BRN Discussion Ongoing

7für7

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Pacific Defense Awarded USN Contract to Advance AI and ML enabled EW systems for Multi-Mission, Multi-platform applications​

Pacific Defense Distributed Battlefield Sensors (Graphic: Business Wire)
March 04, 2024 02:28 PM Eastern Standard Time
EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pacific Defense, a leading provider of adaptive Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) products and mission solutions, was recently awarded a $17.4M contract by the Office of Naval Research (ONR) to demonstrate advanced algorithms and software that reconfigures distributed battlefield sensors enabling delivery of multi-function effects from devices deployed at the tactical edge. The edge devices will be built from Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) aligned hardware and software to provide the benefits of a truly open architecture, including the ability to rapidly and cost effectively integrate new hardware and software on a recurring basis. This effort will also prove out the Office of Naval Research’s Ubiquitous Edge distributed software architecture on multi-function edge nodes. This modular design enables the creation of a secure EW software defined radio (SDR) multi-function operating environment that will accelerate future capability deployment.
“Pacific Defense is pleased to work with our partners at Perceptronics and CMU to advance SOSA aligned sensing applications that will allow our customers to extend their reach all the way to the tactical edge”
Post this
The awarded contract will be led by Pacific Defense with support from Perceptronics Solutions and Carnegie Mellon University (CMU). “Pacific Defense is pleased to work with our partners at Perceptronics and CMU to advance SOSA aligned sensing applications that will allow our customers to extend their reach all the way to the tactical edge,” said Frank Pietryka, VP of EW, SIGINT, and Autonomy at Pacific Defense.
The contract has a 24-month period of performance running through February of 2026 with primary places of work in El Segundo, CA, Nashua, NH, and Fairfax, VA.
About Pacific Defense
Headquartered in El Segundo, California, Pacific Defense takes an organic, commercial-minded approach to developing military-use advanced solutions delivering EW, SIGINT, Comms and C2 capabilities to US and International customers, with a particular focus on CMOSS solutions. Products are designed from the outset for modern, AI-driven autonomy with CMOSS and SOSA-aligned hardware and software. This includes state-of-the-art processing that can readily follow the evolution of commercial technology with complete data sharing across networks and platforms. See more information at www.pacific-defense.com and www.linkedin.com/company/pacific-defense.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 30 users

White Horse

Regular
Surely this worth an asx release.
Hi Shadow,
I'm happy to wait, until they know for sure that it is working as envisaged, for the announcement.

"With the success of the launch behind it, the ANT61 Brain will begin operation in the coming months with plans to refine its robot’s vision system, training with a video directly from the satellite’s cameras. The ANT61 Brain utilizes the AKD1000 of BrainChip’s first-generation Akida technology."

Imagine the negative headlines if we were to go off Half Cocked. and things didn't go according to plan.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 37 users

MDhere

Regular
I stole this from the other site ,

Found by Kenjikool.

View attachment 58469

NOTE . THIS ARTICLE IS APPARENTLY A DEEP FAKE ....... ALTHOUGH ACTUALLY TRUE...... GO FIGURE.
You would think though that Skynews or even Australia papers would actually get on board and promote our very own AUSTRALIAN COMPANY that is on board the SpaceX :) Wake up Australia, Brainchip is our Gem and PVDM needs a nobel prize!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

krugerrands

Regular
Yeah I thought end of '23 didn't sound right..

Renesas are huge, so who knows what their plans are..

According to the recent BrainChip presentation, there is another physical chip, with our IP in it, other than AKD1000 and AKD1500, but nobody seems too interested, curious, or excited about it..

View attachment 58440

I've already made the observation, that, not only did they "highlight" the customer SOC, like "Look at this folks!" but AKD2000 isn't there, because it's not physical yet.

This isn't a slide showing theoretical products, but actual physical integrated circuits, in my opinion.

Seems like an exciting and reasonable deduction based on the fact that there is no space for Akida 2.0 IP reference chip.

AKD1000 / 1500 are Akida 1.0 IP reference chips.

However don't count on ever having a reference chip for Akida 2.0 IP.
Nor assume it would be called AKD2000 - is there any justifaction for this?

43:20
I paraphrase to some degree.

Tony - there is only marginal benefit in taping out
- we don't want to be seen as competing with our customers

- we are focussed on IP model not physical chips

Sean - maybe, maybe not but there is no need right now ( in reference to make reference chip for Akida 2.0 IP )

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

krugerrands

Regular

This was discussed at lenght in Apr 2022

Apparently it is an experimental setup by ex3.
Brainchip NOT inbedded in the CPU.
eX3 - "Hi,
This is an experimental setup by eX3 - it is quite coincidental that we host the Brainchip cards in the KunPeng nodes.
Best regards"

DYOR

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users
Do we have a separate thread open for ANT61? As I recon it’s worth 1?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Seems like an exciting and reasonable deduction based on the fact that there is no space for Akida 2.0 IP reference chip.

AKD1000 / 1500 are Akida 1.0 IP reference chips.

However don't count on ever having a reference chip for Akida 2.0 IP.
Nor assume it would be called AKD2000 - is there any justifaction for this?

43:20
I paraphrase to some degree.

Tony - there is only marginal benefit in taping out
- we don't want to be seen as competing with our customers

- we are focussed on IP model not physical chips

Sean - maybe, maybe not but there is no need right now ( in reference to make reference chip for Akida 2.0 IP )

That's fair enough and good points, but why is it the only thing highlighted?

Or maybe it's highlighted, because it's the "only" thing there, that hasn't happened?

But in that case, it should really have a star, with a footnote or something?

I suspect, they probably expected someone to ask about it, in the Investor Questions..

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

rgupta

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Hi Shadow,
I'm happy to wait, until they know for sure that it is working as envisaged, for the announcement.

"With the success of the launch behind it, the ANT61 Brain will begin operation in the coming months with plans to refine its robot’s vision system, training with a video directly from the satellite’s cameras. The ANT61 Brain utilizes the AKD1000 of BrainChip’s first-generation Akida technology."

Imagine the negative headlines if we were to go off Half Cocked. and things didn't go according to plan.
It is very unlikely, that there will be an ASX announcement.

And any announcements of this type, are not going to be what drives the share price, in my opinion.

We've had consistently large volume, for the last month now.

20240305_174808.jpg

There are many more eyes on this stock, than there has been for a long while.
They are not waiting for ASX announcements, they are buying now.
(although it's hard to tell, how much accumulation, is actually going on).

There's over 2200 stocks on the ASX and even if you only focus on the All Ords (Top 500) potential investors, are not going to notice (especially) a non-price sensitive announcement, unless it's already a company, they are following closely, anyway.

If they already know about us, they would realise, that we are moving forward and that lower prices "may" not be around "forever".

I get it, we all want the price to appreciate quicker and make us all "rich" at least financially, but it will happen, when the Company makes solid material progress, which is coming.

I hope...

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
I’m sure this has been posted, but I don’t have the time reading through every post.

I was not aware that SpacX was involved with the launch of ANT61! This is awesome!

Does this mean that Elon musk Knows about Brainchip Akida?

My guess is yes, it’s a brand new technology being launched into space with their rockets! I would be very surprised if Elon does not know about it!

Attachments

• 8C5D9EBE-5AEA-4BC6-86CA-2217C7D9EA32.png
    8C5D9EBE-5AEA-4BC6-86CA-2217C7D9EA32.png
    573.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Officially akida is in space. Unofficially may had already be there in space.
Agree. I wouldn't be surprised to find we've already flown in numerous area 51 type platforms that us schlebs will only ever find out about when they are revealed in fifty years time. Look at the history of the U2, SR71 Blackbird and the radar opaque designs of the B2 stealth bomber and F117 Nighthawk. All in operational service for decades before their existence was openly acknowledged.
And who knows what was being tested on the X-37B.
I'll bet it wasn't just some old shit they had lying around. 🤣
Quite likely they used some cutting edge COTS rad hardened state of the art Neuromorphic chips only recently developed and approved by NASA.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Wonder if the PY4 cubesats on board from Ames are also linked to our mission?

SC

• Thinking
I’m sure this has been posted, but I don’t have the time reading through every post.

I was not aware that SpacX was involved with the launch of ANT61! This is awesome!

Does this mean that Elon musk Knows about Brainchip Akida?

My guess is yes, it’s a brand new technology being launched into space with their rockets! I would be very surprised if Elon does not know about it!
He's known about us, for at least a couple of years, I'd say..

He'd be across all technological advancements.

Open your pockets Elon!
Ya miser 😛

How does he propose to give Optimus useful smarts??..

20240305_184919.jpg

The only practical way, would be neuromorphic, in my opinion.

"I will finish making your coffee, after another quick 20 minute charge, Sir"

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

CHIPS

Regular
Morning AARONASX .

Good pick up.

Don't suppose there is any amongst us with connections in the main stream media , would be great to see this achievement plastered nationally.

Regards ,
Esq

Never underestimate Twitter / X! If many of us post this event on Twitter or LinkedIn then millions of people will get to read it, sooner or later. Just don't forget the good hashtags.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

CHIPS

Regular
Remember - sometimes we have different time horizons. CEO is allocated a number of shares per year based on a $ value. If the share price is high that $ value buys less. If i was CEO i would want to build up a lot of shares at lower prices and see the share price bloom in 3 years and sail off into the sunset.

Sometimes the business is not as focused on the short-term share prices (majority of the time actually)

Think we have a great management team, and this is just to highlight that we all have different personal time horizons to see BRN rocket take off.
I doubt this!!! They all have more than enough stocks to become rich soon and it would never be in the interest of a company to hold the SP low. If the SP goes up a lot of people and media will start talking about the company and therefore potential customers get more interested and want to know more about BrainChip. It would also be very unethical and our Management is not unethical!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

CHIPS

Regular
I agree with all these comments, but we would be silly to believe that some CEO's do not play with timing of results to suit long term incentive outcomes. Not at all implying that here and there is a lot of pressure for results so feel fine but if BRN had low share value and then ballooned in 2 years, the CEO would be a lot richer.

You have a very strange way of thinking! :unsure:
Do you know at all how a company is being run and how the top Management is working? They do control each other through regular meetings and updates on the development of the business as well as the figures. NOBODY can stop the company from developing for such a reason.

• Haha

ndefries

Regular
You have a very strange way of thinking! :unsure:
Do you know at all how a company is being run and how the top Management is working? They do control each other through regular meetings and updates on the development of the business as well as the figures. NOBODY can stop the company from developing for such a reason.
I do. I work in area of long term incentives. I know how people can work results to get hurdles reached.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

BrainChip Boosts Space Heritage with Launch of Akida into Low Earth Orbit​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – March 4, 2024 BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event- based, neuromorphic AI, today saw its Akida™ AI technology launched into low earth orbit aboard the Optimus-1 spacecraft built by the Space Machines Company. The successful launch is another milestone for BrainChip’s innovative AI acceleration solution in the burgeoning SpaceTech industry, which needs advanced learning and decision-making processes in challenging space conditions.
Akida is built into the ANT61 Brain™ computer, which serves as the primary intelligent control for a series of repair and maintenance robots that will be used to remotely repair damaged space vehicles. This autonomy demands high-performance AI computation under severe energy, power, and thermal constraints. This makes it an application for Akida’s event-based, neuromorphic architecture that can deliver the necessary high performance with extremely low power operation. Additionally, Akida’s unique on-chip learning also enables the ANT61 Brain to learn and adapt, which is critical in constrained space environments where variables are constantly changing.
“We’ve teamed up with BrainChip to create autonomous infrastructure maintenance robots that leverage an AI-driven ‘Brain’ to perform complex repair tasks in the unforgiving vacuum of space,” said Mikhail Asavkin, CEO, and founder of ANT61. “This launch is an important milestone towards that goal. We plan to start operating the world’s first neuromorphic space-grade computer in two months after the launch.”
Mark Ramsey, COO of the Space Machines Company, added “Space is a tough and unforgiving environment and needs innovative technologies like BrainChip’s Akida and ANT61’s Brain to deliver efficient processing and remote learning to adapt to ever-changing environments and mission-critical situations. These innovations can ultimately support Space Machines Company’s vision to provide roadside assistance in orbit.”
With the success of the launch behind it, the ANT61 Brain will begin operation in the coming months with plans to refine its robot’s vision system, training with a video directly from the satellite’s cameras. The ANT61 Brain utilizes the AKD1000 of BrainChip’s first-generation Akida technology.
“This has been a great collaborative learning experience with ANT61, and we congratulate them along with Space Machines Company and others involved with the Optimus-1 launch on a phenomenal achievement,” said Sean Hehir, CEO of BrainChip. “As a company that is cultivating a heritage of empowering highly efficient, intelligent sensing and inference devices, we are excited to add space heritage with this launch, but we’re just scratching the surface as our 2nd generation will enable greater support for future mission-critical space operation. The future of autonomy in space is bright.”
About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY)
BrainChip is the worldwide leader in Edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company’s first-to-market, fully digital, event-based AI processor, Akida™ , uses neuromorphic principles to mimic the human brain, analyzing only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Akida uniquely enables Edge learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, dramatically reducing latency while improving privacy and data security. Akida Neural processor IP, which can be integrated into SoCs on any process technology, has shown substantial benefits on today’s workloads and networks, and offers a platform for developers to create, tune and run their models using standard AI workflows like Tensorflow/Keras. In enabling effective Edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers’ products, as well as the planet. Explore the benefits of Essential AI at www.brainchip.com.
About Space Machines Company
Space Machines Company (SMC) is an Australian company delivering on-orbit servicing and protection of critical space infrastructure through its Orbital Servicing Network. SMC supports mobility, inspection, deorbiting, repair, life extension, and protection capability to satellite customers when and where they need it.
About ANT61
ANT61 is an Australian company focused on building intelligent, reliable products that extend the life of critical space infrastructure that humanity depends on. Building on a state of art technology platform to increase autonomy and learning in remote solutions that are necessary in harsh environments.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users
Hi Shadow,

Yes that’s the way I have seen this as well, it’s going to be all the more sweeter when they can say with total confidence that Brainchip has successfully achieved the final frontier and is doing amazing things in Space.

Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom