TLG Discussion 2022

cosors

👀
Sometimes you need patience. I am curious what plans Markus Schäfer has.

Reactions: 7 users

Let's see how this plays out. I think it might not be super relevant on the short term as we seem to focus on customers that produce in Europe, but might have interesting impacts on the mid term (Talnode-Si production for or even inside the US?). :)

• Fire

DAH

Regular
I don't think the Court cares about whether a mineral is in short supply or not. That might later play into future legislation being enacted down the track by the Swedish government which is probably another 2 years away if it is necessary in the event of permit denial.

In my experience they will apply the environmental law as they see fit but also take into consideration any concessions TLG will make to reduce environmental impact i.e. 6 months on mining per year.

Plus I believe the Court will also look at TLG's track record as don't forget they do have a trial mining licence that has been in production for what ?......is it 2 years. I hope we have ben model citizens as far as the trial mine is concerned.

I take some comfort in the fact that we have not heard any complaints re the trial mine plus our concession to mine only 6 months each year with restoration ongoing.

Also the fact that Euroz Hartley changed TLG's status from "Speculative Buy" to "Buy" tells me that the information on the ground in Sweden is probably much more positive that what our own nightmares are churning out on these pages.
My thinking is the court has to care to the fact that NG is in short supply. It very much ties in with the SGU's stamping of Vittangi being of national interest. I don't think it would get such status if NG was plentiful (such as iron ore). Under the enviro laws such a deposit deserves preference when competing interests (aka reindeer) arise (we all know this).

Good point re the trial mine! I often forget we have had this successfully operating (to our knowledge) now for years and recently rehabilitated. I'm very much a layman on the mining side but wonder just how far a leap it is from our 25k trial mine to the 100k we're chasing. And surely they wouldn't have green lighted the trial mine back then had it not been likely a full permit could be granted. And of course there's been a lot of positives between then and now to further strengthen a green light.

Clearly we've convinced ourselves! :)

As much as I love Euroz and their Buy rec, the fact they now underwrite our CR's I feel it doesn't pack much punch. They do however seem to "get it" which is such a nice change. Many still refer to Talga Resources which is painful.

I'm bored in my cell awaiting the wardens release next Thursday.

Cheers.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
My thinking is the court has to care to the fact that NG is in short supply. It very much ties in with the SGU's stamping of Vittangi being of national interest. I don't think it would get such status if NG was plentiful (such as iron ore). Under the enviro laws such a deposit deserves preference when competing interests (aka reindeer) arise (we all know this).

Good point re the trial mine! I often forget we have had this successfully operating (to our knowledge) now for years and recently rehabilitated. I'm very much a layman on the mining side but wonder just how far a leap it is from our 25k trial mine to the 100k we're chasing. And surely they wouldn't have green lighted the trial mine back then had it not been likely a full permit could be granted. And of course there's been a lot of positives between then and now to further strengthen a green light.

Clearly we've convinced ourselves! :)

As much as I love Euroz and their Buy rec, the fact they now underwrite our CR's I feel it doesn't pack much punch. They do however seem to "get it" which is such a nice change. Many still refer to Talga Resources which is painful.

I'm bored in my cell awaiting the wardens release next Thursday.

Cheers.
I wish you all the best with the release even if I do not dare to ask why or what you mean.

I agree with you. And I add that trial mining is a voluntary step of Talga that someone can request. Once in the program it serves to see if the business is running properly. If the parameters are not met all permits can be rejected. So it is also a kind of obligation to comply.

As I understand it an important criterion for the mining concession is the economic viability of the business and as an indication the trial mining is to grant it. It makes the decision easier to make for Bergstaaten.

And not to forget, the environmental permit is considered the most important because it is the most difficult to obtain. Nevertheless, without Bergstaaten and the mining concession nothing works. Their chief opens the mine.
I can imagine that before these bullwarks of politics were built with the environmental permit e.g. Natura2000 the mining concession was the real thing and the environmental permit was a necessary input for it.

I think it's time for this and our drillers here who still have puff unlike me:
https://www.regeringen.se/contentas...earbetningskoncession-enligt-minerallagen.pdf
Of course, Talga is mentioned. It's with us about the simultaneous submission of applications.)

Maybe @Manual will help me tired old man again for you :)

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users
OK guys and gals were we not supposed to get a refinery clearance by 24 March ?..................last Friday

From page 15 of the Euroz-Hartley presentation................

Building permits for refinery granted, with
decision to come into force 24 March 2023
(pending any appeals)
OK so here is the answer on Page 11 of the new presentation.......

Luleå anode refinery to produce 19,500tpa
Talnode® -C (purification, shaping and coating)

Mine environmental permit decision due 5 April 2023

Anode refinery environmental permit progressing

Building permits for refinery granted and in force

Reactions: 6 users
Now I do recall the "preference".................how did I forget that ?

I think I have a case of fatigue after hanging out with you lot for must be 3 years now.

I think I have forgotten more than I recall reading regarding TLG

Tired Wake Up GIF

• Haha
  • Love

beserk

Regular
Thank you for your valued sleuthing..

-beserk

Reactions: 2 users

Manual

Attachments

• ENGtrans.1230486 Omsl Ds 5 2023 6mm.pdf
    966.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

beserk

Regular
I think I saw a report from Talga about the visit today to the EVA pilot plant in Luleå. Here is a snap shot from one of the visitors LinkedIn flow of the impressions from the visit.

Screenshot_20230330_234216_LinkedIn.jpg

-beserk

Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Here's my English translation @cosors ! Happy reading (late here...)
Thank you! As you can see over in the Permits thread I'm also slowly learning thanks to you. This document is more for the TH and basic understanding of how the permit process works with this special dealing of applications in parallel.
The one over in the Permits thread is much more interesting as it shows how Talga works with the authorities and what hurdles they take and how. It gives an insight as to why exactly things take longer. And you can see the progress and gauge how far they have come in the process already. But you all know that. Just in case anyone new looks in here and thinks we're bureaucrats here. But I think it's good to get to the bottom of it.

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
Can any of you tell me what the volume was on the ASX on the 30th for you yesterday (maybe looking before opening) and then again tomorrow at close of trading? I am interested in the comparison and how much moves with you just.

Gero

Regular
Can any of you tell me what the volume was on the ASX on the 30th for you yesterday (maybe looking before opening) and then again tomorrow at close of trading? I am interested in the comparison and how much moves with you just.
Volume for the 30th on ASX was 1,136,778 shares.

• Love

cosors

👀
Volume for the 30th on ASX was 1,136,778 shares.
Hi Gero and thanks! So what was the volume today Friday?

brewm0re

Regular
Hi Gero and thanks! So what was the volume today Friday?
Gday Cosors, volume was 2.367m
I know Gero does a great job updating everyday on HC.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

beserk

Regular
Almost a doubling of volume in one day and that pushed the share price up from 1.56 to 1.64. Shareholders were mainly buying shares I assume. That gives a good indication of what trading volume in Talga will do to afffect the share price up and down.

I am still learning to ride my bicycle with trading wheels on.

-beserk

• Love

cosors

👀
Can anyone recommend a page where I can see the buy and sell and the blocks that were traded on the ASX today?

brewm0re

Regular
Can anyone recommend a page where I can see the buy and sell and the blocks that were traded on the ASX today?
Hi Cosors, I view the activity throughout the day (constantly 🤣) via CommSec, which may not be available with you being in Europe. However, this provides a summary (I believe at end of day it would summarize similar to what I have available)…

brewm0re

Regular
It does not give a high level detail though, but does provide total volume number.

Interesting you might ask. I was stunned by the bots trading between 1 and 12 shares today. From memory there were 2200 trades like that out of around 4400 trades in total

I was almost about to start a new thread using my Commsec page which I can download as an excel page. Hopefully I can easily upload an excel spreadsheet

Is that something others would be interested in ?

I would do it end of day but maybe sometime twice a day

It cannot be done via a phone so I need to be at my laptop each time

If you don’t see it it means I’m either at the pub or walking and picking up a few dog poops LOL

But I’m happy to do it

Last edited:
  • Love

• Fire
  • Love
Top Bottom