TLG Discussion 2022

cosors

👀
Now even those who were strictly against us are moving to our side. I think whoever is elected is now in favour of new mines. It's just stupid that no one asks who was responsible for this in the first place. But no matter, the main thing is that the awareness comes. I don't want to say that it makes me happy but more confident ;)

"New mines are important for Sweden's climate change, write several representatives of the Green Party in Di Debatt. A step in the right direction is a revision of the environmental permit processes.
Aah, sorry... I mean ==> Green Party

The authors of the debate write that the party's relationship with mines has been ambivalent, with discussion of increased production or new mines always being met with resistance. This view must be changed, they write.

"If we are serious about the transition, and not least if we are to improve the living standards of people around the world, we will need mines."

The party is now listening to industry body Svemin's need for more efficient environmental permitting processes. Unless Sweden revises these processes, Sweden, like other rich industrialised countries, will not be ready for a zero emissions energy transition as early as 2035 to meet the commitments of the Paris Agreement.

"No fossil-free mine or steel manufacturer will even have an environmental permit in place in Sweden by then," they warn."
https://www.tn.se/opinion-och-debatt/debatt-snabbare-klimatomstallning-kraver-nya-gruvor/

I took the liberty of correcting Swemin to Svemin.
I thank the hard and relentless work of Svemin and especially Mrs Suner. She has managed to convince even these hardliners!

A great feature to spoil the writing. I just had to try it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
P

Pabs

Obviously very unclear who WAS responsible but it achieves nothing to blame anyone.

Better to work as a team with everyone moving in the correct direction.

Thanks again for your research.

cosors

👀
Basically, I see it that way, too.

But it's not unclear, and we mustn't forget who caused the current situation. Of course, politicians always get off scot-free. But I'm allowed to have my opinion. I'm just harping on it because it's so absurd. But now everything will be fine. Everybody in the boat and let's go. This year is election, nobody wants to be attached. There are reasons why they don't have responsibility and right now they don't have confidence. They want to change something. I point in our direction, repair it.)

Reactions: 1 users

kram

''New mines are important for Swedens (the Worlds) climate change'' .... last time I checked we don't import anything in from another planet so where do they propose it comes from ? . Its a pity the Green element (worldwide) has gained so much influence through fear tactics alone & not been held to account by putting forward a viable alternative . Makes you wonder if some of these groups are sponsored by big oil ???

Anyway .... election coming up & nothing like a bit of added pressure to help shape things .

Last edited:

Diogenese

Top 20
''New mines are important for Swedens (the Worlds) climate change'' .... last time I checked we don't import anything in from another planet so where do they propose it comes from ? . Its a pity the Green element (worldwide) has gained so much influence through fear tactics alone & not been held to account by putting forward a viable alternative . Makes you wonder if some of these groups are sponsored by big oil ???

Anyway .... election coming up & nothing like a bit of added pressure to help shape things .
That's funny. The Greens have been putting forward solutions for decades. The fossil fuels industry has been prevaricating.

cosors

👀
I think the thing is in the middle. Yes, many have been carried away by fear and have exaggerated their views. Fear is a powerful tool of influence. Very few think that renouncing everything is perhaps the solution. But the much larger part realizes that they have to face the solutions instead of denying everything. Here in Germany and with the crisis and the conflict, they have to face real politics and they do.
I thank them for the tireless work to build the pressure for change. Sometimes I'm not happy because they often got in the way of their own ideas. Simply taking everything to court causes standstill. I suspect or hope many understand that by now. Actually, more a topic for the bar.

Diogenese

Top 20
I think the thing is in the middle. Yes, many have been carried away by fear and have exaggerated their views. Fear is a powerful tool of influence. Very few think that renouncing everything is perhaps the solution. But the much larger part realizes that they have to face the solutions instead of denying everything. Here in Germany and with the crisis and the conflict, they have to face real politics and they do.
I thank them for the tireless work to build the pressure for change. Sometimes I'm not happy because they often got in the way of their own ideas. Simply taking everything to court causes standstill. I suspect or hope many understand that by now. Actually, more a topic for the bar.
They've managed to shoot themselves in the foot a few times here too, ensuring the pro-coal lobby holds sway.

Fortunately our record fires, floods and droughts are not caused by climate change.

cosors

👀
They've managed to shoot themselves in the foot a few times here too, ensuring the pro-coal lobby holds sway.

Fortunately our record fires, floods and droughts are not caused by climate change.
One exciting thing is still to come, if those are the right words as it concerns our future. The last three nuclear power plants here are to be shut down at the end of the year.
I think only one party is seriously in favor of this out of conviction. This is especially dramatic since we are totally dependent on Russia for gas, coal and even more for oil. But before that, this party was against both nuclear power and power from fossil sources. Many of the party base still see it that way now. The solution for some is renunciation. Only with this opinion they shoot themselves in the leg everywhere in the world.

I expect the highest costs worldwide and blackouts. And something else absurd on top. The Swedes are "pissed off" because they also want to shut down their nuclear power plant and actually wanted to buy electricity in Germany. I'll put one more on top of that. They have tightened up the approval procedures to protect the environment. Now they are having problems getting the power line approved or building wind turbines. Nobody wants those things. Maybe a division of labor would be better. One develops ideas and the other implements them. A rethinking, so to speak.

kram

That's funny. The Greens have been putting forward solutions for decades. The fossil fuels industry has been prevaricating.
No laughing matter when a bushfire rips through an unmanaged landscape taking everything with it including life . I mean 'managed' as in a respectful / balanced approach as I've yet to see greens put forward anything other than a ''hands off'' approach .... but as stated above , more of a subject for the bar .

Diogenese

Top 20
No laughing matter when a bushfire rips through an unmanaged landscape taking everything with it including life . I mean 'managed' as in a respectful / balanced approach as I've yet to see greens put forward anything other than a ''hands off'' approach .... but as stated above , more of a subject for the bar .
Yes. Then you could explain to me when the greens were in a position to stop bushfire control management.

cosors

👀
I'm looking forward. I think or hope we will hear a lot of news the coming weeks. First comes the first conference of its kind, where we will speak by proxy for anodes. As has been suggested here, it might be less about the content of the talk and more about conversations about possible collaboration. The diary for confidential talks should already be full.

These two steps are particularly important for me after the milestone of the EVA plant has been reached:

BERLIN, GERMANY
BATTERY MEGAFACTORIES | EUROPE 2022
TUE 22 & WED 23 MARCH 2022
Europe’s first ever commercial conference on the rise of the lithium ion battery megafactories on the continent

https://www.benchmarkminerals.com/events/battery-megafactories-europe-2022/

You know that the EVA plant is already ready. The official opening is the next big step in the schedule for me. I hope for a big media impact. After that, we will officially be perceived as being at the forefront of the green transition in Europe, also when it comes to independence in view of the current geopolitical situation. In Sweden, and not only in Lulea, people will know that they are part of it. They have heard a lot about NV and then they will also notice us. From my point of view, I'm not exaggerating with my expectations.
And on the second day, citizens can take a close look at everything. I think that promotes identification and acceptance.

Inauguration April 1 and 2
On Friday, April 1, Talga will receive guests from business, media and society when the facility is officially inaugurated and launched. The next day, Saturday 2 April, there will also be an open house where the public will be offered guided tours to see what Europe's first anode factory looks like from the inside.
https://www.talga.se/nyheter/batterikunder-i-ko-nar-talga-ska-inviga-europas-forsta-anodfabrik/

So I'm looking forward to the coming weeks with great excitement.

Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Another thought: Instead of waiting, relentlessly moving forward step by step pays off now. When politicians sit next to NV CEOs (hope so) at the inauguration of Europe's first anode plant, some of them will surely ask themselves with enthusiasm how to get it fully up and running. No one will ask how to prevent it. This increases the pressure to get things out of the way or to intervene if necessary. We must not forget that at the same time a media battle is being fought about the Kallak mine.
And one more thought: Could the two events possibly also be about financing or is that more my fantasy?

mpk1980

Another thought: Instead of waiting, relentlessly moving forward step by step pays off now. When politicians sit next to NV CEOs (hope so) at the inauguration of Europe's first anode plant, some of them will surely ask themselves with enthusiasm how to get it fully up and running. No one will ask how to prevent it. This increases the pressure to get things out of the way or to intervene if necessary. We must not forget that at the same time a media battle is being fought about the Kallak mine.
And one more thought: Could the two events possibly also be about financing or is that more my fantasy?
All could be possible!

This would also no doubt help, news of a 3rd planned NV gigafactory in Germany!

Reactions: 4 users

Gero

Regular
Anyone want to take a guess at what breadcrumb Mark is dropping with liking this tweet?

Reactions: 2 users
P

Pabs

LG will pair this high energy density cathode tech with TLG anode to kick the pants of the competition.

What's your view.

Semmel

Regular
Anyone want to take a guess at what breadcrumb Mark is dropping with liking this tweet?

Hard to tell with Mark liking tweets. We have followed his tweet likes and other hints for some time and nothing really firm has originated from it yet. I cant tell the signal from the noise with these.

P

Pabs

It says in the Bible "man cannot live on bread alone". Which means he certainly cannot live on breadcrumbs. It's a pointless exercise I agree. We know the potential and it will certainly be realised. When ? who knows. I'm off to the shops to buy a loaf of bread and mayo to make a sandwich.

Semmel

Regular

Here is an interesting tidbit from an interview of Rob Maurer with Steve Westly. He is pitching a different company but what he sais works pretty well for Talga too. And Talga already has its life cycle report. Very interesting.

P

Pabs

His B.S. about Rob being the best tells me I should ignore anything the guy says. That's not a reflection of Rob. He also says readily "no-one knows what they are talking about". The guy has near zero credibility IMO.

Your point on LCA is a good one and TLG is well ahead of the pack and used two massive global companies with excellent credentials. Not a start up in London.

Semmel

Regular
His B.S. about Rob being the best tells me I should ignore anything the guy says. That's not a reflection of Rob. He also says readily "no-one knows what they are talking about". The guy has near zero credibility IMO.

Your point on LCA is a good one and TLG is well ahead of the pack and used two massive global companies with excellent credentials. Not a start up in London.

How can you assess the the validity of his statements by extrapolating from his opinion about Rob? It doesnt matter what that opinion actually is. My point is that its just not possible to use it as indicator for his credibility.

I like Rob, I think he is doing a fantastic service to the community. Does this make anything I say about anything invalid in your book, too?

Top Bottom