TLG Discussion 2022

Semmel

Regular
"ACCELERATE APPOINTS MARK THOMPSON TO THE BOARD

Accelerate Resources Limited (“Accelerate” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce that Mr Mark Thompson will join the Board as a Non-executive Director, effective 1st May 2024.

Mr Thompson has over 30 years’ experience in the Mineral Industry and is the founder and Managing Director of ASX-listed Talga Group Ltd (ASX: TLG) where he is highly regarded for establishing world-class innovative battery material processing and development. He has successfully overseen the transformation of TLG from a WA local gold explorer with a market capitalisation of ~$8M to a ~$300M battery and advanced materials company.

Mr Thompson is a member of the Australian Institute of Geoscientists, the Society of Economic Geologists and the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology.

As part of the transition of the board, Dr. Steve Bodon will resign effective from 1st of May2024. Steve has been a valued member of the Board during his tenure with the Company,and the Board wishes him the best for his future endeavours.

Accelerate Resources Chairman Richard Hill commented,“We warmly welcome Mr Mark Thompson to the Board of Accelerate. Mark has a proven track record of mineral discoveries, project development and business transformation. He is recognised and respected within the resource sector as well as the battery materials space.His experience, expertise and strong networks will enhance the company's competitiveness and growth in the critical minerals space. I also take this opportunity to thank Steve for his important technical and strategic contributions to the business over the past two years.”

Terms of Appointment Mr Mark Thompson will be issued 2,000,000 incentive options exercisable at $0.075 before30/4/2027. He will be paid a Non-Executive director's fee of $45,000 per annum (exclusive of superannuation or GST) from 1/5/2024. The options will be issued under the Company’s Employee Securities Incentive Plan."

"Accelerate Resources Limited is an Australia-based exploration company. The Company is focused on the discovery and development of critical metals, such as lithium, manganese and gold assets in Western Australia. Its projects include Karratha Lithium Projects, Woodie Woodie North (WWN) Manganese Project and Comet Gold Project. The Karratha Lithium Projects are situated within the approximately 40 kilometers (km) long hard-rock lithium belt between Karratha and Roebourne, 1,500 km north of Perth within the tier 1 mining jurisdiction of the West Pilbara. The Karratha Lithium Projects comprise around 90 square kilometers (km2) of prospective ground with the Prinsep Lithium Project. The WWN manganese project is located approximately 70 km north-east of ConsMin Woodie Woodie Manganese Mine, 240km east of Port Hedland. Its Comet Gold Project comprises five granted exploration licenses and two exploration application licenses covering over 269 km2, located south-southwest of Meekatharra."

Good :) in his position, would do the same. Good payment for a background job that doesn't need much attention.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
This takes away perhaps two days of his present working time per year. And earns a good money.
And he is no longer CEO, so it makes sense for him to contribute his experience from my perspective.
Have I missed something?

brewm0re

Regular

Accelerate Resources Limited (“Accelerate” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce that Mr Mark Thompson will join the Board as a Non-executive Director, effective 1st May 2024.

Mr Thompson has over 30 years’ experience in the Mineral Industry and is the founder and Managing Director of ASX-listed Talga Group Ltd (ASX: TLG) where he is highly regarded for establishing world-class innovative battery material processing and development. He has successfully overseen the transformation of TLG from a WA local gold explorer with a market capitalisation of ~$8M to a ~$300M battery and advanced materials company.

Mr Thompson is a member of the Australian Institute of Geoscientists, the Society of Economic Geologists and the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology.

As part of the transition of the board, Dr. Steve Bodon will resign effective from 1st of May2024. Steve has been a valued member of the Board during his tenure with the Company,and the Board wishes him the best for his future endeavours.

Accelerate Resources Chairman Richard Hill commented,“We warmly welcome Mr Mark Thompson to the Board of Accelerate. Mark has a proven track record of mineral discoveries, project development and business transformation. He is recognised and respected within the resource sector as well as the battery materials space.His experience, expertise and strong networks will enhance the company's competitiveness and growth in the critical minerals space. I also take this opportunity to thank Steve for his important technical and strategic contributions to the business over the past two years.”

Terms of Appointment Mr Mark Thompson will be issued 2,000,000 incentive options exercisable at $0.075 before30/4/2027. He will be paid a Non-Executive director's fee of $45,000 per annum (exclusive of superannuation or GST) from 1/5/2024. The options will be issued under the Company’s Employee Securities Incentive Plan."

"Accelerate Resources Limited is an Australia-based exploration company. The Company is focused on the discovery and development of critical metals, such as lithium, manganese and gold assets in Western Australia. Its projects include Karratha Lithium Projects, Woodie Woodie North (WWN) Manganese Project and Comet Gold Project. The Karratha Lithium Projects are situated within the approximately 40 kilometers (km) long hard-rock lithium belt between Karratha and Roebourne, 1,500 km north of Perth within the tier 1 mining jurisdiction of the West Pilbara. The Karratha Lithium Projects comprise around 90 square kilometers (km2) of prospective ground with the Prinsep Lithium Project. The WWN manganese project is located approximately 70 km north-east of ConsMin Woodie Woodie Manganese Mine, 240km east of Port Hedland. Its Comet Gold Project comprises five granted exploration licenses and two exploration application licenses covering over 269 km2, located south-southwest of Meekatharra."
Thank you Gvan for your post. You are primarily the reason (along with a couple of other posters) as to why I hunt for any nuggets on HC as part of DD. Much appreciated you posting here too. You'll potentially save me time and sanity by not reading posts about about war, NATO, Ukraine; MT shorting stocks or having secret TLG meetings and people exerting FUD with an investment timeline of 1 year without having read any DFS or ANNs in detail. Cheers Gvan!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Semmel

Regular
Quarterly earnings report:

Quarterly Activities and Cashflow Report 31 March 2024

Reactions/discussion please in the Discussion thread. Updates thread should be as condensed as possible only stating significant information. No opinion or reaction to said information. You can quote posts from here by the following method:

1. hit the reply button
2. hit the two brackets " [ ] " button top right of the text field to see the raw text
3. mark and copy all of it
4. go to the Discussion thread
5. paste all what you copied in the text box
6. write your reaction and reply in the Discussion thread
7. Discard all text in the Updates thread

This will link your reaction correctly to the Updates thread.

This is how the above procedure looks like

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
Quarterly earnings report:

Quarterly Activities and Cashflow Report 31 March 2024

Reactions/discussion please in the Discussion thread. Updates thread should be as condensed as possible only stating significant information. No opinion or reaction to said information. You can quote posts from here by the following method:

1. hit the reply button
2. hit the two brackets " [ ] " button top right of the text field to see the raw text
3. mark and copy all of it
4. go to the Discussion thread
5. paste all what you copied in the text box
6. write your reaction and reply in the Discussion thread
7. Discard all text in the Updates thread

This will link your reaction correctly to the Updates thread.

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know that yet.
I'll add to 7 that the original reply text should not only be deleted, but deleting the draft by pushing the disc button at the top. Otherwise it will remain open in the browser cache if you update the thread.

JNRB

Regular

Just goes to show how cheap the share price is atm. Even Mark Thompson has taken a second job so he can buy more.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

JNRB

Regular
1714466228517.png

(Sorry, couldn't track back a better photo)
So everyone was speculating for ages whether this was a Tesla or whatever.

But reading this in latest quarterly...

1714466292618.png

It seems what we're looking at is a scale model of Talgas real plan: To eventually just make the whole car out of graphene :p

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
"This week's brawl: The bath house builders in the banana republic against untalented battery bosses

Easter week is a lot about reconciliation, but that was not noticed in P4 Norrbotten's coverage of the latest tours around the Australian mining company Talga's planned graphite mine in Vittangi.

After Kiruna's left-wing majority in a council decision stopped the planning process, the Moderates' group leader in the Riksdag, Mattias Karlsson, brought out the heavy artillery. 

He likened the municipal councilor Mats Taaveniku (S) to a "mafia boss" and the municipal management to a "banana republic", and said that Kiruna is conducting "pure blackmail" against the company in order to usurp benefits.

Karlsson also mocks the municipality for financial incompetence – a billion-dollar investment in a bathhouse is mentioned – and concludes:

- The question is whether Kiruna should not be forcibly managed.

In his argumentation, Taaveniku has pointed out that great natural values can be lost, and that Kiruna must get something back for all the "welfare" it provides the rest of the country with. He calls the M attack "an unusually untalented statement" that "borders on slander." 

The project sows division among the Social Democrats in Norrbotten County. According to Norrbottens-Kuriren, Luleå's municipal councilor Carina Sammeli and county chairman Fredrik Lundh Sammeli do not want to take a clear position yet - "but at the same time express a concern that the industrial project will end up in limbo".

Since the Land and Environment High Court has given the mining venture the green light, the government can run over Kiruna if it wants to. And labor market minister Johan Pehrson (L) was clearly on the side of Tidö colleague Karlsson already when he inaugurated Talga's battery anode factory in Luleå last year. 

- We should not be shy about mines. The S-led government in Kiruna is embarrassing itself."
I didn't even realise it at the time I posted it:

@beserk
Hi!
Would you translate this headline as you understand it? Google and DeepL diverge strongly here. My main concern is the meaning of begåvningssvaga.

"Veckans bråk: Badhusbyggarna i bananrepubliken mot begåvningssvaga batteribossar"

I think I have to correct the translated headline above. But I don't know how. I hadn't really paid attention to the headline originally, but went straight to the content of the article.
Depending on whether I translate with Google or DeepL or just partially, the result is always different. Most of the time, however, it reads like a direct insult.
I know language is very tricky, so I'm asking for your help.

1714471240049.png

DeepL:
1714471290745.png

1714471341823.png

The friendliest translation would still be clueless.
I think the first example 'gifted' is wrong.

Kiruna's municipal management has well observed other population within the municipal border, who through extortion and non-local activists usurped considerable advantages at the expense of others. Then you learn to try the same behavior.

No author is named.
Wiki Sweden says about the magazine:

"
Fokus is a Swedish news magazine ... The magazine describes itself as politically independent.

The largest owner today is the Johnson sphere (the Ax:son Johnson family) through Nordstjernan kultur och media AB, Johan Björkman's non-profit foundation, Tagehus Holding AB and Stenhyacinten AB.
Honours and awards

Fokus has received several awards for its journalism. In 2013, it was named Magazine of the Year (Popular Press category) by the industry organisation Sveriges Tidskrifter with the motivation: "This is a magazine that is passionate about one thing, making its readers smarter without them noticing".

...the magazine's political editor, was named Journalist of the Year by the same organisation in 2012 and 2006. In 2007, the Publicist Club's Grand Prize was awarded to Fokus, on the grounds that "Fokus has recreated a space in the Swedish press for narrative news reporting, especially on the behind-the-scenes events of the political parties before and after the 2006 elections". Reportern ... was named Breakthrough of the Year at the 2010 Swedish Magazine Awards and in 2012 Reportern ... was nominated for the same award.

Fokus publishes two different rankings each year: Sweden's 100 most powerful and Best to live. ..."

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
View attachment 61894

View attachment 61895

It seems what we're looking at is a scale model of Talgas real plan: To eventually just make the whole car out of graphene :p
I mean the project with the engine without copper and instead with graphene was finished and unfortunately nothing more will come of it. This thing with Bentley Project Octopus. I seem to remember that they now only want to produce the engine without rare earths and that the copper is remaining.

Which would also tell me that graphene is cheap enough to mix it into tyres at 20 to 30% instead of carbon black.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
View attachment 61894

View attachment 61895

I just remembered from your post that we have such a company for this carbon black in my region. I had a look at their homepage for the first time. They also produce products for lithium batteries. I found this illustrative video there.

cosors

👀
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Semmel

Regular
I find that interesting:
View attachment 61917
In parallel, Talga continues to progress Stage 2 expansion plans beyond the initial project towards 100,000tpa Talnode®-C production, as supported by the Niska Scoping Study (ASX:TLG 7 December 2020) with a view to potential earlier and larger scale outputs.
I, too, like that. But the pace will be determined by what they can get through the courts. And whether the mine requires more or less than 10 iterations of contracts for power and services.

(You might read an undertone of frustration in my voice and you would be correct)

Last edited:

cosors

👀
I have neither checked the author nor the page.

"Kiruna is doing the right thing
Editorial Mining companies are expected to pay for the wealth they extract from the ground through their employees' salaries. Which the municipality can tax. That model no longer works.

What's in it for us?

That's the question people living in the areas around the village of Vittangi in Norrbotten have been asking since it became known that the Australian mining company Talga is planning to open a coal mine in the Nunasvaara area. The area where Talga has been test drilling is upstream from Vittangi, a few kilometres from the mighty Torne River, one of Sweden's national rivers, which flows past there on its way to the Gulf of Bothnia. Here, Talga wants to open a giant open-cast mine, extracting 100 000 tonnes of graphite ore every year for 25 years. In return, the company promises to employ around 60 people.

The deal is this: mining companies pay nothing for what they extract in return for creating jobs on site. Despite the fact that the ore extracted from mines or quarries is gone from Sweden's interior forever, the companies do not have to pay for it. Whether it is the state-owned LKAB that picks it up, or an Australian company like in the Talga case. The mining companies are expected to pay for the wealth they extract from the ground through the wages of their employees. Which the municipality can tax.

This model no longer works.

Some of the highest paid civil servants are based in Stockholm. They pay no income tax in Kiruna.

One reason is that the tax the municipality can levy is a flat tax. Unlike the state tax, which is higher for high earners, all residents of the municipality have to pay the same amount per hundred kronor in municipal tax, regardless of how much they earn. This makes it difficult to raise taxes, as a tax increase inevitably hits the municipality's low-income earners hardest.

But that's not the only problem. Many of the people who work in the mine pay no income tax at all. No one had heard of "Fly in, fly out" when Kiruna was founded around the huge ore deposit in the Kiirunavaara mountain, which is now scraped and eroded beyond recognition. But today, municipalities estimate that a couple of thousand people commute to Kiruna by air. They pay taxes elsewhere, they literally fly away with the profits from ore mining. It is the same with LKAB's engineers, administrators and managers. Many of them no longer live in Kiruna, but elsewhere. The head office of Luossavaara-Kiirunavaara Aktiebolag, named after the mountain in Kiruna, is in Luleå, and some of the most highly paid officials are in the World Trade Centre on Kungsbron in Stockholm. They pay no income tax in Kiruna.

Other taxes, such as corporation tax and tax on dividends, are state taxes, they go directly to Stockholm, too.

In Kiruna, taxes are not enough. The municipality has debts of SEK 2.7 billion, partly because a large part of the town had to be moved to make way for mining.**

The chairman of Kiruna's municipal council draws an obvious conclusion: it is not reasonable for Kiruna to deliver welfare to the rest of Sweden, while they themselves cannot afford milk in the school canteens. So when Talga earlier this year pushed for the government to force the municipality to adopt a detailed plan, M. T. and the other politicians lost patience and cancelled the entire planning process.

They were right to do so.

It is a poor argument that the graphite that Talga will mine upstream from Vittangi will be used in batteries needed in the green transition. On the one hand, it is not a given that it is fossil coal that will be used for the batteries, Stora Enso is currently developing an alternative material with raw materials from the forest, but the most important thing of all is this: precisely because it is about the green transition, it is crucial that the new jobs that emerge are decent jobs that benefit the people and the local community that will support the transition. * ...So we say no...I don't get it 😅

This applies to Tesla, and it must apply to Talga."

