regular
Supply chains will only really change if something really dramatic happens.

It did………….nothing happened
Can someone tell me I am wrong 😂
Ok :)
Something is still happening, it's just happening really slowly. Because, you know, - europe -

- Inflation Reduction Act (yes I know this ones not europe but still has an effect)
- Critical Raw Materials Act
- Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism

These things will continue to push supply chains towards local/sustainable.

This is the second time in a few weeks that MT has come across as pleading

If you want or need government support it means one thing…..

Our business case does not stack up anymore, I think we will be at $0.80 or lower very soon no matter the permit decision
Our business case for phase 1 is fine, progressing, and will make a company that is worth multiples of what it's SP is today, even at only 19ktpa. So I'm still not worried about my investment despite the short-term negativity. We are building a plant. We almost have a mine permitted. We've progressed through qualification processes. We have debt funding. We have MoU's for customers.
All coming together.

But MT has big plans. All of his comments and negativity - IMO - relate to the support we'll need for the NEXT phase of Talga's development. The big to really-really-big scale-up. So while he's understandably a bit shitty that we aren't getting the support required to progress that as quickly as we'd like, there's still time for it to happen. While he stated a lot of frustrations, he also stated a lot of times where he can see things starting to change.

In the short-term, people seem to be conflating long-term headwinds with short-term impacts. On top of the volatility in the middle east right now, and China screwing around with EV/battery markets to try and gain an edge, yeah SP could continue heading down. But I think the big picture for TLG is still great, even if it just takes a little longer.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
Chart for TLG and HFR today - both apparently listed as Sell in the Fattail newsletter (I haven’t seen it). These newsletter recommendations can seemingly move share prices - seen it the other way a few times with TLG.

7B8ADFBA-C7C3-4F72-8D75-33BB255EBCDD.jpeg

Attachments

• 6FCAA0A5-FFAA-4BC4-943B-75490FEA23A4.jpeg
    6FCAA0A5-FFAA-4BC4-943B-75490FEA23A4.jpeg
    849.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

BlackBeak

Regarding the fattail article from today with the headline to "Sell Talga Group and Highfield Resources".

This article is available to Retirement Trader subscribers only. If you look at that profile, it's managed by "Murray Dawes".

Turns out he writes "The Closing Bell" on moneymorning, and 4 days ago he wrote there about preserving capital, and how he sees the market as being in a terrible state, and this can lead to projects finding it super difficult to find financing if at all, and if they did the rate would be so high it would make the project unfeasible.

So his sentiment might have led to the recommendation to sell Talga, a project currently seeking finance and yet to receive any (although it sounds like many irons are in the fire behind the scenes, and the regulatory environment in Europe helps our cause).

Reactions: 9 users
Ok :)
Something is still happening, it's just happening really slowly. Because, you know, - europe -

- Inflation Reduction Act (yes I know this ones not europe but still has an effect)
- Critical Raw Materials Act
- Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism

These things will continue to push supply chains towards local/sustainable.

Our business case for phase 1 is fine, progressing, and will make a company that is worth multiples of what it's SP is today, even at only 19ktpa. So I'm still not worried about my investment despite the short-term negativity. We are building a plant. We almost have a mine permitted. We've progressed through qualification processes. We have debt funding. We have MoU's for customers.
All coming together.

But MT has big plans. All of his comments and negativity - IMO - relate to the support we'll need for the NEXT phase of Talga's development. The big to really-really-big scale-up. So while he's understandably a bit shitty that we aren't getting the support required to progress that as quickly as we'd like, there's still time for it to happen. While he stated a lot of frustrations, he also stated a lot of times where he can see things starting to change.

In the short-term, people seem to be conflating long-term headwinds with short-term impacts. On top of the volatility in the middle east right now, and China screwing around with EV/battery markets to try and gain an edge, yeah SP could continue heading down. But I think the big picture for TLG is still great, even if it just takes a little longer.
Ok you have given me a bit of faith again

No @cosors not selling…….yet

I think you are right with the NEXT phase thing as that goes kinda with his broadcast commentary, he needs to be more precise when he speaks though. Too loose with language

However I’m wondering how heavily geared he is with his TLG shares, we know he has borrowed against them or to buy them, if the SP goes too much lower at what point does he have a lender start covering by selling MT’s shares from under him ??????

Just a thought as it would be a catastrophic outcome for the SP

Anyway we’ll lose another 10% plus today as there is blood in the water and there are plenty of sharks around

Permits can’t come soon enough

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
Ok you have given me a bit of faith again

No @cosors not selling…….yet

I think you are right with the NEXT phase thing as that goes kinda with his broadcast commentary, he needs to be more precise when he speaks though. Too loose with language

However I’m wondering how heavily geared he is with his TLG shares, we know he has borrowed against them or to buy them, if the SP goes too much lower at what point does he have a lender start covering by selling MT’s shares from under him ??????

Just a thought as it would be a catastrophic outcome for the SP

Anyway we’ll lose another 10% plus today as there is blood in the water and there are plenty of sharks around

Permits can’t come soon enough
I don't know anything about that (e.g.), I admit, and many others probably don't either. MT borrowed money for his shares, if I understand you correctly. And the lender could exert pressure.
I'm trying to put myself in his shoes in this scenario, his life's work. Wouldn't he rather sell his world unique graphite cube than give away even one of his shares?

Last edited:
I don't know anything about that (e.g.), I admit, and many others probably don't either. MT borrowed money for his shares, if I understand you correctly. And the lender could exert pressure.
I'm trying to put myself in his shoes in this scenario, his life's work. Wouldn't he rather sell his world unique graphite cube than give away even one of his shares?
Yes if he has used his shares to borrow $$$$$ then there could be a call on that security meaning the lender sells some of his shares

I don’t know at what point that could be ?

Reactions: 1 users

JNRB

Regular
Wasn't there an announcement on it? Can look back at that. Director purchases all announced to market, I assume the shares used as collateral were priced as per when he took the loan

Semmel

Regular
Interesting post from user acwbagnall on HC:
Far out the ASX is a dull place to be the past few months. Every stock in the battery materials sector is down at rock bottom - many like TLG back to 2018 prices where they were before the last bull market surge - yet many of these have also seen huge progress over those 5 or so years. Perhaps none more so than Talga - which has now ticked virtually all the boxes for a derisked operation and has moved into construction phase.
In every forum on here people are debating why various companies are down at 5 year lows, and the same arguments come up in all of them. The fact is the reason companies like Talga are now so low is almost entirely macro driven. The market is hugely risk off at present and money is flowing away from anything remotely speculative. Talga is still pre revenue and particularly to newcomers to the stock, does appear to have significant risk around funding and offtake deals, enough to spook people away from it in this present climate.
However, the macro sentiment does not have much influence on Talga's execution, and chances of success - other than perhaps the slight issue of increased dilution in the event of needing to raise capital at a low price.
If you have done your research and saw good value here at $1.50+ then $1 or less is a steal.
Folks like fat tail deciding that all pre-revenue companies are too risky and publishing a sell note in a newsletter should be ignored by anyone who has done their own research on what this company is, and where it is positioned in the market.
If Talga after 13 or so years of exploration, planning and permitting cannot now complete the build of this mine and begin selling product, then the rest of the hopefuls out there have very little chance, and the global electric transition is not going to be feasible.
Right now feels a lot like when I first got into lithium stocks in a big way in 2018 as I thought they were begging to look far too cheap - and I then watched my investments dwindle down much further over 18 months before finally confirming what my research had told me - and rebounding in a big way.
Graphite almost certainly must go the same way in the medium term - and near term active annode producers outside of China are going to be at the front of the pack (think PLS/AKE for comparison).
DYOR and trust in it, and don't be spooked by those that have not and are just following the herd.
https://hotcrapper.com.au/posts/70416346/single

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Semmel

Regular
LOL @ changebot.. that link defacement is actually funny :)

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Proga

Regular
Interesting post from user acwbagnall on HC:

Everyone is missing what's driving the SP. @cosors you say TLG are about to build. SYR is about to finish but the shorters have smashed it like BRN. The shorters have changed the dynamics of the market and now every investment house big or small is shorting adding volume.

It isn't like the good old days when a mine or manufacturing facility started building and the punters get excited driving up the SP. The shorters are using their volume to put a lid on the SP by selling at the midpoint not allowing the selling line to be taken out, allowing the SP to appreciate.

The only antidote is for a company to start earning consistent revenue or increase existing revenue. Look at PLS. The lithium price has collapsed but PLS is still earning decent coin but it is now the most shortered stock on the ASX. Just ahead of SYR. The shorters don't give a rats ass about the future mid to long term fundamentals of a company.

I expect the shorters to continue to increase their position in TLG.

However China's announcement today might change things - China will require export permits for some graphite products from Dec. 1 to protect national security, the commerce ministry said on Friday, as it faces growing challenges from foreign governments over its manufacturing dominance.

They're targeting both natural and synthetic spherical graphite. They currently manufacture 100% of natural SPG and about 90% of synthetic. SYR is currently commissioning their first natural AAM plant. The above might speed things along. I'm expecting the US DOE to send their experts down there to help things along. Having enough people to calibrate the mills and shapers is the limiting factors along with lab access to test the results.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
1697801178172.png

Electric Vehicles

"China Curbs Export of Key EV Metal as Tech War With US Deepens​

October 20, 2023

China is the world’s top graphite exporter and refines more than 90% of the world’s graphite into the material used in virtually all EV batteries​

1697801230853.jpeg

An electric vehicle battery cell, a graphite anode (the negative electrode of the battery) and a graphite drill core are seen at the research and development centre of graphite anode company 👉 Talga Group in Cambridge, Britain. Photo: Reuters

China’s commerce ministry announced restrictions on exports of key electric vehicle battery metal graphite on Friday, days after the United States imposed tighter restrictions on shipments of artificial intelligence chips to the country.

The country will now require export permits for some graphite products, a move it said aims to protect national security.

China is the world’s top graphite producer and exporter. It refines more than 90% of the world’s graphite into the material that is used in virtually all EV battery anodes (the negatively charged portion of a battery).

Also on AF: US Curbs Set Off Sales, Tech Boom for China Chip Equipment Firms

China’s commerce ministry said the move was “conducive to ensuring the security and stability of the global supply chain and industrial chain, and conducive to better safeguarding national security and interests”.

👉 It added that it was not targeting any specific country.
They just got it wrong to ban Sweden, it didn't happen?!

Beijing’s move comes amid a bitter trade and technology war with the West, with many foreign governments increasing their pressure on Chinese companies over their industrial practices.

The European Union is weighing levying tariffs on Chinese-made EVs, arguing they unfairly benefit from subsidies.

Top buyers of graphite from China include Japan, the United States, India and South Korea, according to Chinese customs data.

Graphite shortages imminent​

Under the new restrictions, China will require exporters to apply for permits to ship two types of graphite, including high-purity, high-hardness and high intensity synthetic graphite material, and natural flake graphite and its products.

Three types of “highly sensitive” graphite items had already been under temporary controls, the commerce ministry said, and are included in the new list.

Meanwhile, it dropped temporary controls on five less sensitive graphite items used in basic industries such as steel, metallurgy, and chemicals.
1697801350602.jpeg

The new measures, which come into effect from December 1, will ensure the domestic supply of graphite for military use, such as in the aerospace sector, as well as domestic battery-making, Chang Ke, an analyst at consultancy Mysteel, said.

With rising sales of electric vehicles, automakers are racing to lock in supplies from outside China, but shortages are looming.

“It’s a restriction on EV material flowing out as many new energy companies are increasingly building up more plants overseas,” Chang said.

Graphite prices ‘likely to rise’​

Shares in China’s new energy vehicle and battery makers rose after the ministry’s announcement.

China’s curbs on graphite are similar to those it imposed on two chip-making metals, gallium and germanium, since August 1.

The restrictions have slashed exports of those metals from China recently and pushed up prices outside of the country.

Analysts said it was not clear how much impact the new measures on graphite will have in the short term.

“This control is not a complete ban, and there has been no significant impact on any industry during the previous temporary control,” Ivan Lam, a senior analyst at Counterpoint Research, said.

Prices for natural flake graphite were 3,950 yuan (about $540) a metric ton this week, down 25% from the beginning of this year because of declining demand from the EV sector, according to Mysteel.

However, Counterpoint’s Lam said that graphite prices are likely to rise.

“We believe that the average price of graphite will continue to rise in the future due to supply and demand imbalances, including Russia, which was one of the major graphite suppliers before the Russia-Ukraine war,” he said.

👉 China has reduced natural graphite mining in recent years to protect the environment, instead ramping up synthetic graphite output since 2021. The synthetic form now accounts for 70% of China’s output, according to Mysteel. 👈
I consider this to be an open lie. 250 new coal-fired power plants, every week one new, 150 new coal mines. That is the tone. We have to live with that.

• Reuters, with additional editing by Vishakha Saxena

Also read:​

US Expands Ban on Top AI Chips, Curbs to Hit Many Countries

China Blocked Exports of Two Chipmaking Metals in August

China Metal Curbs, Rare Earths Risks Fuel Hunt For Safe Sources

China’s Gallium Curbs a Headache for EV Carmakers

Chinese Envoy Warns US: More Chip Bans and We’ll Hit Back

German Carmakers Fear EU’s China EV Probe: Minister – Politico"​

https://www.asiafinancial.com/china-curbs-export-of-key-ev-metal-as-tech-war-with-us-deepens

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Everyone is missing what's driving the SP. @cosors you say TLG are about to build. SYR is about to finish but the shorters have smashed it like BRN. The shorters have changed the dynamics of the market and now every investment house big or small is shorting adding volume.

It isn't like the good old days when a mine or manufacturing facility started building and the punters get excited driving up the SP. The shorters are using their volume to put a lid on the SP by selling at the midpoint not allowing the selling line to be taken out, allowing the SP to appreciate.

The only antidote is for a company to start earning consistent revenue or increase existing revenue. Look at PLS. The lithium price has collapsed but PLS is still earning decent coin but it is now the most shortered stock on the ASX. Just ahead of SYR. The shorters don't give a rats ass about the future mid to long term fundamentals of a company.

I expect the shorters to continue to increase their position in TLG.

However China's announcement today might change things - China will require export permits for some graphite products from Dec. 1 to protect national security, the commerce ministry said on Friday, as it faces growing challenges from foreign governments over its manufacturing dominance.

They're targeting both natural and synthetic spherical graphite. They currently manufacture 100% of natural SPG and about 90% of synthetic. SYR is currently commissioning their first natural AAM plant. The above might speed things along. I'm expecting the US DOE to send their experts down there to help things along. Having enough people to calibrate the mills and shapers is the limiting factors along with lab access to test the results.
Mate I understand your frustration and I'm with you. It's a shitty feeling to be the victim of an attack. I know this, as do many others. But your suffering is even greater than BRN or WBT ever was or is, as I can see right now.

1697808820519.png

Don't get me wrong. I am absolutely and definitely disillusioned (with BRN, TLG and WBT as core of my holding on the ASX). I only follow progress because for me there is no going back. I am one of those here who not only assume that the 'makers' with their mechanisms such as crosstrading, shorting, bots, fake spoofing sell orders, nominees, naked short sellers and I don't know what else control everything anyway and that we with good research are to some extent chasing an illusion. That's why I think the addition of DYOR is obsolete these days.

Without the big banks and financial institutions’ complicity, this highly destructive form of naked short selling could never happen. Instead, they actively facilitate the destruction of shareholder value.
The reason some big banks allow it, despite their sizable compliance departments, appears quite simple: These illegal transactions are highly lucrative. The short-term windfall profits associated with the creation of counterfeit shares are too tempting to resist.

It often goes well beyond “ghost” shares, too. The most nefarious of short sellers target companies with negative reports–sometimes with legitimate information, and sometimes with falsehoods or half-truths–to drive down share prices with maximum impact, thus ensuring that the companies lose their ability to obtain financing. Once that process is completed, naked shorters then begin to offer those same companies alternative financing (predatory debt), which they have no option but to accept.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/end-naked-short-selling
In the article, UBS is named as one of the perpetrators. Who had just recommended us.)

When the 'makers' are ready to milk the SP is pumped then dumped and the game begins again. But now it seems to be different and to be getting out of hand or control. So many companies are being attacked and crushed. From BRN I am used to good news being covered with shorts, great news with a sell off. But BRN is different from Talga.
We here have caught some of the general shorting at the moment I think, we have the bureaucracy against us, the environmentalists and Sami and most importantly the Chinese against us. Who knows maybe they are shorting and hiding behind a nominee. I wouldn't put anything past them. But they would probably do it more cleverly like with the Silk Road projects. They would grant loans until they can no longer be serviced. Then more loans to pay off the interest. And in the last step take over the projects in Chinese hands. Common practice right now.

They put Sweden under a graphite ban, maybe to hit the steel industry but also to hit the biggest and first European battery maker and at the same time, in my view, to force Northvolt to cooperate with the Chinese Putailai whether it wants to or not. At the moment, there are still human rights violations to be resolved in China, which is prohibited by the supply chain law. The Swedish approval process cannot be relied upon and there is as little control as there is over the SP at the ASX.

I also assume that the shorts will rise. What can I do? Nothing. The regulations on the ASX will not change because it would be much harder to make money. We retailers are the cows. But I have now gone too far with my favourites. I will not leave my ships because I am fascinated by all three. Anson I am taking something out here as the massive deposit is in the heart of the US but unfortunately China owns a bigger piece of the company and uses Chinese licensed technology. Both smell like trouble to me in the US, so I'm cautious and only have a small piece.

I'm disillusioned anyway and a ~ doomsday thinker but that has the advantage that little can surprise me and I'm all the more happy about every step forward. I have the feeling that none of the western countries is creeping as deeply into China's backside as Germany is. I feel that Talga alleviates some of this thought for me personally. I am fused with this and I am a Talgarian 🤘 So now it's out. I am a fanboy too 😜

And please don't get me wrong, I am neither grief-stricken nor fatalistic. It's just that there are not so nice passages in my three novels I'm reading at the moment. But! Weebit has finally reached a goal yesterday, but I can't imagine that they will be able to resist the open call for shorting. Even though I'm over happy that WBT hasn't been beaten up for this good news yet.

In the long run I will remain eternally loyal to these my favourites as long as no one screws up or is grossly negligent. The companies can't be held responsible for everything around them. These three are also somehow emotional for me.
I know it's about investment and not emotions. But that was my initial intention, startups that I can grow old with and look back on someday.
For the sake of common sense and to save nerves I am building a second pool and it will be far away from the ASX.
The ASX has left me speechless too many times. The latest example from yesterday. Weebits ann was downgraded by the ASX as not price sensitive (20% up in two days). When I heard the CEO explain I immediately thought that Weebit is too heavily shorted and someone at the ASX wants to cover their client. Generally I know tickets only for a jump upwards against the will of the shorters. I have lost my faith in the ASX and just assume they are collaborating with the 'makers'.

In any case, I wish us all good luck and success. Don't give hate a chance and don't let the disgusting men divide you.

We will be rewarded for sure!

Finally, I have a question for you. I remember that Germany was or is somehow involved in Syrah or somehow supported Syrah with a lot of money. I have been wondering for a long time what has happened since Tesla and whether any liabilities have arisen from this. Or does this connection to Germany still exist?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
View attachment 47567
Electric Vehicles

"China Curbs Export of Key EV Metal as Tech War With US Deepens​

October 20, 2023

China is the world’s top graphite exporter and refines more than 90% of the world’s graphite into the material used in virtually all EV batteries​

View attachment 47568
An electric vehicle battery cell, a graphite anode (the negative electrode of the battery) and a graphite drill core are seen at the research and development centre of graphite anode company 👉 Talga Group in Cambridge, Britain. Photo: Reuters

China’s commerce ministry announced restrictions on exports of key electric vehicle battery metal graphite on Friday, days after the United States imposed tighter restrictions on shipments of artificial intelligence chips to the country.

The country will now require export permits for some graphite products, a move it said aims to protect national security.

China is the world’s top graphite producer and exporter. It refines more than 90% of the world’s graphite into the material that is used in virtually all EV battery anodes (the negatively charged portion of a battery).

Also on AF: US Curbs Set Off Sales, Tech Boom for China Chip Equipment Firms

China’s commerce ministry said the move was “conducive to ensuring the security and stability of the global supply chain and industrial chain, and conducive to better safeguarding national security and interests”.

👉 It added that it was not targeting any specific country.
They just got it wrong to ban Sweden, it didn't happen?!

Beijing’s move comes amid a bitter trade and technology war with the West, with many foreign governments increasing their pressure on Chinese companies over their industrial practices.

The European Union is weighing levying tariffs on Chinese-made EVs, arguing they unfairly benefit from subsidies.

Top buyers of graphite from China include Japan, the United States, India and South Korea, according to Chinese customs data.

Graphite shortages imminent​

Under the new restrictions, China will require exporters to apply for permits to ship two types of graphite, including high-purity, high-hardness and high intensity synthetic graphite material, and natural flake graphite and its products.

Three types of “highly sensitive” graphite items had already been under temporary controls, the commerce ministry said, and are included in the new list.

Meanwhile, it dropped temporary controls on five less sensitive graphite items used in basic industries such as steel, metallurgy, and chemicals.
View attachment 47569
The new measures, which come into effect from December 1, will ensure the domestic supply of graphite for military use, such as in the aerospace sector, as well as domestic battery-making, Chang Ke, an analyst at consultancy Mysteel, said.

With rising sales of electric vehicles, automakers are racing to lock in supplies from outside China, but shortages are looming.

“It’s a restriction on EV material flowing out as many new energy companies are increasingly building up more plants overseas,” Chang said.

Graphite prices ‘likely to rise’​

Shares in China’s new energy vehicle and battery makers rose after the ministry’s announcement.

China’s curbs on graphite are similar to those it imposed on two chip-making metals, gallium and germanium, since August 1.

The restrictions have slashed exports of those metals from China recently and pushed up prices outside of the country.

Analysts said it was not clear how much impact the new measures on graphite will have in the short term.

“This control is not a complete ban, and there has been no significant impact on any industry during the previous temporary control,” Ivan Lam, a senior analyst at Counterpoint Research, said.

Prices for natural flake graphite were 3,950 yuan (about $540) a metric ton this week, down 25% from the beginning of this year because of declining demand from the EV sector, according to Mysteel.

However, Counterpoint’s Lam said that graphite prices are likely to rise.

“We believe that the average price of graphite will continue to rise in the future due to supply and demand imbalances, including Russia, which was one of the major graphite suppliers before the Russia-Ukraine war,” he said.

👉 China has reduced natural graphite mining in recent years to protect the environment, instead ramping up synthetic graphite output since 2021. The synthetic form now accounts for 70% of China’s output, according to Mysteel. 👈
I consider this to be an open lie. 250 new coal-fired power plants, every week one new, 150 new coal mines. That is the tone. We have to live with that.

• Reuters, with additional editing by Vishakha Saxena

Also read:​

US Expands Ban on Top AI Chips, Curbs to Hit Many Countries

China Blocked Exports of Two Chipmaking Metals in August

China Metal Curbs, Rare Earths Risks Fuel Hunt For Safe Sources

China’s Gallium Curbs a Headache for EV Carmakers

Chinese Envoy Warns US: More Chip Bans and We’ll Hit Back

German Carmakers Fear EU’s China EV Probe: Minister – Politico"​

https://www.asiafinancial.com/china-curbs-export-of-key-ev-metal-as-tech-war-with-us-deepens
Screenshot_2023-10-19-20-22-13-97_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Last edited:

Monkeymandan

Regular
I think today marks the beginning of the market better understanding the true nature of the existing anode supply chain.

• Fire

cosors

👀
Mate I understand your frustration and I'm with you. It's a shitty feeling to be the victim of an attack. I know this, as do many others. But your suffering is even greater than BRN or WBT ever was or is, as I can see right now.

View attachment 47575

Don't get me wrong. I am absolutely and definitely disillusioned (with BRN, TLG and WBT as core of my holding on the ASX). I only follow progress because for me there is no going back. I am one of those here who not only assume that the 'makers' with their mechanisms such as crosstrading, shorting, bots, fake spoofing sell orders, nominees, naked short sellers and I don't know what else control everything anyway and that we with good research are to some extent chasing an illusion. That's why I think the addition of DYOR is obsolete these days.

Without the big banks and financial institutions’ complicity, this highly destructive form of naked short selling could never happen. Instead, they actively facilitate the destruction of shareholder value.
The reason some big banks allow it, despite their sizable compliance departments, appears quite simple: These illegal transactions are highly lucrative. The short-term windfall profits associated with the creation of counterfeit shares are too tempting to resist.

It often goes well beyond “ghost” shares, too. The most nefarious of short sellers target companies with negative reports–sometimes with legitimate information, and sometimes with falsehoods or half-truths–to drive down share prices with maximum impact, thus ensuring that the companies lose their ability to obtain financing. Once that process is completed, naked shorters then begin to offer those same companies alternative financing (predatory debt), which they have no option but to accept.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/end-naked-short-selling
In the article, UBS is named as one of the perpetrators. Who had just recommended us.)

When the 'makers' are ready to milk the SP is pumped then dumped and the game begins again. But now it seems to be different and to be getting out of hand or control. So many companies are being attacked and crushed. From BRN I am used to good news being covered with shorts, great news with a sell off. But BRN is different from Talga.
We here have caught some of the general shorting at the moment I think, we have the bureaucracy against us, the environmentalists and Sami and most importantly the Chinese against us. Who knows maybe they are shorting and hiding behind a nominee. I wouldn't put anything past them. But they would probably do it more cleverly like with the Silk Road projects. They would grant loans until they can no longer be serviced. Then more loans to pay off the interest. And in the last step take over the projects in Chinese hands. Common practice right now.

They put Sweden under a graphite ban, maybe to hit the steel industry but also to hit the biggest and first European battery maker and at the same time, in my view, to force Northvolt to cooperate with the Chinese Plutailai whether it wants to or not. At the moment, there are still human rights violations to be resolved in China, which is prohibited by the supply chain law. The Swedish approval process cannot be relied upon and there is as little control as there is over the SP at the ASX.

I also assume that the shorts will rise. What can I do? Nothing. The regulations on the ASX will not change because it would be much harder to make money. We retailers are the cows. But I have now gone too far with my favourites. I will not leave my ships because I am fascinated by all three. Anson I am taking something out here as the massive deposit is in the heart of the US but unfortunately China owns a bigger piece of the company and uses Chinese licensed technology. Both smell like trouble to me in the US, so I'm cautious and only have a small piece.

I'm disillusioned anyway and a ~ doomsday thinker but that has the advantage that little can surprise me and I'm all the more happy about every step forward. I have the feeling that none of the western countries is creeping as deeply into China's backside as Germany is. I feel that Talga alleviates some of this thought for me personally. I am fused with this and I am a Talgarian 🤘 So now it's out. I am a fanboy too 😜

And please don't get me wrong, I am neither grief-stricken nor fatalistic. It's just that there are not so nice passages in my three novels I'm reading at the moment. But! Weebit has finally reached a goal yesterday, but I can't imagine that they will be able to resist the open call for shorting. Even though I'm over happy that WBT hasn't been beaten up for this good news yet.

In the long run I will remain eternally loyal to these my favourites as long as no one screws up or is grossly negligent. The companies can't be held responsible for everything around them. These three are also somehow emotional for me.
I know it's about investment and not emotions. But that was my initial intention, startups that I can grow old with and look back on someday.
For the sake of common sense and to save nerves I am building a second pool and it will be far away from the ASX.
The ASX has left me speechless too many times. The latest example from yesterday. Weebits ann was downgraded by the ASX as not price sensitive (20% up in two days). When I heard the CEO explain I immediately thought that Weebit is too heavily shorted and someone at the ASX wants to cover their client. Generally I know tickets only for a jump upwards against the will of the shorters. I have lost my faith in the ASX and just assume they are collaborating with the 'makers'.

In any case, I wish us all good luck and success. Don't give hate a chance and don't let the disgusting men divide you.

We will be rewarded for sure!

Finally, I have a question for you. I remember that Germany was or is somehow involved in Syrah or somehow supported Syrah with a lot of money. I have been wondering for a long time what has happened since Tesla and whether any liabilities have arisen from this. Or does this connection to Germany still exist?
ASX turns a Y into an N. For whatever reason. My guess is above.
Screenshot_2023-10-23-08-18-07-23_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-23-08-23-56-57_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

manny100

Regular
This is the second time in a few weeks that MT has come across as pleading

If you want or need government support it means one thing…..

Our business case does not stack up anymore, I think we will be at $0.80 or lower very soon no matter the permit decision

Absolute investment disaster

Too many time’s Australians have seen businessmen out of Perth talk BS and I think this is the case yet again

Shareholders Webinar “all great”

Every other presentation since is “we need support “

I might be sounding like Pabs but I smell total BS with TLG and MT

Bullshit lithium announcement months ago then the latest really makes it look like a House built on BS

Natural Graphite could be screwed, it’s easier for a politician to go with synthetic than it is for them to fight to bring in new mines against opponents who want to save the environment and whatever animals or mushrooms might or might not be there

Not just Sweden but everywhere

Sorry that’s just human nature for a politician

Ok tell me why you disagree……….
If the EU want to be self sufficient they need TLG Anodes. Otherwise it's produce Synthetic locally.
Is Graphite a critical mineral in the EU and Sweden?

Reactions: 2 users

manny100

Regular
The EV material stocks have all been hammered of late.
The worm will turn soon enough.
I am not concerned.

If the EU want to be self sufficient they need TLG Anodes. Otherwise it's produce Synthetic locally.
Is Graphite a critical mineral in the EU and Sweden?

The CRMA has natural graphite as a critical mineral. Synthetic isn’t mentioned in the drafts I’ve seen, so I wonder if this is a loophole that would allow for more than 60% of processing to be done outside of the EU? I think this is where the battery passport is also important because it will set limits on emissions from material outside EU. However this would seem to give Putailai making synthetic from hydro power free-reign to potentially supply as much as they can / market will buy (notwithstanding their Uyghur problem)

Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
The CRMA has natural graphite as a critical mineral. Synthetic isn’t mentioned in the drafts I’ve seen, so I wonder if this is a loophole that would allow for more than 60% of processing to be done outside of the EU? I think this is where the battery passport is also important because it will set limits on emissions from material outside EU. However this would seem to give Putailai making synthetic from hydro power free-reign to potentially supply as much as they can / market will buy (notwithstanding their Uyghur problem)
Putailai can forget about manufacturing SG in Sweden in the next few years when there is not even enough electricity for the existing industries and new projects are already being stopped. And they can't use domestic production because of the supply chain law and human rights violations. I see a tilt with them at the moment.

"New giant project threatened by the electricity crisis – industry forced to build its own electricity grid​

A new industrial establishment that requires two percent of Swedish electricity consumption is stopped due to deficiencies in the electricity grid. Now the industrial giant is forced to build its own electricity grids so that the efforts have not been made unnecessarily. "We will not be able to make an investment decision until we have secured the electricity supply," says SCA President Roger Östlin to TN.
Recently, industries and companies have been forced to conclude that there is not enough power and grid capacity for their electrification ambitions. Postnord is one example. The company has warned that network capacity prevents them from taking the step and electrifying their truck fleet and in western Sweden there is no power for large industries to expand, as TN has reported .

And the situation is the same in northern Sweden.

In a debate article in DI, the steel giant SSAB and the companies Talga and Uniper stated that there is a lack of space in the electricity grids for their large planned green investments.

Forming its own electricity network company​

Now, the forest and paper company SCA has gained a similar experience.
The company wants to build a factory in Östrand adjacent to its facilities in Timrå. This project requires not only more power, but also new electricity grids.
”Lika viktig som ökad elproduktion är distribution till verksamhetsplatsen. Konkret innebär det att en eventuell framtida industri behöver ges förutsättningar att ansluta till elnätet och att infrastrukturen är dimensionerad för att klara av överföringen”, skriver SCA.
För det är inga små mängder el som SCA vill ansluta till den planerade biodrivmedelsfabriken. För ett bioraffinaderi i den här storleken bedöms omkring 3 TWh el behövas. Det motsvarar cirka 2 procent av den totala svenska elkonsumtionen.
– Vi har, dessvärre, inte kunnat få tydliga besked från regionnätsägaren om det finns erforderlig kapacitet och när vi kan ansluta oss. Det utgör en stor projektrisk för oss och vi kommer inte att kunna fatta ett investeringsbeslut förrän vi har säkrat eltillförseln, säger Roger Östlin som är chef för förnybara drivmedel på SCA.
Therefore, SCA is now taking matters into its own hands.
The company has formed its own electricity network company, Östrand Elnät AB, and is now directly applying for a concession to Svenska kraftnät for the 5 kilometre long line needed between the planned factory in Östrand and Svenska kraftnät's main grid station in Bandsjön. In this way, SCA hopes to connect directly to the national grid and not have to wait for a response from E.ON.

But don't the regional grid companies have a monopoly on building networks?
"E.ON has a monopoly on the lower voltages up to 40 kV (kilovolts). But we are looking for at least 130 kV because we plan to build a new power line with a capacity of either 220 kV, or for 130 kV with double lines," says Roger Östlin.

What has E.ON stated when you spoke to them?
"That you don't have the capacity and have other customers who are ahead of you in the queue. Which we think is strange since this project has been granted permission and the dialogue began back in 2017.
"They have now given us a verbal message that they could possibly give us around 600 MW, but we are going ahead with these plans anyway. It's too uncertain," he continues.

"Aktiebolaget Sverige must be prioritized"​

However, it is far from certain whether SCA can obtain a concession from the Swedish Energy Markets Inspectorate and a connection agreement with Svenska Kraftnät to build and connect to the grid station in Bandsjön.
Both the regional grid companies and Svenska kraftnät investigate the applications of companies and various projects in turn.
"It's quite a difficult situation for the grid companies, which in practice have their hands tied behind their backs and find it difficult to prioritise. Due to the fact that they have a monopoly and you have to treat all customers equally. They have to investigate the projects that they themselves may never think will come to fruition and have little opportunity to focus on more mature projects," he says.
There is also a problem here in that companies and industrial projects overbook when they apply for power allocation, or they apply before they have received a permit, says Roger Östlin.
"They want to be able to show potential investors that they have applied to Svenska kraftnät. It looks good for the project, but builds up queues and locks capacity with projects that aren't always realistic.
He calls for the regional grid companies and Svenska kraftnät to assess different projects according to their level of technical maturity, permits obtained, societal benefits and various positive side effects.
"We think that the Swedish limited liability company should be able to prioritise the projects that are important. When the basic industry goes in with an application to join where we have already received permission and are waiting to be able to make an investment decision, I think it weighs heavily.
SCA's concession application is currently being consulted with the County Administrative Board of Västernorrland, Timrå and Sundsvall municipalities, other authorities, as well as individuals and the general public who may be particularly affected by the operation.

Flaskhalsar i leverantörskedjorna​

At the same time, Svenska kraftnät and the regional grid companies are facing another challenge: Access to grid infrastructure.
According to a report from Ellevio, conducted by the technology consulting company Sweco, the investment need for new network infrastructure is somewhere in the vicinity of SEK 1,000 billion between the years 2021 and 2045. Many of these investments also need to be made over the next 10-12 years.
Already today, the manufacturers of network infrastructure are sounding the alarm about bottlenecks in the supply chains and the question is whether it will be enough for all TSOs (Transmission system operators) and grid companies that are now facing this gigantic network expansion?
"It is clear that here and now there is a greater demand than capacity. And I think that situation applies to all suppliers. That capacity is going to be critical. It's a huge challenge with the current market," said Hitachi Sweden's CEO Tobias Hansson in an interview in the Energy Strategy podcast.
is also underway in Europe And the same massive network expansion . According to the European Commission, the investment needed in new networks is over €500 billion to meet the EU's renewable energy targets.
Henrik Bergström, Head of Public Policy at Ellevio, believes that there is a risk that all ambitious electrification projects will not take place due to both structural errors in legislation and regulation, but also due to limitations on materials and skills.

"Ellevio has received requests for new connections for industry, electricity production and energy storage equivalent to three Stockholm in power during the summer alone. Of course it's a challenge," says Henrik Bergström.
Henrik Bergström believes that the transition is something that is happening now. Not in ten or fifteen years. Therefore, it is time for the government and responsible authorities to set direction, goals and incentives for the electricity grid to be developed on time, in the right place and at a reasonable cost, he emphasises.
"Otherwise, there are risks, both that investments will not be made and that Sweden will not be able to secure the network infrastructure that needs to be expanded.
Here, Henrik Bergström calls for more straightforward answers from politicians. A clear plan going forward that points out the level of security of supply and transmission required – a "system adequacy target" that AB Sverige must achieve.
"We want to see a portfolio of measures. It is not just a question of expanding the national and regional grids. We want to see the development of radically shorter permit processes, long-term revenue regulation and the development of the market model based on clear goals and capabilities that the electricity system needs. Here we have high hopes for the energy policy policy bill that the government will present in December.
Per Eckemark, Head of the Networks Division at Svenska kraftnät, is aware that there is currently a lot of competition for grid infrastructure. For example, there is a high demand for HVDC cables right now.
It is a technology for transmitting electrical power over longer distances via submarine cable, ground or overhead line with lower losses compared to conventional AC technology.
"Very large framework agreements have been signed for HVDC converters and cables recently, and we can of course see that some other components, such as transformers, are also starting to have long lead times. We try to meet this by having a very close dialogue with our supplier base, which of course includes Hitachi, in order to secure the capacity we need."
https://www.tn.se/hallbarhet/32712/...-elkrisen-industrin-tvingas-bygga-eget-elnat/

Somehow the electricity theme is almost funny. Even China can't do anything about it and is cutting its teeth. 😁
Without electricity they don't get anything started and before that - have fun with the approval process.
Fortunately, we have a huge head start and we need a fraction of the electricity.

• Fire
  • Love
Top Bottom