annb0t

Top 20
TLG Ann: Talga produces Europe's first battery anode
Price Sensitive: Y
Date: 24th Feb 2022, 8:07am

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements

Reactions: 3 users
To Quote:

Talga Managing Director, Mark Thompson, commented: “It is significant to be the first to produce Li-ion battery anode in Europe, and to have done it using our inhouse graphite mining, processing, and coating technologies is a testimony to the hard work of our team, Swerim, and the support of our shareholders and stakeholders. With Talnode®-C demonstrated to be the lowest emission anode in the world, I strongly believe it holds the best promise for local, greener batteries to be produced for the major shift to electrification now. underway.”

Great news :)

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Smarty13

Emerged
This is fantastic work by the company
To have our very own design to make a Anode that brings a incredible price is only going to make our low Co2 anode a dominant company throughout Europe

Reactions: 1 users
P

Pabs

This speech by the EU commissioners is perfect.

The Russia stuff is just another catalyst to drive decarbonising the world. Will make permits and adoption much quicker.

Patience needed but we are well ahead of the pack with a perfect resource and location

Reactions: 4 users
P

Pabs

This is fantastic work by the company
To have our very own design to make a Anode that brings a incredible price is only going to make our low Co2 anode a dominant company throughout Europe
Prices around DFS at $12k ish. Plus its our own coating technology. So we have that as a unique process. I remember MT saying, customers could not work out how we did it.

• Fire

kram

TLG Ann: Talga produces Europe's first battery anode
Price Sensitive: Y
Date: 24th Feb 2022, 8:07am

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements
Shouldn't underestimate MT's ''significant'' comment .... we now have proof undeniable that our vertically integrated system is operational & WORKS

On time & within budget .... despite Covid & shipping delays

Equipment delivered , installed & able to produce product to send for customer qual NOW

''Full commissioning scheduled for completion late March & official opening of the plant occurring early April 2022'' ..... I'll have to eat my words about the timeline .

Reactions: 5 users
P

Pabs

However small, TLG is actually selling anode, we are a revenue generating business. That's also important IMO.

The following statement was made at hotcrapper:

"Talga has changed the process, they no longer use the electrochemical exfoliation method to produce graphite and Graphene, Did you not notice they are no longer using a diamond saw to produce graphite blocks to exfoliate. They have moved to a conventional mining method and standard graphite processing facility."
"They have only recently moved to crushing the ore and processing it through a standard graphite production facility, (not using Electrochemical exfoliation)"

Can any of you assess whether these claims are correct? I found the exfoliation process very exciting (fast, cheap, environmentally friendly) and would be surprised if the process had changed and not been clearly communicated to investors.

P

Pabs

Yes this is as I understood it also. If you look at the photos for the trail mine. It shows the rock was blasted. Also I was always concerned about exfoliation as its too slow for a very high volume production. But the Niska study says they have worked out how to make 10kt of Graphene from the current flow sheet. You will remember that exfoliation results in platelets and Graphene.

So in summary I think the blast, then crush and float. Taking of the it to exfoliate to produce Graphene.

I also talked to a third party who confirmed it has been blasted and picked up in a day and it went well. I do not know the person well enough to say I trust them, but I don't think they had any reason to tell me some B.S.

For reference read the Niska for the statement on Graphene and take a look at the trial mine Photos . I think there was a trial mine video too.

Thank you Pabs. It would be interesting to know if this change has any implications for production costs and environmental friendliness.

I am torn. On the one hand, I would like Talga to pay much more attention to investor relations and finally hold another in-depth webinar (comparable to the ones in September and October 2020). On the other hand, I fear that they will only do so when the next capital increase is due - and here we have to assume that investors not resident in Australia/New Zealand will be at a clear disadvantage. ;)

P

Pabs

Martin is chatting at the Benchmark event in Germany. On integrated anode etc. Its a battery megafactories event. Talga is coming out of stealth mode in March

Also they are at a Graphene event on 2nd March I think.

We have drill results and probably much more to come.

EU loans and grants will limit dilution. CR should be at a much higher valuation than the last one. So there should be some reward for existing long suffering SH.

Remember Sila managed to get their anode into a watch and were valued at $3bn over a year ago. We have 20 plus manufacturers and Tal Si in final qualification.

Exciting times.

kram

Anything can happen of course but with MT wanting divi's , can't see a CR on the horizon , not at these levels at least . With samples being committed at above DFS pricing projections , I'm getting an even stronger feeling of E.U grant / loan funding after yesterday's Ann .

Edit .... I'm interpreting the fact that the committal is at above DFS pricing as putting us in a position of power in regard to funding options .

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
P

Pabs

Screenshot_20220225-124659_Chrome.jpg
these guys need anode fast!!!

P

Pabs

Anything can happen of course but with MT wanting divi's , can't see a CR on the horizon , not at these levels at least . With samples being committed at above DFS pricing projections , I'm getting an even stronger feeling of E.U grant / loan funding after yesterday's Ann .

Edit .... I'm interpreting the fact that the committal is at above DFS pricing as putting us in a position of power in regard to funding options .
I think that is a safe assumption, give we are the only anode producer in Europe and have the best emissions credentials in the world (at present). I would buy more if I could. Gross Margins are enormous and with off takes lasting a minimum of 5 years. It's easy to securitise the revenue and get cheap funding combined with Government Guarantees.

My main concern is that VW like to own a piece of a company, such as Nothvolt, QS, 24M etc. Hope that can be avoided or at least mitigated.

Any thoughts ?

Reactions: 2 users

kram

I think that is a safe assumption, give we are the only anode producer in Europe and have the best emissions credentials in the world (at present). I would buy more if I could. Gross Margins are enormous and with off takes lasting a minimum of 5 years. It's easy to securitise the revenue and get cheap funding combined with Government Guarantees.

My main concern is that VW like to own a piece of a company, such as Nothvolt, QS, 24M etc. Hope that can be avoided or at least mitigated.

Any thoughts ?
Yeah , VW had crossed my mind as well .... deep pockets & a ''from the Mine up'' plan of attack combined with a desire to knock TSLA off their perch .

Quid pro quo ......... easiest / fastest way to get the $$$ , in exchange for what ? . I would see it as relinquishing a great deal if not total control to VW either directly or via NV & effectively shutting out our access to the rest of the market , not to mention the pricing power it would hand to them as well .

I believe the same argument applies to TSLA although I suspect VW would want the whole cake . I'll also have to admit I'm biased as I have a dislike of both VW & TSLA .... both play dirty to get their own way & both play dirty when they don't get their own way .

Despite the ''just get it done'' attitude over on HC , I believe MT is on the right track & is in an ever increasing position of strength the longer this draws out .

P

Pabs

Yeah , VW had crossed my mind as well .... deep pockets & a ''from the Mine up'' plan of attack combined with a desire to knock TSLA off their perch .

Quid pro quo ......... easiest / fastest way to get the $$$ , in exchange for what ? . I would see it as relinquishing a great deal if not total control to VW either directly or via NV & effectively shutting out our access to the rest of the market , not to mention the pricing power it would hand to them as well .

I believe the same argument applies to TSLA although I suspect VW would want the whole cake . I'll also have to admit I'm biased as I have a dislike of both VW & TSLA .... both play dirty to get their own way & both play dirty when they don't get their own way .

Despite the ''just get it done'' attitude over on HC , I believe MT is on the right track & is in an ever increasing position of strength the longer this draws out .
YES I agree. It's a matter of record. MT spent 10 years on this and I've sweated to invest. No done coin or dodgy robots or dodgy FSD.

We have an excellent product. We own the market , at least in Europe. We have the lowest CO2 in the world.

Xuck them I say.

Our patience will be rewarded. I'll buy more again.

P

Pabs

YES I agree. It's a matter of record. MT spent 10 years on this and I've sweated to invest. No done coin or dodgy robots or dodgy FSD.

We have an excellent product. We own the market , at least in Europe. We have the lowest CO2 in the world.

Xuck them I say.

Our patience will be rewarded. I'll buy more again.
Doge coin I meant. EU will subside the purchase cost as in the common argucultural policy. TLG must get paid in full for its tech.

Once we have done the deal, there is no getting out. I used to work on 10 and 15 year outsourcing deals. It's like doing a pre nuptial agreement.

You will either sleep well or get xucked for a very long time.

Patience is the key. TLG is cashed up. We can wait

P

Pabs

My advice to MT would be the same as a year ago. If they don't give him what he wants. Tell them to fuxx off. They have no other options and we have more demand than can be delivered.

Carbon Taxes plus transport costs will prevent them going elsewhere.

CATL plus others will pay the required amount and claim a refund from their government. Talga should not subsidise them.

Floating prices and maybe with a cap and collar is what I have done in the past.

MT should stay the course and make sure he is independent. If they offer $50bn now. I would probably turn it down.

I see TLG at in excess of $150bn in 2030 easily just on anode.

mpk1980

My advice to MT would be the same as a year ago. If they don't give him what he wants. Tell them to fuxx off. They have no other options and we have more demand than can be delivered.

Carbon Taxes plus transport costs will prevent them going elsewhere.

CATL plus others will pay the required amount and claim a refund from their government. Talga should not subsidise them.

Floating prices and maybe with a cap and collar is what I have done in the past.

MT should stay the course and make sure he is independent. If they offer $50bn now. I would probably turn it down.

I see TLG at in excess of $150bn in 2030 easily just on anode.
Just a thought, would independence be achieved by asking customers to pay market price or contractual pricing for anode and not doing off-take deals in exchange for equity. TLG being fully vertically integrated it doesn't need partners like gangfeng in the lithium space, TLG make the end product themselves and a case of take it or leave.

If VW, Tesla others wants a share of TLG, then ask them to buy in at project valuation or on market?

P

Pabs

Good point, we need to raise funds for the mine and Capex. if customers think we REALLY need them, they could squeeze us . BUT TLG has plenty of cash and we make a little revenue from samples so we can hold out for a long time. Excellent top twenty. Easy CR if MT wants it but not necessary.

The EU are offering grants and loan guarantees so I don't think we need customers to fund our operations.

VW and Tesla will try buy TLG or screw them for minimal pricing prior to agreement. Its like a marriage. This is not necessary. MT should 100% tell them to fuck off. There are nearly 40 mega factories in Europe and ONLY ONE anode factory in Europe. It's a one horse raise. The horse can stop for a cup of tea , coffee or even an overnight stay. That horse has still won and that horse is Talga. Mitsui are smart and NOT greedy, they would sign a cheque tomorrow BUT worry about the optics (Asia et al).

Nearly 40 mega factories in Europe, fuck Tesla and VW and the rest. We should not dilute and be independent. let import prices rise from China until they hit $20kpt and then agree that as a base for TLG supply. The cost of CO2 credits should be enough to move matters in our favour.

We cannot @Tesla and @VWgroup buy us for cheap even a minority, $100bn and 10% ish is okay today. Anything less is an insult. Musk can go try deliver some solar panels or doge or DFS or robots or ... whatever he creates from his shitty mind.

We have the lowest CO2 anodes , do you want them or not., We will tell you the price

Otherwise go to China and import them via Crimea, Kazakhstan with 25x CO2 footprint.

Patience is a virtue

Top Bottom