Award
Objection
?

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
I think they just drink too much reindeer toadstool urine in the Swedish administration.

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
Semmel 💋 next gallon please.

But don't worry about it. My city parliament will have managed to renovate the opera house after 15 16a. For AUD1,650,098,096. Not a typo.

Semmel

Regular
Semmel Hi, a gallon of beer please.

Invitation to Tender
Award
Objection
Invitation to tender
Award
Objection
Invitation to tender
Award
Objection
Invitation to tender
Award
Objection
Invitation to tender
Award
Objection

And now? Again
Invitation to tender
Award
Objection
?
I'll add some rum to it, we need something stronger than beer on that news!

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

beserk

Regular
@beserk , look, I tried a new coffee roast today. Its a special easter mix/roast, offered by a local roaster. It probably cant be ordered for much longer :D.. your user image reminds me of it, cool coincidence 😂

View attachment 61014
Yes my super talented imported Italian Da Vinci class barrista makes ephemeral art work in coffee foam. With nothing more than a tooth pick....I prefer my ephemeral art work shaped out of blocks of clear Torne river ice..and chiselled by imported Da Vinci class ice sculptors...there is a Da Vinci class creator academy somewhere in the world...please let me in!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

ACinEur

Regular
While we wait… I’m due to upgrade my 10year old BMW X5… I’m interested in who has gone Electric / What and are you glad you did…. My wife refuses to have a Tesla in the house as she is not a Elon fan…. I do circa 20000 km a year and need AWD as we are semi rural and the road out can be slippery …I have Solar and Battery LGChem for the house…. My default would be another X5…it just goes … my head says I should go electric…thx in advance

cosors

👀
While we wait… I’m due to upgrade my 10year old BMW X5… I’m interested in who has gone Electric / What and are you glad you did…. My wife refuses to have a Tesla in the house as she is not a Elon fan…. I do circa 20000 km a year and need AWD as we are semi rural and the road out can be slippery …I have Solar and Battery LGChem for the house…. My default would be another X5…it just goes … my head says I should go electric…thx in advance
My gut feeling has been telling me for years that if it's 2026, maybe you can wait that long. From then on, I'm expecting a kind of Cambrian explosion in terms of the variety and performance of EVs.
From then on, the well-known old brands will also have expanded their product range, I reckon. From then on, the next step in battery performance will also have been taken. I don't know why, but since around 2020, I've only been thinking about 2026 in terms of EVs.

Honda's sell quite well here, don't look quite so boring and have some 4W in the range.
I think the American one (Rivian ??) went bankrupt.
But there is a US carmaker that converts nice conventional ICE cars to EVs, especially the classic off-road vehicles. I'll have to look if I can find my post again.

There are now also Australians who want to do this. It seems to be a new trend.
From my point of view the character of EV cars was usually simply overlooked by the designers. The main thing is that it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

BlackBeak

I have the base Model Y (RWD), I would never buy another petrol car. Every time I have to drive another petrol car, they feel like antiquated dinosaurs, they're so sluggish, the infotainment is basic and you have to go to petrol stations all the time.

I can't speak for the AWD version as I havent driven one. I'm not saying you have to go Tesla, but there is a reason they're the kost popular EV, legacy companies still can't do them right. For example VW still want you to service their EV's every year, Tesla you don't have a schedule, the car will tell you when you need something done (I've only had "fill washer fluid", I think it tells you when you've done enough km's on your tyres, etc.).

Maybe ask your wife who the CEO of BMW is? I have no clue. Could be a total d**k that supports oil companies, who knows his views. You're not buying a BMW because of the CEO, so why does that apply to Tesla? I bought a Tesla because it was the best EV on the market for us, we're the ones driving it.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Sounds like she needs to get traded in for a newer model. 😉

• Haha
  • Wow

beserk

Regular
I have got a Cupra dealership nearby to me in Melbourne.
Anybody got any personal experience of this brand of EV?

Screenshot_20240425_091735_Google.jpg

Beserk

Last edited:

cosors

👀
Anybody got anyvoersonal experience of this brand of EV?

View attachment 61513

Beserk
I mean it's a Spain VW brand. There will be more. VW is expanding its co-operation with Chinese companies and will introduce further sub-brands because of a new 'face'.

cosors

👀
I have the base Model Y (RWD), I would never buy another petrol car. Every time I have to drive another petrol car, they feel like antiquated dinosaurs, they're so sluggish, the infotainment is basic and you have to go to petrol stations all the time.

I can't speak for the AWD version as I havent driven one. I'm not saying you have to go Tesla, but there is a reason they're the kost popular EV, legacy companies still can't do them right. For example VW still want you to service their EV's every year, Tesla you don't have a schedule, the car will tell you when you need something done (I've only had "fill washer fluid", I think it tells you when you've done enough km's on your tyres, etc.).

Maybe ask your wife who the CEO of BMW is? I have no clue. Could be a total d**k that supports oil companies, who knows his views. You're not buying a BMW because of the CEO, so why does that apply to Tesla? I bought a Tesla because it was the best EV on the market for us, we're the ones driving it.
All Tesla owners that I know of here at TSE, including those in the much larger BRN group or personally or from acquaintances, are highly satisfied. I don't know of any dissenting voices.
I thought it was a bit strange when I heard about the poor performance in the breakdown statistics, where Tesla is right at the bottom behind Dacia.
But Tesla seems to be fully convincing.

JoMo68

Regular
Anybody got anyvoersonal experience of this brand of EV?

View attachment 61513

Beserk
I live in Richmond too! Got to say that Cupra is one of the few brands that my ‘morals’ will allow me to consider (no Chinese/Chinese owned companies and no Tesla. I’m with your wife on that one ACinEur 😆) My budget may not allow me to maintain my scruples though…

• Love

Semmel

Regular
I have a coworker who got a new car recently. He test drove VW ID4 and Tesla MY. He never wanted a Tesla just made a test drive so see how it is. He already had decided to take the ID4. The test drive changed his mind and he bought it. He is very happy with the decision. While I get the criticism of Musk, I dont think it should be a factor in decision for buying a car. Reality is unfortunately that it is for many people.

Also there is this:

Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
That sounds so simple and logical.

"Talga Group
Talga Group Ltd ("Talga") (ASX: TLG) provides advanced materials and battery components. Talga's target markets in graphene and micrographite include coatings, energy storage, building products and composites.

With ownership of Europe's highest quality graphite deposit, access to abundant renewable energy and vertically integrated production processes, Talga is uniquely positioned to become a major player in the growing European green economy."
https://nanoinitiative-bayern.de/nanocarbon/partner/unternehmen/talga-group

cosors

👀

"Talga Group
Talga Group Ltd ("Talga") (ASX: TLG) provides advanced materials and battery components. Talga's target markets in graphene and micrographite include coatings, energy storage, building products and composites.

With ownership of Europe's highest quality graphite deposit, access to abundant renewable energy and vertically integrated production processes, Talga is uniquely positioned to become a major player in the growing European green economy."
Screenshot_2024-04-25-10-34-53-98_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Wait a minute, isn't the membership new?
What has Talga to do with Bavaria so far! :unsure:

...new to me.

Last edited:
  • Thinking

BlackBeak

I think that's the key right. Test drive the new BMW, a Tesla, and other EV'S and decide based on what you liked best.
I have a coworker who got a new car recently. He test drove VW ID4 and Tesla MY. He never wanted a Tesla just made a test drive so see how it is. He already had decided to take the ID4. The test drive changed his mind and he bought it. He is very happy with the decision. While I get the criticism of Musk, I dont think it should be a factor in decision for buying a car. Reality is unfortunately that it is for many people.

Also there is this:

cosors

👀

"Talga Group

New at Google but no date included.

Screenshot_2024-04-25-19-40-02-64_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

"...
Talga aims to enable the widespread adoption of nanographic carbons in current markets worth over $700bn.
..."

Here too, simple, if you don't think about Swedish jurisdiction, administration, authorisation procedures, politics and minority rights and environmental protection excluding climate protection.

cosors

👀
Excuse my lethargy. After ten years of activity in Lulea and an industrial area that was created mainly because of Talga, such statements hang in the air. What is anyone to make of it? One party and in opposition but completely in control of Norrbotten.

"The project sows division among the Social Democrats in Norrbotten County. According to Norrbottens-Kuriren, Luleå's municipal councilor Carina Sammeli and county chairman Fredrik Lundh Sammeli do not want to take a clear position yet - "but at the same time express a concern that the industrial project will end up in limbo"."

If not even this politicians from this one party know what to do and prefer to wait and see how the flag is waved internally.
I don't get it.
So, in the bar...

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Top Bottom