TLG Discussion 2022

Semmel

Regular
Talga traditionally published its quarterly on the last day of the month. Not sure why they would change it, but would be welcome nonetheless :) In any way, with today being no CR, there is no way to get one in before the quarterly, which I interpret as "cash is good enough" for more then 2 quarters of runway to avoid pesky questions.

Otherwise, it would be super duper welcome if the SC would finally get its act together and someone got wind of it. But I very much doubt that.

Guess I was royally wrong on this one. Sad turn of affairs.. 😔

Reactions: 2 users
I guess we are all looking for a little ray of sunshine during all this f**king waiting

• Love

Diogenese

Top 20
Meanwhile, over in glass-half-full-land, the Christmas-in-July Santa has arrived (using EU time) and we have the cash to sit back and await the SC at our leisure.

It was the night after Christmas,

and all through the house,

the thunderous roar of tiny sparkling Eno's bubbles

burst on the ear.

The children were lost in a tsunami of wrapping,

and the battery charger had blown a fuse.

Their stockings were full,

but they'd lost their shoes.

An uncle reclined under the table,

for to stand he was not able.

At the door, a 'sweep was muttering:

"Something about removing reindeer droppings from the guttering?"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I dunno , what if the “Placement” is to an OEM

LOL just kidding LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Fixed it for you LOL
Screenshot 2024-07-29 at 11.05.17 am.png

well well well. apology accepted

stop and think that I might know what I'm talking about sometimes

Screenshot 2024-07-29 at 11.13.45 am.png

Compare and contrast what is said here in black and white (very pared back non-committal non progress that sounds like its years away from going anywhere) with what MT will say in the webinar on Thursday. If he talks up Tal-Si as being great and "ready to go" "just waiting final details" "just waiting to package it all up together" etc again I will have to conclude that he's actually full of it and just a good salesman with no execution like most other asx wannabees. This seems to have gone nowhere in 5-6 years.

Also the reduced spending got them enough cash/spend ratio to show more than 2 qrtrs of funding but they still raised at 4 year lows anyway when the price was 50% higher a month ago???????
I can only suspect that they sounded out some brokers for a raise at 50-60c range and no one was interested.

I think holders should really be holding his feet to the fire for explanations on how and why he's not been able to make good on all of these promises over the years.

I won't be participating in this raise even at 38c. I actually don't take any pleasure in this and feel bad for long term holders that are having to suffer through this (except wtm, your arrogance garners no sympathy). Good luck to the rest of you.

Tim

View attachment 67238

well well well. apology accepted

stop and think that I might know what I'm talking about sometimes

So the 38c comment actually came from a genuine source? What was it in the end?

Why didn't you say so? People asked you to clarify, right there in your screenshot.

Congrats on being right, but please don't pull withhold information like that.

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users
So the 38c comment actually came from a genuine source? What was it in the end?

Why didn't you say so? People asked you to clarify, right there in your screenshot.

Congrats on being right, but please don't pull withhold information like that.

I went away for the weekend to enjoy a few glasses of wine (Syrah naturally) and wasn't online so didn't know clarification was needed.

And anyway I don't owe it to anyone revealing what I knew from who particularly with the cheap shots I've received over some of my other fact-based musings

brewm0re

Regular
View attachment 67239

Compare and contrast what is said here in black and white (very pared back non-committal non progress that sounds like its years away from going anywhere) with what MT will say in the webinar on Thursday. If he talks up Tal-Si as being great and "ready to go" "just waiting final details" "just waiting to package it all up together" etc again I will have to conclude that he's actually full of it and just a good salesman with no execution like most other asx wannabees. This seems to have gone nowhere in 5-6 years.

Also the reduced spending got them enough cash/spend ratio to show more than 2 qrtrs of funding but they still raised at 4 year lows anyway when the price was 50% higher a month ago???????
I can only suspect that they sounded out some brokers for a raise at 50-60c range and no one was interested.

I think holders should really be holding his feet to the fire for explanations on how and why he's not been able to make good on all of these promises over the years.

I won't be participating in this raise even at 38c. I actually don't take any pleasure in this and feel bad for long term holders that are having to suffer through this (except wtm, your arrogance garners no sympathy). Good luck to the rest of you.
Hmm 🤔 as I suspected.
“Holding the feet to the fire”
Pyromaniac tendencies may well be engrained in your thinking birdbrain, and disagree as you continue to watch things with joy, where you’ve now declared zero interest to increase your ‘existing’ stake in the company.

• Fire
Hmm 🤔 as I suspected.
“Holding the feet to the fire”
Pyromaniac tendencies may well be engrained in your thinking birdbrain, and disagree as you continue to watch things with joy, where you’ve now declared zero interest to increase your ‘existing’ stake in the company.

ok you can go on to the no sympathy list too

I understand it's natural to lash out when you're frustrated but you'd be better served redirecting that energy to those actually responsible for you losing money

brewm0re

Regular

I understand it's natural to lash out when you're frustrated but you'd be better served redirecting that energy to those actually responsible for you losing money
Ain’t no lost money here champ; nothing is crystallized. Other capital I’ve allocated elsewhere is shitting on your alternatives of Whitehaven. Talga is not 4 or 5 year play as that’s all you could handle. It’s a multi-decade approach. You don’t got the balls to play big so can you fly away chief. Not interested in your list either, you are a nutter.

• Fire
  • Haha

brewm0re

Regular

1722222833148.jpeg

• Haha

Tim

I went away for the weekend to enjoy a few glasses of wine (Syrah naturally) and wasn't online so didn't know clarification was needed.

And anyway I don't owe it to anyone revealing what I knew from who particularly with the cheap shots I've received over some of my other fact-based musings
Fair enough on the first point, I'm offline most weekends as well.
But note there's still plenty of us lurking/reading. We're not involved in the day to day chat, but we still read it all. More information/less speculation is always a good thing.

DAH

Regular

You weren't online - so it was someone else handling your HC accounts over the weekend. Even posting midnight Saturday. Your machine gun approach catches you out.

No-one posts like you do unless there's a strong and material agenda. It's ok. You just have no credibility here.

You're either shorting, looking to accumulate off a low base, or most likely both. Maybe you're connected to BP or UBS.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
You weren't online - so it was someone else handling your HC accounts over the weekend. Even posting midnight Saturday. Your machine gun approach catches you out.

No-one posts like you do unless there's a strong and material agenda. It's ok. You just have no credibility here.

You're either shorting, looking to accumulate off a low base, or most likely both. Maybe you're connected to BP or UBS.

why would it be my credibility in question here when everything I’ve said so far has been correct? Doesn’t matter what my motives are even if you don’t understand them.

I’ll give you these 5 predictions. If I’m wrong I’ll agree to a reduction in credibility
1. No Tal-C offtakes signed in 2024
2. No Vittangi FID in 2024
3. No Tal-Si agreements, partners or strategic investors in 2024
4. Share price won’t go over 70c this year (price I sold at). I’ll even extend that to say won’t go over 70c this FY (next 11 months)
5. Share price will never go over the current ATH (~$2.20)

Makes some predictions of your own if you’re feeling bold enough

I agree with points 1-4, all of which may materialise in H1 2025. I would put a big question mark behind statement 5 - the bull case for Talga is still promising.

brewm0re

Regular
why would it be my credibility in question here when everything I’ve said so far has been correct? Doesn’t matter what my motives are even if you don’t understand them.

I’ll give you these 5 predictions. If I’m wrong I’ll agree to a reduction in credibility
1. No Tal-C offtakes signed in 2024
2. No Vittangi FID in 2024
3. No Tal-Si agreements, partners or strategic investors in 2024
4. Share price won’t go over 70c this year (price I sold at). I’ll even extend that to say won’t go over 70c this FY (next 11 months)
5. Share price will never go over the current ATH (~$2.20)

Makes some predictions of your own if you’re feeling bold enough
My prediction is you’ll eat humble pie. Maybe not in the next 6 months or next 1-2 years. But you’ll have so much humble pie you’ll need a bigger nest after you shit yourself senseless on what could’ve been.

• Fire
  • Haha
I've got him on ignore.

As far as credibility is concerned he did get the CR correct.

I mean none of us had a f**king clue that TLG might need some more cash........but he called it..............LOL

Other than that all his posts come from the point of view of complete distrust of MT and everything MT has ever said. It's a constant theme. Then he tries to compare Syrah to TLG. They are just not comparable. But his constant is that TalC has not been proven to be any better than Syrah's generic product hence the comparison to pricing per tonne but that completely ignores everything MT has said over the years in regard to TalC's superiority over the typical generic product that is Syrah's.

So his constant is that MT is a liar and just a salesman.

I think MT has a truck load of announcements to make but that truck cannot get any traction whilst its wheels are just spinning in the quagmire that is the Supreme Court. You should also note that there are strict prohibitions on Directors purchasing shares on the ASX whilst they are in possession of information that has not been disclosed to the ASX.

Don't forget usually the totally f**king obvious is the answer to many many outstanding questions.

Now I might be completely wrong on that so everyone has to be satisfied that MT is not a liar who has managed to hoodwink so many technical, executive staff, and ex politicians to join him in the biggest mining business screw up to come out of Western Australia since the collapse of Sons of Gwalia

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
I see over at HC one particular uninformed down ramper is questioning why Directors are not buying shares on market when the price is so low

Well they are currently in their Blackout Period. For TLG it is from 30 June 2024 until the publication of the 2024 Annual Report

What is a blackout period?

A company blackout period is a designated timeframe during which the conduct of certain employees, particularly executives, is more regulated.

You’ll generally find two prohibitions:

1. Making any trades on company stock or other securities.
  2. Commenting publicly or privately about the company’s financial results.
Additionally, they may also be prevented from engaging in activities related to their holdings outside of the company that could be considered insider trading.

This can be either voluntary or mandated by government regulations. In Australia, the ASX requires companies to have trading policies and these will typically provide for blackout periods between the close of books and the release to the market of the company’s actual results.

They won’t necessarily mandate not commenting, but companies will have their own policies in this regard. There may be blackout periods at other times, but these are entirely up to the company.

It is important to note that blackout periods usually end when audited results are released

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I see over at HC one particular uninformed down ramper is questioning why Directors are not buying shares on market when the price is so low

Well they are currently in their Blackout Period. For TLG it is from 30 June 2024 until the publication of the 2024 Annual Report

What is a blackout period?

A company blackout period is a designated timeframe during which the conduct of certain employees, particularly executives, is more regulated.

You’ll generally find two prohibitions:

1. Making any trades on company stock or other securities.
  2. Commenting publicly or privately about the company’s financial results.
Additionally, they may also be prevented from engaging in activities related to their holdings outside of the company that could be considered insider trading.

This can be either voluntary or mandated by government regulations. In Australia, the ASX requires companies to have trading policies and these will typically provide for blackout periods between the close of books and the release to the market of the company’s actual results.

They won’t necessarily mandate not commenting, but companies will have their own policies in this regard. There may be blackout periods at other times, but these are entirely up to the company.

It is important to note that blackout periods usually end when audited results are released

Holy creditability! wrong again!!!

the key words you've bolded there say "typically". Well Talga's share trading policy is different! A little research would show you that. Always best to go straight to the primary source instead of the first google search result. You can find it under the corporate governance section on the Talga website.

blackout.png

Talga directors are not barred from buying in the 5 months(?) from 30 June and the release of the annual report. Just a small window of about a week.

Good question though, why aren't Talga directors buying at these rock bottom prices?

Top Bottom