BRN Discussion Ongoing

BrainShit

Regular
Priced at $799, the Akida Edge AI Box not only stands out for its technological prowess but also for its affordability, making advanced neuromorphic computing accessible to a broader range of industries.

AI_Box_Akida.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users
Got a bit excited about the title & had to have a look.

Whilst they are using Prophesee and Sony, it is unfortunately for us, a Xperi team and Uni of Galway.

Seems Xperi still working on the Prophesee relationship they had prior to Prophesee also partnering with us.

Trust our team have got their game on in the DMS field with NVISO and Emotion3D though I note we aren't listed on the E3D partner / customer page :unsure:

Good to see Onsemi is...wonder if we are a happy trio :)

Optimization of Event Camera Bias Settings for a Neuromorphic Driver Monitoring System​

• January 2024
  • IEEE Access PP(99):1-1
DOI:10.1109/ACCESS.2024.3371487

The camera used in the study is a Sony IMX636ES sensor integrated with
Metavision EVK4-HD.

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
For some reason I must have forgot or not realised we attended the AutoSens Europe in 2023.

Well represented with some of our friends too like MB, ARM, Renesas, Valeo, OnSemi.

Trust we will be attending this years in Barcelona and hopefully with NVISO and / or E3D maybe.

08 - 10 OCTOBER, 2024 | PALAU DE CONGRESSOS, BARCELONA​

AutoSens Europe 2023 Attendees​

Brainchip
- VP Sales EMEA

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users
For some reason I must have forgot or not realised we attended the AutoSens Europe in 2023.

Well represented with some of our friends too like MB, ARM, Renesas, Valeo, OnSemi.

Trust we will be attending this years in Barcelona and hopefully with NVISO and / or E3D maybe.

08 - 10 OCTOBER, 2024 | PALAU DE CONGRESSOS, BARCELONA​

AutoSens Europe 2023 Attendees​

Brainchip
- VP Sales EMEA
An introduction the VW Group by OnSemi would be pretty welcome...posted a week after they posted our podcast with them :)

Screenshot_2024-03-05-22-39-56-54_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-05-22-42-01-86_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

Diogenese

Top 20
You know, one tweet by Elon mentioning (our) Brainchip would be worth more than a thousand ASX announcements. Anyone here friends with him on social media? :)

New Email -

Join us for the "Unlocking Edge AI: Advanced Features of Edge Impulse" workshop to learn about our latest capabilities, including enhanced model tuning, new deployment options, and more.

Led by our lead engineer, Louis Moreau, you'll discover how to scale machine learning for edge AI projects. Register now for a chance to win a Jetson Orin Nano Dev Kit.
Learn how to:
  • Handle complex data pipelines
  • Use the latest advanced features of Edge Impulse such as model tuning and optimization, visual anomaly detection, and new deployment options
  • Reduce RAM and ROM usage in ML models without sacrificing accuracy or increasing latency
  • Deploy ML models to any edge device, gateway, or Docker container
Date: March 12, 2024
Time: 8:00AM PDT / 11:00AM EDT / 4:00PM GDT
Where: Virtual

Edge Impulse has complementary technology for Akida for configuring the layout of a NN model for a specific task:

US2024028946A1 Configuring a Pipeline Including a Signal Processing Component and a Machine Learning Component 20220720

1709649792932.png

[0002] Machine learning, or artificial intelligence, refers to a system that uses data to perform tasks. A machine learning model may be built for a system based on training data (e.g., a dataset). The machine learning model may then be deployed to make predictions (e.g., predictions that an application can use to help guide decisions, such as predictions for image or sound classification), to generate data, and/or to transform data.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

CHIPS

Regular
You know, one tweet by Elon mentioning (our) Brainchip would be worth more than a thousand ASX announcements. Anyone here friends with him on social media? :)

Elon has 175.1 million followers and he follows only 551 people. Chances are small ...
Last year I saw a post addressed to him explaining about BrainChip. I have no idea who it was, but did it help? :unsure:

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users
We need some good news today people
Come on team Brainchip we don’t want to loose momentum. Forward and upward

Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Elon has 175.1 million followers and he follows only 551 people. Chances are small ...
Last year I saw a post addressed to him explaining about BrainChip. I have no idea who it was, but did it help? :unsure:
It's not unlikely but maybe too ~hot for him or a thing that annoys him, why didn't I patent that.
He is very much on the ball when it comes to top notch tec. The little Talga coatet once the first big ship in the world with graphene. And he commented on this event of all things. We were quite excited. But he is and remains a visionary engineer, even if he has many quirks in his personality.
So if he is following Talga's coating, why not NC that was shot into space with his rocket.
I'm going to go out on a limb. He wants to do and achieve everything in-house. Preferably from the mine to the finished product. Maybe he's annoyed that his brainchip on Google more and more points in our direction :D:ROFLMAO:

Grumble, brainchip in my Space X. Why didn't anyone tell me that? Oh, that's THAT brainchip. I expect a report from you tomorrow or you're fired. Why don't we have the naming rights? And as for you WANCAs, get to work or you're useless to me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
1000013921.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Frangipani

Regular
What a wonderful birthday present it was for me to see Akida lift off into space last night (my local time)!

But why not post pictures of the actual launch on the Brainchip website and social media channels? 🤔 While beautiful, those posted don’t exactly align with the liftoff at 2.05 pm local California time in broad daylight! 😉
And the launch vehicle shown on the Brainchip website is not even a Falcon 9 Block 5…

2CF37A48-812E-4A44-868D-9F9683936485.jpeg

C4D414EF-F2F9-4FC3-9F1B-1B36F5E4CA9B.jpeg

Hi Esq.

sorry to disappoint you, but the headline is indeed fake news and not “actually true”…

The Transporter 10 SSO (sun-synchronised orbit) rideshare mission that Akida was on was a return-to-launch-site mission that launched from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California and deployed a total of 53 satellites. One of them was Australia’s largest privately-owned satellite Optimus, with ANT61’s Brain neuromorphic computer (and thus AKD1000) onboard. That was the plan from the outset, to be deployed from the launch vehicle. So no, Akida was not on its way to the ISS. Definitely fake.

Fast forward to 1:22:30 h, and you can listen to someone say “Optimus separation confirmed” (unfortunately the telemetry had a short blackout period, so you couldn’t see the deployment on live view, like with some of the other satellites).

60636FDE-6F6A-4AFD-9AA6-C5F7455E8D29.jpeg

There was, however, a different SpaceX launch with another Falcon 9 Block 5 at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida on the night of March 3rd local time (= March 4th GMT+1) also known as NASA’s SpaceX Crew-8 mission that transported three American astronauts and a Russian cosmonaut to the ISS, where they have meanwhile arrived.

BEING involved in spaceX falcon9 is not s small deal..its MAJOR! AND IT should be at the very least an ASX non sensitive announcement!!
Absolute bollocks if u ask me. There is a difference with bullshit and real asx announcements. THIS WAS AND IS A REAL NON-SENSISTIVE announcement.!
"We are travelling in SpaceX lets see how SpaceX travels" !!
Elon is responsible for the travel and we are on the journey to assist.

Hi MDhere,

you seem to be confusing something here (or maybe your homemade cocktail mix is to blame for the mix-up?🍸😜 )

Think of Elon Musk’s SpaceX as a space taxi company.
Terrestrial companies planning on deploying satellites into space can book and pay for a slot on SpaceX’s rideshare missions.

97413A34-AD56-42E7-92D5-2D6435AE2CDD.jpeg

That’s exactly what Australian Space Machines Company did to get their 270 kg Optimus OSV (Orbiting Servicing Vehicle) with ANT61 & Akida (and heaps more technology made in Australia) onboard into a sun-synchronous orbit. So now SpaceX’s work is done - it successfully deployed its payload.

AKD1000 is built into the ANT61 Brain computer, which will begin operation in the coming months. I reckon there won’t be much media coverage until then.

There is, however, no indication that our Akida chip is also built into the actual SpaceX Falcon 9 Block 5 launch vehicle, as you seem to believe. It was just the taxi that got us into space (onboard Optimus) - as well as lots and lots of other tech in our and the other 52 satellites. Hence we were not “on the journey to assist”. Just one passenger among hundreds of others from SpaceX’s perspective.

So why would Elon mention us in connection with the Transporter 10 mission? (Unless he had decided to invest in Brainchip and wanted to announce it to the whole world, that is).

C4852E11-B73B-4EEE-B8CA-401F4230BFE6.jpeg

2F7ADD90-722C-4D58-A70D-74D2957C990A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

BrainChip Adds Edge Box to Chip and IP Offerings​

By Sally Ward-Foxton 03.05.2024 0
Share Post
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

BrainChip has become the latest edge AI chip maker to make its chips available in an “edge box” appliance, via Indian ODM VVDN.
Edge boxes are small standalone systems for AI acceleration, typically used for multi-camera video analytics in smart city or surveillance applications, or in industrial applications where sensor data is aggregated for analysis. They’re becoming an increasingly popular path to market for edge AI chip makers.

BrainChip will continue to offer first- and second-generation Akida chips and licenses for its Akida IP for SoC designs. The new edge box, which will be available from BrainChip and VVDN, doesn’t represent a pivot for the company, simply another path to market, BrainChip CMO Nandan Nayampally told EE Times.

At the edge, silicon and actual usable platforms are at a premium to some extent…the [edge box] helps us proliferate our tech, and it helps ODM box makers build out scale,” he said. “VVDN is one of the top box makers and they are providing boxes to OEMs and brands, but they are also looking at growing their own capabilities, because they see markets there…they see markets they can grow into if they scale. So this is a path for us both to proliferate our tech, improve revenue structures, and improve software and applications.”

The aim is for VVDN to offer the BrainChip box to its existing retail customers, but it will also be available on the BrainChip website to drive proof-of-concept activity and seed the market for BrainChip’s silicon and IP products, Rob Telson, VP of ecosystem and partnerships at BrainChip, told EE Times.

“We are expecting buyers to come and buy five to 10 boxes [from BrainChip], to start working in their environment,” Telson said. “We have a pipeline of customers that we’ve already engaged with, users of our development boards [who are happy to engage in that way], so we see that activity alongside what VVDN is doing to drive the box.”

VVDN has built an edge box featuring two BrainChip Akida chips targeting retail, security, healthcare and smart city applications (Source: BrainChip) VVDN has built an edge box featuring two BrainChip Akida chips targeting retail, security, healthcare and smart city applications. (Source: BrainChip)
Telson explained that despite strong offerings in the edge AI chip space, volume orders for these chips are still a way away.

“There are dozens of [edge chip] companies out there, and everyone’s doing something really good, they are innovating, but the truth is, unless it’s a plug and play device, no-one is making progress,” he said.

VVDN’s existing range of edge boxes focuses mainly on high-performance solutions from Nvidia, targeting security and surveillance applications, with price points in the $1000-2000 range. VVDN wanted to target a slightly different market with Akida, which will go on sale at $799.

“The intention is to hit a lower price point [than available offerings], go to volume and target retail security and inventory management in real time,” Telson said.

Big retailers use video analytics to learn about buyer behavior and for security. Vision in healthcare is also an important market for BrainChip since neuromorphic computing works well with event-based DVS sensors or time-of-flight sensors, perhaps providing fall detection while preserving patient privacy and not needing a cloud connection.

“We’ve started to see this pipeline grow from retail to other specialized high-volume areas where you’re leveraging the AI engine to be able to process information in a way others can’t,” Telson said. “[Neuromorphic technology] also started to pick up momentum in the home—one of these boxes with four cameras hooked up to it gives you your own personal security and surveillance environment without sending data to the cloud.”

BrainChip’s multi-modality, as well as its edge learning capabilities, will be attractive to edge box customers, Telson said.

“[Competitors are] focused on vision…and they are doing good stuff, but the fact of the matter is, when these boxes and the devices go into real world applications, you’re going to want to be able to analyze beyond vision, you’re going to want to analyze voices, sounds and other aspects like vibration,” he said.

The VVDN and BrainChip edge box features an NXP i.MX 8M+ application processor with four Arm Cortex A53 cores alongside two BrainChip AKD1000 chips based on BrainChip’s first generation technology. It also has 4GB LPDDR4 memory, built-in Ethernet, WiFi, HDMI display support, extensible storage and a USB interface.

Future VVDN and BrainChip boxes could use BrainChip’s second-gen AKD1500,which is more compact and efficient, Telson said.

IMG_8545.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users
We need some good news today people
Come on team Brainchip we don’t want to loose momentum. Forward and upward
ABC/BBC 5am news stated the successful launch 🚀 of a Space X Australian capsule that contains equipment that will be tested to enable the robotic repairs to satellites in space . The announcement was not repeated on later news casts . So , as feeble as the timing and content was concerned , we have reached international news .

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

cosors

👀
What a wonderful birthday present it was for me to see Akida lift off into space last night (my local time)!

But why not post pictures of the actual launch on the Brainchip website and social media channels? 🤔 While beautiful, those posted don’t exactly align with the liftoff at 2.05 pm local California time in broad daylight! 😉
And the launch vehicle shown on the Brainchip website is not even a Falcon 9 Block 5…

View attachment 58547

View attachment 58544

Hi Esq.

sorry to disappoint you, but the headline is indeed fake news and not “actually true”…

The Transporter 10 SSO (sun-synchronised orbit) rideshare mission that Akida was on was a return-to-launch-site mission that launched from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California and deployed a total of 53 satellites. One of them was Australia’s largest privately-owned satellite Optimus, with ANT61’s Brain neuromorphic computer (and thus AKD1000) onboard. That was the plan from the outset, to be deployed from the launch vehicle. So no, Akida was not on its way to the ISS. Definitely fake.

Fast forward to 1:22:30 h, and you can listen to someone say “Optimus separation confirmed” (unfortunately the telemetry had a short blackout period, so you couldn’t see the deployment on live view, like with some of the other satellites).

View attachment 58545

There was, however, a different SpaceX launch with another Falcon 9 Block 5 at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida on the night of March 3rd local time (= March 4th GMT+1) also known as NASA’s SpaceX Crew-8 mission that transported three American astronauts and a Russian cosmonaut to the ISS, where they have meanwhile arrived.

Hi MDhere,

you seem to be confusing something here (or maybe your homemade cocktail mix is to blame for the mix-up?🍸😜 )

Terrestrial companies planning on deploying satellites into space can book and pay for a slot on SpaceX’s rideshare missions.

View attachment 58551

That’s exactly what Australian Space Machines Company did to get their 270 kg Optimus OSV (Orbiting Servicing Vehicle) with ANT61 & Akida (and heaps more technology made in Australia) onboard into a sun-synchronous orbit. So now SpaceX’s work is done - it successfully deployed its payload.

AKD1000 is built into the ANT61 Brain computer, which will begin operation in the coming months. I reckon there won’t be much media coverage until then.

There is, however, no indication that our Akida chip is also built into the actual SpaceX Falcon 9 Block 5 launch vehicle, as you seem to believe. It was just the taxi that got us into space (onboard Optimus) - as well as lots and lots of other tech in our and the other 52 satellites. Hence we were not “on the journey to assist”. Just one passenger among hundreds of others from SpaceX’s perspective.

So why would Elon mention us in connection with the Transporter 10 mission? (Unless he had decided to invest in Brainchip and wanted to announce it to the whole world, that is).

View attachment 58552
View attachment 58553

I wish you a happy birthday and the next day is always part of it for me personally, like a holiday, I always take one extra day.
Thanks you for your detective work!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

MDhere

Regular

View attachment 58547

View attachment 58544

Hi Esq.

View attachment 58545

Hi MDhere,

View attachment 58551

View attachment 58552
View attachment 58553

Now im really confused! I might delete my posts as I was just trying to make a point that if we are actually in anything I mean anything even if its for research it in my view should at least have a non sensitive announcement.
Bit like I announce i play chess, I don't always win but I do play chess and for me that's all part of the journey.
This is the point im making if we are participating, win or lose its all part of the journey and a non sensitive announcement should be in order.
The rests of my previous posts I might delete but I think I got my point across just fine.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
It's not unlikely but maybe too ~hot for him or a thing that annoys him, why didn't I patent that.
He is very much on the ball when it comes to top notch tec. The little Talga coatet once the first big ship in the world with graphene. And he commented on this event of all things. We were quite excited. But he is and remains a visionary engineer, even if he has many quirks in his personality.
So if he is following Talga's coating, why not NC that was shot into space with his rocket.
I'm going to go out on a limb. He wants to do and achieve everything in-house. Preferably from the mine to the finished product. Maybe he's annoyed that his brainchip on Google more and more points in our direction :D:ROFLMAO:

Grumble, brainchip in my Space X. Why didn't anyone tell me that? Oh, that's THAT brainchip. I expect a report from you tomorrow or you're fired. Why don't we have the naming rights? And as for you WANCAs, get to work or you're useless to me.

I'm sure we'd all be happy if he buys out the company for a measly $20Billion. He'd then be happy to say that he has 2 Brainchips.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

cosors

👀
I'm sure we'd all be happy if he buys out the company for a measly $20Billion. He'd then be happy to say that he has 2 Brainchips.
Grumble...
not me. No buying out if it's up to me. I want to look back in 10a and not at another company. Let him buy 20B for 10% for all I care.
😆

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

cosors

👀
Now im really confused! I might delete my posts as I was just trying to make a point that if we are actually in anything I mean anything even if its for research it in my view should at least have a non sensitive announcement.
Bit like I announce i play chess, I don't always win but I do play chess and for me that's all part of the journey.
This is the point im making if we are participating, win or lose its all part of the journey and a non sensitive announcement should be in order.
The rests of my previous posts I might delete but I think I got my point across just fine.
No, don't delete it!
I personally can understand that. But the board has had very negative experiences with ASX anns. A single PCI AKD1000 board has been shot into space here. Let's first see how this first NC in space works for mankind. I kind of understand both points of view. BRN was and is being attacked hard and ~we don't know who. General market and no revenue is a stupid argument for me. But to celebrate a single PCI board in the face of attacks over the ASX seems to me so far only a success of Space X being up there. The coming weeks will show what is fact.
I would also like to see more ASX announcements. But of my companies no one is being attacked like Brainchip. For me, WBT and BRN have swapped roles with shorts. But even then, there is still a crucial difference for me. Akida is an announcement that hurts some tec giants that they didn't get it right themselves and are years behind. I would like that too, but I trust the board not to make itself vulnerable any more.
Just the opinion of one very very small dot.

Greetings to Melb!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom