Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Affenhorst

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
Hmm, link not working for me. Content not found...
Here’s a screenshot
DBDC2603-DCF5-4C30-92F7-B59043A8A93E.png

Attachments

• 04FD51CB-19BA-46D3-8A4A-228DBB9647B9.png
    04FD51CB-19BA-46D3-8A4A-228DBB9647B9.png
    774.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

cosors

👀
On a different note has the ASX changed their method of reporting Shorts ?

They used to only report Gross Shorts (and we had to then rely on Shortman with 5 day old data to get the Net)

But now in a different portal they seem to be reporting Net Shorts. It's data is 2 days old and I cannot access the old portal

Take a look at........... https://www2.asx.com.au/participants/participants-resource/securities-lending-disclosure

Then go to ""Daily Market Report of Outstanding Borrowed Positions" towards bottom of page

Then there is ""Daily Market Report of Outstanding Loaned Positions"

Is this what I think it is ?
Interesting! I'll have to look at it later in the days. Currently on vacation and distracted.

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Interesting! I'll have to look at it later in the days. Currently on vacation and distracted.
OK so you guys and gals are still freezing your various bits off. So you are either somewhere like St Moritz or you have jumped on an aircraft to North Africa.

So where are you ?

Looking Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

beserk

Regular
No in my mind I'm up by my old huntin and fishin grounds in Arctic Sweden along the snow covered banks of the mighty Torne river a few km from Nunasvaara.

And I have got me mate Aslak with me and we have taken us here by Snowmobile that makes a racket while spewing out obnoxious exhausts full of CO2.

Here is a scren shot showing the preferred mode of oversnow transportation of the Sami and the rest of us northerners wintertime.

Screenshot_20230317_131425_Chrome.jpg

The interview with Aslak revealing the preferred mode of transport in Northern Sweden wintertime appeared in this news item from SVT yesterday.

-beserk

Last edited:

brewm0re

Regular
Nice bounce and huge volume today.
9.607million

Vigdorian

Regular
Reactions: 4 users

Semmel

Regular
I guess that's the institutions buying at the closing cross for the asx300 inclusion. Got nothing to do with Talga as a company, it's simply market dynamics.

cosors

👀
OK so you guys and gals are still freezing your various bits off. So you are either somewhere like St Moritz or you have jumped on an aircraft to North Africa.

So where are you ?

Looking Jim Carrey GIF
I am in Berlin and the weather is actually quite good.

cosors

👀
UBS takes over Credit Suisse. The or a decision was sought today to prevent turbulence tomorrow on the stock markets. Let's see if this works.

Semmel

Regular
UBS takes over Credit Suisse. The or a decision was sought today to prevent turbulence tomorrow on the stock markets. Let's see if this works.

Not a chance. It's gonna be chaos.

cosors

👀

lv.png

"In what way are Talga's plans significant for the green transition? Hear chairman Per-Erik Lindvall tell what he thinks in the clip. Photo: Hans Sternlund/SVT

The verdict in the Talgamålet will soon await: "Particularly good position"​

PUBLISHED MARCH 16, 2023
Per-Erik Lindvall, chairman of the board of the mining company Talga, believes that their operations are important for the EU's mineral strategy and the fossil-friendly industrial transition. He hopes that this will also be considered in future environmental tests.
The verdict in the Talgamålet case, where the Sami villagers' right to clean work is pitted against the extraction of graphite, will soon come. Today, it is above all the local environmental impact that is taken into account, but the mining company hopes that the global environmental benefit will also be included in the assessment in the future.
It will be important for Talga AB, which will most certainly participate in more environmental tests as more areas near Vittangi are mapped.
The graphite from the Nunasvaara mine is supposed to be processed in a facility in Luleå that is partially finished, but which will continue to grow.
It is about producing battery material that will become important when petrol and diesel cars are to be replaced by electric vehicles.

The role of tallow in the transformation​

Here, you are also well aware of the EU's strategy and the role you yourself want to play in the transformation.
- Together with the patents we have in the company and the unique deposit near Vittangi, we have a particularly good position, he says.
In the clip, Per-Erik Lindvall explains why the environmental review should take more perspectives into account."
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/norrbotten/talga-globala-miljoargument-borde-vagas-in-i-miljoprovningen

• Fire

cosors

👀
1679413003939.png

"Volkswagen is to invest in mines to manufacture batteries​

NEWS 19 March 2023 Mikael Svensson Photo: Volkswagen AG

Now the German vehicle manufacturer Volkswagen is planning to invest in mines in order to bring down the price of batteries . That is what Thomas Schmall, CEO of Volkswagen Group Components, states in an interview with the Reuters news agency.
Volkswagen is aiming to build up a large manufacturing of batteries through PowerCo. It is not only about supplying the own factories with batteries, but also external customers such as Ford. The goal is to produce half of its own battery needs.
- The bottleneck for raw materials is the mining capacity - therefore we have to invest directly in the mines, says Thoma Schmall.
Source: Börsvärlden/Finwire"
https://www.bergsmannen.se/nyheter/...vestera-i-gruvor-for-att-tillverka-batterier/

• Thinking

beserk

Regular
Post in thread 'TLG Discussion 2022' https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/tlg-discussion-2022.7072/post-264896

Yes interesting article. I went back to the original Reuters news item that it was referring to. According to article VWs ambition is to geographically diversify its sourcing of batteries. It mentions that VW through its newly started battery unit PowerCo has placed order of US 14 billion with Northvolt in Sweden. Furthermore is planning to invest a further € 15 billion in new battery plants and indeed source critical raw materials for these plants. The three new PowerCo plants to be located in Europe or North America.

No direct mention of graphite though so Talga might be flying under the radar. Still.

-beserk

Last edited:

cosors

👀
Post in thread 'TLG Discussion 2022' https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/tlg-discussion-2022.7072/post-264896

Yes interesting article. I went back to the original Reuters news item that it was referring to. According to article VWs ambition is to geographically diversify its sourcing of batteries. It mentions that VW through its newly started battery unit PowerCo has placed order of US 14 billion with Northvolt in Sweden. Furthermore is planning to invest a further € 15 billion in new battery plants and indeed source critical raw materials for these plants. The three new PowerCo plants to be located in Europe or North America.

No direct mention of graphite though so Talga might be flying under the radar. Still.

-beserk
It is clear to me that this news is older and that there is a origin through the media agencies where Reuters does not have to be the first address.
I like to forward from this page because it shows me that it has arrived on the ground in this industry and country. We have known that VW is going down this path since the Power Day more than a year ago and partly even before that.
The news is interesting at all because of the new CEO. On the one hand he has introduced a change of direction because of his not just EVs (e-fuels; maybe influenced by/from Porsche) and on the other he is reaffirming old goals.

beserk

Regular
The "friendly" competition for battery plants between US and Europe supported by IRA and building Green Europe is affecting strategic decision of PowerCo it seems.

-beserk

Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom