TLG Discussion 2022

cosors

👀
Very interesting! I have often wondered why Talga is not a member here and now I see:
1701243577143.png

Aluminium is mentioned in the text because they belong to the members. If Talga were a member graphite would certainly be up there as well. But that is like the ECGA. We are not a member there either. I don't know what reasons Talga has or if any. The European Carbon and Graphite Association ECGA is of course a member. I think it is too late now and the EU is about to adopt it. Nevertheless, it could not have hurt to be more visible.
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/tlg-discussion-2022.7072/post-288761

interesting too:
1701244115757.png

_________
1701244331735.png

https://www.asktheeu.org/en/request/13026/response/46701/attach/14/11.E mail exchange between Eurometaux and Cabinet Vestager Ares 2023 984613.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

😊
1701244581737.png

*China imposes export curbs on graphiteRestrictions on critical electric vehicle battery material set to escalate trade tensions with US

_________
How many years has it actually been since Talga changed its name...

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀

"Investing in Graphene Companies​

Nov. 27, 2023 01:30PM PST
Interested in investing in graphene? Here’s an overview of a wide selection of publicly traded graphene companies from around the world.

7. Talga Group (ASX:TLG)

Company Profile
Market cap: AU$396.83
Talga Group is a vertically integrated battery anode and materials company, mining its own graphite and producing anodes. It has operations in Sweden, Japan, Australia, Germany and the UK. The company also produces graphene additives for use by materials manufacturers in applications such as concrete, coatings, plastics and energy storage.
Talga has the Talphite and Talphene lines of graphene products, which include conductive additives for battery cathode and anode products, solid-state anodes and graphite recycling.

..."
https://investingnews.com/daily/tec...ne-investing/investing-in-graphene-companies/

• Love

cosors

👀
That is interesting:

"Atlant Green Tech Metals decreased 0.6 percent in May – Epiroc has received an order from Boliden​

Published5 June at 9.16
The fund Atlant Green Tech Metals decreased 0.6 percent in May. Since the turn of the year, the fund has decreased by 2.1 percent. This is evident from a monthly report from the fund's manager Mattias Gromark.

Initially, the manager writes that the market had a negative month. The Stockholm Stock Exchange fell 2.1 percent in May and has increased 4.3 percent this year.
“As you know, Green Tech Metals invests in sustainable companies in the material supply industry for sustainable energy and electrification. We are convinced that the requirements for sustainable supply chains, at all stages, will only increase in the coming years, especially to Europe and North America", writes Gromark.
Furthermore, the administrator highlights the Chinese company Putailai, which has been in bad weather recently as the company is to build a factory for Northvolt in Torsboda outside Timrå. According to information, Putailai has deliberately concealed the fact that it has a subsidiary in a region of China where a genocide is taking place, which is why, among other things, the United States has banned all trade in Chinese goods from the region.

The manager instead highlights
a number of companies in the portfolio that produce the same type of battery material, but which are instead based on natural graphite, which creates much less carbon dioxide emissions. These companies are Nextsource Materials, Northern Graphite, Noveau Monde Graphite and Talga.

The main contributions to the fund came during the month from the holdings in AMG Critical Materials, Standard Lithium and FLSmidth.
In the negative balance were Electra Battery Materials, IBU-TEC Advanced Materials and Taseko instead.
During the month, the fund reduced its holdings in Eramet and Lundin Mining and increased in Epiroc and Elkem. At the end of May, Epiroc received an order for 130 million kroner from Boliden, which the fund also owns, for mining equipment.
"Boliden has set very high targets to reduce emissions from its operations. By 2030, scope 1 (direct emissions) and 2 (indirect emissions) must be reduced by 40 percent. Scope 3 (indirect emissions from the value chain) must be reduced by 30 percent by 2030.”
The largest holdings in the fund's portfolio at the end of the month were Cameco, Lithium Americas and FLSmidth & Co with portfolio weights of 9.9, 8.0 and 3.7 percent respectively."
Atlant Green Tech Metals, %maj, 2023
Fund MM, change in percentage-0.6
Fund this year, change in percentage-2.1
https://www.realtid.se/telegram/atl...-i-maj-epiroc-har-fatt-en-order-fran-boliden/
direct souce: https://www.atlantfonder.se/?do=template.fil&id=27519&csrf=9dd9d91be8fecefe1157ed4cb63d37ec

It's probably not going to be that easy for them after all. It's good that someone is taking a closer look. What is NV doing now?

______
They are a shareholder.
It is not that insane with AU$561,333, but...!

Atlant Green Tech Metals​

View attachment 37843
https://www.atlantfonder.se/?page=forvaltarkommentar&id=2147 and there follow the link...
The statement above comes 1:1 from the fund description.

Atlant Fonder also retweeted the investor webinar from us. https://twitter.com/mgromark?lang=de
1701766048631.png

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
Hi super-sleuth @cosors

I’ve just did my regular check in to the anti Vittangi FB page and the lawyer has disappeared from the page and threads - at least for me. Could you check to see if you can still see her?

Cheers

"Debate: "The EU meets the mining lobby"​

Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 11:05 am
"The European mining industry spends millions of euros annually to influence the European Commission and the European Parliament. The lobbying has obviously paid off, as environmental and health considerations are almost completely absent from the Commission's legislative proposal, the Critical Raw Materials Act."

This is what C. G., Chairman of Urbergsgruppen Grenna-Norra Kärr , G. H.-B., Environmental Lawyer, G_B_H Environmental Law and a number of environmental groups write in a debate article in Altinget:

" Friends of the Earth Europe has recently conducted a study of the European mining industry's lobbying within the EU and the industry's influence in the creation of a new legislative proposal for raw material supply within the EU – the EU Critical Raw Materials Act, which is currently being considered in the EU. What they show in the report is a frightening example of how lobbying influences politicians to agree to the destruction of our natural resources without any way of stopping it for local residents."

"The mining and metals/battery industries have held around 1,000 meetings with high-level decision-makers in the European Commission and the European Parliament (around 2 meetings per week) and spent €21 million, annually, since December 2014 on their lobbying activities."

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀

"Executive Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič announces new cooperation with EIT InnoEnergy to facilitate access to EU public finance for battery startups​

EBA250 continues to boost growth of the European battery industry
On 2 December 2023, at the occasion of COP28 in Dubai, Executive Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič announces a new cooperation with EIT InnoEnergy to facilitate access to EU public finance for battery startups. Within the framework of the European Battery Alliance (EBA250) coordinated by Executive Vice-President Šefčovič, EIT InnoEnergy will lead a new pilot initiative to provide a one-stop shop service for guidance to SMEs in the battery industry to access to EU finance.
Public finance plays a crucial role in driving private investment decisions and unlocking private capital, as public financing instruments can provide the necessary guarantees to mobilize private investment.
To maximise the financing potential for the green transition and de-risk decarbonisation investments, particularly for rapidly growing sectors like batteries, Europe needs greater speed and simplicity in access to its public funds. This is especially important for frontrunners in the transition, which are often newcomers and innovative SMEs.
Set-up to address this challenge, the introduction of a one-stop shop service for guidance for SMEs in the battery industry will have three main objectives:
  • Facilitate SME applications for EU funds: EIT InnoEnergy will provide guidance to selected companies in navigating EU funding programs and financial instruments, reducing the time and resource spent on applications. Doing more with less in bidding processes will benefit small companies that need it the most and speed up the time-to-money process to scale operations faster.
  • Strengthen industrial value chains: While the European battery value chain has made significant progress in recent year, further efforts are required to continue its development and expand segments of the value chain, particularly in upstream activities such as raw and active materials, as well as recycling for end-of-life products. The service aims to allow EU finance to address current financing gaps within the value chain.
  • Aid efficient deployment of EU funds: Enhancing Europe’s competitiveness through increasing industrial manufacturing capacity and ensuring supply chain resilience are priority objectives for the EU. The service aims to ensure recognition of the most promising greenfield projects that support these objectives.
Starting early next year, EBA250 will pilot the initiative for startups across the full value chain, from raw materials extraction to recycling, also including equipment, and machinery.
Based on learnings and best practices from the pilot, the goal is to later expand the service to additional clean tech value chains such as hydrogen and solar to further strengthen Europe’s industrial capacity to manufacture climate technologies."
https://www.eba250.com/executive-vi...ss-to-eu-public-finance-for-battery-startups/

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

brewm0re

Regular

"Executive Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič announces new cooperation with EIT InnoEnergy to facilitate access to EU public finance for battery startups​

EBA250 continues to boost growth of the European battery industry
On 2 December 2023, at the occasion of COP28 in Dubai, Executive Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič announces a new cooperation with EIT InnoEnergy to facilitate access to EU public finance for battery startups. Within the framework of the European Battery Alliance (EBA250) coordinated by Executive Vice-President Šefčovič, EIT InnoEnergy will lead a new pilot initiative to provide a one-stop shop service for guidance to SMEs in the battery industry to access to EU finance.
Public finance plays a crucial role in driving private investment decisions and unlocking private capital, as public financing instruments can provide the necessary guarantees to mobilize private investment.
To maximise the financing potential for the green transition and de-risk decarbonisation investments, particularly for rapidly growing sectors like batteries, Europe needs greater speed and simplicity in access to its public funds. This is especially important for frontrunners in the transition, which are often newcomers and innovative SMEs.
Set-up to address this challenge, the introduction of a one-stop shop service for guidance for SMEs in the battery industry will have three main objectives:
  • Facilitate SME applications for EU funds: EIT InnoEnergy will provide guidance to selected companies in navigating EU funding programs and financial instruments, reducing the time and resource spent on applications. Doing more with less in bidding processes will benefit small companies that need it the most and speed up the time-to-money process to scale operations faster.
  • Strengthen industrial value chains: While the European battery value chain has made significant progress in recent year, further efforts are required to continue its development and expand segments of the value chain, particularly in upstream activities such as raw and active materials, as well as recycling for end-of-life products. The service aims to allow EU finance to address current financing gaps within the value chain.
  • Aid efficient deployment of EU funds: Enhancing Europe’s competitiveness through increasing industrial manufacturing capacity and ensuring supply chain resilience are priority objectives for the EU. The service aims to ensure recognition of the most promising greenfield projects that support these objectives.
Starting early next year, EBA250 will pilot the initiative for startups across the full value chain, from raw materials extraction to recycling, also including equipment, and machinery.
Based on learnings and best practices from the pilot, the goal is to later expand the service to additional clean tech value chains such as hydrogen and solar to further strengthen Europe’s industrial capacity to manufacture climate technologies."
https://www.eba250.com/executive-vi...ss-to-eu-public-finance-for-battery-startups/
A message for Gero. I’m not on the other forum, but go there from time to time to sift through crap to find any gold some contributors do make….I do like to see your o/n trading on the other markets. Don’t feel disheartened or discouraged by those slagging out on the value of what you bring there for that particular thread. Keep it up. Cheers Gero

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Talga's Head of Advanced Materials & Technologies Dr Anna Motta was part of a panel at the Future Battery Forum last week. Worth 20 mins of your time. For those that still disagree that agreement on price is a problem with getting offtakes agreed - skip to 17 mins and tell me I'm wrong.

Raw material scarcity: A major threat to the European battery industry? - Future Battery Forum 2023

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Talga's Head of Advanced Materials & Technologies Dr Anna Motta was part of a panel at the Future Battery Forum last week. Worth 20 mins of your time. For those that still disagree that agreement on price is a problem with getting offtakes agreed - skip to 17 mins and tell me I'm wrong.

Raw material scarcity: A major threat to the European battery industry? - Future Battery Forum 2023

I hear you but I don't think she was that definitive on the premium question other than to say the obvious................."It's more expensive than the Chinese supply".

I think we need to wait and see how these Chinese restrictions play out and also remember at the last presentation by MT he said he was getting plenty of interest from OEMs in relation to ECG

Also good to see a couple of directors (inc. MT) taking up the full $30,000 SPP allocation in the ASX notices today

Last edited:

Semmel

Regular
There is no reason why TLG should be this cheep. These were the second cheapest shares I bought ever. Thanks market, I hope there is no hidden trapdoor under the carpet 😅

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

James711

Emerged

brewm0re

Regular

Thanks CuriousMagpie.
Great seeing diversity on public appearances with the TLG team. Not just MT, but MP and now AM speaking at a couple of important conferences, as well as PEL on the permitting front. One thing I noted was AMG Lithium also co-presented as one of 5 companies alongside Talga for the EU Strategic Projects last month (when Thiery Breton & Martin Phillips were on stage together). Also, Professor Wagner (for AMG) getting asked @ ~12 min mark on CRMA then answering: “if we get the grants 🤔 ….money on the table…put money on the table”….Sounds like money.

Gero

Regular
Hi WTM

It was Cosors who found the article and posted it on another thread here.

I just reposted it on HC.

Thanks, Cosors for all your great efforts in finding these articles.

Gero

• Love
From the article:

The entire project, mine and factory, is costed at SEK 6 billion.

I'm not sure where the number in the article has come from.

Screen Shot 2023-12-08 at 9.54.35 am.png

No official update on capex from the company since Vittangi DFS

Screen Shot 2023-12-08 at 9.55.42 am.png

SEK 5bn is almost spot on if they would have taken it from the US$484m DFS USD figure and converted at today's rate.
Converting at the July 2021 rate it's only SEK 4bn, so it's not that.

I can only assume the SEK6bn figure has come from the company. They would have a more recent figure because it would have been included in the material made available to the EIB and other lenders.
So we're probably looking at at least 20% uplift in capex since the DFS 2+ years ago. This is actually less than some other projects that have been update since 2021.

At today's AUD/SEK rate that's A$875m. Say A$900m x 40% equity means the project needs to find A$360m. More than 100% dilution on shares on issue. Let's hope Mark's words about equity coming from other sources (grants, partners, offtake pre-payments(?) etc) have some merit, because that is a very sobering figure. Not to mention the A$540m debt which will probably need $40m pa to service. That's ~$2000/t of Vittangi output to service the debt

Sadly it's fairly simple to see what the short thesis is here and it's now a self-reinforcing feedback loop, because lower share price means future rewards are smaller (due to dilution) which encourages more people to sell, which lowers the share price etc and so on.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi WTM

It was Cosors who found the article and posted it on another thread here.

I just reposted it on HC.

Thanks, Cosors for all your great efforts in finding these articles.

Gero
OK thanks @Gero I completely missed that

From the article:

View attachment 51602

View attachment 51603

SEK 5bn is almost spot on if they would have taken it from the US$484m DFS USD figure and converted at today's rate.

I can only assume the SEK6bn figure has come from the company. They would have a more recent figure because it would have been included in the material made available to the EIB and other lenders.
So we're probably looking at at least 20% uplift in capex since the DFS 2+ years ago. This is actually less than some other projects that have been update since 2021.

At today's AUD/SEK rate that's A$875m. Say A$900m x 40% equity means the project needs to find A$360m. More than 100% dilution on shares on issue. Let's hope Mark's words about equity coming from other sources (grants, partners, offtake pre-payments(?) etc) have some merit, because that is a very sobering figure. Not to mention the A$540m debt which will probably need $40m pa to service. That's ~$2000/t of Vittangi output to service the debt

Sadly it's fairly simple to see what the short thesis is here and it's now a self-reinforcing feedback loop, because lower share price means future rewards are smaller (due to dilution) which encourages more people to sell, which lowers the share price etc and so on.
What link are you referring to?

What link are you referring to?

this one in the other thread

From the article:

I see your point but I think some of that would include already "sunk costs". Probably around AUD$48M

i.e. What has this Project cost the Company so far (the "Sunk Costs") plus what is it going to cost in the future = SEK 6 billion

Bell Potter broker note of a few months ago had future Capex at AUD$780M. I guess that would have been based on what TLG have told them. So at 60:40 Debt Equity .................. the Equity component would be $312M.

Bell Potter assumed a raise of AUD$344M and got a valuation of $1.86 in 12 months time.

Bottom line still is we need the permit sorted to get us up to maybe $1.20 then offtakes.

Our CFO Melissa is in charge of the Debt/Equity components and I suspect she is earning her keep right now

Last edited:
From the article:

View attachment 51602

View attachment 51603

Ultimately, your statement seems to be in line with Bell Potter's estimates in their latest analyst report on Talga, where project funding of ~A$860m was mentioned. Let's hope that they are correct with further assumptions (capital raise of A$342m @$1.35/sh; operating costs of US$2,647/t; LOM sales price of US$12,295). I know there might be further negative deviations here, for example Novonix decreased their sales price expectations significantly, but I hope this can be compensated for elsewhere (e.g. grants for strategic projects). I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that I will actually need a very long breath of +5 years until Niska is live and the share price moves into spheres that are reasonably satisfactory.

Reactions: 3 users
From Bell Potter

Stage one of refinery ground works will be conducted by a local contractor and include site clearance, earthworks and installation of roads and utilities. In addition to on-site activity, TLG can now begin procurement for long-lead equipment items. TLG had A$38.6m in cash at the end of the June-23 quarter, which will support early-stage construction activity. We have estimated the total capital cost for Stage 1 of the Nunasvaara South graphite mine and Luleå Refinery at US$571m, with the bulk of the expenditure (~48%) going towards the Purification and Coating facilities which would produce ~19,500tpa of battery anode product.

I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that I will actually need a very long breath of +5 years until Niska is live and the share price moves into spheres that are reasonably satisfactory.
LOL..............................What is "reasonably satisfactory" ?

Bell Potter have SP at $3.07 in 24 months

Top Bottom