The Talga Bar

Semmel

Regular
I expected some action following that hedgehog Tweet by now. Guess Mark doesn't want to send a message after all. Really sad development. Let's hope the courts get their act together at least by end of next week. There is nothing else to watch for at moment. Sigh.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

DAH

Regular
I expected some action following that hedgehog Tweet by now. Guess Mark doesn't want to send a message after all. Really sad development. Let's hope the courts get their act together at least by end of next week. There is nothing else to watch for at moment. Sigh.
Hey Semmel!

I think we all hoped for such. My guess is TLG were given some sort of expectation from the court hence MT was confident something was "nearby". We can also be confident that once it drops (assuming appeals are squashed) that debt funding, offtakes, and very likely the announcement of at least 1 strategic alliance follows quickly. ACC look odds on now and again another guess is the 🦔 related to them following conditional approval of their debt funding (now appearing finalised). They align so well with TLG.

Personally I think TLG are in a super strong position. Whilst others are delaying projects TLG are moving forward with stage 1 very likely funded without dilution.

Thanks must partly go to our kind friends the appalents (perfect timing with delays) and China (Dec 1st flare) for creating Talga's perfect storm.

And whilst all that takes place get ready for Tal-Si - holy moly...

I'm excited!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

cosors

👀
Hey Semmel!

I think we all hoped for such. My guess is TLG were given some sort of expectation from the court hence MT was confident something was "nearby". We can also be confident that once it drops (assuming appeals are squashed) that debt funding, offtakes, and very likely the announcement of at least 1 strategic alliance follows quickly. ACC look odds on now and again another guess is the 🦔 related to them following conditional approval of their debt funding (now appearing finalised). They align so well with TLG.

Personally I think TLG are in a super strong position. Whilst others are delaying projects TLG are moving forward with stage 1 very likely funded without dilution.

Thanks must partly go to our kind friends the appalents (perfect timing with delays) and China (Dec 1st flare) for creating Talga's perfect storm.

And whilst all that takes place get ready for Tal-Si - holy moly...

I'm excited!
I'm a bit carnival drunken and from the phone, so 👍
For me personally, the clock doesn't start ticking until 25 February. Until then, everything is within the usual framework for Swedish jurisdiction.
...for me

Last edited:
Let there be no doubt that the Sami are actually shorting the SP

It is soooooo obvious :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

DAH

Regular
Let there be no doubt that the Sami are actually shorting the SP

It is soooooo obvious :)
I see it like an atom bomb being dropped on all ex-CHN raw materials. No care for TLG specifics... a death mission they're at peace with 🤷

I share your frustration.

I think it was really pushing the limits of asx rules on disclosure with those tweets so I really expected some solid news to follow. Turns out it was same old breadcrumbs with no substance to back it up. 2 steps forward, followed by one step back then another step back. Hope there's not another cliff hiding behind the next step backwards. Mark getting margin called is like blood in the water to the sharks.

Semmel

Regular

I think it was really pushing the limits of asx rules on disclosure with those tweets so I really expected some solid news to follow. Turns out it was same old breadcrumbs with no substance to back it up. 2 steps forward, followed by one step back then another step back. Hope there's not another cliff hiding behind the next step backwards. Mark getting margin called is like blood in the water to the sharks.

Yes, that's exactly what I fear is happening at moment. Let's hope it's not getting too bad. Mark might need to submit even more :(

anodepirate

Emerged
Could Mark's tweets be a small pump attempt because he saw his margin call coming and hoped to turn the tide just in time?

Reactions: 1 users

brewm0re

Regular

Share the frustrations but those breadcrumbs were enough for me to keep the head up on this investment journey, knowing everything is brewing nicely in the background. His communication and innuendo is top notch & to be honest, it helps especially with the stringent ASX rules. I’ve learned to see it as reading through tea leaves, as the alternative is to stare into the abyss whilst waiting for permits.

As for sharks they better watch out. MT is the Mick Fanning of CEOs and this world champ will knock out any shark 🦈… Only a small % of his holding with that margin call, though he’ll protect the rest of his large nest 😁

Reinforces his commitment by borrowing to max capacity. Unsure which CEOs would fall into that position with such conviction. That provides huge peace of mind

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

DAH

Regular
Yes, that's exactly what I fear is happening at moment. Let's hope it's not getting too bad. Mark might need to submit even more :(
What is the main concern re the margin call? As we know he has a huge shareholding and some of this is funded by debt and secured against his holding. We dont know the finer details but to date any margin call simply sees MT offer up more security. No selling, no cash etc. He'll very likely do the same if called again (which I think would be unlikely), and he has a truck load of shares currently unemcumbered. I might be missing something here? Shorters can do as they see fit but it very much appears that zero capital will be raised via the market so they can go their hardest.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Nothing since 13/12/23 … surely we’re getting close. I can nearly smell it.
I had seen that they are very active. For example, the objections against Kallak were rejected. There are also regular public appointments.

Last edited:

cosors

👀
What is the main concern re the margin call? As we know he has a huge shareholding and some of this is funded by debt and secured against his holding. We dont know the finer details but to date any margin call simply sees MT offer up more security. No selling, no cash etc. He'll very likely do the same if called again (which I think would be unlikely), and he has a truck load of shares currently unemcumbered. I might be missing something here? Shorters can do as they see fit but it very much appears that zero capital will be raised via the market so they can go their hardest.
I don't see any blood or drama either.

Semmel

Regular

Ahh ok, this is not Mark being forced to sell? But simply putting more shares down as security for his loan?

Than I misunderstood the meaning of "handed over" or what the exact wording was. I thought he lost these shares due to the margin call but if I get you right, it simply means he has to submit more shares to the lending company in case he cannot repay his loan? So he doesn't lose anything just now?

This is a lot more benign than I thought! Good that we talked about it and thank you for questioning what I said!

Reactions: 6 users

DAH

Regular
Ahh ok, this is not Mark being forced to sell? But simply putting more shares down as security for his loan?

Than I misunderstood the meaning of "handed over" or what the exact wording was. I thought he lost these shares due to the margin call but if I get you right, it simply means he has to submit more shares to the lending company in case he cannot repay his loan? So he doesn't lose anything just now?

This is a lot more benign than I thought! Good that we talked about it and thank you for questioning what I said!
Yes, that's my understanding Semmel. Definitely no shares being liquidated or cash needed by MT, simply using existing shares to further secure the loan (given sp decline). I'm out of touch, but surprised there are providers willing to allow gearing using Talga as security for such. MT's loan term ceases mid-2025 so best the sp is much further north prior - I reckon he's got this 😉

• Love

Monkeymandan

Regular
Share the frustrations but those breadcrumbs were enough for me to keep the head up on this investment journey, knowing everything is brewing nicely in the background. His communication and innuendo is top notch & to be honest, it helps especially with the stringent ASX rules. I’ve learned to see it as reading through tea leaves, as the alternative is to stare into the abyss whilst waiting for permits.

As for sharks they better watch out. MT is the Mick Fanning of CEOs and this world champ will knock out any shark 🦈… Only a small % of his holding with that margin call, though he’ll protect the rest of his large nest 😁

Reinforces his commitment by borrowing to max capacity. Unsure which CEOs would fall into that position with such conviction. That provides huge peace of mind
Agree entirely.

Of course the waiting is painful. But if anything the risk profile improved further this week, with the Novonix/Panasonic offtake where they apparently achieved $9k USD tonne ($15k AUD). That gives me some comfort that the DfS sale figures remain viable, if not conservative, with the Chinese export restrictions now in place.

Yes exactly this, he's just had to provide more security for the loan to keep the LVR at 60% per the terms of his loan and he's done this by giving the lender control over more shares. Mark hasn't sold any, just like he didn't sell any when transferring shares to the lender to establish the loan. Great that he's used a company that don't then lend the shares to shorters, which I think he implied happened with a previous margin loan he had and probably led directly to the migration of posters to this forum from the other place, because he made a comment that once the loan was closed our sandy poster disappeared (if my memory is correct)

So it's not having a direct impact on the share price by more shares hitting the sell side, my comment about blood in the water was about sentiment and how this is used to feed into the story of a stock in trouble. The optics of the MD and 2nd largest shareholder getting margin called is never a positive haha. Lets hope it doesn't need to happen again 🦔🦔🦔

• Love
  • Fire

JNRB

Regular
Hi all, few thoughts:

1. @Monkeymandan I think you're totally right, the Novonix deal is an important benchmark for us. Especially because it cam at the bottom (hopefully) of a massive price crash for graphite, but still hits a reasonable price for anode.

2. As others have already pointed out, MT getting margin called shows how much skin he has in the game. Nothing but confidence.

3. I don't think MT would bother dropping breadcrumbs for something that was imminently annoucneable. So I don't see the lack of a follow-up announcement so soon after as anything to worry about.

4. Fuk NIMBY's and fuk Sweden's dysfunctional bloated approvals process that doesn't even have any confidence in it's own decisions until after multiple levels of appeal. If you can't make a judgment with enough confidence to enact it then you need a better process for making judgments.

5. From webinar re permit: "We have reason to be confident that it is nearby" "we don't get official detailed information..." - my emphasis in italics, but implies that they've maybe managed to get some information.

I reeeeally reeeaally hope we're finally at the end of this saga. Especially as the last couple of days have seen big rallies in most of the other stocks on my watchlist but continued supression of Talga. The permit at this point isn't just a step in the process, it's the brake that's been holding back a whole stack of other things. So hopefully once we get through this hurdle we'll finally see some value being realized in the stock again.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

cosors

👀
Nothing since 13/12/23 … surely we’re getting close. I can nearly smell it.
Look at here

They're already at work. But I haven't the slightest idea how fast or how many employees they have. I don't think Schwenden will be any different to others and the courts are totally overloaded. Of course, this is also because of the associations and organisations that actually mean well for the environment. but in our case the opposite can be achieved. Semmel knows what I'm talking about. In his city, there are over 5600 open cases against an organisation called the Last Generation (maybe already mentioned), which sticks to the streets or attacks things. On the other hand, half of all tax evasion cases, such as those involving clans or betting shops, have been dropped.

Here is a summary of the projects far up north. These are huge challenges. We can be glad that we are among the old players and will be the first.

"The green transition in the north – a huge managerial challenge​

THE GREEN TRANSITIONA gigantic challenge. For the whole society, and for the managers who have to row it all ashore. It is about the industrial revolution in upper Norrland, which will transform Sweden into a leading force in the global climate transition. It is likely that you too will be affected by the large-scale industrial experiment.

OVER THE NEXT FEW YEARS, up to SEK 1,100 billion will be pumped into wind farms, battery factories, mines, steel mills and entire industrial processes in North and Västerbotten. Investments that will reduce carbon dioxide emissions to a minimum and redirect the entire society in a green, sustainable and fossil-free direction.

Ultimately, it is about nothing less than saving the world and humanity from a looming climate catastrophe.

The size and power of the northern societal transformation makes the world astounded. The stakes are so huge that they are hard to grasp. But they will go down in the history books, and are already turning whole cities upside down (literally, Kiruna and Malmberget have to move).

Places like Luleå and Skellefteå are getting new life and the whole region is buzzing with activity. In a few years, heavy industrial projects such as Northvolt, H2 Green Steel, Fertiberia and Hybrit have established themselves, while the mining and steel giants LKAB and SSAB are restructuring their entire operations.

Read also:

"Getting staff to the public sector the absolute hardest

From stagnation to strong expansion: 40,000 new jobs are expected in and around the new industrial projects.
Another 10,000 jobs will be created in sectors such as school, care, trade, restaurants and culture. An increase in employment in the region by as much as 20 percent, and an expected population growth of upwards of 100,000 people.
All in a country that has long struggled against the wind.
At the same time, we are still only "at the end of the beginning" of the green industrial transition, says the government's former coordinator for the expansions in the north, Peter Larsson. Many problems remain, and questions of fate loom large in a world that seems increasingly uncertain.
How to manage the supply of skills and get more people to move to the north? Will the electricity and raw materials be enough? How is the "ordinary" municipal manager supposed to get it together with housing, schools and all other community services that are required, when the economy is simultaneously pointing down?

Read also:

"Managers can increase motivation and pride"

The recent death at the battery manufacturer Northvolt in Skellefteå raises further questions about the safety in and around the giant industrial ventures and the working conditions of the many foreign guest workers.

"The social transformation in northern Sweden must succeed," writes Peter Larsson in a report to the government, in terms that almost resemble an incantation.

The next five years will be decisive for how things will go. Will the high expectations be fulfilled? Or is it a green bubble waiting to burst?

Chief looks north to seek answers to the most burning questions.

Almost all are linked to leadership.

Read also:

"We must succeed - I don't say anything else"

A SELECTION OF GIANT PROJECTS IN NORRLAND

KIRUNA​

LKAB
CEO Jan Moström
Four to five so-called iron sponge plants, for the production of carbon dioxide-free iron raw material using hydrogen gas. An expansion from previous plans of only three. Planned start of construction around 2030. North of the central city is probably Europe's largest deposit of rare earth metals, necessary in e.g. electric cars and wind turbines. LKAB has applied for a processing concession.
Copperstone
CEO Jörgen Olsson
Swedish mining company that wants to bring the closed Viscaria mine back to life, for mining the scarce metal copper, which is of central importance for the green transition. The project is controversial, representatives of the Sami have said that coexistence is impossible.

VITTANGI
Talga

CEO Mark Thompson
Australian mining company planning a mine for the extraction of graphite, but even these plans are disputed and the environmental permit appealed.

GÄLLIVARE
H 2 Green Steel

CEO Henrik Henriksson
Steel production with fossil-free electricity and hydrogen. Start 2024, full operation 2030. The hydrogen factory adjacent to the steel mill will be disrupted in the world.

LULEÅ​

Hybrid
CEO Ulf Spolander
Pilot plant for the production of sponge iron, as well as a pilot plant for the storage of hydrogen gas. Hybrit is a joint venture owned by LKAB, Vattenfall and SSAB that develops new production technology.
Talga
Europe's first pilot factory for the manufacture of battery anodes. Full-scale production is planned, but it is based on the company's mining of graphite in Vittangi becoming a reality.
Fertiberia
CEO Javier Goñi
The Spanish fertilizer giant's planned factory for "green" ammonia and artificial fertilizers. Start of production in 2027.
SSAB
CEO Martin Lindqvist
New plant with electrified arc furnaces and fossil-free steel production in so-called mini mills. The coking plant is decommissioned and carbon dioxide emissions in Luleå are reduced by 90 percent.
LKAB
CEO Jan Moström
Circular industrial park for the production of rare earth metals from mining waste, as well as phosphorus and mineral fertilizers. Planned start in 2027.

PITEÅ​

Markbygden's wind farm
Europe's largest wind farm, which accounts for up to seven percent of Sweden's energy production. The company that operates parts of the area and is 75 percent owned by the Chinese state, Markbygden Ett, recently applied for reconstruction. A total of over 1,100 wind turbines are planned."

It has come to this. Imagine we don't do exactly what they want. You Aussies are much braver than us. At least you behave much more directly and clearly as far as I can see from a distance.

Last edited:

Semmel

Regular
Nice day today on the market :) 10 more of these and we are golden :)

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Semmel

Regular
Does anyone have a link to the swedish court webpage that my F5 key need to monitor for the next couple of weeks?

• Haha
Top Bottom