TLG Discussion 2022

It’s very clear your downramping strategy. Who would sit on a forum thinking the company is terminal and have no vested interest anymore…. It’s like a pyromaniac watching a fire burn. Have you nothing better to get off over.

It's not a downramping strategy. If you want conspiracy theories stick to hot cu.

I'm robustly testing the assumptions of the Talga investment case with questions to holders, because the company never respond to my questions so where else can I try and get a different opinion? I'm trying to see if any of you fair dinkum holders (not uprampers!) can justify Talga's valuation or future.

I don't think it's 100% terminal but there's a chance it could be. 5X market cap required to finance the project into depressed pricing and a waning macro for the sector.

Reactions: 1 users
SYR2.png

In the SYR qrtly presentation today they have dropped the lower range for natural graphite AAM spot price to $4,000/t (down from $5,000/t)

Are Syrah downramping their own stock or just stating observable facts?

Q: what premium to the upper range price can Talga feasibly secure for their superior anode?

DAH

Regular
View attachment 67015

In the SYR qrtly presentation today they have dropped the lower range for natural graphite AAM spot price to $4,000/t (down from $5,000/t)

Are Syrah downramping their own stock or just stating observable facts?

Q: what premium to the upper range price can Talga feasibly secure for their superior anode?
Your credibility is very low. I'd guess the majority on this forum would share my opinion. I'm not sure what you are... but you're someone who sees a preso without a Tal-Si slide and decides Tal-Si is suddenly a failure. You're someone who uses accounts on HC to try and spook innocent mum and dad investors into selling what I guess are small parcels of shares to benefit you or others.

I read your posts only in order to help myself double check my due diligence and align it with my strategy. So you've helped me there and yes I've picked up shares recently too.

You love Syrah. Not a great apples to apples comparison. Their chart says "long term" but price says "current". Whatever...

If you think European auto's and cell-makers are not willing to pay Talga more for their anode versus Syrah then best you go invest in Africa (and indirectly China). But you can't leave Talga alone. I wonder why that is...

Take this post as a comment only. I.e., no need to reply as I'll be asleep.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
Your credibility is very low. I'd guess the majority on this forum would share my opinion. I'm not sure what you are... but you're someone who sees a preso without a Tal-Si slide and decides Tal-Si is suddenly a failure. You're someone who uses accounts on HC to try and spook innocent mum and dad investors into selling what I guess are small parcels of shares to benefit you or others.

I read your posts only in order to help myself double check my due diligence and align it with my strategy. So you've helped me there and yes I've picked up shares recently too.

You love Syrah. Not a great apples to apples comparison. Their chart says "long term" but price says "current". Whatever...

If you think European auto's and cell-makers are not willing to pay Talga more for their anode versus Syrah then best you go invest in Africa (and indirectly China). But you can't leave Talga alone. I wonder why that is...

You have to read into all company communication very carefully, see what they publish on the page in black and white.

If the default assumption is that Talga are careful with what they put out to market and not at all sloppy then you have to assume every piece of information (or lack thereof!) is there (or not!!!) for a reason.

Why WAS Tal-Si excluded from the presentation? It's usually always there so excluding it was a deliberate choice. Maybe it was to keep it short, but if it's such a potentially huge part of the business that the market isn't taking into account it doesn't make sense. Isn't Talga a battery materials company not a miner? So maybe there's another reason, and one of those reasons is the possibility it's back on the back burner with graphene and all the other dead ends. As an investor it pays to assume the worst and then you can be pleasantly surprised by good news.

Why did it mention HeadCo investment for the first time in that presentation? Also a very deliberate choice.

FYI not invested in Syrah and no love there, just the closest peer for comparison on the asx and their disclosure and amount of information issued particularly on the macro picture is very useful for analysis and a lot less opaque than others. One of the reasons for this is that they have some serious institutional investors to answer to and are not as driven by keeping retail holders happy with feel-good webinars.

Your credibility is very low.

I don't reply to him anymore. He or she just keeps repeating the same lines then they get cut to pieces then he rolls them out again a few weeks later. That is his strategy

What sort of dope keeps a parcel of shares to participate in a CR in a company he is now saying is terminal ?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

brewm0re

Regular
You have to read into all company communication very carefully, see what they publish on the page in black and white.

If the default assumption is that Talga are careful with what they put out to market and not at all sloppy then you have to assume every piece of information (or lack thereof!) is there (or not!!!) for a reason.

Why WAS Tal-Si excluded from the presentation? It's usually always there so excluding it was a deliberate choice. Maybe it was to keep it short, but if it's such a potentially huge part of the business that the market isn't taking into account it doesn't make sense. Isn't Talga a battery materials company not a miner? So maybe there's another reason, and one of those reasons is the possibility it's back on the back burner with graphene and all the other dead ends. As an investor it pays to assume the worst and then you can be pleasantly surprised by good news.

Why did it mention HeadCo investment for the first time in that presentation? Also a very deliberate choice.

FYI not invested in Syrah and no love there, just the closest peer for comparison on the asx and their disclosure and amount of information issued particularly on the macro picture is very useful for analysis and a lot less opaque than others. One of the reasons for this is that they have some serious institutional investors to answer to and are not as driven by keeping retail holders happy with feel-good webinars.
Meanwhile at the Curious household, he cannot stop himself….

brewm0re

Regular

1721871953296.gif

• Haha

Semmel

Regular
Interesting market dynamics today. TLG out of the blue with a +10% day, in the middle of a constant down turn. In the recent weeks, shorts moved higher almost each day, could be someone is covering their position. On the other hand, it might also be the realization that there is no CR coming before end of the quarter, which means one is not needed for 2 months or so.

Anyway, happy to see something different than constant red. With the invite to the shareholder meeting being open, Ill send in my question in a bit. Got an interesting one, hope they address it.

Reactions: 3 users

JoMo68

Regular
Interesting market dynamics today. TLG out of the blue with a +10% day, in the middle of a constant down turn. In the recent weeks, shorts moved higher almost each day, could be someone is covering their position. On the other hand, it might also be the realization that there is no CR coming before end of the quarter, which means one is not needed for 2 months or so.

Anyway, happy to see something different than constant red. With the invite to the shareholder meeting being open, Ill send in my question in a bit. Got an interesting one, hope they address it.
crazy ex-girlfriend what GIF

• Haha

Maybe the Quarterly is about to hit in the morning and someone saw a figure shorters would not like ???????

Semmel

Regular
Talga traditionally published its quarterly on the last day of the month. Not sure why they would change it, but would be welcome nonetheless :) In any way, with today being no CR, there is no way to get one in before the quarterly, which I interpret as "cash is good enough" for more then 2 quarters of runway to avoid pesky questions.

Otherwise, it would be super duper welcome if the SC would finally get its act together and someone got wind of it. But I very much doubt that.

Otherwise, it would be super duper welcome if the SC would finally get its act together and someone got wind of it. But I very much doubt that.
Yeah, it’s more likely the Sami are just closing out their short positions before the weekend

😀

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Semmel

Regular
I would be very surprised if the Sami would be active on the Australian stock exchanges .. while they fight us to the teath, I dont think they are actually evil.

I dont think they are actually evil.
I think we need to do a focus group comprised of TLG shareholders regarding that statement
😀

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Under the English common law, there is a court order called a writ of mandamus, in which the court can order an official to perform their duties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandamus

Is such a remedy available in Sweden?

• Fire

Semmel

Regular
Under the English common law, there is a court order called a writ of mandamus, in which the court can order an official to perform their duties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandamus

Is such a remedy available in Sweden?

Well, if it exists , you would probably be able get a decision by a court to do just that but you have to wait for 3 bears until your case is heard and 2 more years until all appeals are decided, if they are decided..

• Wow
  • Sad
38c

absolute shocker. must have been no appetite for it at 55-60c 4 weeks ago

Vigdorian

Regular
  • Haha

Vigdorian

Regular
Fixed it for you LOL
Unless he's saying VWAP 45c. 10% - 15% discount lands you in the vicinity 38.25c to 40.50c. I haven't seen anything on the AFR street talk yet.

I just don't want to see Euroz hartley profiting from us again with their shitty client base that shaves small profits and sells out at the first chance for a small profit. Can't ACCC assume a small stake which will be as good as confirming the offtake...

Top Bottom