*I would like to point out to the (brain-blinded indoctrinated) author that the antis are also against logging. I read about it regularly on the environmental protection association's website. Apart from the fact that it has not been tested whether this could really and practically replace a part of the graphite demand for batteries and fulfils the quality standards of the OEMs.
**The move was financed by LKAB and the regional administration was bad with money, if I remember correctly.

another comment to that topic:
There are some things being written in the media right now about a possible coal mine outside Vittangi.
It is claimed that the municipality's rejection of the mine is only because we are unhappy with the lack of profit from mining activities to the municipality.
This is not true, the main reason for the municipality's rejection of the coal mine is due to environmental reasons.
So even if there would be any compensation, it is a strong NO to any mine.
I urge all media to read the statement signed by Kiruna's 4 parties in the municipal leadership.
It is important that we all relate to reality regardless of what one thinks in the matter.

Amen to that, I agree.

So a double and absolutely no under no circumstances, no matter what, no matter how, even for climate protection. And the GT is just colonialism anyway. I'm afraid that nowadays real climate protection is a battle against environmentalists. I would never have thought of that maybe five years ago.
Have a nice weekend anyway ;)

Last edited:
  • Wow

Semmel

Regular
I have neither checked the author nor the page.

"Kiruna is doing the right thing
Editorial Mining companies are expected to pay for the wealth they extract from the ground through their employees' salaries. Which the municipality can tax. That model no longer works.

What's in it for us?

That's the question people living in the areas around the village of Vittangi in Norrbotten have been asking since it became known that the Australian mining company Talga is planning to open a coal mine in the Nunasvaara area. The area where Talga has been test drilling is upstream from Vittangi, a few kilometres from the mighty Torne River, one of Sweden's national rivers, which flows past there on its way to the Gulf of Bothnia. Here, Talga wants to open a giant open-cast mine, extracting 100 000 tonnes of graphite ore every year for 25 years. In return, the company promises to employ around 60 people.

The deal is this: mining companies pay nothing for what they extract in return for creating jobs on site. Despite the fact that the ore extracted from mines or quarries is gone from Sweden's interior forever, the companies do not have to pay for it. Whether it is the state-owned LKAB that picks it up, or an Australian company like in the Talga case. The mining companies are expected to pay for the wealth they extract from the ground through the wages of their employees. Which the municipality can tax.

This model no longer works.

Some of the highest paid civil servants are based in Stockholm. They pay no income tax in Kiruna.

One reason is that the tax the municipality can levy is a flat tax. Unlike the state tax, which is higher for high earners, all residents of the municipality have to pay the same amount per hundred kronor in municipal tax, regardless of how much they earn. This makes it difficult to raise taxes, as a tax increase inevitably hits the municipality's low-income earners hardest.

But that's not the only problem. Many of the people who work in the mine pay no income tax at all. No one had heard of "Fly in, fly out" when Kiruna was founded around the huge ore deposit in the Kiirunavaara mountain, which is now scraped and eroded beyond recognition. But today, municipalities estimate that a couple of thousand people commute to Kiruna by air. They pay taxes elsewhere, they literally fly away with the profits from ore mining. It is the same with LKAB's engineers, administrators and managers. Many of them no longer live in Kiruna, but elsewhere. The head office of Luossavaara-Kiirunavaara Aktiebolag, named after the mountain in Kiruna, is in Luleå, and some of the most highly paid officials are in the World Trade Centre on Kungsbron in Stockholm. They pay no income tax in Kiruna.

Other taxes, such as corporation tax and tax on dividends, are state taxes, they go directly to Stockholm, too.

In Kiruna, taxes are not enough. The municipality has debts of SEK 2.7 billion, partly because a large part of the town had to be moved to make way for mining.**

The chairman of Kiruna's municipal council draws an obvious conclusion: it is not reasonable for Kiruna to deliver welfare to the rest of Sweden, while they themselves cannot afford milk in the school canteens. So when Talga earlier this year pushed for the government to force the municipality to adopt a detailed plan, M. T. and the other politicians lost patience and cancelled the entire planning process.

They were right to do so.

It is a poor argument that the graphite that Talga will mine upstream from Vittangi will be used in batteries needed in the green transition. On the one hand, it is not a given that it is fossil coal that will be used for the batteries, Stora Enso is currently developing an alternative material with raw materials from the forest, but the most important thing of all is this: precisely because it is about the green transition, it is crucial that the new jobs that emerge are decent jobs that benefit the people and the local community that will support the transition. * ...So we say no...I don't get it 😅

This applies to Tesla, and it must apply to Talga."

*I would like to point out to the (brain-blinded indoctrinated) author that the antis are also against logging. I read about it regularly on the environmental protection association's website. Apart from the fact that it has not been tested whether this could really and practically replace a part of the graphite demand for batteries and fulfils the quality standards of the OEMs.
**The move was financed by LKAB and the regional administration was bad with money, if I remember correctly.

another comment to that topic:
There are some things being written in the media right now about a possible coal mine outside Vittangi.
It is claimed that the municipality's rejection of the mine is only because we are unhappy with the lack of profit from mining activities to the municipality.
This is not true, the main reason for the municipality's rejection of the coal mine is due to environmental reasons.
So even if there would be any compensation, it is a strong NO to any mine.
I urge all media to read the statement signed by Kiruna's 4 parties in the municipal leadership.
It is important that we all relate to reality regardless of what one thinks in the matter.

Amen to that, I agree.

So a double and absolutely no under no circumstances, no matter what, no matter how, even for climate protection. And the GT is just colonialism anyway. I'm afraid that nowadays real climate protection is a battle against environmentalists. I would never have thought of that maybe five years ago.
Have a nice weekend anyway ;)

Frustrated Here We Go GIF by Sesame Street

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
The only neutral (not pro) article I know of the Swedish press. A small student 'think tank':

May 12, 2022

beserk

Regular
I didn't even realise it at the time I posted it:

@beserk
Hi!
Would you translate this headline as you understand it? Google and DeepL diverge strongly here. My main concern is the meaning of begåvningssvaga.

"Veckans bråk: Badhusbyggarna i bananrepubliken mot begåvningssvaga batteribossar"

I think I have to correct the translated headline above. But I don't know how. I hadn't really paid attention to the headline originally, but went straight to the content of the article.
Depending on whether I translate with Google or DeepL or just partially, the result is always different. Most of the time, however, it reads like a direct insult.
I know language is very tricky, so I'm asking for your help.

View attachment 61912

DeepL:
View attachment 61913

View attachment 61914

The friendliest translation would still be clueless.
I think the first example 'gifted' is wrong.

Kiruna's municipal management has well observed other population within the municipal border, who through extortion and non-local activists usurped considerable advantages at the expense of others. Then you learn to try the same behavior.

No author is named.
Wiki Sweden says about the magazine:

"
Fokus is a Swedish news magazine ... The magazine describes itself as politically independent.

The largest owner today is the Johnson sphere (the Ax:son Johnson family) through Nordstjernan kultur och media AB, Johan Björkman's non-profit foundation, Tagehus Holding AB and Stenhyacinten AB.
Honours and awards

Fokus has received several awards for its journalism. In 2013, it was named Magazine of the Year (Popular Press category) by the industry organisation Sveriges Tidskrifter with the motivation: "This is a magazine that is passionate about one thing, making its readers smarter without them noticing".

...the magazine's political editor, was named Journalist of the Year by the same organisation in 2012 and 2006. In 2007, the Publicist Club's Grand Prize was awarded to Fokus, on the grounds that "Fokus has recreated a space in the Swedish press for narrative news reporting, especially on the behind-the-scenes events of the political parties before and after the 2006 elections". Reportern ... was named Breakthrough of the Year at the 2010 Swedish Magazine Awards and in 2012 Reportern ... was nominated for the same award.

Fokus publishes two different rankings each year: Sweden's 100 most powerful and Best to live. ..."
Cosors sorry about the late reply. Lining up the ducks before shooting off to Luleå and Kiruna via Singapore, Istanbul, a first for me, and Copenhagen. My daughter has miraculously scored us tickets for Eurovision in Malmö across the Öresund. Will see if there will be extra security because of Israel competing in the Euro song contest 2024.

Yes begåvnings svaga in this context is close to dumbkopf...am I saying it right?

Hmmm untalented or talentless might be closer to the mark and yes Fokus is a magazine that I read on line.

Usually I find good, thought through, well argued, content in the articles in Fokus.

So thanks for the reading tips on the plane over to København.

Beserk

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

beserk

Regular
View attachment 61894

View attachment 61895

Hmm ...yes the panels could be made out of graphite I guess but it would be prohibitively expensive for anybody else but billionaires wanting a hyper car like a Bugatti Veyron where every oil change costs $20 000. Due to the necessity of dismantling the panels to reach the inconveniently placed oil spouts. The need for speed overtrumps convenience in Hyper cars.

If you can't afford a $ 20 K oil change. You can't afford the Bugatti Veyron. Full stop.

Beserk

• Wow

cosors

👀
Anne Jansen, Head of Business Development at the Talga Group, likes this:

1715082450144.png

I'll save myself any moaning about the opponents of the Green Deal and its consequences.
How fast it goes when there are no NYMBYs! It feels much quicker than with NV in Sweden.

______
Ok, a thought after all. It's like having a déjà vu with NV back then and the thought of what if Talga doesn't get up and running fast enough.

Last edited:

cosors

👀
Another competitor is trying in the race (brewm0re already mentioned it here). It's about South Greenland and Greenroc. I only mention it because of their same reasoning about the market, obvious, but also because of the high grade:

"The Amitsoq Graphite Project is located in the Nanortalik region of southern Greenland and is one of the highest-grade graphite deposits in the world

It has a total inferred, indicated and measured JORC Resource of 23.05 million tonnes (Mt) at an average grade of 20.41% Graphitic Carbon (C(g)), giving a total graphite content of 4.71 Mt. The Resource contains a lower graphite layer that has a JORC resource of 16.88 Mt at a grade of 21.51% with 3.634 Mt of contained graphite. For context, deposits with compliant resources above 20% C(g) are scarce, with the average global grade of graphite resources being just 8.45%."
https://greenrocmining.com/project/amitsoq-graphite-greenland/

But there is still a long way to go. I couldn't find a date for the planned launch on a quick glance. Maybe it's still too early for that.
The project is lightly supported by the UK.

7 May 2024
Compelling PFS Released for GROC Anode Plant
Alba Mineral Resources Plc("Alba" or the "Company") GreenRoc UpdatePublication of Compelling PFS for Amitsoq Anode Plant

There is also a huge opposition to mining in Greenland, at least that's how it was when I looked there from time to time because of the financial moguls (Gates/Bezos - KoBold Metals) who want to mine there.

another project in the same region:

7 April 2021
"...
The left-wing Inuit Ataqatigiit, which opposes a mining project in southern Greenland, secured 37% of votes.
Its leader said on Wednesday that the Kvanefjeld mine, home to major deposits of rare minerals, would not go ahead.
What's at stake
The company that owns the site at Kvanefjeld, in the south of the country, says the mine has "the potential to become the most significant western world producer of rare earths", a group of 17 elements used to manufacture electronics and weapons.
However, disagreement over the project led to the collapse of Greenland's government earlier this year, paving the way for Tuesday's snap election.
Many locals had raised concerns about the potential for radioactive pollution and toxic waste in the farmland surrounding the proposed mine.
"The people have spoken," Inuit Ataqatigiit's leader Múte Bourup Egede told Danish state broadcaster DR on Wednesday morning, adding that the project would be halted.
The Kvanefjeld site is owned by an Australian company, Greenland Minerals, which is in turn backed by a Chinese company.
China already has mining deals with Greenland, while the US - which has a key Cold War-era air base at Thule - has offered millions in aid.

1715092573916.png

Mining isn't Greenland's only issue, however.
The territory is on the front line of climate change, with scientists reporting record ice loss last year. This in turn has significant implications for low-lying coastal areas around the world.
..."

Semmel

Regular
Anyone know the current price of Graphite Anode coming from china to the european market?

I have the feeling that the time this drags on in the court might have an impact on our offtake agreements. We might not be able to charge above current rates from China. Thats why I am interested in knowing what the stuff currently sells for. Anyone has a hint?

Top Bottom