AVZ Discussion 2022

John25

Regular
Ok ok ok ....Some are calling it ....announcement this week :)

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
C

ChrisU

Mate that's my point . Why would they tour the country to tell us we are screwed (without telling us we are screwed) ? Spin will not work . Optimism will not work . Hard facts will only work . Personally if I was CEO and I was not 100% certain of a good outcome there is not a hope in hell I would be doing a Road Show around the country .
No, you ask at question time!

Later after formal meeting, is death of questions.

Also, do a little refresher and Google a little for ASIC and AGM rules for ASX companies. And use those rules to not be derailed as Nigel will cut question time short.

A vote on performance rights will likely occur again, and this vote should only happen once questions are satisfied. Also consider making an audio recording and notify all present. ASX companies afaik has no right to stipulate recordings can not be made. In fact there should be a webinar so everyone can access.

Reactions: 3 users

BEISHA

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

solo

Regular
hope it’s a good news 🙏
but the invitation was dated 12th Oct that was Wednesday.

Yes, I saw the date in the top corner. I've got mine on Friday evening and as I could see most of people started to write about it at the same time. Did someone receive it earlier? If no, then we can assume that the head office prepared them on Wednesday and received command to send them out only on Friday.

• Thinking
Reactions: 18 users
C

ChrisU

Some rights of shareholders are contained here:

Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), s 246G
Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), s 251B
Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), s 317
ASX Listing Rules, Chapters 3 and 4
Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), s 250PA
Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), ss 250S and 250SA
Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), s 250T
Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), s 249N

Reactions: 7 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Hi Money

You dont need to prepare me for what goes on in AGMs, you might remember when we were having our jousts before bromance set in , that i said AGMs / Roadshows were a complete waste of time ( lip service ), that i only acknowledged concrete ASX announcements cause thats all you can pin on the BOD.

I am no shrinking violet, got my eyes wide open that lip service will probably happen again, but i will give it a crack never the less for the benefit of the forum...... having been to many AGMs in the past, you will only have a opportunity to ask 5 questions maximum, which is why only the most crucial / pertinent questions can be offered up as i mentioned before.

Really appreciate the questions you have suggested, but it needs to be trimmed down to the nitty gritty.

I will colate the questions you offered up on the other thread ( Questions to ask Nigel ), compare them to the questions i have in mind, then we will refine and i will go into battle mode come the AGM in November.

Now the decision to make here is, do i ask the questions in " QUESTION TIME " or do i do a meet and greet with Nigel / BOD after the AGM has concluded and catch them off guard whilst they are having a brisky ?

View attachment 19073

Like the way you're thinkin' there Beish

Let's have a think about it collectively and get the co-ordinated questions and messages on target and pertinent for the roadshow and the AGM which quite a few posters are already cracking onto👍

Just throwing it out there............. all the questions and queries and challenges and issues might dissolve ........🤔.....if...if....:unsure:

.........they throw us a bunch of information via Company announcements before any of the happy clapping canape munching Barnum Brothers Circus comes to town

Just thoughts....

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
No, you ask at question time!

Later after formal meeting, is death of questions.

Also, do a little refresher and Google a little for ASIC and AGM rules for ASX companies. And use those rules to not be derailed as Nigel will cut question time short.

A vote on performance rights will likely occur again, and this vote should only happen once questions are satisfied. Also consider making an audio recording and notify all present. ASX companies afaik has no right to stipulate recordings can not be made. In fact there should be a webinar so everyone can access.
The AGM will have a webinar according to the announcement. The no recording rule was suggested to apply to the roadshows which hasn't been confirmed by the company yet but will most likely be the case.

Reactions: 4 users

Misfits

Regular
This is an opportunity to ask whatever questions are needed from shareholders. The last thing the BOD would want is a strike against them at the AGM. That puts them on notice! So, be respectful but forthright in the questions in the roadshow, to so many answers we all deserve, from their silence.

If they ask for more freebies ( shares) then it is at their own peril.

Main questions would be: Were you all (Managers) asleep at the wheel, or did you know what was going on and since WHEN?

What the hell are you going to do NOW to restore SH faith in the current management?

Exactly when do you believe the ML will be finalised, conclusively?

I must admit, from all the years I have been invested on the ASX, AVZ BOD are amongst the best at NON communication to the their shareholders.

