The Talga Bar

Semmel

Regular
Especially mountains are great with an EV because of the energy recuperation down hill. No idea why someone would want a gas car for that. But sure, you know best what you want 😉 make sure to get one that has good ventilated breaks 😅

Reactions: 3 users

ACinEur

Regular
🤣
Why are you laughing? Am I not a damn good car consultant? The boundary condition was all-wheel drive. It has. And it's similar in size to an X5, ok nearly similar.
If you buy this, I expect photos for our group.)
Absolutely love it…That or the new all Electric G Class… pictures to come, once they finally arrive in Australia!!

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
Especially mountains are great with an EV because of the energy recuperation down hill. No idea why someone would want a gas car for that. But sure, you know best what you want 😉 make sure to get one that has good ventilated breaks 😅
There is a motor brake for those who still know how it works.)
I'm definitely not interested in wasting my time on holiday looking for the nearest charging station and building my holiday around it.
It's not that far yet.
And I would like to say goodbye to old memories.
I'm still thinking about the BMW M3 with a gearsrick.

Semmel

Regular
There is a motor brake for those who still know how it works.)
I'm definitely not interested in wasting my time on holiday looking for the nearest charging station and building my holiday around it.
It's not that far yet.
And I would like to say goodbye to old memories.
I'm still thinking about the BMW M3 with a gearsrick.
Well, you could use a Tesla, which has fantastic charging infrastructure.. but I know you hate the design..

Semmel

Regular
I know its hard, but if you ever want to see the HC of Appeals make any sort of decision, no matter what direction, you need to dance it into existence! Its on you if its gonna happen! I do as best as I can but we need to stick together and channel all our internal appeal decision energy into the direction of the HC of Appeals! We need to give them the strength, the courage to do something! Lets start the music and DANCE!!

Badhaai Ho Bollywood GIF

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

TentCity

Regular
I know its hard, but if you ever want to see the HC of Appeals make any sort of decision, no matter what direction, you need to dance it into existence! Its on you if its gonna happen! I do as best as I can but we need to stick together and channel all our internal appeal decision energy into the direction of the HC of Appeals! We need to give them the strength, the courage to do something! Lets start the music and DANCE!!

Badhaai Ho Bollywood GIF
1714428527203.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Monkeymandan

Regular

Badhaai Ho Bollywood GIF
GIF by joanramone

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

beserk

Regular
Hopefully things will be clearer to me in a few weeks time when I as an outsider but one with the priviledge of ties that bind me to the settler families and the older more reasonable people in Vittangi village.

The antis are 1) young with families, 2) live on next to nothing but what they have inhereted, selling of pieces of land and forest to sponsor their mean green life style, 3 ) would never contemplate to move to Luleå or even Kiruna, they have "big fish in a small pond" syndrome
4) sometimes I wonder if what makes them tick is to prevent any investments in the dying village, they want to keep it as some sort of a museum piece
5) they are what we call ' tillbaka till landet' dreamers, back to the country living of yesteryear...their rosy dreams would be before any roads reached Vittangi, and you had to travel up the Torne river by boat for days, or behind a Reindeer pulling an akkja in winter time...

I kid you not these are the types that travel by streamlined three wheeled bicycle mobiles like Mr Taskinen that has elected to not use the combustion engine at all, but rely on muscle power to pedal his way to Stockholm and further south...

Of course they see no need for electric vehicles either...you should travel by the sweat of your brow...and ache of your leg muscles.

This is what we are up against and this faction will never say a positive word about batteries wether powered by grafite or any other technology. Mr Taskineb is a saboteur in the right meaning of the word.

Saboteur, A person that throws their 'sabot', wooden clogs, into the machinery they didn't like during the industrial revolution.

No worries

Beserk

Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
Excuse my lethargy. After ten years of activity in Lulea and an industrial area that was created mainly because of Talga, such statements hang in the air. What is anyone to make of it? One party and in opposition but completely in control of Norrbotten.

"The project sows division among the Social Democrats in Norrbotten County. According to Norrbottens-Kuriren, Luleå's municipal councilor Carina Sammeli and county chairman Fredrik Lundh Sammeli do not want to take a clear position yet - "but at the same time express a concern that the industrial project will end up in limbo"."

If not even this politicians from this one party know what to do and prefer to wait and see how the flag is waved internally.
I don't get it.
So, in the bar...
Carina Sammeli (here grinning third from left in blue) and county chairman Fredrik Lundh Sammeli do not want to take a clear position yet.
1714492996744.png

"Here together with Mark Thompson, founder of Talga (second from the right), Lotta Finstorp, County Governor of Luleå, Carina Sammeli, Chairman of the Municipal Executive Board in Luleå."

Strange behaviour.
Don't get me wrong. From my point of view I just want to do my best and stand by Talga and point out what I think is not going right there.

This is now the second politician from this party who is at most ambiguous, ambivalent or simply behaves 'wrong' (don't know the English word for the German "link"; Alemannisch für unrecht, falsch, verkehrt, entgegen der rechten Sitten - Alemannic for wrong, false, wrong, contrary to the right customs; link has nothing to do with links=left and rechts=right has nothing to do with a political orientation in this matter 🤷‍♂️), and that is demonstrable, not an opinion.
And I won't accept an argument like - 'they're all the same anyway', because it can be proven. No dodging, but clearly naming them.

Last edited:

cosors

👀
"A Polestar 5 was charged from 10 to 82 per cent in exactly 10 minutes using a 77 kWh battery with cells from the Israeli manufacturer Storedot. Polestar has posted a video of the demonstration.
Polestar's partner Storedot uses a silicon dominated battery cell technology."

cosors

👀
I'm planning a holiday by car with my honey in the German Alps. It's just a narrow strip of countryside, but it's kitschy and beautiful.
I want to celebrate for the last time the old days of driving with a gearstick and a combustion engine. I was totally surprised. She said that if it was going to be the Alps and with a car, it would have to have a gearsrick no automatic no EV.
I'm thinking of the most unreasonable car I can think of and borrowing a BMW M3, preferably a convertible.
I love BMW from the old days.
It will be a BMW M135 with Steptronic 🤤

Semmel

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Semmel

Regular
By the time the SC comes around to look at our case, talga will have forgotten how to make anodes..

Here is another picture of me dancing for the permit decision..
Falling Down Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

JNRB

Regular
By the time the SC comes around to look at our case, talga will have forgotten how to make anodes..

Here is another picture of me dancing for the permit decision..
Falling Down Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos's Funniest Home Videos
Didn't read properly, thought that was an image of the supreme court

• Haha

cosors

👀
Semmel, this is for you and your dancing:

"THE NEW NORTHLAND
Emma Själin, Public Affairs Manager at Talga, is one of our speakers at Play for Change in Luleå from 17 to 18 May.
Over two days there will be musical workshops, inspiring panel discussions with industry, culture and politics and, of course, concerts with members of the think tank Unga tanker om musiks. With the manifestation Play for Change, we are preparing a place for music during the green transition in Norrbotten.
🗣 Programme and participants will be updated continuously: https://norrbottensmusiken.se/nyheter/2024/utom-play-for-change /
---
Play for Change is organised by Unga tanker om musik together with Norrbottensmusiken, Kulturcentrum Ebeneser, BD Pop, Luleå Business Region and others. with support from Signatur - Sammlungsstiftung zur Musikförderung."

translation is a bit broken, sorry.

• Haha

Semmel

Regular
Let's dance to the tune of HC judge pencils signing appeals decisions!!! *uts uts uts uts* feel the beat!!

techno viking GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

JNRB

Regular
I held out as long as I could, but had to sell some this week for personal reasons. So:
- Fuk you Sami for abusing an already generous review process simply to make your presence felt.
- Fuk you Sweden for presenting yourself as a mature and safe first-world jurisdiction when your legal system is so dysfunctional.
*grumble grumble mumble mumble grumble mumble*

rant done.
Back to positive thinking.

I love how easily Mark moved up the volume scale in the webinar. Feels like he's been holding back but has finally decided to let 'er rip. He absolutely blew past mention of 100ktpa (and even 500), as we rightly should. I'm super excited to see the next phase when we finally start moving this project towards it's full potential rather than just cautiously testing the waters.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

cosors

👀
Picture-riddle!
Do you notice anything?

Germany:
1715096153459.png

To=Toyota

I can reveal this much it is absolutely in line with my perception.

Last edited:

Semmel

Regular

cosors

👀
Interesting data, but what is there to notice and what's your point?
Quite simply, not even BYD is on this list. It is the sales of all vehicles, of course. But Tesla has made it onto this list. BYD has therefore not even sold 548 vehicles in Germany.
On the other hand, the media always say that the market is flooded with Chinese EVs.
That may be the case.
I'm out and about every single day in the centre of a big city and pay attention to which EVs I see. They are by far the smallest group. Yesterday I saw exactly one, a Polestar.
Chinese showrooms change their brands repeatedly or have already closed again.
I emphasise that I am also interested in the brands, whether they were founded by the Chinese or bought up.
So to summarise, I don't see the flood in practical terms. Maybe not yet, the car parks/depots are full of vehicles.
I'll keep watching to see if the market manipulative offensive bears fruit.
At the moment it's not making any money here.
Of course, that may change. We will see.
This is just a snapshot here. It looks very different around the world and especially in Asia.
But it's also about conquering precisely this market. BYD has openly called for the destruction of the old brands. At the moment, however, they are still selling far better here and I don't perceive any acceptance of Chinese EVs, only through the media.
Two or three years ago, I was expecting a very different outcome to what I see now. The Chinese will also have to be patient. It is not possible to have a transparent look at all the figures, including how many subsidies, costs and revenues. It looks like an expensive business at the moment here.
Snapshot only.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom