AVZ Discussion 2022

wombat74

Top 20

Wombles from what I've been hearing is related to an old saying from General Sun Tzu - Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer!

Looking forward to the cha cha Wombie!

Cheers,
Nells
You care to elaborate Nells ?

Reactions: 1 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
What's also interesting Frank to me anyway is why are they conducting a Roadshow with an AGM in the not-to-distant future, whats of so much importance that they need to fly around Aus and speak to large shareholders at the expense of the company that they can't say one month later. One would think they could save the money and spit it out at the AGM.. 🤷‍♂️

What do they have or do they need large shareholder's backing prior to voting at the AGM... 🤔 🤔 🤔

If they have nothing of value to present or ask and they're trying to smooth things over with large shareholders prior to the AGM while billing the roadshow to the company account, it will not go down very well....
I totally agree 100%

If they're just softening up the chosen few with the roadshows to take the heat out of the AGM it is going to backfire BIGTIME

They will be absolutely slaughtered at the AGM if that's the case

We'll know immediately after the Perth roadshow assuming it occurs prior to the AGM

Anyone who feels they may be interested I have contacts for cheap pitchforks, kindling and fire accelerants

Just let me know....

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Frank

Top 20
Just for information:

Zijin Mining's 2022 Interim Report (dated 23 Sept 2022) still lists 15% of Dathcom as an asset of the company (Note 6, page 141). However, the company also acknowledges that only the deposit ($US5m) is paid. The balance ($US28m) remains unpaid to this date.

I remain skeptical of unsubstantiated reports that Zijin Mining has given up on its claim.

Oh, and I emailed the company seeking clarification.

View attachment 18968

Cheers
F
*Speaking of the Chinese overlords, I see where a bit of "Arse Kissing" in the DRC was going on last week, with

50 years of the normalization of Sino-Congolese diplomatic relations: the Chinese Embassy expresses satisfaction with win-win cooperation

1665890550425.png

The Chinese Embassy in the Democratic Republic of Congo celebrated, Wednesday, October 12, 2022, the Fiftieth Anniversary of the normalization of diplomatic relations between China and the DRC, established by the two governments, since November 24, 1972, after the meeting between the Presidents Mobutu and Mao Zedong.

On this occasion, a seminar was organized at the Hotel du Fleuve in Kinshasa, which brought together several participants from different social strata.

In his speech, the Chinese Ambassador to the DRC, Zhu Jing, said that China is to date one of the first economic partners and investor of the DRC.

A proof, according to him, of the good breathing of Sino-Congolese relations.

"China is one of the first states that supported the independence of the DRC and established diplomatic relations with it.

At 50, the joint search for peace, development, defense of sovereignty and national dignity have led our two countries, two giants on the Asian and African continents, to come together.

The decision taken by President Mobutu to unite on the principle of one China allowed the normalization of our bilateral relations on November 24, 1972.

Today, 50 years later, our diplomatic relations have experienced enormous development.

China has become the first economic partner of the DRC and one of the first investors," said Ambassador Zhu Jing.

For his part, the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Samy Adubango Awotho, praised the attitude of China which, according to him, has never ceased to accompany and support the DRC.

"The DRC has gone through difficult times, and we have never seen China stop supporting us. The Congolese people bear witness to the behavior of certain countries that claim to be partners of the DRC. China is supporting us," he said. he says.

50 years later, China has several infrastructure projects in the DRC in its bag.

She has contributed in several areas of the Congolese State, this is what MP Jérôme Bikenge Musimbi recalled.

“China has not been far from the DRC in the past. There are several Chinese interventions in the DRC.

There is the military agreement.

Many of the Congolese soldiers were trained in China.

China has even offered several military equipment to our army. The economic agreement also, the DRC has benefited from several financial flows from China.

There are several works carried out thanks to China in the DRC.

China has offered several scholarships to Congolese," said MP Jérôme Bikenge.

Need to build trust

For his part, the Charge d'Affaires of the Chinese Embassy in the DRC, Mr. Wang Hailong, insisted on the strengthening of confidence between the DRC and China, in order to preserve its good diplomatic relations which reign between the two States.

"I consider that China and the DRC have an immense need to build confidence.

Our relationship is still going strong.

What maintains relations between friendly countries is the ability to negotiate at every jolt.

Between the DRC and China there is great mutual respect.

China and the DRC are genuine and reliable partners."

The past 50 years, cloudless in our relationship, have proven that our two countries are genuine friends, reliable partners for each other, who are qualified to think bigger and see further," he said. .

In addition, workshops were organized on major topics including: politics, high-tech, socio-culture, cooperation and investment... with a view to further consolidating Sino-Congolese relations.

things-that-make-you-go-hmm.jpg

All i want for Christmas Is a Mining License.png

Come to think of it :unsure:

That's the same thing i wanted last Year ffs !!! :mad:

#Disbelief.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Mickdavo

Regular
I totally agree 100%

If they're just softening up the chosen few with the roadshows to take the heat out of the AGM it is going to backfire BIGTIME

They will be absolutely slaughtered at the AGM if that's the case

We'll know immediately after the Perth roadshow assuming it occurs prior to the AGM

Anyone who feels they may be interested I have contacts for cheap pitchforks, kindling and fire accelerants

Just let me know....

Yeah for sure, they will be slaughtered even more than they would be right now (assuming we get no news between now and the AGM)

As people have previously said, we will get a run down 5mins after the Perth Roadshow event so will be interesting to see what eventuates.. I live in Abu Dhabi so can't attend any events, I've emailed the company and hoping to be patched in Via Zoom or something but I'm waiting to hear back.

Reactions: 9 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Yeah for sure, they will be slaughtered even more than they would be right now (assuming we get no news between now and the AGM)

As people have previously said, we will get a run down 5mins after the Perth Roadshow event so will be interesting to see what eventuates.. I live in Abu Dhabi so can't attend any events, I've emailed the company and hoping to be patched in Via Zoom or something but I'm waiting to hear back.
I'll organize a virtual pitchfork for you ;)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

cruiser51

Top 20
*Speaking of the Chinese overlords, I see where a bit of "Arse Kissing" in the DRC was going on last week, with

50 years of the normalization of Sino-Congolese diplomatic relations: the Chinese Embassy expresses satisfaction with win-win cooperation

View attachment 19032

The Chinese Embassy in the Democratic Republic of Congo celebrated, Wednesday, October 12, 2022, the Fiftieth Anniversary of the normalization of diplomatic relations between China and the DRC, established by the two governments, since November 24, 1972, after the meeting between the Presidents Mobutu and Mao Zedong.

On this occasion, a seminar was organized at the Hotel du Fleuve in Kinshasa, which brought together several participants from different social strata.

In his speech, the Chinese Ambassador to the DRC, Zhu Jing, said that China is to date one of the first economic partners and investor of the DRC.

"China is one of the first states that supported the independence of the DRC and established diplomatic relations with it.

At 50, the joint search for peace, development, defense of sovereignty and national dignity have led our two countries, two giants on the Asian and African continents, to come together.

The decision taken by President Mobutu to unite on the principle of one China allowed the normalization of our bilateral relations on November 24, 1972.

Today, 50 years later, our diplomatic relations have experienced enormous development.

China has become the first economic partner of the DRC and one of the first investors," said Ambassador Zhu Jing.

For his part, the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Samy Adubango Awotho, praised the attitude of China which, according to him, has never ceased to accompany and support the DRC.

"The DRC has gone through difficult times, and we have never seen China stop supporting us. The Congolese people bear witness to the behavior of certain countries that claim to be partners of the DRC. China is supporting us," he said. he says.

50 years later, China has several infrastructure projects in the DRC in its bag.

She has contributed in several areas of the Congolese State, this is what MP Jérôme Bikenge Musimbi recalled.

“China has not been far from the DRC in the past. There are several Chinese interventions in the DRC.

China has even offered several military equipment to our army. The economic agreement also, the DRC has benefited from several financial flows from China.

Need to build trust

For his part, the Charge d'Affaires of the Chinese Embassy in the DRC, Mr. Wang Hailong, insisted on the strengthening of confidence between the DRC and China, in order to preserve its good diplomatic relations which reign between the two States.

What maintains relations between friendly countries is the ability to negotiate at every jolt.

The past 50 years, cloudless in our relationship, have proven that our two countries are genuine friends, reliable partners for each other, who are qualified to think bigger and see further," he said. .

In addition, workshops were organized on major topics including: politics, high-tech, socio-culture, cooperation and investment... with a view to further consolidating Sino-Congolese relations.

View attachment 19034

View attachment 19033

View attachment 19035
Any particular reason why the speaker eats an ice cream while he addresses the Simon Cong Clique, or is it an old custom?

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Any particular reason why the speaker eats an ice cream while he addresses the Simon Cong Clique, or is it an old custom?
It’s the inner core of a pineapple isn’t it? I wonder who got the outer?

Frank

Top 20

Just like to say Hi to anyone from HQ watching with interest atm 😲

In no particular order

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

JOHN CLARKE​

Nigel Ferguson​

RHETT BRANS​

GRAEME JOHNSTON​

EXECUTIVE TEAM

Jan de Jager​

BEN COHEN​

David Paget​

Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps :unsure:

Hey Chaps :ROFLMAO:

Cos if i wanted to know how Shareholders were feeling, get the vibe before a Roadshow / AGM

The Vibe.jpg

welcome-to-the-dark-side.jpg

1665895897211.png

Then i know what I'd be doing in my spare time 😘

Either on the Weekend or on the Crapper :poop:

In my Lunch break or after Hrs :unsure:

Food for thought 🍍

Frank ;)

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

JasonM

Regular

imo I think they have a clear runway out of this mess now and will be trading prior to roadshows and agm. obviously announcements of key outcomes via the asx, whereas the roadshows is an opportunity to provide more colour on the outcomes, journey, and of course answer the many questions. I think the company owes it to the shareholders to provide direct and personable explanations of what has gone on and the roadshows will serve this purpose, they have a lot of trust to rebuild. The more I think about it, the more optimistic I am of trading within the next 2 weeks. hopefully its not just wishful thinking.

Reactions: 24 users

wombat74

Top 20

View attachment 19032

Need to build trust

View attachment 19034

View attachment 19033

View attachment 19035
One minute we read something about DRC cracking down on the Chinese . The next minute they are having a love fest on display for all to see .

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users

wombat74

Top 20
imo I think they have a clear runway out of this mess now and will be trading prior to roadshows and agm. obviously announcements of key outcomes via the asx, whereas the roadshows is an opportunity to provide more colour on the outcomes, journey, and of course answer the many questions. I think the company owes it to the shareholders to provide direct and personable explanations of what has gone on and the roadshows will serve this purpose, they have a lot of trust to rebuild. The more I think about it, the more optimistic I am of trading within the next 2 weeks. hopefully its not just wishful thinking.
Wouldn't surprise me if one of the possible outcomes is a compromise with the Chinese . Have we found a middle ground somewhere in all of this ?Nells' comment about keeping your enemies closer ?

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

tonster66

Regular

View attachment 19032

Need to build trust

View attachment 19034

View attachment 19033

View attachment 19035
All national flags should be flown equally. It seems from this angle the chinese are flying theirs a little higher than the rest. Maybe a small thing but it says a lot

CashKing

Regular
Hungover AF on a Sunday and I spot this Fine Ass 😉

21A8982C-95FA-410C-A675-1213356C550D.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

John25

Regular
The more i think about it …no way in the wide world would AVZ hold a Road Shitshow plus invite the so called heavy hitters of the company who have literally $$$Millions in suspension that things are progressing nicely or a ML is imminent

If this is the case fucking lock me up now & throw away the key
1665901185345.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Samus

Top 20

Just like to say Hi to anyone from HQ watching with interest atm 😲

In no particular order

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

JOHN CLARKE​

Nigel Ferguson​

RHETT BRANS​

GRAEME JOHNSTON​

EXECUTIVE TEAM

Jan de Jager​

BEN COHEN​

David Paget​

Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps :unsure:

Hey Chaps :ROFLMAO:

Cos if i wanted to know how Shareholders were feeling, get the vibe before a Roadshow / AGM

View attachment 19041

View attachment 19042

View attachment 19040

Then i know what I'd be doing in my spare time 😘

Either on the Weekend or on the Crapper :poop:

In my Lunch break or after Hrs :unsure:

Food for thought 🍍

Frank ;)
Also:
images (1) (1).jpeg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

JAG

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Onthefm

Regular
The more i think about it …no way in the wide world would AVZ hold a Road Shitshow plus invite the so called heavy hitters of the company who have literally $$$Millions in suspension that things are progressing nicely or a ML is imminent

If this is the case fucking lock me up now & throw away the key
View attachment 19052
I tend to agree. Or they've done some sort of shitty deal and need to try and smooth things over a bit before agm.

• Thinking

The Fox

Regular

Current article, old news.

DRC: Accused of mismanagement by the IGF, Tshisekedi seized for the "immediate transfer" of DG ai of the COMINIÈRE in court​

MinesOctober 16, 2022
Civil society organizations and platforms have appealed to the Head of State, Félix Antoine Tshisekedi, to obtain the immediate transfer to justice of the Acting Director General of COMINIERE SA. He is, "like other managers of Congolese state-based companies working in the mining sector", accused of mismanagement in a recent report by the General Inspectorate of Finance. These civil society organizations and platforms made it known in a correspondence addressed to the Head of State dated October 11, a copy of which was sent to the editorial staff of MINES.CD on Saturday, October 15, 2022.

These organizations call on Félix Tshisekedi to urgently instruct the government so that the process of replacing mendataires takes place as quickly as possible, in particular at the COMINIERE, and that they are presented to a judge to answer for their actions.

"(...) Our organizations ask you to instruct the Government of the Republic on the urgent replacement of the public mendataires of COMINIERE SA after selective recruitment as recommended by COPIREP (as well as for other mining companies in the State portfolio) and the immediate transfer of the Acting Director General to the Public Prosecutor's Office of the Republic with a view to answering for his actions before an instruct

Indeed, the mendaries of the COMINIERE are accused by the IGF of mismanagement of the country's mining and energy assets, in addition to undermining the vision of the Head of State, according to these civil society organizations.

"The facts charged to the Acting Director General of COMINIERE by the report of the General Inspectorate of Finance since 2022 are contrary to the Code of Ethics applicable to state officials, the laws and regulations that govern mining in our country as well as the efforts that you and your government are constantly making to improve the business climate and the conditions of the socio-economic lives of the Congolese through a good governance

Civil society has also criticized the facts of mismanagement in other public companies in the mining sector, in particular within the mining cadastre (CAMI) where its Director General granted "unsary notification of the operating permit to Dathcom Mining, which does not respect the legal deadline and is contrary to the provisions of the Mining Code and Regulations and the Laws of the Republic".

These associations also denounce "the clumsy management of the country's mining and energy assets by the outgoing committee of SOKIMO".

Emmanuel Lufiauluisu

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

ptlas

Regular
That's my take
May get a few winks etc at pressos and AGM.
Watch the body language carefully.
Of course ML and subsequent trading would only be imminent at the moment.
So don't hold your breath on the 2 weeks.

• Thinking

Mickdavo

Regular

I'm hoping so mate!

Top Bottom