Again, if shareholders aren’t happy, vote accordingly at the AGM and a strike will occur against our leaders.

Hopefully things are sorted before hand and my ramblings above are meaningless. But, your money, your investment, your future, so get into them for the answers you seek. GLTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

pow4ade

Regular
*Speaking of the Chinese overlords, I see where a bit of "Arse Kissing" in the DRC was going on last week, with

50 years of the normalization of Sino-Congolese diplomatic relations: the Chinese Embassy expresses satisfaction with win-win cooperation

View attachment 19032

The Chinese Embassy in the Democratic Republic of Congo celebrated, Wednesday, October 12, 2022, the Fiftieth Anniversary of the normalization of diplomatic relations between China and the DRC, established by the two governments, since November 24, 1972, after the meeting between the Presidents Mobutu and Mao Zedong.

On this occasion, a seminar was organized at the Hotel du Fleuve in Kinshasa, which brought together several participants from different social strata.

In his speech, the Chinese Ambassador to the DRC, Zhu Jing, said that China is to date one of the first economic partners and investor of the DRC.

A proof, according to him, of the good breathing of Sino-Congolese relations.

"China is one of the first states that supported the independence of the DRC and established diplomatic relations with it.

At 50, the joint search for peace, development, defense of sovereignty and national dignity have led our two countries, two giants on the Asian and African continents, to come together.

The decision taken by President Mobutu to unite on the principle of one China allowed the normalization of our bilateral relations on November 24, 1972.

Today, 50 years later, our diplomatic relations have experienced enormous development.

China has become the first economic partner of the DRC and one of the first investors," said Ambassador Zhu Jing.

For his part, the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Samy Adubango Awotho, praised the attitude of China which, according to him, has never ceased to accompany and support the DRC.

"The DRC has gone through difficult times, and we have never seen China stop supporting us. The Congolese people bear witness to the behavior of certain countries that claim to be partners of the DRC. China is supporting us," he said. he says.

50 years later, China has several infrastructure projects in the DRC in its bag.

She has contributed in several areas of the Congolese State, this is what MP Jérôme Bikenge Musimbi recalled.

“China has not been far from the DRC in the past. There are several Chinese interventions in the DRC.

There is the military agreement.

Many of the Congolese soldiers were trained in China.

China has even offered several military equipment to our army. The economic agreement also, the DRC has benefited from several financial flows from China.

There are several works carried out thanks to China in the DRC.

China has offered several scholarships to Congolese," said MP Jérôme Bikenge.

Need to build trust

For his part, the Charge d'Affaires of the Chinese Embassy in the DRC, Mr. Wang Hailong, insisted on the strengthening of confidence between the DRC and China, in order to preserve its good diplomatic relations which reign between the two States.

"I consider that China and the DRC have an immense need to build confidence.

Our relationship is still going strong.

What maintains relations between friendly countries is the ability to negotiate at every jolt.

Between the DRC and China there is great mutual respect.

China and the DRC are genuine and reliable partners."

The past 50 years, cloudless in our relationship, have proven that our two countries are genuine friends, reliable partners for each other, who are qualified to think bigger and see further," he said. .

In addition, workshops were organized on major topics including: politics, high-tech, socio-culture, cooperation and investment... with a view to further consolidating Sino-Congolese relations.

View attachment 19034

View attachment 19033

Come to think of it :unsure:

That's the same thing i wanted last Year ffs !!! :mad:

View attachment 19035
This circle jerk held in Simon Kongs hotel attracted the Chinese ambassador and the Charge d'Affairs from the Chinese embassy. Whilst the DRC govt had a deputy minister foreign affairs and some MP attend. How embarrassing for the Chinese lol.

• Fire

Bin59

Regular

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users
Hi Money

You dont need to prepare me for what goes on in AGMs, you might remember when we were having our jousts before bromance set in , that i said AGMs / Roadshows were a complete waste of time ( lip service ), that i only acknowledged concrete ASX announcements cause thats all you can pin on the BOD.

I am no shrinking violet, got my eyes wide open that lip service will probably happen again, but i will give it a crack never the less for the benefit of the forum...... having been to many AGMs in the past, you will only have a opportunity to ask 5 questions maximum, which is why only the most crucial / pertinent questions can be offered up as i mentioned before.

Really appreciate the questions you have suggested, but it needs to be trimmed down to the nitty gritty.

I will colate the questions you offered up on the other thread ( Questions to ask Nigel ), compare them to the questions i have in mind, then we will refine and i will go into battle mode come the AGM in November.

Now the decision to make here is, do i ask the questions in " QUESTION TIME " or do i do a meet and greet with Nigel / BOD after the AGM has concluded and catch them off guard whilst they are having a brisky ?

View attachment 19073

I love your reply BEISH but don’t wait until after question time to ask!

I agree with @Misfits above

Would be good if you go with other shareholders so between you can ask more than 5 questions. I’m sorry I can’t be there with you and I can’t go to Sydney but as many here have said, all the answers to questions should come out at the Perth Roadshow

Last edited:
  • Fire

whales

Regular
They sent out invitations on Friday evening (after 9am Kinshasa time). It seems Perth office got a command from Congo based on some positive outcome. I would be really surprised if there is no market announcement tomorrow morning. Otherwise I don't see any sense in all this..
Hopefully the DG of CAMI has been told by Felix to get his act together and issue and accept payment for appropriate surface rights that includes Carrier De Lest .

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
I love your reply BEISH but don’t wait until after question time to ask!

I agree with @Misfits above

Would be good if you go with other shareholders so between you can ask more than 5 questions. I’m sorry I can’t be there with you and I can’t go to Sydney but as many here have said, all the answers to questions should come out at the Perth Roadshow

I'm planning to be at the Sydney roadshow, but if all the news comes out at the Perth session and it's just going through the motions at the other locations a week later I'd only be going for the "refreshments"

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Frank

Top 20
This circle jerk held in Simon Kongs hotel attracted the Chinese ambassador and the Charge d'Affairs from the Chinese embassy. Whilst the DRC govt had a deputy minister foreign affairs and some MP attend. How embarrassing for the Chinese lol.
*Speaking of the Chinese and things that make you go Hmm :unsure:

I see where,

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

solo

Regular
They sent out invitations on Friday evening (after 9am Kinshasa time). It seems Perth office got a command from Congo based on some positive outcome. I would be really surprised if there is no market announcement tomorrow morning. Otherwise I don't see any sense in all this..

It seems my logic is broken.

• Sad
  • Thinking

oxxa23

Regular
it may be, but, while in suspension there is also no urgency for first thing monday morning either...

Frank

Top 20
Hopefully the DG of CAMI has been told by Felix to get his act together and issue and accept payment for appropriate surface rights that includes Carrier De Lest .

Anyone checked out the minutes of the Meeting yet :unsure:

Présidence RDC  on Twitter #.png

• Thinking

Azzler

Top 20
My logic tells me you wouldn't want to open up 30 minutes after a morning announcement, after all this shitstorm with scared investors.
If the news is truly good, plus we get the updated BFS, then give the market time to digest it before opening up.
An evening, would be much better to bring us out, give the panic sellers time to think things over.
Infact I'm sure by morning everyone will be super pumped with all the good news that the freak outs will be second guessing.

• Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

wombat74

Top 20
Here is a post someone made on the other site which also has merit imo.
"Ann prior, the roadshows are clearly to address major shareholder concerns. It shows the stock will be coming out of suspension, the timeline of which is not up to the mgmt. We all need greater confidence when that does occur to prevent a collapse regardless of the outcome."

There would be plenty of punters (mostly shorters and traders ) who what this suspension to end . I'd image their complaints to the company and the ASX would be relentless . Just maybe the ASX has given AVZ a hurry up .

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Here is a post someone made on the other site which also has merit imo.
"Ann prior, the roadshows are clearly to address major shareholder concerns. It shows the stock will be coming out of suspension, the timeline of which is not up to the mgmt. We all need greater confidence when that does occur to prevent a collapse regardless of the outcome."

There would be plenty of punters (mostly shorters and traders ) who what this suspension to end . I'd image their complaints to the company and the ASX would be relentless . Just maybe the ASX has given AVZ a hurry up .

362011.jpg

I'm hopeful that we are nearing the end of this misery, we might be in for a tough time on open but hopefully that's short term. I'm sure alot of us here are massively in profit from buying back in the single figures so even if there is a massive drop we will still be in profit, just make sure to hold and not panic people.

Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom