The Talga Bar

Since we're in the bar and the TLG silence is deafening... thought I'd chat about anything else that's looking like some strong potential in the future electrification space.

My general thesis has been to look at miners or tech in this space as we make the generational shift away from fossil fuels in general.

I've been keeping an eye on CPV and looks like things are lining up for those guys... potentially a BIG market.

Anyway, just chit-chat while we wait for more TLG news 😁
Not in the electric space but an interesting company that is US based and recreating a titanium supply chain in the USA is Iperionx (ASX:IPX). It is using a new patented process to recycle titanium scrap and also has a titanium domestic resource to mine titanium. Has recently received grants from the US Defence Department and one US broker has a target price of AUD$3.82 with the current SP at $1.70. The SP has moved upwards nicely since early December

Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
For the Germans among us... ... .... ...
LKAB and Sami are also mentioned, but nothing new.
They beat around the bush. We know that. Never talk about where the problem lies.

Reactions: 1 users
For the Germans among us... ... .... ...plus any of the other Euro peoples

It's Australia Day tomorrow Friday 26th = Public Holiday so no ASX

Australia Flag GIF by Maytronics

red kangaroo eating GIF
Kangaroo Dundee Australia GIF by Nat Geo Wild
Pbs Nature Kangaroo GIF by Nature on PBS
quokka eating GIF
Love You Hug GIF by TikTok
Unimpressed Loop GIF

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
will be nice to take a day off from losing money

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
will be nice to take a day off from losing money
It will turn................it will turn.

Ever since I bought into this Company 3 years ago it's always been about the Permits. Like you I am well and truly in the Red.

It's been said before that the most difficult thing to do is nothing

Their are plenty of reliable nations that will happily sell sufficient manganese, cobalt, lithium or copper etc to the EU..................

But currently there are no reliable nations that will sell sufficient graphite anode to the EU

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
hopeful it will turn from here after stabilising in this 55-60c range, and not hit another leg down like after the 80c range where I thought it had found a bottom

also hope there is some real institutional inflow soon. always been a bit of a worry that Talga hasn't been able to attract significant institutional support. I've told myself it's the permit uncertainty that's kept them away - will be finding out if that's true soon. "Soon" being a relative term....

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
hopeful it will turn from here after stabilising in this 55-60c range, and not hit another leg down like after the 80c range where I thought it had found a bottom

also hope there is some real institutional inflow soon. always been a bit of a worry that Talga hasn't been able to attract significant institutional support. I've told myself it's the permit uncertainty that's kept them away - will be finding out if that's true soon. "Soon" being a relative term....

Syrah has institutional support but it actually has a mine........................we don't even have a permit = Big Difference

Anyway enjoy the weekend as it just brings us closer and closer to a decision

Reactions: 7 users

Token35

Happy Aus Day to those with the holiday tommoz.
Can't wait for this to turn. The thing I'm shattered about is that I had thought when these approvals came through I'd see at least a $2 price to put a smile on my face. Now I'd be happy to see the jump to $1!
Ah well, it's a long termer for me anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter too much.
Might crack this bad boy tonight in the bar and see if it's any good... a delivery from The Whisky Club.

Attachments

• 17061700285541501960064598544899.jpg
    17061700285541501960064598544899.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Semmel

Regular
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the court would decide today? And you Aussies couldn't do f-all about it tomorrow? It's not gonna happen but it would be mighty funny 🤣

• Haha

Diogenese

Top 20
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the court would decide today? And you Aussies couldn't do f-all about it tomorrow? It's not gonna happen but it would be mighty funny 🤣
schadenfreude

• Haha

cosors

👀
@Semmel maybe interesting for you. I think this is the first time I've read about such a large battery energy storage. This is no longer an experiment.

"Luleå Energi is building the county's first battery park​

LULEÅ Luleå energy will build Norrbotten's first battery park, an investment of SEK 73 million.
24 January 2024 at 16:00 Updated: January 24, 2024 at 5:06 p.m
The battery park is intended to be an important piece of the puzzle in the transformation of the energy system. It should be ready already this autumn.
- It is fantastic to be able to contribute to the development of the energy system. We are facing a few years of heavy investment to create the right conditions for the major change that is underway. We see opportunities to also develop the business, which will also be able to help us carry the investments, says Malin Larsson, CEO at Luleå Energi.
The battery park will be a collection of large batteries with a total output of 12 megawatts and a battery capacity of 12 megawatt hours. That's enough to drive an average electric car one and a half laps around the world.
- With the help of the batteries, Luleå Energi will be able to contribute to supporting the balance of the electricity grid locally, regionally and nationally. The batteries provide the opportunity to pare weather-dependent power production such as solar and wind, as well as cut power peaks in the system, says Sofia Antonsen, head of the Development department at Luleå Energi.
The battery park will be built on Luleå Energi's land in Porsödalen in Luleå. Svea Solar will build the battery park.
Luleå Energi is owned by Luleå Municipality through Luleå Kommunföretat AB. The company has 200 employees and a turnover of just over one billion kroner a year."
https://affarerinorr.se/nyheter/2024/januari/lulea-energi-bygger-lanets-forsta-batteripark/

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
@Semmel maybe interesting for you. I think this is the first time I've read about such a large battery energy storage. This is no longer an experiment. If I have calculated correctly the capacity is so large that it could supply ~ 48,000 households with three to four people for a month completely on its own. That is a large intermediate storage facility. I find the example in the article just as stupid as comparing weight to elephants.

LULEÅ Luleå energy will build Norrbotten's first battery park, an investment of SEK 73 million.
The battery park is intended to be an important piece of the puzzle in the transformation of the energy system. It should be ready already this autumn.
- It is fantastic to be able to contribute to the development of the energy system. We are facing a few years of heavy investment to create the right conditions for the major change that is underway. We see opportunities to also develop the business, which will also be able to help us carry the investments, says Malin Larsson, CEO at Luleå Energi.
The battery park will be a collection of large batteries with a total output of 12 megawatts and a battery capacity of 12 megawatt hours. That's enough to drive an average electric car one and a half laps around the world.
- With the help of the batteries, Luleå Energi will be able to contribute to supporting the balance of the electricity grid locally, regionally and nationally. The batteries provide the opportunity to pare weather-dependent power production such as solar and wind, as well as cut power peaks in the system, says Sofia Antonsen, head of the Development department at Luleå Energi.
The battery park will be built on Luleå Energi's land in Porsödalen in Luleå. Svea Solar will build the battery park.
Luleå Energi is owned by Luleå Municipality through Luleå Kommunföretat AB. The company has 200 employees and a turnover of just over one billion kroner a year."
https://affarerinorr.se/nyheter/2024/januari/lulea-energi-bygger-lanets-forsta-batteripark/
Hi cosors,

If all the connected household draw 5 kW at the same time, the battery could support 24,000 houses to fit the 12 MW load. The battery could support this for 1 hour as its capacity is 12 MW*h.

Since batteries are usually designed to support a load for a few hours, the number of houses needs to be reduced proportionally to the number of hours.
So a 6 hour time would allow 4,000 houses to draw 5 kW, but, with the power left over, your electric car won't make it out of the garage no matter how long its power cable is.

Reactions: 2 users

Semmel

Regular
@Semmel maybe interesting for you. I think this is the first time I've read about such a large battery energy storage. This is no longer an experiment. If I have calculated correctly the capacity is so large that it could supply ~ 48,000 households with three to four people for a month completely on its own. That is a large intermediate storage facility. I find the example in the article just as stupid as comparing weight to elephants.

Very cool and large project. It will replace all gas peaker plants in northern Sweden. Will clean the power grid and make it more stable. Very nice!

Semmel

Regular
Hi cosors,

If all the connected household draw 5 kW at the same time, the battery could support 24,000 houses to fit the 12 MW load. The battery could support this for 1 hour as its capacity is 12 MW*h.

Since batteries are usually designed to support a load for a few hours, the number of houses needs to be reduced proportionally to the number of hours.
So a 6 hour time would allow 4,000 houses to draw 5 kW, but, with the power left over, your electric car won't make it out of the garage no matter how long its power cable is.
True, something is wrong in the calculation for sure. I just looked up the numbers and an average household draws about 5MWh per year, so it's like.. 28 houses for a month. Not that large after all

• Thinking

Semmel

Regular
12 MWh is about 0.1% of Tesla yearly production of stationary storage

I have now labeled you as officially evil 😂

cosors

👀
Last edited:

cosors

👀

"275 MWh: Europe's largest battery storage facility approved in Alfeld​

By far the largest battery storage facility in Europe has been approved in the south of Lower Saxony. From 2025 it is intended to stabilize the electricity network and electricity prices."
https://www.heise.de/news/Energiewe...peicher-soll-in-Alfeld-entstehen-9530856.html

Last edited:

cosors

👀
This could supply just 33,536 households for one day. It will probably remain a dream for the time being. But at least we've all miscalculated. My consolation.)

cosors

👀
boredom 🤣🥲

Top Bottom