PERMITS

cosors

👀
Why does it say ‘State of Norway’. Surely this is Sweden? Or am I missing something?!
This is a translation error by Google, DeepL does it better but Google is just sometimes faster via the browser for me. I ignore that in the meantime and read over that - so Norway means Bergstaaten. Have corrected it

Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Also.. Norway? 😂 Someone messed up big time with that article. I bet it was AI written and the AI didn't get all the facts straight as it tried to string words together.
Google's Ai ,)

Reactions: 2 users
So why was this not announced to ASX ?....................not material enough ?

cosors

👀
So why was this not announced to ASX ?....................not material enough ?
It is 'only' a permit for exploration. I don't even know how many Talga has or has now resubmitted. Sweden granted more of them last year than ever before.

I think it's just not really 'worth' talking about. So it's not legally effective yet. Maybe Talga will do it with a collected announcement when the other applications have also been decided?

If I understand it correctly, they could apply for a trial mining in a further step if they have made a valid find, which of course costs money again like the drilling/exploration; here I read in a quick glance SKYTEM. Maybe it's more like staking the claim - so, this area is now reserved for us for the time being. The EU cries for raw materials and Sweden answers like the other Nordic countries: yes here, we have something.

By the way, Svemin is pleased with the government's new proposals to speed up the permitting process.

Last edited:

brewm0re

Regular
@beserk, clutching here, but does your brother or family ties have any insight on accessing? Suspense is killing here

cosors

👀
I've looked around in the official documents and I can't find any official confirmation anywhere there as I can't find it here. Talga announced in the last permits update:

The Court of Appeal will assess the merits of any submissions made by the Extended Deadline and is expected to determine whether to reject or grant any party with leave to appeal on 14 June 2023.

Or am I not seeing the forest for trees and this has already been posted here or do we just have this statement from Talga itself? I mean, expected can mean a lot of things. And wasn't it that the court gives an approximate time period in which appeals are processed and so this date today is just an approximate calculation?
I mean, it seems to me a bit like waiting for Nikolaus/Nicholas - candy or the rod - and as a child you are told that tomorrow is the day and then a " presumably" is mumbled after it.
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
But we're there now, aren't we?
And now?
mmmh... and... yet?
and...
😍😆😁😃😀😊☺️🙂😏:rolleyes::oops:😐😑😶😶‍🌫️

Of course I'm not as disappointed as the little child but totally happy ☝️ One day longer without rod 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

brewm0re

Regular
I've looked around in the official documents and I can't find any official confirmation anywhere there as I can't find it here. Talga announced in the last permits update:

The Court of Appeal will assess the merits of any submissions made by the Extended Deadline and is expected to determine whether to reject or grant any party with leave to appeal on 14 June 2023.

O am I not seeing the forest for the trees and this has already been posted here or do we just have this statement from Talga itself? I mean, expected can mean a lot of things. And wasn't it that the court gives an approximate time period in which appeals are processed and so this date today is just an approximate calculation?
I mean, it seems to me a bit like waiting for Nikolaus/Nicholas - candy or the rod - and as a child you are told that tomorrow is the day and then a " presumably" is mumbled after it.
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
And now?
mmmh... and... yet?
and...

Of course I'm not as disappointed as the little kid but totally happy ☝️ One day longer without rod 🤣

brewm0re

Regular
Your tireless research is always appreciated. Nothing I could find scouring, hopefully you get some luck & not wasting your day. Confident on a positive outcome regardless. Cheers Cosors
1686748048358.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

catdog

O am I not seeing the forest for the trees and this has already been posted here or do we just have this statement from Talga itself? I mean, expected can mean a lot of things. And wasn't it that the court gives an approximate time period in which appeals are processed and so this date today is just an approximate calculation?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
And now?
mmmh... and... yet?
and...

Of course I'm not as disappointed as the little kid but totally happy ☝️ One day longer without rod 🤣

Great minds think alike…I had a look over the official documents and couldn’t find any specific dates mentioned anywhere either. The only thing I could find was the “expected” by 14th June in the Talga announcement as well. I have adjusted my own expectations and taken that literally, it is expected but not definite and so the wait continues…

In Australia we say the naughty kids will get a lump of coal in their stocking from Santa Claus. I’m hoping Christmas comes early for us with a big permitted resource of beautiful high grade graphite instead!

• Love

Semmel

Regular
Are we waiting for the Nicolaus or for Godot?

• Thinking

Semmel

Regular
Sometimes.. a lump of coal is the best present.. especially with a lot of graphite in it ..

beserk

Regular
Why does it say ‘State of Norway’. Surely this is Sweden? Or am I missing something?!

Gällivare is where one of my several cousins has a seat on the municipal council. And he is definitively Swedish and Gällivare is 110 km south of Kiruna along the E10. AI must gave got its GIS all wrong when collecting info fast and ....inaccurate.

To much trust in the Artificial part of the A and I.

-beserk

• Love

beserk

Regular
@beserk, clutching here, but does your brother or family ties have any insight on accessing? Suspense is killing here

I have been decoupled from the swings and roundabouts of the appeals process. To much time spent gladhandling Swedish Diplomatic staff trying to promote Sweden 500 th year as independent state here in Oceania.

Swedish National Day is now over and I'm surfacing again after the deep dive.

Will hear if any of my local sources has sniffed something in the wind. But it might already be common knowledge I think I saw a report flicker past from SVT Sapmi...and it was good for us.. I think..

-beserk

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Thinking

beserk

Regular
I have been decoupled from the swings and roundabouts of the appeals process. To much time spent gladhandling Swedish Diplomatic staff trying to promote Sweden 500 th year as independent state here in Oceania.

Swedish National Day is now over and I'm surfacing again after the deep dive.

Will hear if any of my local sources has sniffed something in the wind. But it might already be common knowledge I think I saw a report flicker past from SVT Sapmi...and it was good for us.. I think..

-beserk
But then again it might have been relating to another case that Talma lost. .

-beserk

Affenhorst

Regular
But then again it might have been relating to another case that Talma lost. .

-beserk
My friend, it's dangerous getting our hopes up like that ;)

• Haha

cosors

👀
My friend, it's dangerous getting our hopes up like that ;)
Nothing today from SVT as far as I saw. I easily have 20 tabs on and scan during business hours. But we'll see together.

@beserk is putting out additional feelers for us. Thank you for that! Somehow your posts always create calm in the thicket for me.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
This has been posted before but let's remind ourselves.................

1 minute
- It may be difficult for the municipality to stop the mine in Njunisvárri, says Maria Pettersson, professor of law, LTU. Photo: Hans Sternlund/SVT

Professor: "May be difficult to stop the mine"​

UPDATED APRIL 17, 2023PUBLISHED APRIL 17, 2023

Last week, SVT Sápmi reported that the social democrats in Kiruna municipality have decided at a member meeting to oppose the graphite mine in Njunisvárri.

This is what spokesman Kenneth Nilsson told SVT Norrbotten at the time.

- We wanted to mark already now, regardless of what the Land and Environmental Court says, we wanted to mark our will in this matter. Regardless of what they say, our opinion on the matter is no different. The environmental issue is extremely important to us who have children and grandchildren in the area. That is one of the main issues, in addition to that, it is also the Sami villages that lose a lot of grazing land and migration routes that close off a large area for them along the river valley.

The court has given permission
Last week the Land and Environmental Court announced the verdict in the case where the battery anode company Talga AB applied for an environmental permit in Njunisvárri outside Vittangi in Kiruna municipality. The court grants permission and considers that the company meets the environmental criteria and it is also judged that it is possible to combine the mining operations with the reindeer husbandry. How then does Kiruna municipality's opportunity to stop a mining establishment look if the majority in the municipal council wants it.

It is true that municipal self-government in Sweden is very strong and is established in the constitution, says Maria Pettersson, professor of jurisprudence at Luleå University of Technology, but there are openings.

- Decisions must be made close to the citizens, but it is not without openings. As the Land and Environment Court has granted permission for the activity and in that permission, the assessment has been made that the area in question is of national interest, both for reindeer husbandry but also for the extraction of valuable substances and if the municipality does not adopt a detailed plan that, for example, promotes this national interests, then the government can step in and instruct the municipality to adopt such a plan and that breaks the municipal planning monopoly. It is one of very, very few opportunities to do so, says Maria Pettersson.

Does the municipality have a greater chance in this case of stopping this mining via the detailed plan?

- I wouldn't think so in the long run, given that this permit has now been announced and the national interests have been determined legally, so I don't think so, answers Maria Pettersson.

Reactions: 6 users

Monkeymandan

Regular

Attachments

• 6E40B60D-6F0C-452C-9C90-21421293E0F3.png
    6E40B60D-6F0C-452C-9C90-21421293E0F3.png
    549 KB · Views: 45
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
Refinery approved!!!

Talga AB receives permission for a new facility for the manufacture of battery materials in Luleå​

Published 2023-06-21 byUmeå district courtandThe Land and Environmental Court at Umeå District Court
Goal: M 1826-22
The Land and Environmental Court gives Talga AB a license to a facility that will use graphite to produce anode material, which can be used in batteries for, for example, electric cars. The facility is to be built on the new industrial area Hertsöfältet in Luleå.
The main issue in the case has been the facility's release of mainly zinc into the water in Sörbrändöfjärden, where the County Administrative Board in Norrbotten County has questioned whether the releases can be allowed. The water conditions in the bay are complex based on the influence of the Luleälven and emissions from existing activities on Svartön. However, the court has judged that the facility's emissions do not lead to an impermissible deterioration of the water's status.
- The court has indeed judged that the emissions can be allowed, but at the same time has decided that the company must investigate the possibility of further purification before the court finally decides what conditions will apply to the emissions, says councilor Jonas Öhlund, who was the court's chairman.
The combined investigation in the case shows, according to the court, that the activity's impact on human health or the environment will not be greater than it can be accepted, after the necessary protective measures have been taken. The business can therefore be granted permission under the conditions prescribed by the court. For the water discharges, temporary conditions apply pending the further investigations the company must carry out.
The license means that the company may manufacture up to 22,000 tonnes of battery anode material per year. As raw material, the company intends to use graphite from its planned mines in Vittangi.
The judgment can be appealed to the Land and Environmental Court of Appeal within three weeks.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
Pragmatism and common sense prevails with regards to the zinc discharge.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom