TLG Ann: Europe's first Li-ion battery anode plant commissioned - 31st Mar 2022, 8:20am

cosors

👀

They seem a bit insecure because they have to wear helmets instead of masks ;)

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀

cosors

👀
Here are some more details:

TalgaFabrikInvigning-1.jpg

"The factory is uncovered at the touch of a button. From left: Martin Phillips, Head of Europe Talga, Krister Nilsson, State Secretary to the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Carina Sammeli, Chairman of the Municipal

Representatives from Talga and Swerim spoke at the opening event, as did State Secretary Krister Nilsson from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and the Chair of the Municipal Council, Carina Sammeli. Common themes were the importance of broad cooperation to convert to a green industrial base within Europe in a geopolitically sensitive situation.

- Today is a big day in the history of Talgas and Sweden. With Europe's first anode factory in operation in Luleå, we can now see how the entire battery industry in Sweden is growing at breakneck speed, says Martin Phillips, Talga's European Manager.

The interest from both customers and partners is great, with over 20 battery and vehicle customers queuing to receive their first deliveries of materials for large-scale and commercial testing. Local subcontractors are also involved in the project. Over the past two years, 80 percent of Talga's investments have gone to local partners.

- It feels great to welcome Talga, who is the first to establish himself in Luleå's new industrial area on the Hertsö field. Together with Svartön, this part of Luleå will become a hub for the green industry in what we call Luleå Industrial Park. We look forward to continued good cooperation and together we will continue the journey towards the sustainable future, says Carina Sammeli, chair of the municipal board.

The large-scale facility planned for 2024 will be able to deliver 19,500 tonnes of finished anode material per year. That is enough for 400,000 electric cars every year. The anode, which is made of natural graphite from Vittangi, makes up 40-50 percent of the active material in a car battery. At the same time, Talga plans to be able to fivefold production to over 100,000 tonnes per year in the future.

- Electric vehicles and batteries are crucial for the green transition, and green batteries must have green anodes. We have worked with Talga for many years and it is of course a bit special when Europe's first battery factory is now up and running in Luleå for real, says Johan Sjökvist, Luleå Business Region's establishment manager."
https://www.vartlulea.se/arkiv/till...knuidriftilulea.5.fe8155017fbbe2c0b46162.html
and
http://gratistidning.com/lulea/2022/04/01/europas-forsta-anodfabrik-nu-i-drift-i-lulea/

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
And so it will go on now. I think Talga will quickly become better known. The absolute test will be passed when I read the first article about Talga by the thick-headed Germans. So far they ignore Talga because they propagate their SGL and SG. Of course, the OEMs don't care about that.

I think in a week or two this will have made the rounds and our name will also be where it was not before. As this is now the official start of the first European anode factory.
And yes, the graphite car has to be in the picture, otherwise it wouldn't be about Talga 🥳 😄

"Europe's first anode factory for batteries was inaugurated in Luleå​

1.4.2022, 19:16:47

Now Talga has inaugurated a pilot factory in Luleå. There, anodes of graphite will be manufactured, which is an important component in electric car batteries. Despite the fact that the company does not have a permit for a graphite mine in Vittangi and a full-scale factory on Hertsön, you can not wait. - Then we do not have time because then the train has already left the platform, says Per-Erik Lindvall, chairman of the board of Talga. Clear words and clearly addressed. I find that exceptionally good!

Already now the interest from both customers and partners is great.
More than 20 battery and vehicle customers are queuing up to receive their first deliveries of materials for large-scale and commercial testing.
Some tests are done at the pilot plant, where some rooms are super secret and covered with a photo ban.
The graphite to be processed comes from test mines in Vittangi.

Europe is predicted to need 800,000 tonnes​

On the podium where the inauguration ceremony was held is a black heavy car made entirely of graphite.
Of course, this is not a large part in reality, but an electric car's battery consists of 40-50 percent graphite.
The conversion to electric vehicle fleet for climate reasons is the driving force and what has made the demand for graphite nodes increased enormously.
Forecasts say that Europe will need 800,000 tonnes of graphite in five years.

The graphite in Vittangi is unique in the world​

Graphite can be produced synthetically, from petroleum coke or coal tar.
That production consumes a lot of energy and produces dangerous emissions.
The natural graphite is cleaner.
And the deposit in Vittangi is called world unique by the Talga Group.
- Others are happy if they have five percent graphite, in Vittangi 30 percent, says Per-Erik Lindvall, chairman of the board of Talga. 🤣🤣🤣

No permits ready​

Neither the graphite mine in Vittangi nor the factory on Hertsön in Luleå are licensed.
Still, the actors talk as if everything is ready. Haha - I wonder where the confidence comes from! LoL
- The large-scale facility planned for 2024 will be located on the Hertsö field in Luleå.
It will be able to deliver 19,500 tonnes of finished anode material per year.
That is enough for 400,000 electric cars every year, says Talga's European director Martin Phillips.

In the video, the chairman of the board of Talga explains why they open a pilot factory without having the permits ready.
I also want to have a vial of graphite like that or my monolith for the desk! Translation see next post. https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/norrbotten/talga-invigde-europas-forsta-anodfabrik-for-batterier-i-lulea

Keywords:
Source: svt" https://www.tellerreport.com/news/2022-04-01-europe-s-first-anode-factory-for-batteries-was-inaugurated-in-lule%C3%A5.SJZdFX3VQ5.html

or https://kuriren.nu/bli-prenumerant/artikel/l6n93mzr or https://batteriesnews.com/talga-europe-first-li-ion-battery-anode-plant-commissioned-operating/

Don't worry, I won't post every snippet and new article here. This is going to make the rounds now, I think 😉
Enjoy the weekend!

Attachments

• 1648831070.jpg
    1648831070.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
And so it will go on now. I think Talga will quickly become better known. The absolute test will be passed when I read the first article about Talga by the thick-headed Germans. So far they ignore Talga because they propagate their SGL and SG. Of course, the OEMs don't care about that.

I think in a week or two this will have made the rounds and our name will also be where it was not before. As this is now the official start of the first European anode factory.
And yes, the graphite car has to be in the picture, otherwise it wouldn't be about Talga 🥳 😄

"Europe's first anode factory for batteries was inaugurated in Luleå​

1.4.2022, 19:16:47

Now Talga has inaugurated a pilot factory in Luleå. There, anodes of graphite will be manufactured, which is an important component in electric car batteries. Despite the fact that the company does not have a permit for a graphite mine in Vittangi and a full-scale factory on Hertsön, you can not wait. - Then we do not have time because then the train has already left the platform, says Per-Erik Lindvall, chairman of the board of Talga. Clear words and clearly addressed. I find that exceptionally good!

Already now the interest from both customers and partners is great.
More than 20 battery and vehicle customers are queuing up to receive their first deliveries of materials for large-scale and commercial testing.
Some tests are done at the pilot plant, where some rooms are super secret and covered with a photo ban.
The graphite to be processed comes from test mines in Vittangi.

Europe is predicted to need 800,000 tonnes​

On the podium where the inauguration ceremony was held is a black heavy car made entirely of graphite.
Of course, this is not a large part in reality, but an electric car's battery consists of 40-50 percent graphite.
The conversion to electric vehicle fleet for climate reasons is the driving force and what has made the demand for graphite nodes increased enormously.
Forecasts say that Europe will need 800,000 tonnes of graphite in five years.

The graphite in Vittangi is unique in the world​

Graphite can be produced synthetically, from petroleum coke or coal tar.
That production consumes a lot of energy and produces dangerous emissions.
The natural graphite is cleaner.
And the deposit in Vittangi is called world unique by the Talga Group.
- Others are happy if they have five percent graphite, in Vittangi 30 percent, says Per-Erik Lindvall, chairman of the board of Talga. 🤣🤣🤣

No permits ready​

Neither the graphite mine in Vittangi nor the factory on Hertsön in Luleå are licensed.
Still, the actors talk as if everything is ready. Haha - I wonder where the confidence comes from! LoL
- The large-scale facility planned for 2024 will be located on the Hertsö field in Luleå.
It will be able to deliver 19,500 tonnes of finished anode material per year.
That is enough for 400,000 electric cars every year, says Talga's European director Martin Phillips.

In the video, the chairman of the board of Talga explains why they open a pilot factory without having the permits ready.
Unfortunately I still cannot understand Swedish => https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/norrbotten/talga-invigde-europas-forsta-anodfabrik-for-batterier-i-lulea

Keywords:
Source: svt" https://www.tellerreport.com/news/2022-04-01-europe-s-first-anode-factory-for-batteries-was-inaugurated-in-lule%C3%A5.SJZdFX3VQ5.html

or https://kuriren.nu/bli-prenumerant/artikel/l6n93mzr or https://batteriesnews.com/talga-europe-first-li-ion-battery-anode-plant-commissioned-operating/

Don't worry, I won't post every snippet and new article here. This is going to make the rounds now, I think 😉
Enjoy the weekend!
I have tried to translate the video very roughly, it is worth a close look!

~~~"Our assessment is that we are so far advanced in this process that we should be able to get approval fairly soon, hopefully in the summer or early autumn. That is our ambition. So it is to become a battery supplier for Volvo, BMW! or VW. They have to qualify their product first and show that it is suitable. It should not only work for the first charge, but for 10,000 charges over many years. So there are test processes to qualify as a supplier. To be able to be part of that, we are building this facility. Without it, we would have had to wait for the factory to be ready and then the train would have left the track a long time ago."

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
I guess we wait for 3 announcements to follow...
Permits
Funding
Offtakes
Me thinks (and strongly believes these three things are done) they will all come at the same time and in the very (like next week) future.
Optimistic nah just honest all the best peeps we waited along time for this. Well done talga

Reactions: 2 users

Semmel

Regular
Permits
Funding
Offtakes
Me thinks (and strongly believes these three things are done) they will all come at the same time and in the very (like next week) future.
Optimistic nah just honest all the best peeps we waited along time for this. Well done talga
Why so soon? The chairman of the board just said to that they expect permits in the summer or early autumn. That's .. 2 to 4 months away. And not next week. Funding and offtake might come at any time though.

Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
Permits
Funding
Offtakes
Let's hope that you are not optimistic and projecting the necessary ; )
I may understand why the Foreign Ministry was represented there. The calls from Brussels get there first and who was MT on a call with?!
I think the insight is good for understanding and the signals of support are absolutely clear (s.b.).

"State Secretary Krister Nilsson from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs was one of the inaugural speakers at the event today.
- We who work with trade issues on the part of the government see that this is important for international trade, our role in Europe and in the world, he says."

Please bear with me for my mistakes, this is quite difficult for me and without the help of DeepL it would be impossible. I highly recommend it, google sometimes only comes up with nonsense. In this video he says roughly translated: https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/n...pa-till-for-utvecklingen-ska-ga-at-detta-hall

"We have learned here today that it is a unique quality of deposit that is being worked by Talga. And that also means that we have the possibility to produce batteries that can withstand the cold better with more power and less energy consumption at that time. And then we exploit that.
We are here because we want to be part of this development and we are doing everything we can to support it,
quite simply."
how beautiful this reads: "helt enkelt." => ", quite simply." :)

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

cosors

👀
Why so soon? The chairman of the board just said to that they expect permits in the summer or early autumn. That's .. 2 to 4 months away. And not next week. Funding and offtake might come at any time though.
After all that sand, I love reading such sweet words.

Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Let's hope that you are not optimistic and projecting the necessary.
I may understand why the Foreign Ministry was represented there. The calls from Brussels get there first and who was MT on a call with?!
I think the insight is good for understanding and the signals of support are absolutely clear (s.b.).

"State Secretary Krister Nilsson from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs was one of the inaugural speakers at the event today.
- We who work with trade issues on the part of the government see that this is important for international trade, our role in Europe and in the world, he says."

Please bear with me for my mistakes, this is quite difficult for me and without the help of DeepL it would be impossible. I highly recommend it, google sometimes only comes up with nonsense. In this video he says roughly translated: https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/n...pa-till-for-utvecklingen-ska-ga-at-detta-hall

"We have learned here today that it is a unique quality of deposit that is being worked by Talga. And that also means that we have the possibility to produce batteries that can withstand the cold better with more power and less energy consumption at that time. And then we exploit that.
We are here because we want to be part of this development and we are doing everything we can to support it,
quite simply."
Well that certainly set the pulses racing - a politician who gets it.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
99.png

Nice little details. The trade name CAS 7782-42-5 and the purity of 99.99%. It reminds me of the graphic from ECGA. It said that graphite for reactors could be made with this purity. Correction: this would require two more 9s (s.b.)
I text too much but I find it exciting.
NG.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀

Gero

Regular
Let's hope that you are not optimistic and projecting the necessary ; )

quite simply."
Hi Corosor

Thank you so much for your efforts in translating the videos into English text, it is greatly appreciated.

I hope you don't mind me using your translations in my posts at the other place?

Have a great weekend!

Gero

cosors

👀
Hi Corosor

Thank you so much for your efforts in translating the videos into English text, it is greatly appreciated.

I hope you don't mind me using your translations in my posts at the other place?

Have a great weekend!

Gero
Hi Gero!

It's fine. Do what you like with it. I find it good if someone over there is interested. I have lost the fun of HC.
Have a nice weekend too!

cosors

Reactions: 4 users

Gero

Regular

Reactions: 1 users

Gero

Regular

EUROPE'S FIRST ANODE FACTORY NOW IN OPERATION IN LULEÅ​

• business
durabilityluleå is growing

Talga Group inaugurated on Friday what is Europe's first anode factory. The facility in Luleå is now officially operational. With the battery boom that is now underway, the need for anode material is great.

EVA – Electrical Vehicle Anode factory, as the factory is called, is for developing, producing and testing battery anodes and battery cells on a pilot scale together with battery manufacturers and car companies. This is to be able to produce on a large scale in a couple of years.

TalgaFabrikInvigning-1.jpg

The factory is unveiled at the touch of a button. From left: Martin Phillips, Head of Europe Talga, Krister Nilsson, State Secretary For Foreign Affairs, Carina Sammeli, Chairman of the Municipal Board in Luleå and PontusSjöberg
, CEO of Swerim.

During the opening event, representatives from Talga and Swerim spoke, as well as State Secretary Krister Nilsson from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and Chairman of the Municipal Executive Board Carina Sammeli. Common themes were the importance of broad collaborations to transition to a green industrial base within Europe in a geopolitically sensitive situation.

"Today is a big day in Talgas and Sweden's history. With Europe's first anode factory in operation in Luleå, we can now see how the entire battery industry in Sweden is growing at a rapid pace," says Martin Phillips, Talgas Europe Manager.

The interest from both customers and partners is great, with over 20 battery and vehicle customers queuing up to receive their first deliveries of materials for large-scale and commercial testing. Local subcontractors are also involved in the project. Over the past two years, Talga's investments have 80 percent gone to local partners.

"It feels great to welcome Talga, who is the first to establish itself at Luleå's new industrial area on the Hertsö field. Together with Svartön, this part of Luleå will become a hub for the green industry in what we call Luleå Industripark. We look forward to continued good cooperation and together we will continue the journey towards the sustainable future," says Carina Sammeli, Chairman of the Municipal Board.

The large-scale plant planned for 2024 will be able to deliver 19,500 tonnes of finished anode material per year. That's enough for 400,000 electric cars every year. The anode, made from natural graphite from Vittangi, makes up 40-50 percent of the active material in a car battery. At the same time, Talga plans to increase production to over 100,000 tonnes per year in the future.

"Electric vehicles and batteries are crucial for the green transition, and green batteries must have green anodes. We have worked together with Talga for many years and it is of course a bit special when Europe's first battery factory is now up and running in Luleå for real," says Johan Sjökvist, Luleå Business Region's Establishment Manager.

Europe's first anode factory now in operation in Luleå - Our Luleå (vartlulea.se)

Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom