The Talga Bar

cosors

👀
LOL…….

Ok so it literally boils down to

Sauerkraut versus Fish n Chips
( I’ll have my chips with chicken salt)
I've just had the delight of Nürnberger roast sausages on sauerkraut with roast potatoes and mustard. Simply wonderful!
And when it comes to fish, I prefer the fried fish from our neighbours here in Holland. Their marrow is also good.
I really don't need to eat anything from the island 🤭
And as for the Chinese: did you know that over 80% of the world's Christmas decorations come from a single city in China?
Or that sweets from China are now sold here. Carted around the world. Sweets! And I thought rubbish garlic from China was absurd.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
And I thought rubbish garlic from China was absurd.
Mmmmmm……I think you should check how it’s grown, I grow our own in proper soil

But I guess you are fine with looking up on Google the Chinese way “night soil” 😀😃😅😂🤣

There are no proper checks , it just comes in from the countryside grown by poverty stricken peasants, what do they use ?

Bon Appetite! 😀😅😂🤣🍷

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
What the Fvck!

I don’t buy into this guilt via DNA bullshit

Every Christian country is being told by shit heads ,who usually migrated there, how horrible their country is

The current generation of Japanese should not be measured by Japan’s WW2 atrocities, nor should Germany, Italy etc,

Don’t forget you had plenty of Allies

Currently we have a government that wants us to feel guilt over shit that happened 100 to 200 years ago to the Aborigines

But they won’t themselves apologise for their current fvck ups over immigration and the crime that comes with it

Rant Over !
I understand you and see it similarly. Back then we were taught that we must not forget and at the same time we were taught that thoughts are free. Today it is no longer an issue at all. But calling Austria Germanic is not only wrong in terms of content. Moreover, Hitler was actually Austrian.
Be that as it may. I didn't want to distract. Roman history is interesting for me an you meant it differently.
You're right that the custom (?) is celebrated in the south of Bavaria too, close to the mountains and this was Celtic territory, not Germanic.

By the way, I originally come from the area where a long time ago the barbarians defeated the Roman army in the dark and fearsome forests of Germania. This inglorious and traumatic betrayal was then much later stylized into a heroic epic and again later a cult was built around it by the Nazis.

It doesn't matter. At least I like such traditional customs as you showed us.

In any case, I am pleased that we have at least received a little bit of very good news with an ex minister on bord. Actually, it's just a boring wait.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

JNRB

Regular
Just watched an episode of Doctor Who.

Keep thinking now we're all going for a ride in the Talga Tardis.
Looks like an 0.85c stock on the outside....
but once you're on the inside you realise it's MUCH bigger.

"but i don't get it, how does a $5b company fit inside a $350mil company?"
"It's all to do with time"

[nerd-out complete]

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
Mmmmmm……I think you should check how it’s grown, I grow our own in proper soil

But I guess you are fine with looking up on Google the Chinese way “night soil” 😀😃😅😂🤣

There are no proper checks , it just comes in from the countryside grown by poverty stricken peasants, what do they use ?

Bon Appetite! 😀😅😂🤣🍷
Exactly my thought!
[

The best garlic I know and buy whenever I see it is the pink one from Provence. The onions are the best from the area around Roscoff and Saint-Pol-de-Leon in Brittany. You can get them normally in the supermarket here, even though both are also available from locally production. Nevertheless, these two are unsurpassable.
1702043243689.png

1702046174888.png

1702046249886.png

The craziest absurdity so far has been pickled cucumbers from Bangladesh in discount stores here, even though we have a famous specialty that is protected throughout Europe and is not expensive.
Incidentally they were the worst cucumbers I know and I threw them away. For you Germans I warn you for Bangladeshian cucumbers from LIDL.)

In our country the total and absolute hype is the disposable vapours from China. They're not allowed in the bin, so they're thrown on the street or in the parks. I opened one and did some maths. By the time the regulations take effect we will have thrown away as many raw materials for rechargeable Li batteries in Germany alone without recycling as could be used for at least 70k Tesla Model 3.

Have all a nice weekend!

Last edited:

Semmel

Regular
I will definitely NOT eat anything growing in "night soil" that's for sure!

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users
I will definitely NOT eat anything growing in "night soil" that's for sure!
Maybe you already have 😂😱😂

Very few knowingly eat Chinese products in Australia

I shun any Chinese and Asian products even rice and noodles , I actually look carefully at all labels and either buy from Australia, the EU, or the Americas North and South

Or Israel

• Fire
  • Wow

Semmel

Regular
Maybe you already have 😂😱😂

Very few knowingly eat Chinese products in Australia

I shun any Chinese and Asian products even rice and noodles , I actually look carefully at all labels and either buy from Australia, the EU, or the Americas North and South

Or Israel
I actually might have .. .. 🤮

TentCity

Regular
Exactly my thought!
[

The best garlic I know and buy whenever I see it is the pink one from Provence. The onions are the best from the area around Roscoff and Saint-Pol-de-Leon in Brittany. You can get them normally in the supermarket here, even though both are also available from locally production. Nevertheless, these two are unsurpassable.
View attachment 51668
View attachment 51669
View attachment 51670

The craziest absurdity so far has been pickled cucumbers from Bangladesh in discount stores here, even though we have a famous specialty that is protected throughout Europe and is not expensive.
Incidentally they were the worst cucumbers I know and I threw them away. For you Germans I warn you for Bangladeshian cucumbers from LIDL.)

In our country the total and absolute hype is the disposable vapours from China. They're not allowed in the bin, so they're thrown on the street or in the parks. I opened one and did some maths. By the time the regulations take effect we will have thrown away as many raw materials for rechargeable Li batteries in Germany alone without recycling as could be used for at least 70k Tesla Model 3.

Have all a nice weekend!
Coincidentally, I just harvested my garlic crop yesterday! Certainly nothing funky used in my home veggie patch!

Attachments

• 72844B5F-48AF-4643-A60C-303FC721A56D.jpeg
    72844B5F-48AF-4643-A60C-303FC721A56D.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
  • Love

cosors

👀
Coincidentally, I just harvested my garlic crop yesterday! Certainly nothing funky used in my home veggie patch!
Nothing funky?! It looks fantastic, just like the one I like so much! Congratulations!

I second that , looks delish

Garlic = The spice of Life, pretty much used in all cultures

• Love

TentCity

Regular
Nothing funky?! It looks fantastic, just like the one I like so much! Congratulations!
Nothing funky - I just mean I haven’t used any nasty chemicals to produce the crop. All my veg are organically grown and enjoy sharing with family and friends.

• Love

Vigdorian

Regular
Death by a million cuts.
Who wants to play overs/unders ?
Talga will get permits before Dec 31 2023 ? I’m taking unders (I.e. before year end)

Reactions: 5 users
Death by a million cuts.
Who wants to play overs/unders ?
Talga will get permits before Dec 31 2023 ? I’m taking unders (I.e. before year end)
I'm thinking pre Christmas.

If the 1 to 4 month clock started 28 September then that is almost 3 months for an appeal decision that the lower court judge urged them not to proceed with.

They'll be "putting out the garbage" Friday 22 December

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Semmel

Regular
Just because we got fleeced every time we thought we knew the schedule.. im saying we will see a court decision not before February (I know, a sad prospect and I will party when I will be proven wrong). Past experience just doesn't give me confidence that the swedish legal system does anything as quickly as expected. They come up with good decisions when a decision is made, but it's always late.

Reactions: 5 users

BlackBeak

Just because we got fleeced every time we thought we knew the schedule.. im saying we will see a court decision not before February (I know, a sad prospect and I will party when I will be proven wrong). Past experience just doesn't give me confidence that the swedish legal system does anything as quickly as expected. They come up with good decisions when a decision is made, but it's always late.
For some reason my gut feel has been February as well. In Europe it seems timelines aren’t kept well at all…

For some reason my gut feel has been February as well. In Europe it seems timelines aren’t kept well at all…
Don't forget they do headline around one month on their webpage. Hence I don't think they will take the full 3 months for an appeal the Nimby's were advised not to lodge.

This is how long it takes

Normally, the Supreme Court decides whether to grant leave to appeal around 1 month after it receives the application. This decision is taken by one or more Justices of the Supreme Court. Usually, a good 90% of applications for leave to appeal are decided by a single Justice of the Supreme Court.

• Fire

Ever experienced the Italian train system ?

• Haha

Semmel

Regular
Don't forget they do headline around one month on their webpage. Hence I don't think they will take the full 3 months for an appeal the Nimby's were advised not to lodge.

This is how long it takes

Normally, the Supreme Court decides whether to grant leave to appeal around 1 month after it receives the application. This decision is taken by one or more Justices of the Supreme Court. Usually, a good 90% of applications for leave to appeal are decided by a single Justice of the Supreme Court.

I hope you are correct, but I have no conviction in this. Zero. Also there is the statement from monkey madman that processing time might be longer even when the court came to a decision in time.

Also there is the statement from monkey madman that processing time might be longer even when the court came to a decision in time.
Yeah I know....................but why would they take more than 3 months on a decision that a lower court judge said lacked merit

A quicker decision on Thursday 21 or Friday 22 December gives them the cover of Christmas and a great excuse not to answer that complaint line telephone until the New Year....................ya know.........goodwill to all men and all that shit

Top Bottom