PERMITS

beserk

Regular
Do you think the people who owned those summer houses submitted opposition during the permitting hearing? If not, then why do you think they would get involved now?

Did you hear back from the court about getting a copy of the full decision? I submitted a request on their website, but haven't received a response yet.

If you call the court again, it would also be great to understand if we can get a copy of any appeals that come in and when we should expect the court to announce whether they will grant leave to appeal.
Fairly snowed under at work right now but I will send court registrar an email in hjältarnas och ärans språk about any appeal and where and when the wording of said appeal will appear.

Its a week 'til Christmas. We live in a town named Hope.

-beserk

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

anbuck

Regular
Fairly snowed under at work right know but I will send court registrar an email in hjältarnas och ärans språk about any appeal and where and when the wording of said appeal will appear.

Its a week 'til Christmas. We live in a town named Hope.

-beserk
Thank you, Beserk!

Reactions: 1 users

beserk

Regular
Hi beserk!
Watch the short video here:
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/sapmi/professor-kan-vara-svart-att-stoppa-gruvan

I brought the picture because I am curious how they will cope with the decision to be against, when the decision is against their own government, against the EU, against the EU Presidency of Sweden, against the CRA, against the EU Green Deal and against the emission targets. And it is not a small splinter party.
Look at the documents of the CRA for 'strategic' and what that means and then look at this round. That was my thinking and reason for posting it. I don't want to be in their shoes. And that's in a mining town like Kiruna. But each as he likes.

In the first and smallest expansion stage about 1.16M tonnes of CO² will be saved. This corresponds to the footprint of about 340,000 Swedes or about just under 3.3% of the total Swedish population. How do they sell that to their voters?
Life Cycle Assessment

https://ourworldindata.org/co2/country/sweden

Oh think about Prancer, Dancer, Bomber and Vixen, Cupid, Comet and Donner and Blizen. They will not enjoy their carrots at Christ mas because their digestion is upset by the sight of an empty mine site.

That won't even be visible from the Torne river banks were they congregate to play their Reindeer games.

Can I be Bomber plz? My aussie rules footy team is the Essendon Bombers. It was coached by Mark 'Bomber' Thompson. I kid you not.

Screenshot_20230419_130610_Google.jpg

PS Not the reason I invested in Talga but many one eyed Bomber supporters would.

Maybe we should have a stand for Talga Group and our MT at the Essendon membership drive at the hallowed Melbourne Cricket Ground, MCG, at the beginning of next season in February?

I am a member of a Bombers couterie of middle aged fans with disposable income to spend.

We could be on a winner! In more ways than one....

-beserk

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
I’m guessing it was the same crazy person who posted:

"And destroy 4 rivers! IF they get permission. Large factories near the Hertsön district and a cottage area and harbour for leisure boats...Yes, yes....graphite mining is intended to be in the middle of the Torne River and the Vittangi River…”
Nope or nah. It is rather about a thing that is not mentioned in the judgement.

cosors

👀
Hi beserk!
Watch the short video here:
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/sapmi/professor-kan-vara-svart-att-stoppa-gruvan

I brought the picture because I am curious how they will cope with the decision to be against, when the decision is against their own government, against the EU, against the EU Presidency of Sweden, against the CRA, against the EU Green Deal and against the emission targets. And it is not a small splinter party.
Look at the documents of the CRA for 'strategic' and what that means and then look at this round. That was my thinking and reason for posting it. I don't want to be in their shoes. And that's in a mining town like Kiruna. But each as he likes.

In the first and smallest expansion stage about 1.16M tonnes of CO² will be saved. This corresponds to the footprint of about 340,000 Swedes or about just under 3.3% of the total Swedish population. How do they sell that to their voters?
Life Cycle Assessment

https://ourworldindata.org/co2/country/sweden
Ok, I give myself the answer.
They don't sell it to their voters because they don't know and probably prefer to vote ignorantly and the politicians don't care why they were elected (social?!?).

They are like politicians are and do what they want as long as it looks good on the outside - yes, we will take care of you. 🤣
No matter if there is a lie in it that the ignorant voter does not suspect or want to know. But that's not only how their politics works, for example, it's also how it works here. The only solution is to learn as much as possible and vote for the party that deceives the least.

They do this because they already know that the government has the upper hand. They don't tell their voters 🤫 who don't need to know or don't want to read and understand the SVT. If they lose the case they can all be sad together and pat themselves on the back - we have tried everything to stop this destructive exploitative robbery. That it is the opposite is of no interest to voters or elected politicians. That's how they are.

It's not about this one party. Let them do what makes them happy I think.
It reminded me of an event in the EU Parliament. There, completely surprisingly for me and really wrong in the matter, something was voted for with a huge majority. The thing never came because it was rejected in the Council by the same parties that voted for it.
They knew from the start that it would never pass so they voted for it beforehand to signal to the voters that they care. That's how politics works ~sometime.

All IMHO

Last edited:

anbuck

Regular
I'm curious what people estimate the chance of appeal is. I put it at 70% that at least one party files an appeal and 15% that leave to appeal is granted.

beserk

Regular
Nope or nah. It is rather about a thing that is not mentioned in the judgement.

My interpration is that the person is trying to say that Talgas mining claim straddles both the Torne and Vittangi rivers which it does.Count two rivers affected. Then the Torne and Vittangi carries 'polluted' water to the Tarando . Count three. And the Tarando flows into the Kalix river system. Count four river systems potentially affected.

-beserk

Reactions: 2 users

beserk

Regular
The Tarando is a natural bifurcation, a river that connects and links two river systems. In this case the Torne and the Kalix rivers

-beserk

cosors

👀
My interpration is that the person is trying to say that Talgas mining claim straddles both the Torne and Vittangi rivers which it does.Count two rivers affected. Then the Torne and Vittangi carries 'polluted' water to the Tarando . Count three. And the Tarando flows into the Kalix river system. Count four river systems potentially affected.

-beserk
No, that is not the answer either - the riddle remains.)

Last edited:
I'm curious what people estimate the chance of appeal is. I put it at 70% that at least one party files an appeal and 15% that leave to appeal is granted.
I believe 100% likelihood that an appeal will be lodged (perhaps based on spurious arguments) but then we need to wait a month (or sooner) before I believe 100% that leave to appeal will be refused.

Episode 2 Judge GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Amur27

Emerged
I believe 100% likelihood that an appeal will be lodged (perhaps based on spurious arguments) but then we need to wait a month (or sooner) before I believe 100% that leave to appeal will be refused.

Episode 2 Judge GIF by The Simpsons
Agree WTM - for the proponents to win the right to appeal they will have to come up with some solid new arguments to warrant the appeal and if they covered everything at the original hearing, well then, they are on shaky ground. They must be searching for everything they can lay their hands on in order to have new attack. Also, TLG have well and truly done their own homework so hopefully all bases have already been covered.

Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Agree WTM - for the proponents to win the right to appeal they will have to come up with some solid new arguments to warrant the appeal and if they covered everything at the original hearing, well then, they are on shaky ground. They must be searching for everything they can lay their hands on in order to have new attack. Also, TLG have well and truly done their own homework so hopefully all bases have already been covered.
I remind of my riddle. But let's see how it all turns out.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I don't want to help the wrong and will therefore remain silent unless someone guesses and posts it without thinking.
I saw it briefly but now have lost track of where you posted it. Would you mind posting it again ?
No Problem Thumbs Up GIF

cosors

👀
I recommend that even those who are not interested in law take a look here. Here you will also find everything about the processes, i.e. how Talga will work. I find it interesting, even though I am far from finished reading.

Attached you will find an English translation of the judgment in full length as PDF. Unfortunately, the layout is not good but you can read it. The table of contents starts on page 17. All aspects are considered.

Because I have also translated the file into German and so that you don't have to do it again, some of you come from Germany, I have also attached the file in German.

Attachments

• Nunasvaara_paatos_Umeå_TR_M_1573-2_Deldom_2023-04-05 en.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 118
  • Nunasvaara_paatos_Umeå_TR_M_1573-2_Deldom_2023-04-05 deu.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

catdog

I recommend that even those who are not interested in law take a look here. Here you will also find everything about the processes, i.e. how Talga will work. I find it interesting, even though I am far from finished reading.

Attached you will find an English translation of the judgment in full length as PDF. Unfortunately, the layout is not good but you can read it. The table of contents starts on page 17. All aspects are considered.

Because I have also translated the file into German and so that you don't have to do it again, some of you come from Germany, I have also attached the file in German.
Thank you very much Cosors! While I’m not a practising lawyer, I have a law degree and post graduate degree in legal practice. I don’t profess to have much knowledge of Swedish law but I have always been fascinated by the permit process. I look forward to reading this judgment and will try to sum up my thoughts when I get a chance.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

anbuck

Regular

Thank you! How did you get ahold of it?

beserk

Regular
I have had the opportunity to read the whole document and noted one thing.

Talma , Gabna Sámi villages and some of the antis are trying to make money out of this case or at least cover cost for expensive legal rep. I have read somewhere that this Case has supported a cottage industry of lawyers translators and other people hanging out for a free lunch going on for three years.

Exerpt out of Ruling...

- COSTS

Trial fee
The Land and Environmental Court does not change what was decided in the decision on 3 June 2020 about the examination fee in the case.

Legal costs
The Land and Environmental Court rejects Gabna Sami village's and Talma Sami village's respective claims for compensation for court costs.

- DISPLAY

The Land and Environmental Court rejects EBs, PEBs, PPs and JJ's, AJs and EJs claims for financial compensation as a result of applied mining activity.

End of Exerpt...

The last claim is quiet puzzling to me. Do they want to monetize imaginary damages they already suffered? Anyhow the court rejected their argument. And the Court will reject anything covered in its ruling so in a way we should thank the antis for raising all the arguments at this level.

I think they thought they would stop us at the first instance. They have shot themselves in the foot.

IMHO The only ace of Diamonds left for the antis is the UN protection afforded to Indigenous population culture and life style much like the Fosen case in the streets of Oslo. In the presence of St Greta.

"So know it has come to pass. "

GALADRIEL LOTR

-beserk

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom