The Talga Bar

cosors

👀
I changed the language in the browser again, used a different search engine and switched on the VPN to Sweden. I already knew that there is a lavender association called Talga in Australia, but this made me smile a bit:

"Talga is a licensed Saudi Non-Profit Organization (NPO) officially registered in the Ministry of Human Resources & Social Development as (The Sustainable Development Association “Talga”) with a license number (1033) dated (1/2/1439H)."
https://talga.org/about-talga/
Learned something again ... and Google assumes my location with Lulea 🤣

Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
Nothing exciting, just a thought.
I read today an old protocol of Kiruna municipality responsible for Nunasvaara.
It was a coincidence. The document has been updated but the content is from the beginning of the test mining when we were still sawing. What I want to get at, it said that they were allowed to mine 2000m³. But they accidentally mined a little more and had to dump back 70m³. It reminded me of world-class purity. The purity of our resource is coming into its own right now. Even this small amount of 2500t is worth gold to us. Thanks to the purity, we can already produce a not inconsiderable amount of anodes from it. I don't think that's what the authorities meant by the approved amount for test mining.
That's how it is when you are world class then even leftovers are enough to win. LoL 😆

Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
This is privately organized here at tse with little advertising and many things that are much more better than HC. There is also no fund run by TMH and influenced over HC. I can recommend the cheap upgrade and to take a look at the tse lounge. As a reminder and for newcomers: type in lounge under stocksearch above.

Have a nice weekend!

Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
Topic for the bar and perhaps of general interest. It's about the debate in society and how influencers try to paint a false picture. In this case about Kaunis.
This was also often the case with Beowulf and Kallak. Many reacted in horror because they believed what was reported. I remember the fourteen year old girl who predicted the flood and doom if the mine would be allowed. With Beowulf, you could only read the counterstatement at Svemin.
In some of the popular press some paints their own picture driven by some influencers or, as is suggested here, liars. Kaunis got the permit also because of pressure from society, they wanted the mine. Now Kaunis is trying to correct the image that a few have placed in people's minds.

I go to the bar because it's a political thing and they are fighting as dirty as they can. You know my opinion. Protect the nature and not your own self interest. But make up your own mind.

"Kaunis Iron: Lies that overlook a billion in concrete societal benefit​

March 23, 2022 at 09:27

A deeply incorrect picture of the mining industry's economic impact on the local community and Sweden is being spread in the media debate right now.

In some descriptions, the mining industry is said to be short-term and that the profits are taken out of the region and even out of the country. That the tax revenue is missing.

It is a directly incorrect description of reality. Partly perhaps due to ignorance of how the Swedish tax system works, partly perhaps because they intentionally want to undermine the legitimacy of our business.

Let us therefore report the impact of Kaunis Iron's operations in just one year, which was recently summed up in 2021.

During the calendar year 2021, our business generated:

• SEK 369,254,873 in tax and fee payments to the Swedish state through corporation tax, payroll tax, fuel tax, social security contributions, etc.
  • SEK 182,444,666 in salary payments, which our employees then spent on purchasing goods and services in the local community.
  • SEK 504,175,302 in purchases of goods and services locally and regionally.
Of course, these 1,055 million that we deliver in the next stage also generate tax revenue and growth in the form of jobs and additional investments and purchases.

Of course, this is an economic engine that strengthens the local community and the region.

If we look at Pajala municipality, we can see that our Swedish tax equalization system, the solidarity system that ensures that rich municipalities help the poorer, pays out about 280 million to Pajala. If we put it in relation to the 369 million we pay directly to the state, Pajala is thus no longer a contributing region, but on the contrary to the net effect a contributing region. Of course, we should be proud of that together.

Let us also look at the other societal effects. Our business has of course given many Pajala residents jobs, we have also recruited from other parts of the country and the world, which has generated an influx. That the population development for 2021 lands on a plus of seven people in Pajala may not look so impressive, but then one must also understand the demographics and the historical development in Pajala. It is a clear positive trend break that in comparison with equivalent sparsely populated municipalities is unparalleled.

If we look at the unemployment figures, we also see that Pajala stands out, despite the pandemic's negative impact, unemployment continues to decline and is today at historically low levels. The current figure is 2.3 percent, which is 2.2 percentage points lower than it was in 2020.

This reasoning, this arithmetic exercise, is of course an equation that is equally relevant to perform for Kiruna and Gällivare and Norrbotten and Västerbotten linked to, among others, LKAB and Boliden. This societal benefit must of course also be taken into account for the new mining establishments that are planned in Sweden.

If we also raise the issue to the national level, our sector is also a significant part of our country's export industry with multi-billion revenues that strengthen our country and our welfare.

A mine establishment may cause debate, it is perfectly reasonable, of course, but let us once and for all dispel the fog curtains and the pure lies that our industry does not generate societal benefits and economic sustainability. It is directly wrong to say this. The serious thing is that this misinformation risks giving the public a distorted picture of reality and in the next step lead to completely wrong conclusions and decisions. Therefore, facts must be allowed to speak their clear language.

And for those who still doubt: We take that debate anywhere, anytime.

Anders Sundström
Chairman of the Board, Kaunis Iron

Klas Dagertun vd
, Kaunis Iron"

I don't want there to be a false impression. Beowulf is not an innocent lamb, they work with tax havens and with a lobbying agency. I just want to show how dirty both sides are fighting. I hope and think we will be spared that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Just for grins. They have to make more of an effort to conquer the market.
Untitled.jpg

...it's lousy :ROFLMAO:

Untitled.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Don't forget peeps we have a new Quarterly due out by Friday next week 29 April

• Fire
Guys this just came up released an hour ago!!!! Can't see any announcements

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220420_004217_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220420_004217_com.android.chrome.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 58

cosors

👀
The laugh for today. This radio station was already far sighted in its dimensions back then. What they couldn't know at the time was that it would be electric, hoped.

cdd54bd5-1e8f-4595-bab2-e56d232b73da.png

"Stock Photography. Photo: Alf Lindbergh / Press photos.
TEST DRILLING IN VITTANGI

Talga: The graphite in Niska is world class​

Published Friday 5 July 2019 at 06.20
The company Talga Resources now presents detailed results from the first test drilling carried out in the Niska deposit in Vittangi.
Talga wants to start a graphite mine there and according to a press release, the tests show an exceptionally high-quality graphite deposit.
28 holes have been drilled and according to Talga's CEO Mark Thompson, this is a graphite deposit of absolute world class.
Just before the summer, Talga went out and told them that in addition to a mine in Vittangi, they also want to start a factory in Luleå. Battery material would be manufactured there." https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/7257764

:rolleyes:... :ROFLMAO:
I think the 793 is a tiny bit exaggerated. If it only ran two to three hundred metres three times a day, it would have already transported almost a third more than we are allowed to mine in the first stage.

Last edited:

Semmel

Regular
Interesting, he talks about some stuff that Talga also has in their portfolio. Some parts:

Electrochemical exfoliation
I know Talga used this to create graphene particles in the past but abondened that approach because it was not scalable enough (my memory.. not sure if that was the only reason)

Graphene enhanced Anodes
I wonder what the connection to Talga is. If Talga licenced their tech or if there is another connection? I am pretty sure that Talnode-Si uses Graphene additives to improve performance and longevity. Not sure about Talnode-C.

The lithium metal, coated with graphene is kind of interesting. Lab scale examples have been shown quite a few times already but I am not aware of any commercialization yet. Lets see how this plays out. Will be interesting! Many open questions and .. keep in mind, 99% of battery development projects fail for some reason or other. Its hard to find the right technology that can be commercialized. I whish them luck! Their process can only help the world to get to high energy density batteries. Talga will have its place regardless, we can coexist with this quite easily.

cosors

👀
1898 - an Ev with 63Km/h, better picture in some days...
IMG20220519202811.jpg

TentCity

Regular
Question for any tax savvy fellow Talga investors out there - can we expect any future Talga dividends to have any franking credits attached to them for Australian based investors given all of the operations will be located in Europe?

Apart from the HQ currently being located in Perth, I can’t see them paying much in the way of tax here in Aust and i imagine we have a tax treaty between Aust & Europe/Sweden? Anyone looked into this?

I imagine a lot of early future profit will be reinvested to scale the business from 19,800tpa ~ 100,000tpa ~ 300,000tpa ~ 500,000tpa and beyond, but it will be a very profitable operation based on operating margins and future demand, so for those long term investors, the dividends could be quite substantial regardless of franking credits.

Semmel

Regular
Nice trading day down under. :) Good start of the week, not yet collapsing after a pump as usual in the past. Are the bears asleep at the beach? Hope they slowly turn red in the sun. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀

"Goldman Says Bull Market in Battery Metals Is Finished for Now​

• Cobalt, lithium, nickel to fall in the next two years: Goldman
  • A new bull market may start in the second half of this decade

Green Data Dash​

Goldman Sachs Group Inc. said the price of three key battery metals -- cobalt, lithium and nickel -- will drop over the next two years after investors wanting exposure to the green-energy transition piled in too quickly.
“Investors are fully aware that battery metals will play a crucial role in the 21st century global economy,” Goldman analysts including Nicholas Snowdon and Aditi Rai said in a note on Sunday. “Yet despite this exponential demand profile, we see the battery metals bull market as over for now.”
The long term prospects for the metals remain strong, not least because of the rapid adoption of electric vehicles, according to Goldman. But investor exuberance has led to an oversupply.

Lithium’s 500% Surge Risks Devastating World’s Climate Goals
There’s been “a surge in investor capital into supply investment tied to the long term EV demand story, essentially trading a spot driven commodity as a forward-looking equity,” the analysts said. “That fundamental mispricing has in turn generated an outsized supply response well ahead of the demand trend.”

There will be a “sharp correction” in lithium prices, with the metal averaging under $54,000 a ton this year, down from a spot price of over $60,000. It will fall further to an average of just over $16,000 in 2023, the Wall Street bank said.
I think at the latest when the monster AVZ is launched ;)

Cobalt will probably drop to an average of $59,500 a ton next year from roughly $80,000 now. Nickel is likely to rise almost 20% over the rest of this year to $36,500 a ton before “fundamental pressures” drive it lower again, the analysts forecast.
Still, prices could soar again after 2024.
“This phase of oversupply will ultimately sow the seeds of the battery materials super cycle over the second half of this decade,” the bank said. Then, “the demand surge will more sustainably overcome current supply growth.”
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-market-in-battery-metals-is-finished-for-now

Is graphite soon discovered for investments :unsure:
come over to us, you are all welcome!

• Fire

cosors

👀
A little off topic and unrelated to Talga. Nevertheless, I find it interesting because two interesting fields overlap here for me.

"Face recognition algorithms for aging determination
April 14, 2022
The German Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (BAM) has developed a method that uses algorithms from face recognition to determine the aging of Li-ion batteries. The method is intended to help produce long-lasting, safe batteries and improve their environmental performance.
Lithium batteries are particularly susceptible to aging processes. During each charging and discharging process in an electric battery, lithium ions become deposited in the electrodes of the cell like in the pores of a sponge. Over time, however, the filigree structures become fractured and cracked. As a result, more and more lithium ions no longer fit into the hollow spaces of the "sponge"; instead, they accumulate in piles around the electrodes and hinder the movement of other ions. The performance of the battery decreases.

The pile formations show characteristic patterns in the process: because lithium occurs in nature in two different isotopes. "We now know that the distribution of lithium isotopes in a cell is directly related to its age state," explains Carlos Abad, head of the project. The chemist and his colleague Dalia Morcillo have analyzed this distribution in more detail using spectral analysis.

This involves exciting lithium ions with light, which they absorb to varying degrees. "The images of these isotope spectra are almost indistinguishable to the naked eye," explains Dalia Morcillo. "They resemble each other like the faces of twins."

This gave the team the idea of using algorithms from face recognition for the evaluation. As a result, the researchers have found a method to quickly determine the isotope distribution in a cell.

"In the next step, we want to provide companies that produce lithium batteries with a fast and inexpensive method to evaluate the aging behavior of their batteries already in the laboratory," says Carlos Abad. "This should make it possible to make batteries more durable and ultimately more sustainable in the future."
https://www.elektroniknet.de/automo...gorithmen-zur-alterungsbestimmung.195385.html

cosors

👀
A new super EV hybrid is out. It's probably made in the UK, but see for yourself:

Last edited:

Affenhorst

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
Last edited:
  • Love
Top Bottom