TLG Discussion 2022

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions: 3 users
P

Pabs

New deposit should raise the average grade and extensions sound good. "Drilling to continue" or words to that effect. Encouraging

P

Pabs

Good set of results again, but its the Jorc resource that matters for me. MT stated he was going to drill to "underwrite further expansions". So the current drill campaign must at least support imminent demand and the additional drilling which continues into H2 will support further demand. Will need to read again, but very keen to know how far they have gone into the depth extensions. Although they are open, the difference between 250m and 1km is obviously very substantial.

Would like to see TLG declare the largest resource, indicated and measured as well as highest grade sometime this year. Just a matter of declaring their hand imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

cosors

👀
With the policy, it is again a step further in our direction. A group has been set up that is made up of different communities of interest. It is about faster approval procedures. The new governor is the one to whom we wrote a welcome letter and presented the problem of the approval procedures. So here we go. They are aware of the urgency. A good sign!
https://affarerinorr.se/nyheter/2022/mars/ny-grupp-ska-fraemja-omstaellningen-i-norrbotten/

And Kallak comes to a head. https://www.aftonbladet.se/minekonomi/a/ML2MOo/infekterad-gruvstrid-det-star-pa-spel-i-kallak
An extremely controversial and charged situation. In addition, one of the largest steel suppliers in the world, Russia's Severstal, has stopped deliveries to Europe. (Some headings: Volvo CE stops sales to Russia; SSAB stops steel sales to Russia; Metso Outotec suspends deliveries to Russia; Russian Severstal stops steel sales to Europe - major owner is sanctioned)
More oil on the fire. What was striking for me was that even Greta's arguments are critically questioned. I have no opinion whether Kallak should be enabled or not and I think that has only a limited influence on us and that there is a rethink across the country after the standstill. Others say the ruling will be landmark.

The Green Transition research cluster in Lulea with the university is also in full swing. Once all this is in motion, it probably can't be stopped even by the most dogged.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users
P

Pabs

Excellent post again. Thank you.

Per HC, new announcement:

Drill results to upgrade Europe's largest graphite resource​

I have no idea how to access the document before they release it. Talgas web page doesnt have it yet but it always seem some poeple know where to find it ahead of time. Anyway, do we copy the HC tradition and open a new thread for this once the document can be linked?
Next time, if you want to read a announcement immediately, check this site: https://www2.asx.com.au/markets/company/tlg

Reactions: 4 users

JoMo68

Regular
Woohoo!

cosors

👀
Reactions: 4 users

Semmel

Regular
Its very positive to see more and more articles about Talga in general news. I think Talga is gearing up to come out of its hibernation. There is going to be the JORC ressource improvement that has a 100% probability of coming. There is the EVA plant that is gearing up for production and with the demand we see, its very likely, say above 90% that we see contracts in a few months. Then there is the permit, the elephant in the room. It looks more and more likely to be granted, given the events in the world and also the change in swedish policy landscape. It might be contested in court but I dont see it a big issue. Anyhow, the war just fucks with the current share price but all in all, I think we are on a rocket that is going very soon. And Talga started to shape public perception as well. What we critisized in the past, that there is too much quiteness is starting to change. I have a good feeling about this.

Reactions: 7 users

kram

All of a sudden there's ''no shortage of money''

Reuters .....
Germany to spend $220B for industrial transformation by 2026
''more urgently than ever , we need to invest in our energy sovereignty''

Electrek.co .....
VW goes ahead with $2B new factory to produce upcoming Trinity high - efficiency long - range electric car

Interesting to note the disconnect between VW & TSLA in the footnote of this article .... TSLA aiming for 10hrs per car @ Giga B .... currently 30hrs for VW .

Look out Mark .... Diess will be gunning hard .

P

Pabs

No shortage of money. The printing press has started again.

kram

With Europe having been woken up with a slap across the face , won't have any choice but to work the presses overtime , the decision has been made for them .

The bigger picture has heated up as well ....

CXO .... TSLA ''potentially'' assisting with expansion .
GL1 .... 10 year offtake , pre - pfs ?
CATL .... has ''urged'' the Chinese gov to strengthen the Li supply chain inc but not limited to ''speeding up exploration & development of Li resources'' (as reported by mining.com)

Considering they could pull it out of the ocean if the economics stacked up , imagine the (delayed) reaction to graphite when its goldilocks zone requirements finally gets the attention it deserves .

Reactions: 1 users

Costi

Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
Interesting PhD thesis at the University of Lulea.

"In the coming years, multi-billion investments will be made in large projects in Northern Sweden to create a fossil-free society both nationally and globally. Luleå University of Technology is involved in several of these cutting-edge research projects and in the societal transformation that they entail. We offer a broad range of courses and study programmes to match the skills in demand. We hope that you will help us to build the sustainable companies and societies of the future.
We are recruiting a PhD student for a Horizon Europe funded research project on mineral system modelling of rare earths-cobalt-bearing IOCG system in northern Sweden in close collaboration with the mining company Talga Resources. Take the opportunity to study for a PhD in a dynamic, international research environment in close collaboration with industry and leading universities worldwide.
Additionally, regional outcrops/data will be integrated in order to cover all scales of a mineral system, ranging from deposit- to belt-scale.
Your work will mainly include fieldwork, drill core logging, structural analysis, lab work, and the writing of scientific journal papers."

https://www.phd-positions.dk/?p=222216

I almost forgot about that.
I also like the close cooperation with the university. This is not only useful for research and keeping costs low, but also for recruiting.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
P

Pabs

Love your research, thank you.

P

Pabs

@kram , why do you think TLG have not published the top 20 since August 2021. Any thoughts

kram

@kram , why do you think TLG have not published the top 20 since August 2021. Any thoughts
Any Co. is only going to do whats legally required so would only report ''substantial change'' , anything else would be just to satisfy S/H's curiosity & not high on the list of priorities .

Also , apart from the annual report the periodic / continuous disclosure rules wouldn't require it unless its ''substantial''.

As for publishing it (website) , I'm bullish on TLG but their no different to any other Co. in regard to drip feeding info to S/H's .

Edit .... top 20 too broad a range to keep on top of ? . Although I'd still come back to it not being a priority in the scheme of things .

Last edited:

cosors

👀
Here is the latest newsletter. Unfortunately, I don't yet know how to present it "nicely" here. The drilling continues between Niska South and Niska North. And they are really taking the groundwater issue seriously. You can't fool them. They are prepared to be proactive in dealing with the matter. I don't think you can trip Talga up in this way.
Open days are also important to take the wind out of the sails. Any opportunity to calmly explain the issue to activists is good, I think.

NEWSLETTER | MARCH 2022

bd9a893d-7dcd-ebf0-e900-897e19cee820.jpg

Vittangi's graphite is the best in the world!​

Did you know that the graphite deposit in Vittangi is the best in the world? It can replace synthetic graphite made from oil in China and reduce over 96 percent of carbon dioxide emissions.
- It is a fantastic discovery that by enabling the production of truly climate-smart batteries helps the car industry in the green transition. There is reason to be proud, says Tom Kearney, geologist.
- This year, we will test drill in March and April, between Niska north and Niska south to map the deposit further. In addition, we will install four new measuring stations to measure groundwater levels.

29d715fa-bfd8-c206-3fd7-3b5f4de200cb.png
Analysis of bedrock ensures the environment

During 2021 and 2022, Talga carried out advanced studies of the area in question in Nunasvaara.
- We test the bedrock to analyze how the water moves in the ground during a quarry of the graphite ore, says Tom Kearney, geologist.
- We drill down to 150 meters and measure via pressure test how the permeability is in the ground at different levels. We get lots of real data that we can then use to analyze any risks. It helps us to optimize safety by being able to plan the mining at a detailed level.
a02f6843-f496-5be7-8580-8f790fe86564.jpg
If you have any questions, call Liz!

Your Talga contact in Vittangi and Kiruna is me, Liz Asplund. The easiest way to reach me is at liz.asplund@talgagroup.com or call me at 010-303 71 09. If you like, we can make an appointment to meet when and where it suits you. Welcome to get in touch!
5964c080-a57e-6384-4ade-6343fa85cdac.png

Welcome to meet Talga!​

This spring we will invite you to three meetings in Vittangi Folkets hus. We want to tell you more about our plans and answer your questions, big and small.

The planned dates are:
• March 16
• April 27
• May 31

16.00–20.00.

- You get to meet our experts in environment, geology and mining. We will return with more detailed information closer to each meeting, but already note the date in your calendar and tell your friends.

Everyone is warmly welcomed by Liz Asplund, Contact Person at Vittangi.

The newsletter is not yet uploaded on the Swedish page.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom